Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 64308 times)

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
Re: 9/11
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »
13 years ago.. wow.

RIP

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2014, 02:53:00 pm »
Those images of people jumping from the building are just horrible to watch. Never fail to shock me whenever I see them.
I knew some people who worked in a big advertising agency a few blocks away. They watched the whole thing out their windows. Told me they watched people jumping. Can you imagine remembering that for the rest of your life? Horrible.

Knew another person who lived on Lexington. Right next to his apartment was a church which had become a gathering spot for victims' families. Every day for about a month he would have to walk through the group of people who were always there, past all the signs and photos of missing people, and someone would always stop him, show him a photo and sadly ask him "Have you seen my husband (or wife, etc)?". He couldn't escape it. Really messed him up for a while.

Like others, I was up on the roof of the Tower that summer. It was just before closing on a quiet peaceful night, and I can still picture jets coming in to land at JFK airport and thinking how I seemed higher than they were as they flew past. Little did I know...  :(   Was also scheduled to be in the area for work two days after the tragedy. Would have stopped into the aforementioned ad agency and probably grabbed a quick snack in the Towers before driving home to Massachusetts. Did that several times before. Lots of people like me did such random things on 9/11 and it cost them their lives. Rather humbling, and makes me thankful for how lucky most of us are in our lives. We don't live in war zones, or are faced with other horrors. We're blessed and take it for granted too often. 

RIP. Never forget.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:58:31 pm by soxfan »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »
Like others, I was up on the roof of the Tower that summer. It was just before closing on a quiet peaceful night, and I can still picture jets coming in to land at JFK airport and thinking how I seemed higher than they were as they flew past. Little did I know...  :(   

You've just reminded me I was up there in July 2001, I've probably posted that in here in previous years.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2014, 02:59:45 pm »
You've just reminded me I was up there in July 2001, I've probably posted that in here in previous years.
You reminded me! Your post from the previous page, from last year.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2014, 04:38:16 pm »
How time flies and it seems like the aftermath of  one day will be with us for a lot lot longer. I am sure anyone that travelled to NY before 9/11 went to the Trade Centre for sightseeing as loved just sitting in the square looking up at the blue sky btw both buildings. Considering the tallest building in Ireland is about 1/5 the height it was a spellbinding sight for a lad from the wild west of Ireland. Spent 2 years in NY and every now & then use to walk from Central Park all the way down to Staten Ferry on my day off. Even went shopping in that Century 21 just across the street and of course that was all destroyed on the day. Still remember visiting a month later after 9/11 and seeing the skeleton of the Centre left standing. People were still just coming there every day in tears and after a few minutes I had to leave as it was a sad place to be.

RIP and god knows we need some closure to this all soon.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2014, 06:44:49 pm »
Found an old receipt from when I was there in '97.
Will never forget that day back in '01. It's one of those days you remember. One of my colleagues surfed on the web and asked if it could be real. We checked every newspaper site we knew about, then me and a friend quit work and went home to watch CNN. Terrible stuff. Also recall we had a CL game that evening.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »
There are people in high school now who weren't even born on 9/11. That is a bit insane
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »
Crazy how time flies

RIP

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2014, 08:58:02 pm »
Sometimes on clear days when there's not a cloud in the sky this is the first thing I think of. Not every time but often enough. It was such a horrific but clear day.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »
Doesn't feel so long ago, yet in the same breath it's almost a lifetime too.

I went on my break this morning and noticed the time was 9:11am.  Just gave me pause for thought half-way up the stairs.

The power of words twisted to suit an ideology.  So many lives and families broken that day...

RIP.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:14 am »
Well done. Cantor Fitzgerald and BCG Partners ( lost almost 700 people on 9/11) today raised over $14M for charity in one day.  That makes over $120M dollars that a small investment bank that was decimated on 9/11 has raised for others. 

Also I highly recommend the documentary "9/11"  by the Naudet brothers.  They were doing a documentary on a newbie fireman that happened to to be stationed in the closest firehouse to WTC. 

They didn't set out to make a 9/11 documentary
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:46:59 am by nyctex »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #451 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:53 am »

Friends of mine were on honeymoon in the states in September 2001. They were flying back from New York on September 11 and have photos of themselves on the roof of the WTC the day before.

They have two kids now. It must be a strange memory to carry with them even if they were some of the lucky ones in a sense.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: September 12, 2014, 09:32:27 am »

Also I highly recommend the documentary "9/11"  by the Naudet brothers.  They were doing a documentary on a newbie fireman that happened to to be stationed in the closest firehouse to WTC. 

