Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 64126 times)

Offline Doogie

• Anny Roader
Re: 9/11
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2011, 09:06:57 pm »
Thanks for letting me know about this documentary Paul. I'll be watching it at 9 as I already missed 20 minutes and want to see it all.

Watching it now. Thanks Paul

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2011, 09:21:52 pm »
I've recently read a lot about the so called 'jumpers' who chose to die on their own terms rather than get engulfed in flames and smoke. You cannot really comprehend what a choice that is. I saw one film of somebody actually trying to climb down the outside before losing their grip.
Heartbreaking it really is.
Also I read a fireman lost his life when somebody who jumped landed on him. 

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »
Yeah. They basically went with the fire crews and filmed them in the lobby. One of the brothers went with them, the other stayed at the firehouse then went along the streets filming people watching it all going on. The film then interviews the firefighters 10 years later, it's a very good 2 hours. Captures the emotions and everything else of the day very well.

It's either called 10 Years Later or Ten Years On. I'll have a look. It was on this week on one of those channels, 2 hours and with no ad breaks.

EDIT: I think it's on right now on National Geographic channel.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/911-ten-years-later/videos/world-trade-center

Sorry, didn't see this. Yep, that's the one.

Watching this now. Hearing the jumpers is making me physically shake.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2011, 10:03:59 pm »
If anyone finds a link about that Nat Geo doc later on,please post it here too.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »
heartbraking stuff, this on the history channel.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »
Thanks for letting me know about this documentary Paul. I'll be watching it at 9 as I already missed 20 minutes and want to see it all.

No problem. It's well worth watching.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
Also I read a fireman lost his life when somebody who jumped landed on him. 

The first fireman killed that day was killed by a falling man. Apparently he was glanced on the head as he fell, and it killed him.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »
The first fireman killed that day was killed by a falling man. Apparently he was glanced on the head as he fell, and it killed him.

unreal, absolutely shocking.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2011, 11:25:55 pm »
R.I.P YNWA

I was in year 6 at primary school, went to my grandmas like every Tuesday after school and went to watch Arthur and the news was on. At the time wasn't sure what was happening and to be fair I didn't appreciate what had happened until a few months later.

Also does anybody know the name of a documentary the BBC showed approximately a couple of months after the events which showed inside the tower. I cannot remember the name, I just remember watching it in my bedroom around Bonfire Night 2001.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2011, 11:41:11 pm »
The film World Trade Center is starting now on Channel 4 + 1 if anyone wants to watch it. It's about two police officers who get stuck under the rubble after the towers collapse. It is a true story. Nothing like the documentary that was on earlier but I think it is a pretty good film.
Justice for the 97

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2011, 11:46:03 pm »
Had a few tears last night watching a documentey ,listening to the phone operators of the fire department  trying to compfort the people trapped at the toP of one of the buildings.

Also fucking heart breaking watching the firefights walking to their death, they are the definition of hero.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:53 am »
I visited the WTC many times when I traveled to NY for business.  I went on the roof of the South Tower (the 1st one that fell) at night about 6 months before 9/11.  I remember it being so quiet - not many people up there with me that night - and being amazed at how 'low' the planes seemed as they flew in and out of the nearby airports. I had an appointment a few blocks away on Thursday 9/13 (canceled because of the tragedy) and as on previous trips I probably would have stopped in the WTC to have a sandwich at 6pm or so that day. Can't help but think how some others made a fateful decision on 9/11 to do something that morning (get breakfast? sleep late? go to work early?) that caused them to either be part of, or thankfully miss, the tragedy.

RIP.   :'(  And may this world find a way to be more peaceful in the years ahead.

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2011, 02:35:53 am »
Fucking hell, that "10 Years Later" documentary is rough. I cried.
Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2011, 02:41:06 am »
Words fail.

RIP
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:01 am »
The film World Trade Center is starting now on Channel 4 + 1 if anyone wants to watch it. It's about two police officers who get stuck under the rubble after the towers collapse. It is a true story. Nothing like the documentary that was on earlier but I think it is a pretty good film.

