Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1936104 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread
« Reply #3760 on: March 7, 2016, 09:33:12 am »
I would say it is pretty much obvious to everyone that Villa are down so it is 2 from Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle.

I'm sitting here thinking what if it goes to the last day of the season, Norwich are all ready safe . . . . . we are away to Spurs, it is the 93rd minute, Mitrovic skips past one, two, three defenders, effortlessly then unleashes a piledriver that not only ensures Newcastles survival, but also sends the Mackem c*nts down.

Yeah right, in my dreams    >:(

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3761 on: March 7, 2016, 10:33:19 am »
I would say it is pretty much obvious to everyone that Villa are down so it is 2 from Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle.

I'm sitting here thinking what if it goes to the last day of the season, Norwich are all ready safe . . . . . we are away to Spurs, it is the 93rd minute, Mitrovic skips past one, two, three defenders, effortlessly then unleashes a piledriver that not only ensures Newcastles survival, but also sends the Mackem c*nts down.

Yeah right, in my dreams    >:(

That's not going to happen is it.

You're at home to Spurs last day of the season.
The nightmare scenario would be needing a Newcastle win to stop Spurs winning the league. Imagine having to rely on Steve McLaren.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: March 7, 2016, 03:29:53 pm »
That's not going to happen is it.

You're at home to Spurs last day of the season.
The nightmare scenario would be needing a Newcastle win to stop Spurs winning the league. Imagine having to rely on Steve McLaren.
Yeah, I said away to Spurs.

I'm not thinking straight.    :butt

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: March 7, 2016, 04:31:19 pm »
Can't believe we're sitting here after all these years and Ashley is still the owner of Newcastle.

Let's be honest, he hasn't ever hired a decent manager yet and seemed obsessed with the cockney brigade taking over the club.

I feel sorry for the Newcastle fans having to put up with this, who by and large are a sound bunch. What hope have they got if the owner hasn't got one thing right in his tenure? If Ashley thinks the answer is Moyes, then I hate to think what the problem is! The fans seem pretty unanimous in wanting Rafa as their next manager (showing themselves to be more sound than the Villa lot who didn't want a 'fat Spanish waiter' in 2012... famous last words...) and it would be a great appointment.

But would any manager succeed under that structure at Newcastle? I doubt it - it's a poisoned chalice thanks to bad ownership. As said, the rot starts from the top, and if the men at the top are rotten, then everything else fails. What needs to happen now is for Newcastle fans to stage mass boycotts of St James Park. It can't carry on like this - Mike Ashley is destroying that club and even from an outsiders point of view, it's not nice to see.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3764 on: March 7, 2016, 05:09:58 pm »
Last day of the season, May 2015, Ashley gives his 1st, his one and only interview since taking over at Newcastle United.

I needed to watch it again to be reminded of what he said.

I wish I never watched it    :no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6X_zJWnox8

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3765 on: March 7, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
Last day of the season, May 2015, Ashley gives his 1st, his one and only interview since taking over at Newcastle United.

I needed to watch it again to be reminded of what he said.

I wish I never watched it    :no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6X_zJWnox8

I think you could get a very good manager in easily. Big club, one club city etc....but these is your problem. The fat fucker

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3766 on: March 7, 2016, 05:40:09 pm »
If the job is available, Rafa should take it. He would do well if he can make this a long term appointment.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: March 7, 2016, 06:13:35 pm »
If the job is available, Rafa should take it. He would do well if he can make this a long term appointment.

Him and Mike Ashley will go down like a house on fire.

West Ham job last summer was perfect for him. Less pressure, decent squad and some money to spend and Europe.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2016, 06:15:16 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: March 7, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »

"Newcastle manager" and "long term appointment" are a contradiction in terms and have been for some time.  Chelsea have had a dozen managers in as many years but I reckon Newcastle could give them a run for their money.

