Author Topic: Liverpool Women FC (*)  (Read 617576 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC (*)
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2013, 02:11:58 pm »
Liverpool Ladies FC ‏@LFCladies
Game underway: First opportunity through ball from Jess Clarke to Cantrell who crossed to Hamilton who was inches away from it

7 mins gone Goal cross from Williams Dowie header 0-1

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: April 14, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »
Good article in the Guardian today about Liverpool Ladies:

Full-time Liverpool aiming to shake up Women's Super League

Liverpool Ladies have finished bottom of the FA Women's Super League for two years running, but the club are still the envy of perennial winners Arsenal Ladies. For when Liverpool Ladies take on Lincoln Ladies on Sunday in the first FAWSL game of the season, they will run on to the pitch as the only side in the league to be training full time. Even Arsenal, trailblazers in women's football, train only twice a week.

Investment from Liverpool FC, bringing the Ladies in-house this season for the first time, has indicated a strong commitment to supporting women's football, elevating the team's status from serial no-hopers to potential Champions League material. Throw in a training session with Brendan Rodgers and the men's first team, the announcement that Anfield is to stage its first women's football game when Liverpool host Arsenal in the semi-finals of the FA Cup on 26 April, plus a new home in the form of the 13,000-seater Halton Stadium, shared with rugby league's Widnes Vikings, and Liverpool look like a club to watch in the coming seasons.

The manager, Matt Beard, previously in charge at Chelsea Ladies, says he could not hope for a better working environment. "It's not a PR stunt; it's genuinely what the club are trying to do," he says of the training session with Rodgers and his team. "Sometimes when these events happen, it's set up and the people go through the motions; it wasn't like that. People enjoyed it and they treated each other like colleagues. You probably saw the picture of Luis Suárez going in for a tackle on Gemma Bonner, it was a great experience … I know all the staff would like to do it again."

Beard says Rodgers has kept in touch, with an open invitation to watch the men train anytime. "It's good for my development to watch world-class coaches coach. I know it sounds a bit corny, but this one-club mentality really exists, everyone wants to do well."

Having brought in six foreign players for the new season, raising the number of Liverpool's recruits to 12, Beard has had to adapt to the challenges of working with a mix of nationalities in his dressing room. "Just being able to talk to Brendan Rodgers about managing different cultures – because he's been in Spain and he worked at Chelsea when they started signing all the kids coming through from abroad – to be able to speak to a Premier League manager about things like that, I would never have got that at Chelsea."

From working as an estate agent to pay the bills during his days as Chelsea manager to a full-time post with Liverpool – with backroom staff, and administrative and marketing support – life has changed dramatically for Beard over the past six months. "My wife used to get the hump – I'd come in from work and be straight on the computer working for Chelsea, whereas now I've got the hours to do the job I need to do, plan out my training sessions properly, and I've still got time to have my family life as well."

The full-time approach is paying dividends for the team, too. England internationals Fara Williams and Natasha Dowie, niece of former Crystal Palace manager Iain, transferred their allegiance across the Merseyside divide to join from Everton, lured by the offer of full-time training, and the team's fitness levels are up, which Beard believes will have a big effect over the summer. "This year's going to be the best competition ever with all the investment that's gone into the clubs," says Beard, who cites the Olympic effect as having helped to raise the profile of the women's game. "Faye White [the former England and Arsenal captain] described us as almost a completely new team, with the 12 new players, so it will take us a while to gel, but a top-half finish is the minimum requirement this season."

In June, the FA will announce which teams have secured contracts to be in the FAWSL next season. "Hopefully we'll be selected and we can put together a four-year plan after that," says Beard. "The ambition of the club is to be playing in the Champions League and, next year, competing for the title."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/13/liverpool-ladies-fa-womens-super-league
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 14, 2013, 02:26:35 pm »
9 mins 30 yard strike from Fara Williams just wide 0 - 1

Lincoln Ladies FC ‏@Ladyimps
10- good run from Clarke, she beats 3 before firing wide.

13 mins Liverpool corner well in by Louise Fors, results in 2nd corner. Fara Williams put it undere the bar, Lincoln scramble it away.

