Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 378074 times)

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5000 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:55 pm »
Everything is so expensive in this game and it takes forever to save up. Anyone know how much money you can make once you actually start manufacturing some weapons?

I THINK a full bar of stock is around $1m but not certain. I've got my staff set to unlocking the research items only at the minute so my stock bar is almost non existent, but is at $42k.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5001 on: June 19, 2017, 12:41:27 pm »
Everything is so expensive in this game and it takes forever to save up. Anyone know how much money you can make once you actually start manufacturing some weapons?
The max is 700k for Blaine County & $ 1,000,050 in the City and you'll have 3 vehicles to deliver. Tip... Buy a bunker nearest to City

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #5002 on: June 19, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »
If anyone fancies getting stuck into manufacturing and arms with me, and some import/export stuff + heists then give me a shout on Xbox One. Gamertag: Duggandog

Never really arsed about the money heists wise so always happy to give a decent chunk away.

Would be decent if we could get 4 of us off here, on xbox one just to tank the money with.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5003 on: June 19, 2017, 01:04:00 pm »
If anyone fancies getting stuck into manufacturing and arms with me, and some import/export stuff + heists then give me a shout on Xbox One. Gamertag: Duggandog

Never really arsed about the money heists wise so always happy to give a decent chunk away.

Would be decent if we could get 4 of us off here, on xbox one just to tank the money with.

Im on it a bit mate, Le Jake.

If you can help me shift my warehouse of cars too I'd be grateful!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5004 on: June 19, 2017, 01:41:14 pm »
Im on it a bit mate, Le Jake.

If you can help me shift my warehouse of cars too I'd be grateful!

No bother lad, i've got a fair few sitting there too. Could easily alternate between the two warehouses, decent wedge of money to be made in a short space of time.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5005 on: June 19, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »
I havent played this since just before christmas think the last update i played was the one after the boats.

Have i missed anything good or just the same old?

Yea there been a couple of updates. Plenty of new cars etc. Also now you get to buy a bunker and do gun running. Pretty good but you need a stack of money.
Yeah I had an hour of steal car, deliver car, steal crates, steal car, deliver car, steal crates yesterday and made a few hundred k. If I get an evening to grind then I should be able to get a bunker.

Thinking of selling my high rise flat too.

Thats it, and if you can get a couple of you you can have a bit of cover. Plus theres Headhunter which is 20k for 6 or so mins work.

We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5006 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:04 am »
No bother lad, i've got a fair few sitting there too. Could easily alternate between the two warehouses, decent wedge of money to be made in a short space of time.

Sounds like a plan

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5007 on: June 20, 2017, 11:18:05 am »
Does anybody know if a GTA IV remaster is on the horizon?

I totally missed the last generation of consoles and would like to play it at some point.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5008 on: June 20, 2017, 11:29:49 am »
Does anybody know if a GTA IV remaster is on the horizon?

I totally missed the last generation of consoles and would like to play it at some point.

Can't see them doing one when they're making shitloads of money with GTA V and when GTA IV was probably the worst game of the series.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5009 on: June 20, 2017, 11:33:26 am »
Can't see them doing one when they're making shitloads of money with GTA V and when GTA IV was probably the worst game of the series.

Worse than going to the gym in San Andreas? ..... shit, sounds like one to avoid then  :D

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5010 on: June 20, 2017, 12:19:23 pm »
Definitely worse than that in my view. That said, IV is not a bad game, but it didn't really feel like a "real" GTA game. They were always over the top and more on the funny/bizarre side. GTA IV just felt like a grim Eastern European version of it...

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #5011 on: June 20, 2017, 07:39:56 pm »
Definitely worse than that in my view. That said, IV is not a bad game, but it didn't really feel like a "real" GTA game. They were always over the top and more on the funny/bizarre side. GTA IV just felt like a grim Eastern European version of it...

I thought it was good. Not a patch on 3, vice city or 5 but San Andreas is the one I never gave too much time to

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #5012 on: June 20, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »
In many ways IV was an incredible game, just not a very good GTA. It lacked the ridiculousness of the other entries. At the same time that's probably it's strongest point, it had an incredibly realistic and gritty atmosphere. Really nice "weighty" physics too.

