Author Topic: Codemasters F1 2011  (Read 25514 times)

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
Re: Codemasters F1 2011
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2011, 11:05:11 am »
Is their any where I can download it for the PC
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »
Is their any where I can download it for the PC

STeam

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2011, 06:10:16 pm »
Traded this in for Arkham City yesterday.

First few days, I really enjoyed it but then it got a touch reptitive.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »
Traded this in for Arkham City yesterday.

First few days, I really enjoyed it but then it got a touch reptitive.

It's a racing game! You go round and round in circles. Of course it's repetitive.

That said I've not played it much since I bought it and I'm waiting for a patch to address some PS3 issues before I get stuck in. Batman will cover me for the meantime.

I did the same last year then got addicted.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2011, 06:22:59 pm »
It's a racing game! You go round and round in circles. Of course it's repetitive.

That said I've not played it much since I bought it and I'm waiting for a patch to address some PS3 issues before I get stuck in. Batman will cover me for the meantime.

I did the same last year then got addicted.

All my races were pretty much identical. Whether it be online or in career mode. Start. Avoid crash on first bend. Half way through first lap, get clipped from behind. Spin. Drop down to 8thish. Spend the rest of the race trying to recover.

Offline ADAM-LEE

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2011, 01:34:16 am »
bought this saturday and im really enjoying it, its the first time ive really played a f1 game, i dont watch f1 but do enjoy this game but i honestly have no clue about the cars, i dont drive myself have no intrest in cars and dont watch motorsports but the game is fun.

few things though firstly whats the dms? (i think thats what its called) what does it do and how do i use it?

also whats the best set up? at the moment i just click quick set up and use whatever its default is .

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2011, 04:06:31 am »
bought this saturday and im really enjoying it, its the first time ive really played a f1 game, i dont watch f1 but do enjoy this game but i honestly have no clue about the cars, i dont drive myself have no intrest in cars and dont watch motorsports but the game is fun.

few things though firstly whats the dms? (i think thats what its called) what does it do and how do i use it?

also whats the best set up? at the moment i just click quick set up and use whatever its default is .

DRS. It lowers your rear wing to give you less drag. Less drag = more speed. It also kills your grip though and you will spin out if you turn too fast.

You can use it anytime you like in practice and qualifying and almost never in races. There's a complicated set of rules governing when you can use DRS in races and I just ignore it then.

The best set up is none of the defaults.

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-race-setups/

I use these. Using the stock setups 6th place was a real accomplishment. Now I can qualify 1st and win 1st place.

Offline ADAM-LEE

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »
DRS. It lowers your rear wing to give you less drag. Less drag = more speed. It also kills your grip though and you will spin out if you turn too fast.

You can use it anytime you like in practice and qualifying and almost never in races. There's a complicated set of rules governing when you can use DRS in races and I just ignore it then.

The best set up is none of the defaults.

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-race-setups/

I use these. Using the stock setups 6th place was a real accomplishment. Now I can qualify 1st and win 1st place.

thanks mate thats a great help like i say i really have no clue about cars etc never intrested me but i do enjoy this game more than fifa 12 as that was shit haha. the drs i think i press triangle for, because i was messing about with the buttons and when i pressed triangle coming out of corners i was spinning out :-\ so i guess that was it. im in work now but will deffo have a browse at that link later and hopefully il be able to gain a few places, best so far was 6th lol

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »

Alright mate, good to see you got the game :)

Yeah as others said you can use DRS anywhere in practice or quali, but only use it on the straights otherwise you'l spin. You can use it in some corners e.g. 130R at Suzuka (see track guides) but most you'l just spin.

In the race you can only use it at certain parts of the track (most tracks only once a lap but certain circuits e.g. Canada or Valencia you can use it twice) if you are within 1 second of the car in front when you cross the detection zone. Dont worry you'l get the hang of it with more experience playing the game.

