Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 148879 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:29 pm »
For the criticism on Carroll, I think it's harsh.

He gets through a serious amount of work for a front man. It will take time for him to bed into the new set up as I don't feel he found his feet ast season, for one reason or another.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »
Sorry mate but not having that. Someone must of slipped something into Flanno's water at halftime because right from the off he was making bizarre decisions & miss placing passes left, right & centre. He was all over the place, Sunderland didn't equalise until nearly a quarter of an hour in. I don't know whether the pressure from Larsson flustered him or whether Kenny had asked him to get on the ball more or something but there was something not right with him as soon as that whistle went. He looked liked he didn't wanna be on the pitch.

if you watch flanagen closely he does have that warnock positioning sense about him.
good footballer but needs to learn his trade properly imo.

i think he will be a betetr centre midfielder meself.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:44 pm »
Disappointing. We started off really well and the game should have been wrapped up in the first half. As ever you have to take your chances. The 2nd half we might aswell have not bothered coming back out. No one did themselves any favours.  The defending on the goal was non existant and short of hoofing it to Carroll and hoping he could make something out of it we offered nothing. 

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »
Could someone tell me again what the midfield was again?

If it was lucas and adam, then that might be the problem (no shit sherlock), because there wasn't any aquilani or meireles kinda player when it was needed.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #724 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »
our problems come from how we deep we play, there's far too much space between our defenders and our centre forward, we need to push up the pitch to create more chances. If that means dropping Carragher so be it.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #725 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »
We're perfectly entitled to be pissed off and also entitled to be pissed off with players who have a bad game. Flanagan was awful in the second half, Carroll didn't look great either and there was a shocking lack of creativity in the second half. I'm as pissed off as anyone and have spent the last 30 minutes swearing to myself, incurring the wrath of the missus  :-[
But anyone who says Henderson is shit, Flanagan is shit, Carroll is the biggest waste of money ever after the first game of the new season should just fuck right off. They were poor in THIS GAME, doesn't mean they are shit in general.
And yeah, I agree that Kenny got his team selections badly wrong today. It happens. He's human and is going to make mistakes from time to time. If Arsenal beat us next week I am staying the fuck away from here!

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »
Downing looked good on the left, not so great on the right. Henderson started well but as with everynoe he dropped off on the 2nd. Soon as the cross went in for their goal i thought I hope no one is in space, and unfortunately Flannagan wasn't aware whats going on behind him
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:14 pm »
Thought there were some really good signs overall but it just wasn't our day. Downing linked well with Suarez. Enrique was a monster at leftback and Adam/Lucas partnership looks like it will work well. Missed the win and were disappointing 2nd half with Flanagan awful after half time but the goal was not entirely his fault. We should never have allowed the cross in the first place.

A draw against Sunderland in the opening match is not a disaster by any means.

Careful, you are in danger of be objective and talking sense. Much better to fling your arms around and act like a drama queen.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »
signs are there that we are improving, it is the first game of the season and it will keep improving.  Just need to try harder to get a second goal every time, we have a bad habit of losing a lead
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »
Sorry mate but not having that. Someone must of slipped something into Flanno's water at halftime because right from the off he was making bizarre decisions & miss placing passes left, right & centre. He was all over the place, Sunderland didn't equalise until nearly a quarter of an hour in. I don't know whether the pressure from Larsson flustered him or whether Kenny had asked him to get on the ball more or something but there was something not right with him as soon as that whistle went. He looked liked he didn't wanna be on the pitch.
he made a mistake before the equalizer though, where he tried to take it inside one of their players and got caught out, which was the catalyst for a bad half.

The lads only about 12 years old, these things happen.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #730 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:23 pm »
Against Arsenal I'd be tempted to play Downing-Suarez-Kuyt as a front three with Lucas-Aquilani-Meireles in midfield. I think that would have a better balance to it. I just don't think Carroll and Henderson quite suit how we want to play at the moment, and Adam looks like his stamina needs a bit of work.
Carroll will be a nightmare for Arsenal's defence, Remember he scored at the emirates last season but for newcastle

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »
You're a massive wum.

That's a funny way to spell c*nt.

