Author Topic: José Enrique Sánchez Díaz  (Read 302950 times)

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jose Enrique Fee Agreed
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »
Nice!!!

Things are really starting to look good. Can't fault the owners. They've really "stepped up to the plate" as they would put it. Still think we need a new CB to have a squad to be reckoned with.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:06 pm »
...need width signed Henderson and Downing...

Agree with your post in general, but I still don't see Henderson as a wide player. That's still an area I think we lack real quality and numbers. Yes, we have players who can 'do a job' there, but I still believe we have one genuine wide player (Downing). Henderson, for me, is a central midfielder.

Anyway, that's off topic really.

Pleased with this. Good signing. Good price. One of our big weaknesses addressed.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:10 pm »
Very good signing, can't wait to see him play.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »
Great feel of fulfillment, like, usually, that feeling of uncertainty when a player is injured, now the team seems as if it's full of good players, excellent!

Just what we needed!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
But then Liverpool are just doing what they always do - an average sized club with gigantic ambition[/i]

The irony of that statement!!!! Average club? 5 European cups and 18 leagues....... sound

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:00 pm »
he is so good he even scored a goal for liverpool before he had his medical
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:25 pm »
superb. the only issue i now have is my fantasy football team has 4 liverpool players in it :/ gotta chop and change now ffs.

Offline Old Triangle

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:37 pm »
Great stuff! Jose could be our most important signing this window. What a bit of business as well if the approx £6m fee is to be believed.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:42 pm »
I'll second that. Quick question Chakan, do you think they are playing the same waiting game with the CB position or is that not a 'problem position in your view?'

Fuck that actually. Discussion for another thread. Loving our squad depth. Jose, Jose, Jose, Joseeeeeeeeey, JOSE, JOSE!

Missed this, personally I don't think they see it as "that" big an issue, with the left back situation we had Insua/Aurelio/Robinson. Not idea. With the CB position we have Carra/Skrtel/Agger/Soto definitely can do the job, I think they want to add another CB to the mix possibly Dann/Cahill but if we don't I don't think Kenny will be panicking.

Offline iheartthetoons

• Main Stander
  • Howay The Lads!
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:52 pm »
from the NUFC forum:

But then Liverpool are just doing what they always do - an average sized club with gigantic ambition

8)

thats just bitterness mate, every toon fan knows liverpool are a big club, and once again you've now got owners who will back your ambition. one day it'll come for newcastle, maybe we can hit a cup or something? haha
"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United." - Alan Shearer reveals the club's he turned down to play for Newcastle.

Ah... those were the days...

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »
Personally, I don't know much about him, but have just seen his performance (all touches) in a couple of games. Looks to be a gritty left back with a touch of flair. The flair component of his game also seems to be of a gritty kind as in seeking to outmaneuver, outrun, and outperform the opponent. No flicks, tricks and the like. I'm extremely encouraged to say the least.

All of a sudden, Aurelio becomes the perfect second choice left back to be used sporadically.

FSG are clearly a breath of f. fresh air: willing to reasonably spend, and not forcing Dalglish to first sell and then spend which has been the story for far too long and has kept us back for a while.

With another (10million) dished out for a centre back and an extra striker, we would enter the dreamland territory, and start the new season with a clear idea that anything is possible...
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »
Yayyyy now we get to see the creepy medical pics!
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:57 pm »
Fourth LB  :o

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »
superb. the only issue i now have is my fantasy football team has 4 liverpool players in it :/ gotta chop and change now ffs.

Off topic but is that true?

I thought if there was transfer you could just leave your team as it is (Premierleague.com one)
Long live the King

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
A long time coming and the worst kept transfer secret this year.

Solid alternative/back up to Fabio this season all being well.

Welcome Enrique.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2011, 02:09:11 pm »
What's the fee anyone?
5.5m?

Offline iheartthetoons

• Main Stander
  • Howay The Lads!
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »
Fuck off, humility?

Have you read what some of them c*nts on that forum have called us? He's saying we'd be the same if we lost a player to another club, we'd call people murderers and wall pushers would we? "anyone but Liverpool"? Why is that fucking necessary.

Would we fuck.

Humility my fucking arse.
well i didnt actually read what they read as i'm not part of that forum - what i meant was that you'd be the same (i.e. bitter) if you were the other club. it must have hurt when torres went to chelsea? but least you got in 2 top quality strikers to ease the pain. im not saying i condone what they're saying as i dont agree, but people in anger at the way their club is being run may explain it. just be happy for your club, what does it matter what some pricks are saying?
"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United." - Alan Shearer reveals the club's he turned down to play for Newcastle.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2011, 02:09:45 pm »

haha, think most people would wouldn't they? i think getting downing rather than ashley young as a good deal too,  for me young is good, but he's not a proper proper winger, not like downing which is exactly what jose and carroll will love. i reckon jose is gonna love planting them on carrolls head again, and least downing can cross.... jonas always was hit and miss after a beautiful dribble haha

Did Carroll get on the end of many of his crosses then?

Media had me believe it was all about Barton planting on his head.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:05 pm »
Good signing for a great price so welcome Jose. Probably time for fabio to be let go and give the back up slot(s) to the young lads
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:07 pm »
yes. glad we got this lad. i really am feeling great about the upcoming season. FSG, Comolli, and Dalglish's relationship and expertise will see us have a very good season imo

Offline Oh Sami Sami

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:12 pm »
Agree with your post in general, but I still don't see Henderson as a wide player. That's still an area I think we lack real quality and numbers. Yes, we have players who can 'do a job' there, but I still believe we have one genuine wide player (Downing). Henderson, for me, is a central midfielder.

