Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1936292 times)

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread
« Reply #3840 on: March 9, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »
I'd like to see Benitez at Newcastle.
I genuinely like their fans and the whole idea of them being another big player.
Also, I'd love to see him prove a lisd of fuckers wrong.
Newcastle need cups and days out, and Rafa is your man.
However....
I felt the same about Ged at Villa.

Rafa has that benevolent Uncle quality that makes me hope he succeeds and I'd like to see him do that at Newcastle

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3841 on: March 9, 2016, 10:20:50 pm »
Crazy decision if true, but best of luck to him if he does.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: March 9, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »
Good luck to Rafa and Newcastle. Fuck off Ashley c*nt though. Ideally they get relegated, Ashley c*nts off, Rafa brings them back to the Premiership under a new fan-owned club.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: March 9, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »
From Rory Smith in the times

There have been talks for a couple of days between Rafa and Newcastle, and a degree of progress. But nothing finalised.
I wish they would get on with it and put me out my misery.

I seen a photo earlier of MacClaren turning up at the Training Ground this morning with a big fat smile on his dopey looking face.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  I wasn't amused.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: March 9, 2016, 10:23:06 pm »
Bit risky taking over at this point of the season. If they go down then what does he do?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3845 on: March 9, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Ashley is a complete nightmare of a man, bewildering decision by Benitez if the rumours are true. Unless it's a 'ten game, keep 'em up, take the money and run' decision. In which case, I hope he misses out on the payout, I want to see Newcastle relegated, principally due to their owner.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3846 on: March 9, 2016, 10:25:13 pm »
Ashley is a complete nightmare of a man, bewildering decision by Benitez if the rumours are true. Unless it's a 'ten game, keep 'em up, take the money and run' decision. In which case, I hope he misses out on the payout, I want to see Newcastle relegated, principally due to their owner.
He seems to thrive when he loathes the board...

Maybe that's it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: March 9, 2016, 10:31:37 pm »
We went down a few years ago and Fat Mike never left then and I don't think he will this time.

He did say during his 1st, his one and only interview during the last day of the season in May that he will not sell up, at any price, until Newcastle United win something.

Then again, he does talk bullshit so who knows.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3848 on: March 9, 2016, 10:31:56 pm »
Newcastle should be running out the red carpet to be even getting a sniff of Rafa at the club.

It's a strange decision though we all said the same when he went to chelsea. He's just swapping a rich idiot owner for a skint idiot owner.

It's still a no lose situation for him. Gets to stay in the UK and be close to his family. Gets to manage at the top level again. If he keeps them up then he'll make some money and have a real chance at starting a long term project there. If not then walk away with a decent payout and stay in contention for any other prem job that might become available.

If it happens then the 23rd April just becomes very interesting

Nothing will will change at Newcastle because the money is just too good. The new tv deal well keep Ashley there no matter what
« Last Edit: March 9, 2016, 10:33:41 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #3849 on: March 9, 2016, 10:35:01 pm »

It's a strange decision though we all said the same when he went to chelsea. He's just swapping a rich idiot owner for a skint idiot owner.

Ashley is one of the wealthiest men in the UK, worth billions.

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: March 9, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »
Jammy?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3851 on: March 9, 2016, 10:36:38 pm »
Thats Laura. This is Mike.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: March 9, 2016, 10:41:55 pm »
Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren is to remain in charge after club talks. http://bbc.in/1YyDdbq