Lincoln Ladies FC ‏@Ladyimps
20- top save from Bardsley low down to her left. Great drive dr the Liverpool midfielder 25 yards out. Corner drifts out for a goal kick

20 mins. Turn by Dowie passes to Rolser whose quick shot brought out a great save from Bardsley 0-1

22 mins Louise fors corner, Bardsley juggled it but ball was eventually cleared. 0-1

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: April 14, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »
Winning 1-0 at HT and sounding very comfortable indeed. It should be game over by the sounds of it.

Twitter comms are quiet today unfortunately.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 14, 2013, 04:01:34 pm »
1-0 FT  8)

Top of the table #nosebleed

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #485 on: April 14, 2013, 04:05:38 pm »
1-0 FT  8)

Top of the table #nosebleed
;D

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 14, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »
Liverpool off to a great start

Liverpool picked up 3 points at Lincoln from a Natasha Dowie header on 7 minutes. The wind greatly influenced play, Liverpool dominated the first half and their defence controlled the game in the second, Liverpool’s centre backs were solid.

Lincoln had the first opportunity of the game when Jess Clarke put a through ball to Carla Cantrell who crossed but Precious Hamilton just failed to get a foot to it.

From then on it was all Liverpool and we did not have to wait long for a goal to come. On 7 minutes Fara Williams whipped in a cross and Natasha Dowie headed home to open the scoring. Liverpool continued to come forward and two minutes later a 30 yard strike from Fara Williams went just wide.

Lincoln struggled to get the ball into the Liverpool half and when they did they were restricted to long range shots. On 13 minutes Liverpool forced a corner, Louise Fors delivered the ball just under the bar but Lincoln managed to head it out for a corner on the other side. This time Fara Williams whipped it in under the bar but somehow Lincoln managed to scramble it clear.

Liverpool were attacking from all sides, on 18 minutes Fara slid it through to Katrin who laid it off to Corina Schroder whose shot was saved by Bardsley. Two minutes later Natasha Dowie turned and released the ball to Nicole Rolser who hit the ball on the run, only a spectacular save by England’s keeper Karen Bardsley kept the ball from going into the bottom corner.

On 35 minutes a Natasha Dowie strike rocketed off the post, the ball ricocheted around before a Katrin strike was again saved by Bardsley. The England trio of Bardsley, Bradley and Stoney were keeping Lincoln in the game. Half came could not come soon enough for Lincoln.

HT Lincoln 0 Liverpool 1

Corina Schroder started to feel the effects of a previous injury so manager Matt Beard brought her off at the start of the second half as a precaution, Lucy Bronze took her place.

The wind was just as strong in the second half. Liverpool gained a corner after 5 minutes. Fara Williams struggled to get the ball to stay still to take the corner. The ball moved just as she struck it and it tamely went out of play.

The change in ends evened the game but the Liverpool defence remained calm and cool and Lincoln failed to convert any possession they had into clear cut chances.

Liverpool brought Lillie Fenlon-Billson on for Nicole Rolser on 72 minutes and Jess Holbrook for Louise Fors on 79 minutes. Liverpool had good possession in the closing stages of the match and professionally controlled the game.

The fourth official indicated 4 minutes of extra time. Lincoln’s last chance came when Becky Easton slid in on Jess Clarke and the ref yellow carded Becky and awarded a free kick. Bonnie Horwood delivered the kick but Casey Stoney failed to get on the end of it and the ball went in to touch.

The ref blew giving Liverpool 3 well deserved points.

FT: Lincoln 0 Liverpool 1 - liverpoolladiesfc.com

Liverpool Team:
Quantill, Engen, Williams, Bonner ©, Omarsdottir, Dowie, Fors (79 mins Holbrook), Rolser (72 min, Fenlon-Billson), Easton, Da Costa, Schroder (46 min, Bronze)
Subs:Gibbons, Bronze, Brussell, Holbrook, Keryakoplis, Riccio

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: April 15, 2013, 06:30:24 pm »
14/04/13

Lincoln Ladies          0:1          Liverpool Ladies   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h7RMrCx09gI?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h7RMrCx09gI?fs=1</a>

Birmingham City Ladies       1:1      Chelsea Ladies         highlights

Other Results:
Bristol Academy      3:2       Everton Ladies (FA Cup QF)
Arsenal Ladies        0:2       VfL Wolfsburg Frauen (WCL Semi 1st leg)