I'm worried about how successful GTA V Online has been. They could release the next one with no single player at all and people would still chuck money at them. I love the online mode, but the complete neglect of single player is a real shame.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5013 on: June 20, 2017, 09:23:19 pm »
In many ways IV was an incredible game, just not a very good GTA. It lacked the ridiculousness of the other entries. At the same time that's probably it's strongest point, it had an incredibly realistic and gritty atmosphere. Really nice "weighty" physics too.

I'm worried about how successful GTA V Online has been. They could release the next one with no single player at all and people would still chuck money at them. I love the online mode, but the complete neglect of single player is a real shame.

I don't remember GTA III as being jokey. Granted it's nearly 20 years ago when I played it but thought the over the top stuff was was introduced in Vice City.

I like a game with a gritty atmosphere. GTA V was too silly too often for me, particularly Michaels family problems.

That's why I felt Mafia III was such a let down. The atmosphere I wanted but terribly executed. I hope the next GTA can strike a balance.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5014 on: June 21, 2017, 10:16:04 am »
Latest update is a total rip off IMO. The research takes fucking ages and is clearly geared for you to just spend your money fast tracking it. Read online that to research all the upgrades would take about 7 1/2 days worth of game time. Fucking joke.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5015 on: June 21, 2017, 12:41:10 pm »

You added me? I'll be on a bit the next two nights.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5016 on: June 21, 2017, 12:50:50 pm »
You added me? I'll be on a bit the next two nights.

Will do tonight fella, i'll be on tonight for a fair bit. Shift some cars? Do some gunrunning? Heists?

Anyone else want in?

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5017 on: June 21, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »
Will do tonight fella, i'll be on tonight for a fair bit. Shift some cars? Do some gunrunning? Heists?

Anyone else want in?

Can shift cars yeah, and I'm good at the Pac Standard heist on hard (got a great police-free route for the bikes at the end)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5018 on: June 21, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »
Can shift cars yeah, and I'm good at the Pac Standard heist on hard (got a great police-free route for the bikes at the end)

I haven't unlocked that yet, lost me character like but happy to do that on repeat on yours.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5019 on: June 21, 2017, 09:09:05 pm »
Got my Stock bar at about $400k now, filled up my import/export vehicle garage earlier so they're ready to go, and will start work on filling up my 2 crate warehouses next time I get on. Then once the stock bar at the bunker is full I guess I'll dedicate a few hours to shipping all of that, and then hopefully I'll be set to afford all the research unlocks I want.

Deathmatches are still the best thing about the game though.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5020 on: June 23, 2017, 07:05:52 pm »

So after about 4 days I build up $400k so decide to sell. 10 items in 15 minutes?  :lmao

Managed to do 4. Needless to say I wont be wasting my time on that shit again.

Impossible on single player.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5021 on: June 23, 2017, 07:21:16 pm »
I'm literally about to buy a bunker, not any good?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5022 on: June 24, 2017, 12:01:06 am »
So after about 4 days I build up $400k so decide to sell. 10 items in 15 minutes?  :lmao

Managed to do 4. Needless to say I wont be wasting my time on that shit again.

Impossible on single player.

Deffo need 4 people. There was three of us that only managed to deliver 11 out of 20. That was a full bunkers worth just over a mil. Think the owner only got 400 odd k in the end.
I'm literally about to buy a bunker, not any good?

Im still early days with it mate. Its swings and roundabouts. If you have over 5 mil then yes, as you need to immediately buy the MOC. If you only have a couple of mil then Id save a bit more 1st as your forever restocking the bunker.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5023 on: June 25, 2017, 10:04:34 am »

As I normally do these things alone I found a routine that works. I only make 25 units so it's a 1 vehicle drop. Find a session with no other users and sell in Los Santos. Get about $200k or a bit more. Done that 4-5 times the past couple days and never had a problem.

There's a few tricks on not been kicked for been idle too, That way you can leave it manufacturing and you don't have to be playing the game.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5024 on: June 25, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »
As I normally do these things alone I found a routine that works. I only make 25 units so it's a 1 vehicle drop. Find a session with no other users and sell in Los Santos. Get about $200k or a bit more. Done that 4-5 times the past couple days and never had a problem.

There's a few tricks on not been kicked for been idle too, That way you can leave it manufacturing and you don't have to be playing the game.

Yea Im selling in LS too when I get a quarter full in my own lobby. Saves on a lot of hassle.