Also, them set ups are quality but there is a bug. If you set your spring stiffness to 11/11 like most of them set ups you go ridiculously fast. I guess if you are new to the game it can be ok but if you want a challenge then I advise you to use a max spring stiffness of 9/9 otherwise you can be 4-5 seconds a lap quicker meaning you'l always win.

PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline ADAM-LEE

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »
Alright mate, good to see you got the game :)

Yeah as others said you can use DRS anywhere in practice or quali, but only use it on the straights otherwise you'l spin. You can use it in some corners e.g. 130R at Suzuka (see track guides) but most you'l just spin.

In the race you can only use it at certain parts of the track (most tracks only once a lap but certain circuits e.g. Canada or Valencia you can use it twice) if you are within 1 second of the car in front when you cross the detection zone. Dont worry you'l get the hang of it with more experience playing the game.

Also, them set ups are quality but there is a bug. If you set your spring stiffness to 11/11 like most of them set ups you go ridiculously fast. I guess if you are new to the game it can be ok but if you want a challenge then I advise you to use a max spring stiffness of 9/9 otherwise you can be 4-5 seconds a lap quicker meaning you'l always win.

cheers pig, il have a look mate, i wont do 11/11 if its gonna make it too easy as i do like a challenge, at the moment my best finish on career mode was 6th, i love the challenge of it

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:32 pm »
I've been playing in "Legend" AI for a couple of races now so decided to turn on the Tyre sim.

Suddenly it all goes to shit. It seems to have made everyone else a fuckload faster (pole in China but couldn't even get top 10 in Turkey) and my tyres must be made of rubber bands because they last about 4 laps.

Back to "Professional" I think. Running Tyre sim off with Legend 50% races is too easy because you just bomb round on the options for all but 1 lap, but with it on it's nigh on impossible for me.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2011, 09:43:40 pm »
I've been playing in "Legend" AI for a couple of races now so decided to turn on the Tyre sim.

Suddenly it all goes to shit. It seems to have made everyone else a fuckload faster (pole in China but couldn't even get top 10 in Turkey) and my tyres must be made of rubber bands because they last about 4 laps.

Back to "Professional" I think. Running Tyre sim off with Legend 50% races is too easy because you just bomb round on the options for all but 1 lap, but with it on it's nigh on impossible for me.

Best give your setups a look through, im not a majorly smooth racer, but I dont have a problem with my tyres really. The odd track i struggle and have to drive the last lap or so carefully but its never really a problem

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #212 on: November 7, 2011, 05:36:52 pm »

Have you checked that you are not using the same tyres for every lap in qualifying.

I have noticed that if you are in q3 or you just do one qualifying session, then if you go out, come in, then go out again, you go out in the same tyres.

So I was doing 4-5 fast laps on one set of tyres, and then using them in a race, so having them ruined near the end. Only noticed this though in my second season.

just signed to red bull for my third season.

Offline masch

• potato
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #213 on: November 7, 2011, 05:52:41 pm »
How many of you lot are driving with traction control lower than full?  At the mo I'm playing with professional AI, full TCS, everything else set to realistic etc.  1st season with Force India, and a pretty obvious pattern is emerging.  I'm shit on the fast tracks; Monza, Spa, etc, qualifying somewhere between 15th and 20th typically, usually make up quite a few places in the race, but on high downforce tracks like Monaco, Montreal, Valencia etc I'm typically on pole and good for the race win. 

I assume this is at least partially down to the advantage I get over the AI from having TCS on max being more pronounced on the slower circuits - but if I drop the traction control down a notch I can barely get around corners; there's just not enough sensitivity in the Xbox controller to manage the acceleration.   Also definitely a factor is that I do struggle with sticking to the racing line on the faster corners (in particular turn 8 or whatever it is at Turkey is a bitch).