Upcoming Fixtures:           
18/04/13 - Bristol Academy                  vs        Everton Ladies
20/04/13 - Doncaster Rovers Belles     vs       Chelsea Ladies
21/04/13 - Birmingham City Ladies       vs       Lincoln Ladies

20/04/13 - Liverpool Ladies       P-P       Arsenal Ladies  (due to Arsenal's WCL semi)

Links:
Liverpool Ladies - twitter, facebook, youtube
FA WSL - twitter, facebook, youtube
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:32:00 pm by kellan »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2013, 05:50:10 pm »
Liverpool Ladies have released the following ticket details for the FA Women's Cup semi-final with Arsenal, to be played at Anfield on April 26, kick off 7pm.

Ticket prices are as follows:

Adults - £4
Over 65s - £4
Juniors - £1
Disabled/ambulant - £3

Tickets can be purchased by calling 0843 170 5555 (overseas +44 151 907 9399) or by visiting the ticket office.

LFC season ticket holders will be able to gain entry for free to this fixture providing they bring their season ticket card to the game.

Please note that tickets for this match will be unreserved seating.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2013, 11:46:29 am »
Talking to Amanda DaCosta

American midfielder Amanda Da Costa says Friday’s FA Women’s Cup semi-final is a marker of how far the new-look Liverpool Ladies team have already come this season.

The New Yorker has featured in the Reds’ wins at Aston Villa (5-0) and Sunderland (2-1) which have set up their semi with Arsenal at Anfield.

“Any club would love to be in a semi-final,” she says. “It shows how far Liverpool Ladies have come - even being in the semi-final is a very big deal. But you don’t want to ever be happy with anything less than a championship and playing in the final is now on our radar.”

Da Costa says the Reds have had to work hard to win their two ties so far with their ability to overcome difficult conditions playing a big part.

“In the first match at Aston Villa, the pitch was completely covered in mud and it was really difficult to play on. I feel like all of our games so far have had some weather element to them that have challenged us a little bit. It wasn’t really comfortable playing against them but just getting our feet wet in the FA Cup and playing together in an environment that wasn’t a pre-season friendly was exciting. You can’t complain when you find a way to score five goals in a game in those conditions.”

Next came a difficult assignment at Premier League leaders Sunderland.

“That was a tough match. They’re a team that is used to winning games and have always been at the top of their division and doing well, so it was tough again especially going into their backyard on a windy day where the weather conditions levelled the playing field.

“They gave us a battle. We went up early but it wasn’t enough and it definitely tested our wherewithal and we had to rely on our fight rather than our football. But we were able to pull it out in the end and that says a lot about our team.”

However, Da Costa knows the Reds will have their work cut out against a team that has dominated the women’s football scene in the UK for the past two decades.

“Ever since I arrived in England, the name Arsenal has been mentioned a lot - not just from my team-mates but by the press too. I know that they are a very, very talented team and that they are, without a doubt, going to be our biggest challenge so far. But I think it’s an exciting time for us. We’re a new team and we’re still learning things about each other but we’re all hoping things will click for us and go our way, so we are all looking forward to it.”

An added bonus is the chance to play at Anfield.

“It’s such an amazing opportunity and I couldn’t even imagine that happening when I came here. We went out onto the pitch at half-time of the men’s game against Tottenham in March but never imagined we would end up playing there. That day was just amazing and this is going to be amazing too.

“We were all a little shocked when we discovered the venue. I got the text message and just smiled and thought:‘That’s awesome!’

“I don’t think Arsenal would complain about playing at Anfield either. No-one would pass that up and it’s a cool opportunity for them as well.” - liverpoolladiesfc.com

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2013, 11:48:11 am »
Insight from the Gaffer

First team manager, Matt Beard, discusses the positive direction of his new group, and how the Lady Reds are continuing to improve.

The Liverpool Ladies have been turning heads with their new look squad. Upon becoming part of the Liverpool FC family, the Ladies continue to make strides each day thanks to the effort of the staff and man-in-charge, Matt Beard.

Beard has seen success thus far with his new squad, as he prepares to face his biggest challenge yet: the coveted FA Cup Semi-Final vs. Arsenal this Friday. The Gaffer took some time to discuss the positive direction of the team, where we will give you a chance to see an inside perspective on how the Liverpool Ladies are getting on.

