Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 148997 times)

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I loved Adam's run at the end with his cross across goal. That really impressed me. Shows hes got the stuff to at times grab the game by the scruff of its neck and try to provide some kind of magic.

Sadly Carroll lacked the anticipation/foresight to be anywhere near the ball and was immobile at the time.

Enrique was really really solid.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
Dissapointed with what I saw. Liverpool were far too defensive and a midfield of Lucas, Adam and Henderson it is not going to get it done at the highest level. The defense sat too deep.

The bright spots were Suarez and Downing. Don't know why Suarez was subbed or Mireilles did not start.

Flanagan looks too inexperienced.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully the reason Aquilani was nowhere near the starting 11 today is because we were playing a team like Sunderland. And hopefully he's in next week and helping Lucas and Adam dismantle Arsenal.

The passing quality in the first was ok, just needed some more tempo and discipline. In the second it was non-existent- every other ball was pumped long, and the rest were just inaccurate. The latter performance definitely needs to be stamped out, whereas the first half showed promise.

It's to be expected I guess. A completely overhauled team which is still trying to work itself out. As long as it doesn't take too long for that to happen, we'll be fine.

Onwards!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So why aren't you blaming Kenny then eh? Stop hiding behind having a go at a very young lad who had a tough game and say what you mean.
This. Poor performance, but he's a kid being thrown out there. However much we love Kenny, it was on him.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Such a disappointing second half.  Thought we were very poor in possession and we looked dead on our feet.  Was really wondering why Flanagan played over Kelly before the match and my god did he have a poor second half.  Gave the ball away time and again and was at fault for the goal.

On the plus side, we looked really good in the first half.  Once we gel as a unit and get going we are going to be something to watch.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
I'm not sure we bottled it, but your comment about composure and the lack of discipline in the second half meant that I had to quote you! We had effectively seven new faces in that starting line up. We should have won at a canter really, but the pieces are in place to ensure we don't throw games like that away through the season.

And Dowd made two big early decisions, and he got both of them wrong.

We could hardly pass the ball around. We went back to playing Hodge-ball.  :butt

Sure, we had new signings, and the chemistry is not there yet, but smacking the ball forward to Andy's head is NOT the answer.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
This match certainly lived up to my fears.

Henderson, Downing, Adam, looking very average.

Because sometimes there aren't the words.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline TheGhost

• Legacy Fan
  • Yup!
I dont understand why Kelly and Kuyt didn't start. And we're still too one-dimensional without Luis
when someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!

Offline Mouseboy11

• Main Stander
  • Luis Garcia, He Drinks Sangria!
Not sure why Kelly wasn't chosen.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight

37 more starts in the league for Enrique then.

Yes, we are good enough.

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
Considering the outlay, who thinks Caroll will turn out to be the biggest flop in Liverpool history? I for one do.  Never a Liverpool player.

I just don't know what to say to that...

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Or Suarez scores the pen, its not a problem.

What the fuck are you on about?

Suarez didn't score the pen. We still conceded with a schoolboy error.

It is a problem. We look like we'll concede in every game.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
Disappointing result but I liked the new look Liverpool. very confident of our chances this season  :scarf

really? I am the opposite, we looked good in first half then in the second we looked different, whether it was tactic or players being tired we looked very poor which is a worry in the long run, I am hoping it was just match fitness and tiredness that made us play that way. Flanno shouldnt have started this match, we have Kelly who has much more experience and skills, I thought he did ok in the first half but looked really poor after the goal. Has to toughen up better then that as we are always going to concede goals. 2 points dropped and 4 or 5 yellow picked up, very poor start I am afraid.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
new season, old problems.

one positive is that this may reign in some ridiculous expectations. we've got a LOOOOOOONG way to go still and this summers business certainly was no magic wand.

again though, if there's a proper reason why aquilani has no role in this time, it's one i cannot fathom.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
What the fuck? They were two of our better performers today.
Up your standards cos if they were good today we'll be finishing midtable.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
We need a new scapegoat. Lucas and Kuyt have done their shifts, who is it going to be this season?

