Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3338165 times)

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16440 on: June 17, 2017, 01:06:29 am »
The only group of people on the planet who think we can and are trying to sign Mbappe

Who?
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16441 on: June 17, 2017, 08:45:52 am »
The only group of people on the planet who think we can and are trying to sign Mbappe

More concerned that so many seemed to think that Pogba wouldn't improve our midfield in that show listing every player in league who could improve us.

Mad shouts AOTS.

He's a different class to Gini.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16442 on: June 17, 2017, 04:09:54 pm »
Not quite what was said...

The argument was basically, why not, because we're a better next step than Madrid or Barca.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16443 on: June 17, 2017, 11:29:21 pm »
More concerned that so many seemed to think that Pogba wouldn't improve our midfield in that show listing every player in league who could improve us.

Mad shouts AOTS.

He's a different class to Gini.

i wouldnt want the pogba of last season anywhere near our midfield. lazy, ineffective and full of shite flicks. more interested in fuckin dabbing and daft handshakes. gini had a season for us that shits all over pogba's for united. it will take more than a friendly against england to show me that pogba has the mentality to be a top player. he certainly has the talent. i question is application.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16444 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:59 pm »
Latest gutter has dropped. Should cover the bulk of the commute  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16445 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:25 pm »
I don't know if it's me, but on the podcast app on iOS, podcasts download and then won't play.  Often have to delete them and download again.

Is this just me?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #16446 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:21 am »
Latest gutter has dropped. Should cover the bulk of the commute  :wave

Listening to it on my commute at the moment and had to say how little insight that Chelsea fan has into anything. Difficult to listen to, just pure waffle.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16447 on: June 22, 2017, 08:06:32 pm »
I don't know if it's me, but on the podcast app on iOS, podcasts download and then won't play.  Often have to delete them and download again.

Is this just me?
The most recent Gutter stopped with 25 minutes left. I can't get it to play even when I re-download it. As you say, not sure if it's my phone.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16448 on: June 22, 2017, 08:19:19 pm »
Interesting Alphabet Soup episode. Some really good local knowledge.

I did, however, find the Echo and Roy Evans chat a wee bit safe. The overt positivity rendered the discussion a bit glib. While all the comments were perfectly fair and well articulated, I feel that there wasn't enough focus on the alternative perspective. I'm not saying they should simply sit there and ruin a club stalwart like Evans, but there's a good deal to talk about how he possibly made some missteps in the market and how he may have struggled to manage some difficult players. It's a fascinating period of our history and I don't think it was given the full appraisal it deserved.

I know Stephen Evans is a regular contributor which is great, but that may mean a full discussion wasn't really possible. In which case, why bother?

Might be being a bit harsh, but hey.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16449 on: June 22, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »

Is this just me?

No, me as well. Sometimes, just the first line of speech then nothing and automatically jumps on to the next unplayed Pod  ???

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16450 on: June 23, 2017, 09:03:43 am »
Listening to it on my commute at the moment and had to say how little insight that Chelsea fan has into anything. Difficult to listen to, just pure waffle.

Yeah, i'm not her biggest fan as a contributor. I'm sure others like her though, so one of them, I guess.

Each to their own.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16451 on: June 23, 2017, 10:56:58 am »
Yeah, i'm not her biggest fan as a contributor. I'm sure others like her though, so one of them, I guess.

Each to their own.

I skipped over her and would do so on any of the Coach Home pods she was on previously. Not a fan.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16452 on: June 23, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »
Listening to Gareth and Mel on you tube.  Mel sounds great sped up to 1.25 and Gareth does a reasonable baghead at 0.75.  ;) Can you tell I can't get to sleep after nights
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16453 on: June 23, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »

Each to their own.

She's a Chelsea fan. Could be far worse.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16454 on: June 23, 2017, 06:50:35 pm »
She's a Chelsea fan. Could be far worse.
I thought this was one of her better appearances actually.  I wouldn't mind if they had one of those entitled Chelsea Mourinho fanboys on as a one-off.  Imagine the needle.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16455 on: June 24, 2017, 09:33:13 am »
I thought this was one of her better appearances actually.  I wouldn't mind if they had one of those entitled Chelsea Mourinho fanboys on as a one-off.  Imagine the needle.
Yeah she was alright.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #16456 on: June 24, 2017, 11:50:21 am »
Thought Rob sounded a bit disappointed on the Salah reaction podcast - confirmed by the CityTalk show!  ;D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16457 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:52 pm »
Discussing us signing Mbappe and spending 250 million like its a real thing. Bit tragic / weird

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16458 on: June 24, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »
AFQ Glastonbury was brilliant. Lad.... I know. Fucking funny.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #16459 on: June 24, 2017, 07:18:32 pm »
AFQ Glastonbury was brilliant. Lad.... I know. Fucking funny.

Yeah it was brilliant, had to save the second half for the last bit of my Friday night commute home as it was so good. Was in stitches throughout, Adam (Melia?) was hilarious.

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16460 on: June 25, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »
Discussing us signing Mbappe and spending 250 million like its a real thing. Bit tragic / weird

Discussing literally what has been reported. Neither.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #16461 on: June 26, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »
Thought the Ste Warnock pro view was excellent again.

I'd be absolutely fascinated to know whether he sees football as a job now or still something more aspirational than that. He talked at length about getting the new contract somewhere - let's assume that's lower Championship or top tier of League 1 - what does he hope to achieve now? Does he prioritise simply being in a job or does he go to each club regardless, thinking he can win a LDV vans or get a promotion?