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #3853 on: March 9, 2016, 10:44:11 pm »
Win-win for Rafa isn't it? He wasn't going to be going anywhere until the summer. Here he gets some decent wedge for a couple of months work. If they stay up, he gets a whopping deal and they'll be so grateful they'll give him the keys to the kingdom and whatever else he wants, and he has a job near(er) his wife and kids, which is clearly important to him. If they go down, he walks away and everyone blames McLaren and there will still be job offers in the summer.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: March 9, 2016, 10:47:23 pm »
Largely off the back of zero-hour contracts. See today's Independent front page.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: March 9, 2016, 10:49:11 pm »
Win-win for Rafa isn't it? He wasn't going to be going anywhere until the summer. Here he gets some decent wedge for a couple of months work. If they stay up, he gets a whopping deal and they'll be so grateful they'll give him the keys to the kingdom and whatever else he wants, and he has a job near(er) his wife and kids, which is clearly important to him. If they go down, he walks away and everyone blames McLaren and there will still be job offers in the summer.
I think you miss the point of Benitez.
He's a wealthy man.
He may see potentially a great project here.
Also may feel he's got a point to prove in England??
Only issue is Ashley and why Rafa would want to work for him.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #3856 on: March 9, 2016, 10:52:19 pm »
I think you miss the point of Benitez.
He's a wealthy man.
He may see potentially a great project here.
Also may feel he's got a point to prove in England??
Only issue is Ashley and why Rafa would want to work for him.

No I get the point alright. I agree with that, hence the win/win bit. Ashley is appalling. But Rafa has experience of appalling. Why he'd want to experience it again is another matter though...
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: March 9, 2016, 11:53:21 pm »
I'll tell you what I reckon.

I reckon neither Rafa nor any other decent Manager wants the shitty job working for Fat Mike so Steve MacClaren will be staying, and of course the team will be going down.

If Sunderland beat Newcastle with this idiot still here, que The True Geordies biggest, and best rant yet    :D

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: March 10, 2016, 12:02:47 am »
Under normal circumstances it's a really good fit but under Ashley? I'm not sure that works long term. Wish him all the best if he takes the job I mean it's probably the biggest job he's able to get in this country at this time.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: March 10, 2016, 04:02:44 am »
If Sunderland beat Newcastle with this idiot still here, que The True Geordies biggest, and best rant yet    :D
I loves me a good rant. When do you play each other? ;)

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3860 on: March 10, 2016, 05:57:28 am »
Hope fro Newcastle's sake they get rid of McClaren. Either Benitez or BR could do a great job with them. With the size of the club, funds and fanbase they ought to be pushing for Europe, it's purely incompetence and mismanagement that's holding them back.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #3861 on: March 10, 2016, 06:08:38 am »
They're not in as bad a situation as Villa. If Rafa can get them playing up to their talent, I have no doubt they'll survive. Sure it's risky but I'd much rather see Rafa at Newcastle than at Chelsea.

By the way, what happened to the "Rafa watch" thread? Would have thought it would be blowing up with potential news like this.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: March 10, 2016, 07:33:46 am »
I loves me a good rant. When do you play each other? ;)
If foul and abusive language offends, if you are in a public place, in a Library, at work etc  DO NOT click the link, DO NOT watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFo30tgSsqw

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: March 10, 2016, 07:43:18 am »
If foul and abusive language offends, if you are in a public place, in a Library, at work etc  DO NOT click the link, DO NOT watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFo30tgSsqw
Oh my god the Adam Johnson line..  ;D . Fucking passion love it! Is that you Paul?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: March 10, 2016, 08:25:11 am »
Rafa either needs the money..or has terrible people around him when he is looking for advice.

Everyone knew how the Real Madrid situation was going to turn out...joining Inter after Mourinho burned them out and now Newcastle United? Damn, Rafa.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3865 on: March 10, 2016, 08:35:08 am »
Rafa either needs the money..or has terrible people around him when he is looking for advice.

Everyone knew how the Real Madrid situation was going to turn out...joining Inter after Mourinho burned them out and now Newcastle United? Damn, Rafa.

Wait, was he announced?
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3866 on: March 10, 2016, 08:41:17 am »
Rafa doesn't need the money.  And he doesn't need this poisoned chalice of a job.  As much as I admire and respect the Geordie fanbase for their passion, when things go wrong or it seems like things are taking too long, they're a rabid pack of wolves eager to tear a manager to pieces.  I am not sure they would give Rafa the time and patience he needs with such a project.

If Rafa wants a challenge he should go to Tranmere and work for nowt. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #3867 on: March 10, 2016, 08:52:34 am »
Yeah not sure on this - but wish him luck if he goes.
Ashley is a c*nt and Rafa should stay well clear but they have a few decent players and I think Rafa could keep them up.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #3868 on: March 10, 2016, 09:20:57 am »
I'll tell you what I reckon.