My bet is Adam. Or Carra.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
That's it. We're Shit, I knew we were.  Will never win anything with this lot - I'm going back to the knitting :-)
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
I am very disappointed.

Apologize to HeIsBigAndRed. He told me that there were no signs for pass and move and I couldn´t believe it. We are looking more than Tottenham now than anything else, just without the class.

Without Suarez and Lucas, who both couldn´t even walk anymore in the second half as he had no holiday and no preseason there is really not much than kick and rush. We couldn´t replace them but that was clear before the game.

On our new signings I feel not much has changed so far to convince me that Adam and Carroll are anything else thanaverage players. Downing needs to play the ball on the ground, he and Henderson will be alright.

I couldn´t really figure out what Adam was doing other than hitting the long ball and crossing. The invisible man with very little work in defense and proper movement or passing.

But I forgot, it´s not about pass and move anymore... obviously.

I am very dissapointed. It was Sunderland at home.

Agree...

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
Yeah , blame it all on Flanagan while most of the side was terrible in the second half. ::)

No control in the midfield at all , Lucas was the only one who seemed to actually.  Too many hopeful punts and aimless crosses towards Carrol. Why not play into his feet and use his ability on the ball as opposed to lumping up to him all the time.

Cannot read too much into the result though. Only the first game with many new signings still getting used to the change in style. We also have the likes of Gerrard , Johnson and Skrtel injured. I am sure we'll rectify our mistakes in the match.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
Enrique was great considering he's been here for 2 days. Superb performance

I agree about Enrique.  One of the positives to take home from this game.  Hopefully we will get to see his offensive capabilities as the season goes on.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
First of all lets give Sunderland some credit for closing us down well in the second half, their goal was well taken but a massive error leaving him in that much space, Flanagan will get hung out to dry on that but he is a young lad he will make mistakes so we either accept that or we kick him back into the reserves!
I can only think Kelly wasnt well or something as he didnt get the nod, first half most things working well,second half nothing working well, was it lack of fitness ?

It is the first game this can happen!

In the end we should not look for too many scapegoats (although many will) we should put this behind us and move onto the next game!

Remember "the League is a marathon and not a sprint" as some genius once said!

Absafuckingloutely mate.

Calm down.

Bolton are top of the league FFS!

We are 3rd.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Dissapointed with what I saw. Liverpool were far too defensive and a midfield of Lucas, Adam and Henderson it is not going to get it done at the highest level. The defense sat too deep.

The bright spots were Suarez and Downing. Don't know why Suarez was subbed or Mireilles did not start.

Flanagan looks too inexperienced.

Suarez was knackered.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
we needed creativityaquilani....

Offline bretc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Forever!
We played too deep and allowed Sunderland to play - whatever happened to the closing down high up the pitch deployed by Rafa? It was effective and should be retained. Carra & Agger lost most of the aerial duels and were outplayed by the 2 strikers. Massive improvement needed in our defensive setup. We didn't manage to control the midfield and we were never in control of the match or the tempo. Charlie Adam is not Alonso and never will be Alonso! In summary, we didn't really play as a team, we were flat and lack creativity. Kenny & Clarke need to work things out asap as the next match is against Arsenal.

I'm not trying to panic but we certainly need to improve!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
Flanno poor. Should noy have been picked. Was suprised to see Henderson in team.  Dirk did more in the short time he was on than Henderson.

Lucas strangely had a poor game too.

Positeves - Adam, Downing

Carroll better on the deck than I thought
Yeah Lucas was absent in the 2nd, agree with Downing and Adam good show from both. Flanno should've have done better but the lad is still learning. Dirk would've put that pen away.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
Why are people over reacting?

3-0 liverpool.... .  7-0 liverpool

carra
agger
carrol

loool, that's why!!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
I didn't see anything wrong with Carroll's performance. I don't know where that's coming from.