Yeah, I have that and have watched it several times.  Not recently though.  Well worth a look.

I must admit, I do still watch clips of the live "as it happened" broadcasts on youtube.  I think it's to remind myself of the fragility of life, and to pray for the world.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #453 on: September 13, 2014, 08:09:04 am »
RIP

Some of the images from that day will stick in my memory forever. Just horrible, and horrible to see how much the world has changed since then.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #454 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32:13 am »
Very, very sad. Im not American but I every time I see/think about that awful tragedy I seem to well up. Horrific event that changed the lives of millions.

I visited ground zero a couple of years ago for the first time and there is still a huge sense of loss in the area. I can only begin to imagine the horrors that people went through on that day, what the families and friends of those involved have gone through and also the affect it has had on the lives of the ones that were lucky o be in a different place on that day. The guilty survivors.

So so sad. RIP all of you brave people. To the fire fighters that risked their lives for all those people, you are heros and will never be forgotten.  :'(

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #455 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:28 am »
RIP

Seared on everyones memory. One of the most graphic illustrations in history of the evil humans are capable of  and at the same time followed so many graphic images of the kindness humans are capable of.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Noir

• Kemlynite
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2014, 06:33:43 pm »

Probably the best doc Ive seen about it. Good suggestion

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2014, 09:00:56 pm »
Probably the best doc Ive seen about it. Good suggestion

That was a jaw dropping documentary ......

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #458 on: September 14, 2014, 10:57:57 pm »
On the school bus home, Chris Moyles was talking about it on the radio. Walked into my house and mum was glued to the tv screen in shock. My jaw dropped when I saw the footage.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »
I was in New York last week and visited ground zero. There was a youngish couple (mid twenties early thirties maybe) who were taking selfies with bloody huge grins on there faces in front of the fountains... Fucking unbelievable, they asked an old lady to take another one for them and they even had American accents, I honestly could not believe people would act that way in that environment

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-extraordinary-story-of-the-911-photograph-and-the-man-looking-at-camera--lJCJ8RZoEe

just read. makes me feel that life is so fragile

its nice that that little slice of events of that day had a somewhat happy ending

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:16 pm »
An article on this iconic picture taken in brooklyn on 9/11 that morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/sep/02/911-photo-thomas-hoepker-meaning

Ten years on, this is becoming one of the iconic photographs of 9/11, yet its history is strange and tortuous. Hoepker, a senior figure in the renowned Magnum photographers' co-operative, chose not to publish it in 2001 and to exclude it from a book of Magnum pictures of that horribly unequalled day. Only in 2006, on the fifth anniversary of the attacks, did it appear in a book, and then it caused instant controversy. The critic and columnist Frank Rich wrote about it in the New York Times. He saw in this undeniably troubling picture an allegory of America's failure to learn any deep lessons from that tragic day, to change or reform as a nation: "The young people in Mr Hoepker's photo aren't necessarily callous. They're just American."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:45:28 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #463 on: September 22, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »
Just an awful day, remember watching it on telly and felling really uncomfortable, suddenly my nose starts bleeding...I was a quite young boy and it was pretty scary, I remember thinking "what the fuck is going in" with the towers falling and my nose bleeding for no reason.

This event changed the world enormously and I have done a lot of studying of 9/11, the War on Terror, Iraq etc during the last 5 years and I´m really concerned and depressed about it all. Having read many of the books, documentaries available I´m sadly convinced that there is more about it then just 19 Islamic terrorists beating the whole US defense system while conspiring with Bin Laden in a cave in Afghanistan. When you consider the way the US "goverment" lied about Vietnam, JFK, Iraq, Irancontra, NSA etc etc I find it hard how people not can question the official conclusion about 9/11, not even the members of the 9/11 commission were convinced about it.

The most sad part about that day was all those innocent who died that morning and the millions who died in the wars after, hopefully the only good thing about it is that we can learn from it and not making so rush judgments and being fooled into going to unnecessary wars, Mr Blair...
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #464 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:17 pm »
That was a jaw dropping documentary ......

I'm not ashamed to admit that it pulled on my heartstrings. I shed a few tears.

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: September 23, 2014, 01:11:45 am »
Just an awful day, remember watching it on telly and felling really uncomfortable, suddenly my nose starts bleeding...I was a quite young boy and it was pretty scary, I remember thinking "what the fuck is going in" with the towers falling and my nose bleeding for no reason.