Watched that last night. Powerful stuff, don't mind admitting i had a bit of a lump in the throat once or twice.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
Yeah. They basically went with the fire crews and filmed them in the lobby. One of the brothers went with them, the other stayed at the firehouse then went along the streets filming people watching it all going on. The film then interviews the firefighters 10 years later, it's a very good 2 hours. Captures the emotions and everything else of the day very well.

It's either called 10 Years Later or Ten Years On. I'll have a look. It was on this week on one of those channels, 2 hours and with no ad breaks.

EDIT: I think it's on right now on National Geographic channel.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/911-ten-years-later/videos/world-trade-center

Sorry, didn't see this. Yep, that's the one.

Any links to this its only a trailer on the website.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2011, 03:15:48 pm »
Some pretty harrowing stuff in the last few days.

Nothing I've seen is worse than Kevin Cosgroves 9-1-1 call from the tower though. Not arsed, stick in your head for days. It's on YouTube for anyone interested/ disturbed/ mental.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:26 pm »

Nothing I've seen is worse than Kevin Cosgroves 9-1-1 call from the tower though. Not arsed, stick in your head for days. It's on YouTube for anyone interested/ disturbed/ mental.

I've heard that phone call too. It is so sad. But the bit that gets to me is at the end when the tower collapses and you hear him scream and it cuts off. And you know that his life has just ended there. Think that is going to stay in my head forever.

And that documentary 10 Years Later, I recorded the last bit last night and just finished watching it today. Had a lump in my throat. Heartbreaking  :(
Justice for the 97

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »
It's been 10 years but still very hard to get over the tragedy. Still remember those 6 frantic hours when we couldn't get through to our relatives who lived and worked in NYC, close to the WTC, since the phone lines were down. And just hoping nothing else would happen.

Went to a commemoration ceremony at my college yesterday, since the family of four alumni who were on the second plane were speaking. Heart-breaking, listening to those stories, knowing it could well have been us. Staggering stuff.

I go to NYC every year and always make it a point to see Ground Zero. The sky seems empty, despite the Freedom Tower coming up. And the eeriness surrounding the place still hasn't gone. You just remember what happened, and you realise you're standing on the exact street where thousands lost family, friends - loved ones.

And then the policemen and firefighters. Don't have words to express gratitude. The sheer bravery they showed is indescribable.

Saw this during NFL last night. All-State commercial, which for some reason, moved me to tears:

http://youtu.be/oJzUxVKLgMk

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2011, 07:12:30 pm »
warning, massive image alert. My father's company works at the site, so they snapped this pic a few days ago. I have another poster from February 2003 from the same exact location, I will try to take a picture of that and put it online for comparison.

Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »
It's been 10 years but still very hard to get over the tragedy. Still remember those 6 frantic hours when we couldn't get through to our relatives who lived and worked in NYC, close to the WTC, since the phone lines were down. And just hoping nothing else would happen.

Went to a commemoration ceremony at my college yesterday, since the family of four alumni who were on the second plane were speaking. Heart-breaking, listening to those stories, knowing it could well have been us. Staggering stuff.

I go to NYC every year and always make it a point to see Ground Zero. The sky seems empty, despite the Freedom Tower coming up. And the eeriness surrounding the place still hasn't gone. You just remember what happened, and you realise you're standing on the exact street where thousands lost family, friends - loved ones.

And then the policemen and firefighters. Don't have words to express gratitude. The sheer bravery they showed is indescribable.

Saw this during NFL last night. All-State commercial, which for some reason, moved me to tears:

http://youtu.be/oJzUxVKLgMk

Yep that commercial moved many; even more so after my wife visited the American Airlines Memorial Service.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Doogie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2011, 08:24:50 pm »

I agree, of all the things I watched/listened to this weekend, that was by far the most harrowing, knowing you're hearing him die...2nd to that is that really blurry picture of the base of one of the towers, you can just make out bodies from jumpers...