I reckon neither Rafa nor any other decent Manager wants the shitty job working for Fat Mike so Steve MacClaren will be staying, and of course the team will be going down.

Sadly, I think you might be right. I wonder if they have been getting a series of 'no thanks' responses from agents, because no sane manager will work for Ashley? He's had to stick with McLaren because they're struggling to find anyone else willing to do the job?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: March 10, 2016, 09:27:26 am »
I think it's their position more than Ashley. If United stay up I think a couple of the managers linked will be interested.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3870 on: March 10, 2016, 09:37:05 am »
I can see why he'd at least be interested in listening to what they have to say. The club, and it's fan base, aren't a million miles away from that of our own (not necessarily amount, but passion and the like, and probably closer than a lot of other English sides) and if they got behind him he'd get the sort of support he got from us - and I think he thrives on that.

Ashley is a wanker, but if Rafa had gone in last summer and got the sort of backing which was given, then I think they'd be sitting pretty right about now.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: March 10, 2016, 09:38:52 am »
They are going to get him it seems, great opportunity for Newcastle to get back into the big time. Give him what he needs and you will be successful.

Think people are obviously questioning why Rafa would take the job but it seems the most important aspects of his next job are to manage in England to be near his family and to manage a club with potential and Newcastle fit that criteria. Good luck to him if he does get the job, just hope we twat them when we play them!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: March 10, 2016, 09:41:00 am »
Be surprised if rafa goes there

Surely working under yet another owner that will bring a lot of trouble and headlines will put him off going there

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3873 on: March 10, 2016, 10:01:34 am »
We went down a few years ago and Fat Mike never left then and I don't think he will this time.

He did say during his 1st, his one and only interview during the last day of the season in May that he will not sell up, at any price, until Newcastle United win something.

Then again, he does talk bullshit so who knows.

Would the Championship count?

I'm not ripping the p!ss by the way, i'm a Rangers fan & the sooner the feckin parasite gets out of football the best for all clubs concerned.

As a side issue, there are rules in the Football League different from the Premiership with regards owners having dual interests within clubs in the UK, so will be interesting to see what happens with regards his stake in Rangers & his control of their retail arm.

Genuinely feel sorry for Newcastle fans, but Ashley will never listen until something more drastic is done, in terms of boycotts of games, merchandise etc. Starve him of what he loves best, money!   

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: March 10, 2016, 10:30:42 am »
Rafa to Newcastle heavily rumoured now. Clearly before there's any point talking about what he can do long term, they'll need to beat the drop this season, which is a big ask considering their position. Don't see him staying on in the championship.

If they stay up, then it's always been a club with great potential. Don't know how Ashley is like these days, but all he needs to have done is learned to 1) pick the right guy 2) let him make the decisions. Obviously you need to have good communication. It's a far more straightforward model if you cannot get the more complicated sporting director, scouting set-up independent from the coach to work.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3875 on: March 10, 2016, 10:43:05 am »
Don't do it Rafa
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: March 10, 2016, 10:46:07 am »
He'll easily have Newcastle punching above their weight. Happy for Rafa if it's what he wants.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: March 10, 2016, 10:55:01 am »
He'll easily have Newcastle punching above their weight. Happy for Rafa if it's what he wants.

I'm sure Newcastle fans would be happy just to punch at their weight for once! Apart from their season finishing 5th under the coat molester, it's been a decade since they've had a top half finish in the PL. For a club of Newcastle's size, I'd say they've been underachieving in the last several seasons.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #3878 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:40 am »
looks like its going to be Rafa.
good luck to him and the toon. would love it if he is finally the one to win them a cup.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3879 on: March 10, 2016, 11:53:59 am »
I am seeing lots of reports from different places claiming Rafa has agreed a 3 year contract as MANAGER, not Head Coach at NUFC.

Nothing official from the Club themselves as of yet though, so as the old saying goes, I will believe it when I see it.