This event changed the world enormously and I have done a lot of studying of 9/11, the War on Terror, Iraq etc during the last 5 years and I´m really concerned and depressed about it all. Having read many of the books, documentaries available I´m sadly convinced that there is more about it then just 19 Islamic terrorists beating the whole US defense system while conspiring with Bin Laden in a cave in Afghanistan. When you consider the way the US "goverment" lied about Vietnam, JFK, Iraq, Irancontra, NSA etc etc I find it hard how people not can question the official conclusion about 9/11, not even the members of the 9/11 commission were convinced about it.

The most sad part about that day was all those innocent who died that morning and the millions who died in the wars after, hopefully the only good thing about it is that we can learn from it and not making so rush judgments and being fooled into going to unnecessary wars, Mr Blair...

Let me guess....you watched the video by the college kid with the spooky hip hop instrumentals...
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #466 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:00 am »

Go on - say it. You know you really want to.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #467 on: September 23, 2014, 05:24:18 am »

Sadly it seems you haven't learned anything. The books and 'documentaries' you've watched are, to use a technical term, utter bollocks. From 'Loose Change' and 'In Plane Sight' through to the stupidity of Richard Gage and his Architects for truth... the missile pods, thermite (thermate), planes flying to secret airfields, WTC 7 and the rest... there is not a single shred of evidence or a coherent narrative for anything other than what actually happened. 19 terrorists backed by a sophisticated terrorist organisation (the 'caves in Afghanistan' line is a nasty bit of racism implying Arabs are too thick and it therefore must have been Americans), flew two planes into the WTC, one into the Pentagon and one was brought down in Pennsylvania.

You may find it hard to believe but that's down to you and whatever you want to believe about the world. The way the events were used subsequently has no bearing on the acts themselves. In fact if you take a step back then the conspiracy simply falls apart at every level. If the purpose of 9/11 was to justify the invasion of Iraq... Why the fuck would they say it was 19 Saudi nationals?

I won't go into detail because it's been done to death on here, but I'd just say that if you have spent a lot of time looking into 9/11 and still believe in the conspiracies then you are in no position to be telling people what they can learn from it.

Governments lie, of course they do. Bit you need to learn to separate fact from fantasy. You also need to think about how disrespectful and callous it is to use a tragedy like 9/11 to push a political agenda. This thread is about the deaths of almost 4,000 people in a terrorist attack, and you choose to use it to have a dig at Tony Blair?

Shocking.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:27:04 am by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2014, 10:33:53 pm »

In fact if you take a step back then the conspiracy simply falls apart at every level. If the purpose of 9/11 was to justify the invasion of Iraq... Why the fuck would they say it was 19 Saudi nationals?

That is the single best line I've ever heard with regard to debunking fans of the 9/11 conspiracy, cheers Alan.

People believe in these conspiracies because it's in a weird way reassuring. They don't want to believe "19 ragheads in a cave" could breach the US security system so spectacularly, it makes them feel unsafe, so they cook up some theory that the US themselves did it. Same with JFK, they don't want to believe this symbol the 60's and this new American youth could be taken out by some nut on the 6th floor of a nearby building. Same with Princess Di and so on and so on. It's easier for them to beieve these elaborate theories because their mind is more at ease that way. 

My favourite one is "BUT NO BUILDING HAS EVER COLLAPSED FROM FIRE IN HISTORY" .....Well that may be, but no building had ever been hit by a 747 at 500mph with a full tank of jet fuel either. I'm pretty sure they don't regularly conduct experiments with skyscrapers and planes and shit flying around!
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: September 24, 2014, 08:25:21 am »
My favourite one is "BUT NO BUILDING HAS EVER COLLAPSED FROM FIRE IN HISTORY" .....Well that may be, but no building had ever been hit by a 747 at 500mph with a full tank of jet fuel either. I'm pretty sure they don't regularly conduct experiments with skyscrapers and planes and shit flying around!

neither had the WTC

:)
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2014, 09:20:44 am »
That is the single best line I've ever heard with regard to debunking fans of the 9/11 conspiracy, cheers Alan.

People believe in these conspiracies because it's in a weird way reassuring. They don't want to believe "19 ragheads in a cave" could breach the US security system so spectacularly, it makes them feel unsafe, so they cook up some theory that the US themselves did it. Same with JFK, they don't want to believe this symbol the 60's and this new American youth could be taken out by some nut on the 6th floor of a nearby building. Same with Princess Di and so on and so on. It's easier for them to beieve these elaborate theories because their mind is more at ease that way. 

Liverpool was the victim of one of the biggest conspiracies in the UK.  "How could so many police officers and elected officials be in on it?"  "Wasn't it just too many drunk fans mobbing into one area?"  Sorry, but conspiracies do exist.  They don't ALWAYS exist - I agree with you on that.  But personally, I like the fact that there are people out there willing to test each component of the answer a government gives to make sure that it stacks up, and if it doesn't, then to ask that someone explains it.