Mancs opening day 07-08- draw at home to Reading. 08-09 a draw at home to Newcastle. Look how it panned out. Let's not get carried away with today.

If memory serves they drew two and lost one of their opening 3 fixtures in 07-08.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:29 pm »

Great post. I particularly agree with the lack of attacking penetration from our full-backs.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:30 pm »
This match certainly lived up to my fears.

Henderson, Downing, Adam, looking very average. Carragher looking like the relic he is, Kenny's tactics and choice of players, all poor. Hoof after hoof in the second half, no composure or brains. Also much to reliant on Suarez.

And Dowd is a fat fuck who lost us the game, how ever poor we were. Hope Kenny lays into him.

have to agree with that bit in particular. it sometimes feels like we really cant do simple passes sometimes. we dont seem able to work teams around and control possession. players seem scared on the ball abit. this also results in a lack of ideas

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »
This team needs some damn character.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #735 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »
Being out of Europe is a blessing, really.

Is correct. Arsenal will have any eye on the CL next week and are about to lose their talisman, never a better time to play them in my eyes. I'm sure the team will take a good honest look at the positives and the negatives from today and look forward to next week with some degree of intent. Sure this was disappointing today but the signs are there that lads like Downing and Enrique will repay their fees very quickly indeed after their excellent displays this afternoon.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
diappointing result but IT'S ONLY THE FIRST GAME.  we're still fighting for this, and i'll tell you, honestly, i will love it if we win it. love it!

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
That would be fine if this thread didn't read like us losing to blackpool with Roy in charge, which it does.

See flanno didn't have a good second half, the mistake affected him. But everyone calling him poor aren't saying "well we didn't play well as a team in the second half" are they? no its "Flanno was poor, flanno was like a deer in the headlights" and are doing EXACTLY the fucking same thing that always happens on here. Its the insua treatment.

Absolutely embarrassing. 
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:53 pm »
He'll have to behave somewhere else - he has the distinction of being the first banned user this season.

Damn, if I had read much more of this thread it may have been my acolade.
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »
not sure what exactly happened in the 2nd half... roll on. we are not in the race for the title. we are in the fight for a CL placing. we weren't even able to qualify for the europa league this season. Shows how much we need to improve so stop jumping the gun and expect too much.

Offline TheGhost

• Legacy Fan
  • Yup!

Henderson
, Downing, Adam, looking very average. Carragher looking like the relic he is Kenny's tactics and choice of players, all poor. Hoof after hoof in the second half, no composure or brains. Also much to reliant on Suarez.

And Dowd is a fat fuck who lost us the game, how ever poor we were. Hope Kenny lays into him.

People are going to slate her but she does make some good points.
when someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #741 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
We're perfectly entitled to be pissed off and also entitled to be pissed off with players who have a bad game. Flanagan was awful in the second half, Carroll didn't look great either and there was a shocking lack of creativity in the second half. I'm as pissed off as anyone and have spent the last 30 minutes swearing to myself, incurring the wrath of the missus  :-[
But anyone who says Henderson is shit, Flanagan is shit, Carroll is the biggest waste of money ever after the first game of the new season should just fuck right off. They were poor in THIS GAME, doesn't mean they are shit in general.
And yeah, I agree that Kenny got his team selections badly wrong today. It happens. He's human and is going to make mistakes from time to time. If Arsenal beat us next week I am staying the fuck away from here!

So any positives?

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
Jeez, what has happened to people???

90 mins ago everyone was full of the joys of Spring and now we have crap players, crap manager and have bought in the wrong players despite spending a shedload.!!!!

Yes, it's disappointing we didn't come away with a 10-0  win but Sunderland are not a rubbish team, they have brought in a lot of players too and improved from last season.

It's game one of a long season.  stop all the panicking and remember WE DIDNT LOSE.!!!
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #743 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:47 pm »
Absolutely embarrassing. 
what is, what i put?
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #744 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:48 pm »
This result wasn't too bad, maybe Kenny will try a different team next week, and maybe, just maybe, he will use Aquilani (if he doesn't leave before).

We can't go to the Emirates with the same team. If we lose that game, we will play catch up game yet again, and that will be HORRIBLE.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:54 pm »
For the criticism on Carroll, I think it's harsh.