EDIT: I'm not sure why there is so much sneering at the prospect of Moyes taking over though?  Yeah he's a bit of a yes man and his nickname at Preston NE was Dithering Dave by all accounts, but Everton were in a very similar state to the current Newcastle team when he took over. 

The United job was always going to be too big for him but he's a steady enough pair of hands.  And he'd have more resources available then he ever had at Everton - Newcastle have hardly been thrifty.

The only real question is would fans show patience and give him the time he needs?
« Last Edit: March 7, 2016, 07:24:41 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: March 7, 2016, 07:52:53 pm »
Rafa will be in the position of wanting a table leg, two footstools and a pair of curtains.  Fat Fucker Ashley will give him a freebie Newcastle 3rd strip in Junior size 2012/13 vintage, framed and signed photo of Wor Jackie and an out of date Pukka Pie.

Would be insane for Rafa to go there under Ashley's ownership.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3770 on: March 7, 2016, 08:08:41 pm »
I keep tuning in like every 15 minutes to see if he's been sacked yet.

No news isn't good news     :butt

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: March 7, 2016, 08:14:12 pm »
I hope Rafa stays well away from Newcastle, with all due respect to Paul and the other Geordie fans on here. It's Ashley that's the problem, he's absolutely toxic, and I'd fear for Rafa if he took the job. His reputation has already taken a knock in recent years, and I wouldn't want to see him struggling anymore.

Any decent manager needs to stay away until Ashley's sold up. But who knows when that'll be? I love Newcastle as a city (did the stadium tour on a stag weekend a few years ago, and the staff there and the people in general are absolutely sound) and have a few mates who are Geordies and it's sad to see them in this state.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3772 on: March 7, 2016, 08:52:31 pm »

If you want a managers name from out of nowhere--- Bob Bradley is your man.

He'd make you competitive. He's done that with every team he's managed. Knows how to coach players.

The problem is he's American and wouldn't get the time of day in the English press.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #3773 on: March 7, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »
Norwich and Villa have no chance. Between them and Sunderland and Sunderland are better equipped. It would sadden me but I think they'll go down again.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: March 7, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »
Norwich and Villa have no chance. Between them and Sunderland and Sunderland are better equipped. It would sadden me but I think they'll go down again.
Much as I hate to say this, I would say Fat Sam's got more fight in him than MacClaren will ever have.  I'd love nothing more than Sam to take the Mackems down.  I'm not counting on it though.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2016, 10:36:42 pm by BlackandWhitePaul »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: March 7, 2016, 09:37:37 pm »
If you want a managers name from out of nowhere--- Bob Bradley is your man.

He'd make you competitive. He's done that with every team he's managed. Knows how to coach players.

The problem is he's American and wouldn't get the time of day in the English press.
I am just looking at this  http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/19/bob-bradley-le-havre-usa

Look at this . . .

“From the time that I was finished with the US team, my name was linked, 10 or 12 times, with jobs in England, and only once did I have direct contact with the club,” he says, perhaps with a slight hint of vexation. “Had I had opportunities in the Premier League, in the Bundesliga, in La Liga, I think I would have been ready to jump on any of them, but those type of opportunities never materialised.”

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: March 7, 2016, 09:38:32 pm »

Can't quite get my head round it. The time to get someone else in was yesterday. It's last roll of the dice time. Why isn't it rolling?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: March 7, 2016, 10:35:06 pm »
Can't quite get my head round it. The time to get someone else in was yesterday. It's last roll of the dice time. Why isn't it rolling?
Mad isn't is, especially when one thinks just how much money Newcastle are going to lose out on if/when they are relegated.   Everyone knows the one thing that motovates Mike Ashley is money so why hasn't he not sacked MacClaren and got a decent Manager in, even if it costs him £5million, it would be worth paying Rafa or anyone else that money if they could come here and save them from going down.  £5million is peanuts next to what Newcastle are going to lose.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3778 on: March 7, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »
Mad isn't is, especially when one thinks just how much money Newcastle are going to lose out on if/when they are relegated.   Everyone knows the one thing that motovates Mike Ashley is money so why hasn't he not sacked MacClaren and got a decent Manager in, even if it costs him £5million, it would be worth paying Rafa or anyone else that money if they could come here and save them from going down.  £5million is peanuts next to what Newcastle are going to lose.