I did use the elastic band trick myself :D Only thing is it was costing me a fair few quid in daily charges so stopped doing that.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5025 on: July 3, 2017, 08:57:20 pm »
Is it just me or is the netcode for this still fucking shite? Haven't played for a year or even more and started a new character on Xbone. Did one race so far and hav lost the connection about five times. What a load of shite...

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5026 on: July 5, 2017, 06:39:28 pm »
Is it just me or is the netcode for this still fucking shite? Haven't played for a year or even more and started a new character on Xbone. Did one race so far and hav lost the connection about five times. What a load of shite...
I think your getting XBoned
I've been jumping into nearly empty lobbies ( to grind the gunrunning ) and one of them was 27 hrs old when I entered it. I stayed in for another 5 or 6 hrs after that.
If you watch TV or security cameras it doesnt kick you for idling... So you can get on with your real life while your bunker fills up  ;)

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5027 on: July 6, 2017, 06:49:12 pm »

I've been stealing the high end cars to make a bit of money. Now it's easy enough except the missions where the car I have to steal is actually moving, Any tips on how to get the vehicle without ramming it of the road and causing it damage?

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5028 on: July 6, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »
Gotta pull in front and line up a headshot with a gun, usually takes 2 or 3 slots but only causes about 1k damage-ish.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5029 on: July 9, 2017, 02:01:01 pm »
Gotta pull in front and line up a headshot with a gun, usually takes 2 or 3 slots but only causes about 1k damage-ish.

Cheers pal I'll try it next time that mission pops up.

I've stolen 10 vehicles so far but only 2 high end. Is that normal? The lower range vehicles hardly seem wort it once I've paid for repairs.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5030 on: September 7, 2017, 10:39:22 am »
Anyone played the new update? Just seems like another way of getting people to pay silly amounts for shark cards.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5031 on: September 8, 2017, 05:42:40 pm »
Anyone played the new update? Just seems like another way of getting people to pay silly amounts for shark cards.

Yeah. I just see it as a few more missions to do. The missions pay bugger all like, or the cargo dropping/selling. I woudnt be buying any shark cards myself.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5032 on: September 8, 2017, 08:01:59 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5033 on: October 18, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »
Anyone getting problems on the PS4 when trying to start the Monkey Business mission on main story mode, as i keep getting "mission disrupted return later" when approaching the start of the mission at Cape Catfish, one trick is to take a cab instead which starts the mission.
#Sausages

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #5034 on: January 2, 2019, 08:42:48 pm »
Anyone played it yet then? Let's have some feedback on gameplay and graphics

Ridiculously, I only took the cellophane off my (PS4) copy of this when I got in after the match on Saturday ;D  Over five years late to the party ::)

I've played up to the first heist so far (and subsequently re-acquianted with Trevor).  Really enjoying it, though the scope of it has me wondering if I'll ever really feel at home in this version of Los Santos  :o

Amused that this thread was around 75 pages long at the time of release!

Red Dead will blow my mind in a few months' time ;D
« Last Edit: January 2, 2019, 08:44:32 pm by jackh »

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5035 on: May 15, 2020, 01:27:57 pm »
This game is free on epic store on PC till 21st may.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5036 on: May 15, 2020, 09:15:13 pm »
Ridiculously, I only took the cellophane off my (PS4) copy of this when I got in after the match on Saturday ;D  Over five years late to the party ::)

I've played up to the first heist so far (and subsequently re-acquianted with Trevor).  Really enjoying it, though the scope of it has me wondering if I'll ever really feel at home in this version of Los Santos  :o

Amused that this thread was around 75 pages long at the time of release!

Red Dead will blow my mind in a few months' time ;D

If you think GTA is massive, Red Dead feels next level.

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #5037 on: May 16, 2020, 11:57:08 pm »
Yeah, it's free on the Epic store but not going to lie I found the story mode pretty dull and have no intention in replaying the campaign. Vice City and San Andreas had a much better story and characters for me.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5038 on: May 25, 2020, 10:17:13 pm »
Anyone had a problem on PC where the camera keeps panning up, towards the sky? Just started playing recently, using an Xbox controller plugged into desktop via USB. Checked online but only suggestion seems to be faulty controller. I remember having a similar problem with Witcher but there was a fix for it. Wondering if anyone's had the same problem and fixed it before I go and buy another controller.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5039 on: May 25, 2020, 10:27:33 pm »
nope. that's not something I ever experienced playing it.