Anyone else get this?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 7, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »
Picked this up today for £27 pre-owned in Game. Loved the first game but wasn't going to spend £40 on it knowing it would crash in price a month later. Can't wait to play it, hoping that I fare better than my career last year when I was doing well then the team got bitchy with me because I decided I was set for bigger things and gave arrogant answers in the interviews. ;D
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #215 on: November 7, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »
How many of you lot are driving with traction control lower than full?  At the mo I'm playing with professional AI, full TCS, everything else set to realistic etc.  1st season with Force India, and a pretty obvious pattern is emerging.  I'm shit on the fast tracks; Monza, Spa, etc, qualifying somewhere between 15th and 20th typically, usually make up quite a few places in the race, but on high downforce tracks like Monaco, Montreal, Valencia etc I'm typically on pole and good for the race win. 

I assume this is at least partially down to the advantage I get over the AI from having TCS on max being more pronounced on the slower circuits - but if I drop the traction control down a notch I can barely get around corners; there's just not enough sensitivity in the Xbox controller to manage the acceleration.   Also definitely a factor is that I do struggle with sticking to the racing line on the faster corners (in particular turn 8 or whatever it is at Turkey is a bitch).

Anyone else get this?

I have most off but TCS on for the force india, done two seasons on the pro difficulty and won the title both times. I am good in race on most tracks, struggle to do well in qualifying on the fast tracks.

Now my third season I will be with red bull so will be upping the difficulty and worming off the TC

Offline masch

• potato
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: November 7, 2011, 07:08:30 pm »
I have most off but TCS on for the force india, done two seasons on the pro difficulty and won the title both times. I am good in race on most tracks, struggle to do well in qualifying on the fast tracks.

Now my third season I will be with red bull so will be upping the difficulty and worming off the TC

Ah interesting.   Are you playing with a wheel (well, pedals)?  Even with TCS on semi I make so many mistakes spinning out after applying the throttle too hard.  In rain I can barely get around a corner.  Other than my ineptness, I think it's partially down to the range of motion for acceleration on the controller not being that great.

The other advantage TCS seems to give is off the line at the start, TCS+KERS+AI slowing down to avoid crashes gives you a potentially huge jump.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #217 on: November 7, 2011, 07:12:51 pm »
No i use a PS3 controller. Normally dont give any kers till after 100kph

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2011, 02:23:08 pm »
Got this on Steam yesterday for 15 quid, started career on a hard mode, realized it is way too hard, switched to medium, got into pole, thinking of going back to hard...
Very good.
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2011, 02:36:17 am »
Only 5 races away from Season 2.

I signed for Lotus. Glad to be finally rid of Virgin. I picked them without knowing anything about the sport and they are the worst team in the game. I can get 1st place in most races if I race dirty.

No KERS really hurts me in qualy, especially since the car is already slow as it is.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 1, 2012, 09:49:43 am »
If you can get first in a Virgin car then you've got the difficulty settings far too low.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »
Any RAWKites want to share PSN ID's so we can compare Time Trial times?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2012, 10:40:45 am »
Would anybody here be interested in a Co-Op Championship on PS3?

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:12 am »
Can anyone give ma review on what this is like on the 360 and overall experience for the game?

I know the new season is here shortly but its on shop.to ebay for £16.85....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORMULA-1-2011-F1-XBOX-360-MICROSOFT-VIDEO-GAME-NEW-SEALED-OFFICIAL-PAL-/160748904484?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item256d61a024

Is that a decent price for this?

Thanks

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:08 am »
Well worth getting (I have it for the PS3) - you'll get as much out of the race/career/world championship as you want to put it...it can be time consuming but the racing is fun.

I do feel as though achieving the setup can be difficult - the system on the old F1:CE from 2006 was very good (the engineer helped you to evolve the setup).

My favourite game mode, though, is the time trial - all sim options on but it stil manages to hold a great pick-up-and-play appeal...very difficult to get tired of attempting to shave tenths of your best lap times at various circuits.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »
Well worth getting (I have it for the PS3) - you'll get as much out of the race/career/world championship as you want to put it...it can be time consuming but the racing is fun.

I do feel as though achieving the setup can be difficult - the system on the old F1:CE from 2006 was very good (the engineer helped you to evolve the setup).