I wonder if it is an availability thing, I'm sure they've been asking around - maybe no one wants it with the team in their current predicament?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3779 on: March 7, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »
What's Joe Kinnear up to these days?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #3780 on: March 7, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »
^^ This Paul has to happen or its doomed.Rafa would be the best option for the short term,in my opinion.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: March 7, 2016, 10:46:37 pm »
Newcastle are gone I think now. McClaren is a good coach but as a manager he has "loser" tattooed over his face.

He's like a haunted wet sock.

Imagine being "motivated" by Steve McClaren?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: March 7, 2016, 11:02:57 pm »
What's Joe Kinnear up to these days?
Public relations.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3783 on: March 7, 2016, 11:05:38 pm »
If you have never seen it, watch this, it is fucking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97-p_hFsFao

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #3784 on: March 7, 2016, 11:28:11 pm »
^^ This Paul has to happen or its doomed.Rafa would be the best option for the short term,in my opinion.
I don't see why Rafa is considered a good fit by anyone. When has Rafa (and I do rate him as a coach and a man) ever dealt with a relegation scrap?
I don't have any suggestions to be honest so take it for what its worth. Its a shame Pulis has suddenly turned WBA around, you might ahev stolen him from them a couple of weeks ago when Baggie fans were giving him the gears. He would be a good fit for staying up.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3786 on: March 8, 2016, 12:01:01 am »
Louise Taylor of The Guardian is reporting McClaren is likely to be sacked within 48 hours.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: March 8, 2016, 12:14:06 am »
Why does everyone think that McClaren is a good coach? What is this actually based on? It's all I've heard from fans and the media lately, yet I doubt 99% of those saying it have ever seen him coach.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3788 on: March 8, 2016, 12:27:19 am »
Why does everyone think that McClaren is a good coach? What is this actually based on? It's all I've heard from fans and the media lately, yet I doubt 99% of those saying it have ever seen him coach.

Well Ferguson had him as his assistant for a couple of years and I'd imagine he wouldn't have done so just out of kindness. Being a good coach doesn't make you a good manager. He's actually won a couple of things as well and hasn't been scared to go abroad to try his hand.

He's likely a very good coach but he hasn't been able to fully translate that into management. It happens to a lot of coaches.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: March 8, 2016, 12:56:55 am »
I am just looking at this  http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/19/bob-bradley-le-havre-usa

Look at this . . .

“From the time that I was finished with the US team, my name was linked, 10 or 12 times, with jobs in England, and only once did I have direct contact with the club,” he says, perhaps with a slight hint of vexation. “Had I had opportunities in the Premier League, in the Bundesliga, in La Liga, I think I would have been ready to jump on any of them, but those type of opportunities never materialised.”

I think I mentioned his name the last time a PL job was coming up but I've always wondered whether Curbishley made his own decision to step back out of front-line management or whether he has effectively been black-listed after suing West Ham. Worked wonders at Charlton who got relegated the season after he left and again the season after that, won 7 out of West Ham's last 9 games to keep them up on the last day (albeit with the help of Tevez) before getting them to 10th the next season and then he just disappeared. He's coaching at Fulham at the mo so it's hardly as if he has lost touch with modern football. Maybe he just prefers the relative peace and quiet of coaching?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: March 8, 2016, 01:03:31 am »
Well Ferguson had him as his assistant for a couple of years and I'd imagine he wouldn't have done so just out of kindness. Being a good coach doesn't make you a good manager. He's actually won a couple of things as well and hasn't been scared to go abroad to try his hand.

He's likely a very good coach but he hasn't been able to fully translate that into management. It happens to a lot of coaches.