He gets through a serious amount of work for a front man. It will take time for him to bed into the new set up as I don't feel he found his feet ast season, for one reason or another.

It's the price tag and nothing else. People expect miracles, Carroll is no miracle worker but he may or may not turn into an asset on the pitch.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »
He's not holding us back. He's a great man and a great defender, but I'd rather someone else there.

Dont get me started on Carragher. He is holding us back though when we can bring a younger and potentially quicker player (Carragher legs are going these days) in.

Also hes peeing me off with his HOOOOOOFing of the ball. Unfortunately, when he does it, it spreads to the others (apart from Enrique today.

Offline shafticus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #747 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions anyone who knows me on here.

But im gunna say something I will stand by for the rest of the season. Andy Carroll will be the biggest transfer flop in the history of this club.

Nowhere near good enough, and not one who will improve vastly either.

35 million for someone with extremely limited technical ability

...he wasn't even poor today...
I read in Wikipedia that his full name is Andrew Thomas Carroll. Such a beautiful name. By the way,

Offline khalilur

• Kopite
« Reply #748 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »
Let's see. Good start, then quickly tapered off. Too many long balls & not enough interplay through the middle.

Flanno made mistakes, one of which lead to the goal. He'll learn but this match emphasises why we shouldn't hype our youngsters too much.

Too many long balls. Just because we have Carroll doesn't mean we shld only play one way.

I don't understand why we put Downing on the right. His crosses are better with his left foot. Unless we want him to keep cutting in or deliver mediocre right footed crosses, why put him there & Kuyt on the left?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #749 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »
Our expectations are too much.

Already a negative vibe for the start of the season after ONE match.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »
er.............what do they say.............keep calm and carry on...........
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »
i don't know what game some people watched.....we were far from "excellent" or "fantastic" in the first half. we were just ok. if we were excellent, it should have been 3-0 cause sunderland were poor.

it's also a bit worrying that we seemed tired and slow in the second half...

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
« Reply #752 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:25 pm »
I'm sure John W Henry and Tom Werner would be disappointed today.

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #753 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:27 pm »
liked the first half but its the business end of the game and turning it on when it matters that counts, been a while when Liverpool had a major comeback victory, its either been a 3-0 or 5-3 routs of good to decent teams or mediocre below par performances like these..

though nothing can be said much about the new signings, I just hope that Downing does what he does best and what he was picked for, Hendo I believe was played out of position on the wide side and more like raul was played as a right midfielder by Roy last year...
but i guess the team will settle down into a more consistent outfit as the games go on... want to see the likes of Aqua & Kelly in action too..

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »
*sigh*

Same old it seems. Heads drop and we go to shit as soon as it starts going against us.

Henderson was especially poor, the lad has zero defensive awareness, just wanders about the place watching the ball the whole time.

Henderson, Downing, Adam, looking very average. Carragher looking like the relic he is, Kenny's tactics and choice of players, all poor. Hoof after hoof in the second half, no composure or brains. Also much to reliant on Suarez.

I won't name them but a couple of our players need to fucking do something when we don't have the ball instead of just walking about.
i am so fucking depressed right now.

In case anyone isn't aware. Indeed the season has officially started.

The Rawk WUM's have obviously had a refreshing break and are back in full force.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:54 pm »
So any positives?

We didn't lose.
Seriously, not many. Enrique looked tidy and Downing put in some cracking crosses. Adam started well but faded like everyone else.

Offline suredross

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool nie...Asante Kotoko nie!!!
    • Asante Kotoko
« Reply #756 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »
a fair result..though disappointing.

one thing for me though, we need to sort out Carra. i believe we need to play one of the younger guys (D Wilson/Kelly) because every top play is going to be a struggle for Carra. hope he proves me wrong.

it is the first game and i see much positives. we will be much better this season..trust me!

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »
He's not holding us back. He's a great man and a great defender, but I'd rather someone else there.
In the literal sense he really is holding us back.  Having him on the field causes us to play very deep and that will cost us points.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:07 pm »
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »
Our expectations are too much.

Already a negative vibe for the start of the season after ONE match.

What do you expect when weve spent all the money we have ......

We needed to kick the ground running, instead we did that but somehow imploded in the second half.