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:07 pm »
Listening to one the pilots struggle in the cockpit on one of the hijacked planes is definitely one of the creepiest things I've heard in awhile. You can hear the desperation in his voice  :-\
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »
The fireman of 9/11 was a good documentary to watch too
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »
Listening to one the pilots struggle in the cockpit on one of the hijacked planes is definitely one of the creepiest things I've heard in awhile. You can hear the desperation in his voice  :-\
Where can I find that recording?

Heard the ones released the other day in which you could hear Mohammed Atta and Ziad Jarrah talking to the passengers of Flight 11 and United 93 respectively. Haven't heard anything from the pilots though.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »
Apparently one guy saw the second plane coming towards his office and hid under his desk and survived? Anyone else here of this, also apparently some bosses in the second tower made everyone work and wouldn't let them evacuate the building, that's just ridiculous!

No one deserved it. Should never have happened but it couldn't have been stopped unfortunately.

RIP
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2011, 12:17:43 am »
Apparently one guy saw the second plane coming towards his office and hid under his desk and survived? Anyone else here of this, also apparently some bosses in the second tower made everyone work and wouldn't let them evacuate the building, that's just ridiculous!

No one deserved it. Should never have happened but it couldn't have been stopped unfortunately.

RIP
My mate Dave told me that there were no terrorists at all and the planes were remotelly controlledly flown into the buildings by SPECTRE!...Yes, Phil fuckin SPECTRE. Worra c*nt eh.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2011, 08:14:36 am »
I remember working in Birmingham on this day. Was installing a central heating system for a piss head on a grant. This fucker snored all day on the couch while we worked around him, drilling, pulling floor boards up etc. We even had to pick the couch up at one point and move it with the piss head on it. All this was happening whith the TV on showing live images of what was going on in NY.

Absolutely surreal day

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06:55 pm »
I remember working in Birmingham on this day. Was installing a central heating system for a piss head on a grant. This fucker snored all day on the couch while we worked around him, drilling, pulling floor boards up etc. We even had to pick the couch up at one point and move it with the piss head on it. All this was happening whith the TV on showing live images of what was going on in NY.

Absolutely surreal day

Know what you mean mate, it's not every day you get to carry a sleeping pisshead around while watching his telly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:44 pm »
Apparently one guy saw the second plane coming towards his office and hid under his desk and survived?

I'm sure I've heard about this, or even seen/read an interview with him.

Just imagine what that must've been like, seeing the plane coming towards you. Talk about terrifying. :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:19 pm »
Watched 102 Minutes That Changed America and there's one shot in particular of a 'jumper' that made me gasp. I'd not seen it before, in fact never really seen any footage of the 'jumpers', more just still images such as 'The Falling Man'. 

After all these years and all of the footage I've seen, it still had the power to shock me to my core.

Heartbreaking.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:10 pm »

Just imagine what that must've been like, seeing the plane coming towards you. Talk about terrifying. :o

Surely impossible?
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Shooter

• Anny Roader
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2011, 03:44:47 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Praimnath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMelmLspMP0

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »
Where can I find that recording?

Heard the ones released the other day in which you could hear Mohammed Atta and Ziad Jarrah talking to the passengers of Flight 11 and United 93 respectively. Haven't heard anything from the pilots though.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09/08/nyregion/911-tapes.html

Look for:    UA93 Hey! [Hijack begins, screaming]
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2011, 05:33:52 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Praimnath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMelmLspMP0

Wow, thanks for that, didnt know if it was true or not. Still doesn't seem real but there's the evidence. Wow! Lucky guy.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Just heard that, as well as one from Melissa Doi. Scared the life out of me, being able to hear the fear in their voices. Really can't put it into words.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »
Following the links from that page I found this page on the New York Times website:

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20020526_WTC/index.html

Incredible stuff.

The Carr Futures story is horrific.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »
I'd just got in from Primary school, I remember my mum telling me a building had fallen down in America. Being 9 I had no idea what the World Trade Center was but the sight of the second tower falling on TV was a bone chilling moment I'll never forget.
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.