Yeah I get all that, I really do. I just find it annoying when the media and fans bang on about his coaching abilities like they know it as 100% fact. In reality, they've never seen him coach and it's all just based on the reputation he has.

I like the term "he's likely a very good coach". Much more apt.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3791 on: March 8, 2016, 01:14:30 am »
Yeah I get all that, I really do. I just find it annoying when the media and fans bang on about his coaching abilities like they know it as 100% fact. In reality, they've never seen him coach and it's all just based on the reputation he has.

I like the term "he's likely a very good coach". Much more apt.

Maybe he's a charlatan and by virtue of his nationality he continually gets jobs. Who knows :D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3792 on: March 8, 2016, 01:30:41 am »
Why does everyone think that McClaren is a good coach?

To be fair, there is a world of difference between a good coach and a good manager. Some are both. Others aren't. Sammy Lee for instance is regarded as a very good coach, but did poorly in his foray into management at Bolton. McLaren seems to have done better in Holland where players perhaps have a greater tactical understanding. I think in McClaren's case, he seems to have performed better at clubs without a massive degree of player power (Twente, Boro). His lack of managerial authority was noticeable at Wolfsburg when Diego opted to take a penalty against Hannover 96, when he wasn't the club's designated penalty taker.McClaren was sacked the day after the match.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: March 8, 2016, 02:36:28 am »
McClaren sounds pathetic in interviews, it's a wonder any of the players respect him. As for a new managerial candidates, what about this Nigel pearson fella? he's not in a job currently, brought up Leicester from the championship and left a good squad to boot despite a tight budget. Could do a lot worse than him no?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3794 on: March 8, 2016, 04:10:58 am »
McClaren sounds pathetic in interviews, it's a wonder any of the players respect him. As for a new managerial candidates, what about this Nigel pearson fella? he's not in a job currently, brought up Leicester from the championship and left a good squad to boot despite a tight budget. Could do a lot worse than him no?

For the short term it may not be a bad option. If anyone's gonna drive a boot up the arse of the players who are just cruising by each week collecting their wages, it'd be him.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #3795 on: March 8, 2016, 06:10:25 am »
Mourinho could warm up for the United gig by doing an internship at nou castle til the end of the season?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3796 on: March 8, 2016, 06:50:14 am »
He's a broken man to be fair...

He should be sacked, it's crushed him, it's for his own sake.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: March 8, 2016, 07:59:37 am »

Either somebody doesn't want the new manager's first game to be against Leicester or Ashley is so tight fisted and short sighted he doesn't want to blow £5m in compensation for MacClaren only to still see Newcastle relegated under his replacement.

He may also (arrogantly and stupidly) feel he personally can manage without the new TV money - even though it's the club that actually needs it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: March 8, 2016, 08:05:17 am »
He's a broken man to be fair...

He should be sacked, it's crushed him, it's for his own sake.

Or he could recognise this and resign, but that would mean missing out on his payoff.

I've no sympathy at all for managers who continue to cling on way past the time it's clear they have nothing left to offer.  They're as mercenary as the footballers they coach.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3799 on: March 8, 2016, 09:38:58 am »
Or he could recognise this and resign, but that would mean missing out on his payoff.

I've no sympathy at all for managers who continue to cling on way past the time it's clear they have nothing left to offer.  They're as mercenary as the footballers they coach.

I can't say I have sympathy either, but it's understandable. Not many people would walk away from multi-millions for the sake of looking a little bit noble for a couple of hours. And managers face arbitrary sacking almost their entire working lives, whether they are doing well or not.

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to have done the numbers and decided that compensation plus the costs of a new manager and his demands for investment is actually more expensive than a trip to the Championship. It's clear he doesn't give a tinker's cuss for the Toon, and might have decided to let them decline for good.

Any new manager of calibre - or David Moyes - will be holding his feet to the fire in negotiations. He probably hates that and might refuse out of pique.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.