Having all new members in the first team (retaining only a handful of last years squad), you could imagine the challenge of finding unity within the group. The initial challenge Beard was faced with, was simply getting his new team to act as one.

“I've been pleased how we have been progressing. There is still plenty that we need to work on, and areas that require some fine-tuning, but all of that is going to take us time. The team has a great bond, and sometimes that is half the battle in football. I think you can see that togetherness they have when they are on the pitch.”

The togetherness Beard speaks of was certainly a characteristic of the group early on, as his new-look squad posted a statement of a win when they took on Aston Villa in the quarterfinal of the FA Cup. The Lady Reds went on to beat Villa 5-0, and there was no stopping there as they picked up 2 more wins against Sunderland and Lincoln respectively.

“The Sunderland game showed how important it is for us to play as a unit. We dominated the first half without really hurting them, and we didn't work hard enough to stop them from putting together good attacks. That gave them some confidence for the second half, and once Sunderland equalized, we showed fantastic character and fully deserved to go on and win it in the end.

Our next match was the first of league play, and it was a tough first fixture, especially as Lincoln has been off to a good start. They don't have the biggest squad in terms of numbers, but they have a strong 11, so I was pleased with the 90 minutes overall and the 1-0 win on the road.”

Having a pleasing start with strong performances from his squad so far, the Gaffer is hopeful for the future of the team. The Ladies have put themselves in a position to take on the returning Champions, the Arsenal Ladies, in an FA Cup semi-final clash. Competing in such a prestigious Cup is honorable for the club, and Beard expresses his confidence in his group while all the while being humble about their new beginning together.

“I feel that everyone involved within this team wants to win trophies. We have to be realistic in saying that and understand that it is going to take us some time being a new group, but I do genuinely believe we can beat

any team on our day. In terms of this season, we are looking to finish in the top four as a minimum target, and we also have the potential to go all the way in one of the cups. I feel that with each game we have gotten better, but we know that there is still plenty of room for improvement.”

The Ladies are back to work this week as they are preparing for the FA Cup semifinal match vs. Arsenal, as well as the rest of the season. The backroom staff is keen on the progress the team has made, and are hopeful to continue that progress this weekend. - liverpoolladiesfc.com

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:02 am »
They're not free to watch unfortunately:

Amanda DaCosta LFCTV (6min:40) - 'I can see Coutinho similarities'

Matt Beard LFCTV (7min:30) - 'We can beat anyone on our day'

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2013, 12:43:41 pm »
Anyone going on Friday, then?
I'm going. Surprising news, I know. And I've mentally claimed my seat so I better not find anybody from RAWK sat on it.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2013, 01:09:25 pm »
Is this a two legged semi final?
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »
Is it on the welly?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »
Is this a two legged semi final?
Nope, just the one game.

Is it on the welly?
Nope, it's be at Anfield or miss it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »
Fascist.

;)

(I have to move back to Libpool!!!)

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »
Nope, just the one game.

Seems a bit unfair to have it at Anfield then!! Good luck to the girls though.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2013, 08:09:05 pm »
Fascist.

;)

(I have to move back to Libpool!!!)

Where? ;)
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:25 pm »
Tit...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »
...hebarn Street? :wave

Shush, thats too close to home.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »
I'm so happy for the ladies! Well done to them(including the ones who were let go), the club and everyone associated with all this for actively looking to advance women's football and making it more competitive and a viable career choice!

It felt a while ago that I had the following complaint and honestly- I couldn't imagine the club being so determined to invest in the ladies!:

They trained just twice per week? No wonder they're... not very good. Was playing lowest local division girls football in Germany and we trained three times a week.

That's the thing, I notice the ladies are frequently beaten by the likes of Arsenal and so forth, who are united with the rest of Arsenal FC and follow the same principles, direction, philosphy, training regime etc...

It's not fair, if they don't. I just have that suspicion.

BRAVO!!
Bring on L'Arse! Let's have these tits!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2013, 10:09:48 pm »
I'm so happy for the ladies! Well done to the ladies, the club and everyone associated with all this for actively looking to advance women's football and making it more competitive and a viable career choice!