I'm sure if you went back and tracked the match film, you'd find that he dominated in the air.  Took his goal well (and it was a goal, no reason for it to be disallowed), and generally was excellent in his link-up play.

I realize, that on FIFA, when you've got Zlatan up top, it's easy enough to hold up every ball and dribble through the defence for a goal, but that's not reality.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
This. Poor performance, but he's a kid being thrown out there. However much we love Kenny, it was on him.

QFE. As my first pose in the thread said at the start: "KENNY GOT IT WRONG".

It would be different if flanno was a 25yo first teamer but hes still a young guy who has his future and development in Kenny's hands. Kenny had options and chose all the wrong ones today apart from starting Suarez.

Offline shafticus

• Anny Roader
FFS!  ::)

Henderson looks pathetic. What a terrible waste of money.

lolol whatever you say man.

poor flanno had a rough time in the second half.  carroll played fairly well.  hopefully downing stays on the left mostly from now on.  also dirk looked lively and enrique looked good and henderson did as well; his play was understated but efficient
I read in Wikipedia that his full name is Andrew Thomas Carroll. Such a beautiful name. By the way,

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
So I see we've got a new scapegoat in Flannagan then have we.

I actually thought he was great first half, just that he had the appearance of someone who knew he should have been closer to Larsson when he scored and let it get the better of him. I can see why Kenny kept him on to try and build his confidence back up, but he certainly wasn't the reason we were shite in the second half. We'd been on the slide for a good 10 minutes before the equaliser.

I just hope the lad learns from the game and understands that he wasn't the reason our passing game was shot to pieces 2nd half, there were other culprits there...

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
Our fitness levels were shocking. What do they do during pre-season? Still a weeks worth of training should help and a sharper Lucas and Suarez will obviously help even more. Yet again worried though that without Suarez we are lacking that cutting edge and because of this i still think we need another forward.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
Calm down lads, its the first game of the season ffs. We ran out of puff in the second half but the first half showed what we have to look forward to this season.

Run out of puff at the start of the second half ... not the end. The bloody start. Like i said, the way we started 2nd half was inexcusable, after our first half performance. Its like we completely collapsed and another team was brought out.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
My god, now nobody's allowed to have a pop at Flanagan either.

It's the first game of the season and in theory we are 'supporters'
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
I don't think he can be scapegoated but he was poor today Pheeny. He was at fault for the equaliser because of his positioning.

After that, his confidence was shoot and he just got progressively worse as the game went on.

Hope it doesn't have any long term confidence issue for the lad because he looked bright in the first half

The problem originated on the other side. As soon as they got the throw-in our midfield went too deep. They stayed deep as well and we ended up with three men marking the same player. All three then made the same the futile move to close down the lad who put in the cross. It was disgraceful defending.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Some poor decisions in the game but really, we only have ourselves to blame for not getting the three points.

Not really sure why Flanagan was started ahead of Kelly, but I hope the lad doesn't feel too disheartened. Just a lack of experience showing at times.

On the plus side, Enrique was impressive, as was Downing.

Onwards and upwards!

hoonin

This match certainly lived up to my fears.

Henderson, Downing, Adam, looking very average. Carragher looking like the relic he is, Kenny's tactics and choice of players, all poor. Hoof after hoof in the second half, no composure or brains. Also much to reliant on Suarez.

And Dowd is a fat fuck who lost us the game, how ever poor we were. Hope Kenny lays into him.

You are utterly clueless at the best of times, but you've taken it to an Olympic level with that nonsense.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
We missed a penalty,the Referee bottled out of an obvious sending off,we had a goal disallowed,there were four new players starting and we hit the crossbar-the end is nigh! Bring back Hodgson!!
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
Enrique, Downing and Adam impressed me.

Suarez, Carroll, and to a point Lucas and Henderson disappointed me.

What happened at half time?!
how the fuck did Suarez disappoint you?? The man earned a pen and scored a goal. Yes,he missed a pen but it was him who earned it in the first place.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/