My favourite game mode, though, is the time trial - all sim options on but it stil manages to hold a great pick-up-and-play appeal...very difficult to get tired of attempting to shave tenths of your best lap times at various circuits.

Thanks is £16.85 a decent price for it?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »
I'd not turn my nose up for that.  Have you checked your local gaming store for previously owned versions...if you've a few games to trade in yourself then you might be able to get it even cheaper.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:30 pm »
I'd not turn my nose up for that.  Have you checked your local gaming store for previously owned versions...if you've a few games to trade in yourself then you might be able to get it even cheaper.

CEX are selling it for £15 but this is the "offline" version. What are the negative things about not having the online version for this? Is it just worth paying the shop.to ebay price?

EDIT: Just checked the online features, is playing against each other for 16 players and the championship etc worth it? Do you guys play online a lot on F1?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:34:26 pm by JLFC »

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:49 pm »
I don't race online much at all - I think paid-entry will be the only way to 'tidy up' racing on such a game, personally.

However, the time trial option is really good (when online).

I don't understand how there could be a separate online/offline version of the game - unless it's just a reference to the VIP Pass included in the box?  This can (could?) also be bought on the Playstation Store.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »
Would you pay potentially £6.00 for a online version? Theres a "promotional version" of the game that I've found online thats up for sale at £3.20....

Theres no difference between this and the official game though considering just paying the shop.to price to be honest

The offline version will just mean the online code been used

UPDATE: Paid £16.85 for the item brand new now just got to wait
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:02:22 pm by JLFC »

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #230 on: March 2, 2012, 11:30:22 pm »
Oh yeah i know what you mean now. Yeah one of the numbers is definatly how much life they have in them.

I'm having real difficulty getting my tyres to last, the A.I does okay but after a few laps my tyres start going off drastically, i can't just manage them though. Otherwise i slow down too much.

Did we decide that this was No. of laps required to get tyres to temp and No. of laps they are expected to last?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 3, 2012, 09:26:16 am »
Did we decide that this was No. of laps required to get tyres to temp and No. of laps they are expected to last?

Yeah I think you were right over the number of laps haha. Anyhow I can never get my tyres to last, always have to come in two or three laps early, don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 3, 2012, 05:01:54 pm »
Got this today and love it, its hard keeping the car on the track though lol

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2012, 02:52:53 pm »
Highly recommend that everyone download's the following guide - it's a good read:

http://www.racedepartment.com/2011/12/f1-2011-advanced-drivers-guide-by-david-oreilly/

And, whilst I'm here, does anybody have a link to Ramon van Rijn's Setup Guide?  Some of the Race Department links that I have found don't seem to have worked and I'm struggling to find the document (presuming it's a .pdf).

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2012, 03:02:23 pm »
Thinking of picking this up second hand for the PS3

Do you need to buy any sort of online code to go on multiplayer? Notice that my local CEX has *offline* on the copies it sells but not seen it anywhere else

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:43 pm »
Steam have got a nerve still selling this for 40€

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:01 pm »
Still play a lot of this. Had a successful season with some lads over on Race Department and just about to start a second season (PS3) but with no assists. Still a good 1-2 seconds off my normal assist pace though so if anyones got any tips on how to get use to it then let me know! ;D

Thinking of picking this up second hand for the PS3

Do you need to buy any sort of online code to go on multiplayer? Notice that my local CEX has *offline* on the copies it sells but not seen it anywhere else

Not sure to be honest mate as I got mine on release day but I'm guessing you will have to  ???
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2012, 06:18:24 pm »
Still play a lot of this. Had a successful season with some lads over on Race Department and just about to start a second season (PS3) but with no assists. Still a good 1-2 seconds off my normal assist pace though so if anyones got any tips on how to get use to it then let me know! ;D

Do you Time Trial at all - I'll add you on if so.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »
Do you Time Trial at all - I'll add you on if so.

Yup  ;)

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:15 pm »
Not sure to be honest mate as I got mine on release day but I'm guessing you will have to  ???

Cheers mate. Might pick it up new then, save me messing around