Anyway, that's off topic really.

Pleased with this. Good signing. Good price. One of our big weaknesses addressed.

That was what I thought at first about Henderson, interesting to see some of the Sunderland fans from Spyin Kop say differently though...

Porrohman: I think the deal for us was right. I think Liverpool have got themselves a good right midfielder. I don't think he is as effective as a central midfielder. My worry is that he will be played there and will get a mixed review.

The Situation: Yes, I do. He's 20, played over 70 games in the Premier League and has an England cap to his name. I think you need to play him in the 'Dirk Kuyt' position on the right to get the best of him, but there's plenty of time for that to happen.

With Enrique i've not really seen that much of him apart from the games against us - he obviously likes to get forward alot, but will that push Downing inside? Just a thought like...

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »
Yayyyy now we get to see the creepy medical pics!

oh you'd love to see jose medical pic wouldnt you *_*
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:57 pm »

I thought if there was transfer you could just leave your team as it is (Premierleague.com one)

if thats the case i have made a masterstroke in putting enrique in last week :D

Offline ztommyy

• Anny Roader
  • A♥A♣A♠
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:13 pm »
Yeh maybe we should buy some forwards now. (?) ;D Anyway it's a great purchase. At long last....
Let me tell you of our football team...

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »

I think you're right. I put him in purposely with Reina, Downing & Suarez.

Offline iheartthetoons

• Main Stander
  • Howay The Lads!
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »
Did Carroll get on the end of many of his crosses then?

Media had me believe it was all about Barton planting on his head.

yeah more so, but in my eyes jose has really really improved this year. he's a different player from the beginning of the season, so when carroll left, he was just about finding his best ability and him and jonas really really linked up, so i think he'll get a ton more assists this year.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:56 pm »
Delighted with this signing. Good player and we weren't ripped off.

Our squad depth is looking good now.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:04 pm »
Fuck off, humility?

Have you read what some of them c*nts on that forum have called us? He's saying we'd be the same if we lost a player to another club, we'd call people murderers and wall pushers would we? "anyone but Liverpool"? Why is that fucking necessary.

Would we fuck.

Humility my fucking arse.

Have you heard the one about tarring all with the same brush mate?

This bloke came on here to chat and give a bit of info about the player.

Did you see him hurling at abuse at anyone?

You basically took it on yourself to abuse him in retaliation for some shit some other people said.

Hardly makes you virtuous now does it?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:06 pm »
Another signing, another sign of FSG backing Kenny and much needed strength in depth (though he will be likely to be in the Starting XI). What odds that Aurelio stays fit now that he has an experienced rival for the LB spot?  :lickin

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:30 pm »
so glad that this happened, finally we have a strong left channel.. cheers

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:52 pm »
All of a sudden, Aurelio becomes the perfect second choice left back to be used sporadically.
Not sure on that, depends on your interpretation of "sporadic". With only one game a week mostly this season, I'd like to see Fabio stay injury-free and give us one last 08-09ish season of a LB masterclass. Particularly in the big games, where he always excels. If he does get a knock, then at least we know we have a very reliable option in Enrique to come in. From next season, Enrique will be first choice.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:57 pm »
thats just bitterness mate, every toon fan knows liverpool are a big club, and once again you've now got owners who will back your ambition. one day it'll come for newcastle, maybe we can hit a cup or something? haha
Really really hope Fat Ashley fucks off soon, disgrace what hes doing to yere club. We certainly know how frustrating shit owners can be. Obviously I'm not annoyed that weve got two of yere best players in the last 2 transfer windows ;D but it is both a pity and a farce that he is not re-investing any of the transfer money in the squad. Must be very frustrating as a toon supporter at the moment.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »
wow, that came out of the blue didn't it!!
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Mr Bojangles

• Main Stander
  • They mostly come at night you know..
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »
Just Cahill to go now and I'll be very happy with this window. Welcome José  :wave
Mostly..

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:04 pm »
Enrique instead of Clichy all day long.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:17 pm »
Fucks sake - I posted this earlier on, but got deleted becuase it was on Sky, then i'm the first to post it again and no-one has posted in this thread.

Im off to sulk somewhere. Anyone finds my dummy can you pass it back please :D

Great signing nontheless!!

Who gives a flying fuck who posts the topic...

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:57 pm »
just a central defender now and fuck fourth, we go for the title

I know Kenny and suarez will agree even if they don't  ;D
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2011, 02:14:15 pm »
I'd like to see Fabio stay injury-free

Good one. Enrique will be first choice
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline ztommyy

• Anny Roader
  • A♥A♣A♠
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2011, 02:14:22 pm »
Does anybody know a website or something where I can see the transfers of the PL together? I'm curious.
Let me tell you of our football team...

Offline iheartthetoons

• Main Stander
  • Howay The Lads!
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:00 pm »
dont know if you guys nkow, but enrique does have some problems with his hamstrings, he might struggle to play two games a week when you're in EL or CL season after next, i don't know if thats fullproof, but i remember it being bashed about ages ago. he does have a recurring hamstring problem but i think if its managed well its okay, hence one game a week mode. duno those, could be bullshit!!