What I find hard is to differentiate between facts that need explaining, and sh*t that someone just made up.  So hard to know what to believe, and what not to believe.  For example, was there really a passport from one of the hijackers found on the street below the WTC?  I faintly recall that happening, and have heard it raised by conspiracy theorists, but is that for real?  Can't be, can it? 

Also, why was there no wreckage found of the plane that hit the Pentagon?  Every plane has wreckage, whether it is blown out of the sky, crashes in a field, etc.  Was there any at the Pentagon?  Everything you read, and all the images you see, show very little or none, don't they?  Or have I been duped by that too (genuine question!!)?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:32 am »
I don't think there's much in the theories but obviously there is plenty not known and still unanswered (that itself leads to opportunism with theorists) . The news reported bombs  under the George Washington bridge, obviously pretty big news but not much coverage.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: September 25, 2014, 09:57:54 am »
I don't think there's much in the theories but obviously there is plenty not known and still unanswered (that itself leads to opportunism with theorists) . The news reported bombs  under the George Washington bridge, obviously pretty big news but not much coverage.

No bombs, conspiracy theorists jumped on a couple of media reports of a suspicious van being stopped in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. This isn't interesting at all, the police were acting on anything even slightly suspect and the media were reporting it all. A lot of the CT stuff is based on false media reports that were simply the result of confusion and the need to fill air time.

Also, why was there no wreckage found of the plane that hit the Pentagon?  Every plane has wreckage, whether it is blown out of the sky, crashes in a field, etc.  Was there any at the Pentagon?  Everything you read, and all the images you see, show very little or none, don't they?  Or have I been duped by that too (genuine question!!)?

There was plenty of wreckage, this has been debunked many times. Even a quick Google image search shows the wreckage of a plane very clearly.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: September 25, 2014, 10:03:25 am »
There was plenty of wreckage, this has been debunked many times. Even a quick Google image search shows the wreckage of a plane very clearly.

Cool, thanks.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: September 25, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

Cool, thanks.

No worries. I have no problem at all with people asking genuine question, there is so much misinformation out there that it can get confusing. It's the people who have been proven wrong again and again but still come back with the same shite that annoy me. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be upset with our governments without playing on the emotions of people after a tragedy like 9/11.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: September 25, 2014, 10:46:45 am »

For example, was there really a passport from one of the hijackers found on the street below the WTC?  I faintly recall that happening, and have heard it raised by conspiracy theorists, but is that for real?  Can't be, can it? 

There were several items that one might imagine wouldn't survive the impact found in tact, or only partially damaged,  belonging to passengers on the planes that were returned to family members. 

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: September 25, 2014, 11:01:34 am »
There were several items that one might imagine wouldn't survive the impact found in tact, or only partially damaged,  belonging to passengers on the planes that were returned to family members.

It was the same with the flight that was shot down over Ukraine, a lot of personal items were on the ground hardly damaged. It's just the physics of a plane crash, it's what happens. A lot of CT stuff comes from people with little knowledge making false assumptions about complicated processes; the downing of the Twin Towers is a prime example.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2014, 11:09:29 am »
No bombs, conspiracy theorists jumped on a couple of media reports of a suspicious van being stopped in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. This isn't interesting at all, the police were acting on anything even slightly suspect and the media were reporting it all. A lot of the CT stuff is based on false media reports that were simply the result of confusion and the need to fill air time.

The reports of the bombs on a bridge weren't a theory though. It's not like Fox news said, we've got some reports of a missile going into the twin towers, or we've got reports of explosives being taken into the WTC prior to the attack. That's a theory. This was just a report that I'd of liked being clarified, but like a lot surrounding the 9/11 attacks there is little clarification.

It's not interesting to you, I personally am allowed to be interested.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:11:14 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2014, 11:27:13 am »
The reports of the bombs on a bridge weren't a theory though. It's not like Fox news said, we've got some reports of a missile going into the twin towers, or we've got reports of explosives being taken into the WTC prior to the attack. That's a theory. This was just a report that I'd of liked being clarified, but like a lot surrounding the 9/11 attacks there is little clarification.

It's not interesting to you, I personally am allowed to be interested.

I don't understand your post. You want more information, go find it. It's all out there, it took me 10 minutes on Google to figure out that it's bollocks.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2014, 11:40:25 am »
Good for you, like I said this is something that I find interesting and I like to keep an open mind on, same goes for Halliburton, things that are a little suspicious and good cause to keep an open mind about.