I know it's difficult to talk money specifically, but again, the assumption is that Ste has played at a high enough level - for long enough - that he's financially set up for life. Be interested to know if someone like him who's been moderately successful will have to still be employed for the larger part of his life.
I went to school with a lad who was struggling with van driving jobs  in a 1 bed flat with girlfriend & baby who rang me in Ireland to tell me he had won Ł8 million on the lottery, about 1999. Moved to Spain, had all the cars and a yacht. Lives in a caravan in the black country driving lorries now. All the lads who poured money in to properties are made for life, but it is easy to pee it up the wall if you think it will always keep coming in. It usually doesn't.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #16462 on: June 26, 2017, 01:27:10 pm »
Discussing literally what has been reported. Neither.

Don't backtrack now, we're signing Mbappe and if we don't its all your fault.  ;)

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16463 on: June 29, 2017, 05:56:09 pm »
Quiz had potential but had to turn it off. I know it being a mess is kind of a tradition but became unlistenable far too quickly. Sounds like you had to be there... and we all weren't.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16464 on: June 29, 2017, 07:39:48 pm »
Absolutely loved the quiz. I felt Ben Johnnos pain

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16465 on: June 29, 2017, 10:55:43 pm »
I think while it remains a dream we have a marginal chance, if Zidane decides he doesn't want him this summer he might see a couple of years at us a good idea.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16466 on: June 30, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »
Quiz had potential but had to turn it off. I know it being a mess is kind of a tradition but became unlistenable far too quickly. Sounds like you had to be there... and we all weren't.

That was a problem indeed. The bickering makes it great but had to remove my earbuds at some point cause of the incredible noise and you couldn't understand anything anyways.

Still Ben Johnson stole the show, as always. That line of his in case they won was outrageously good. Was laughing for a good minute.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #16467 on: June 30, 2017, 12:34:51 pm »
Echo others' thoughts on the quiz. There was a couple of spells of about 4/5 minutes that were basically impossible to listen to. I had to take my earphones out a few times.

Do like the quizzes in general as the bickering can be funny but it was just a bit much on this occasion.

I would say that I think the final was a bit underwhelming, maybe Neil is running out of ideas for questions. :D

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16468 on: June 30, 2017, 02:15:19 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed the quiz fwiw.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16469 on: June 30, 2017, 03:43:17 pm »
I really enjoyed the quiz personally, found it hilarious and Mike Nevin's memory never ceases to amaze me, but I definitely didn't share Ben Johnson and Steve Graves' pain. They were being seriously sore losers! Had about 10 minutes to name 16 Championship sides which is not a difficult task, then repeated themselves which was stated as a forfeit. Where was the issue?!

Forza Guttman, forever underestimated.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16470 on: June 30, 2017, 10:30:13 pm »
Echo others' thoughts on the quiz. There was a couple of spells of about 4/5 minutes that were basically impossible to listen to. I had to take my earphones out a few times.

Do like the quizzes in general as the bickering can be funny but it was just a bit much on this occasion.

I would say that I think the final was a bit underwhelming, maybe Neil is running out of ideas for questions. :D
I've liked them in the past but hated this one.  The bickering wasn't funny it was just obnoxious and difficult to listen to.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16471 on: June 30, 2017, 11:13:11 pm »
"They're whispering to each other!!!"

No Rob, they're conferring... Ha!! Enjoyed the quiz.

I listen to TAW on the way to and from work, and normally turn it off when I get home until next time but had to listen to the rest of the quiz. Really funny. Struggled to hear at times - didn't understand what was funny about Bristol City, couldn't hear any of that.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16472 on: July 1, 2017, 03:46:46 pm »
On the quiz, I bossed the half-time scores. Beat them all. Genuinely think I got them all correct. An odd part of my brain remembers so many Liverpool-related facts in a really strange way.

As a show it was a mess but certainly entertaining. Possibly a little too loud at times.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16473 on: July 2, 2017, 10:08:38 am »
When they were one, two Championship teams away from winning it I was shouting " Rotherham, Wigan. Just think of the teams that were relegated. "  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #16474 on: July 2, 2017, 10:19:38 am »
Are there any way to download the podcasts at all rather than stream?
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16475 on: July 2, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »
Can't help feeling that Beer 52 got a little too much AFQ exposure out of their freebie offer this week.  They were practically asking 'just how delicious *is* this stuff?' by the end.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #16476 on: July 2, 2017, 01:43:32 pm »
Your podcast app should give you that option. I do it with all my podcasts as the signal on my commute is sketchy.

Thanks mate.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16477 on: July 2, 2017, 06:34:20 pm »
Great discussion about safe standing, I agreed with everything Gareth said. Good on TAW for taking the subject on.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16478 on: July 2, 2017, 06:39:14 pm »
Can't help feeling that Beer 52 got a little too much AFQ exposure out of their freebie offer this week.  They were practically asking 'just how delicious *is* this stuff?' by the end.

Agreed. I dont mind sponsors but the summer podcasts have been sparse so to add this much sponsor talk is a bit shit imo.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16479 on: July 2, 2017, 09:12:46 pm »
Agreed. I dont mind sponsors but the summer podcasts have been sparse so to add this much sponsor talk is a bit shit imo.

Summer podcasts sparse? Really?

I only commented to my mate the other day that the amount of shows that have been coming out during the break is brilliant. I'm not exactly sure how, but they make it seem so easy to keep the content output the same with a lot less to cover.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.