It felt a while ago that I had the following complaint and honestly- I couldn't imagine the club being so determined to invest in the ladies!:

BRAVO!!
Bring on L'Arse! Let's have these tits!

Very possibly the most incorrect call to arms in a womens football thread :)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:28 am »
'It's an honour to manage at Anfield'

Ahead of their Women's FA Cup semi-final with Arsenal at Anfield on Friday night, we caught up with Liverpool Ladies boss Matt Beard - who explained why he is hoping the support of the Kop can help his charges beat the best women's team in the country.

The close season saw a remarkable transformation of the Reds' ladies team with a virtual new side - and indeed squad - assembled, but the clash with the Gunners will be their toughest test yet.

Arsenal are the team to beat in women's football and are reigning Super League champions.

The game on Friday night kicks off at 7pm BST, and Beard is hoping his team can embrace the Anfield experience and claim a famous victory.

Matt, Anfield beckons in the Women's FA Cup semi-final - how much are you looking forward to it?

We can't wait now. We have worked hard to get there to start with. Our preparation and training has been good this week and we are looking forward to the occasion. Hopefully we can make it to the FA Cup final.

How did getting the chance to play at Anfield come about?

It's actually classed as a neutral venue, believe it or not. The FA sorted it with the two clubs directly and for our players and the Arsenal players it will be a great occasion - and for me to manage a Liverpool team at Anfield will be a great honour.

This season already you have met Brendan Rodgers, trained with the first team and now have the opportunity to savour the Anfield experience - does it get much better than that?

Only if we go on and win the game and then go on to win the trophy. The support from the club and from Brendan towards me has been brilliant. I can't ask for any more and we are looking forward to the occasion.

Arsenal are the opposition...just how good are they?

They are a good side. They have dominated the women's game in England for many years now. Chelsea are now looking to challenge them and we are making giant steps in the right direction. I think they are a little bit weaker than they were last season because Kelly Smith is out injured and Katie Chapman is pregnant, which is a big loss for them. When I was with Chelsea last year we beat them in the FA Cup semi-final. They come into the game on the back of two defeats in the Women's Champions League, so I think we've got a good chance. I've watched quite a few of their games recently and not much has changed from the way they normally play. They are an established group who have been together for a long time and I guess that's the advantage they will have on the night over us with us being such a new group.

You have been in superb form so far this season - just how do you go about trying to beat Arsenal?

First and foremost our preparation is going to be exactly the same as it is for any normal game. For the players it's just giving them that little bit of belief. We sat down this week and showed them clips of Arsenal's strengths and weaknesses and how we can exploit that. We have been working hard on the training pitch to make sure we are solid and get our game plan right. As long as we stick to our game plan, I'm confident we can win the game. The players have got to have that belief and, to be fair to them, all season and in the pre-season they have been spot on in the games, so I'm confident within the group they have that in their locker mentally.

While there may be one or two nerves amongst the players, do you think playing at Anfield will inspire them?

It's a fantastic stadium and the history is there. One of the first things I did when I got the group together is to make sure we took the squad to Anfield and took the tour to teach everyone about the club's history. Unless you work for this club or support the club, you don't know what football means to the fans and this city. The players need to understand that. We've got a great opportunity as a football club to write our own history and what better place to start than at Anfield by beating Arsenal to reach the FA Cup final?

For the Liverpool fans in your squad, is this extra special for them?

I guess so as their dream is to play at the stadium - but once we get there and once that whistle goes we've got a job to do. We've got to be professional and we've got to play the game and not the occasion.

What would it mean to take this team all the way through to the final?

It would be a really big achievement because this is a new group. We haven't had that many competitive games prior to the FA Cup semi-final. If you look at the men's format, the final is one of the last games of the season so it's a great opportunity to win a trophy early. If we can do that then I think that can kick us on for the rest of the season to challenge for the league title as well.

You know what it's like to take a team to the final at the expense of Arsenal having done it with Chelsea last year...

No-one expected it at Chelsea and funnily enough Arsenal were in the same sort of form coming into that game as they had been knocked out of the Champions League. I can draw on that experience of last year but with us there's no real pressure to win the game. It will be a good benchmark to see exactly how we have progressed and we'll see how we go on the night. - liverpoolfc.com

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 26, 2013, 01:22:18 pm »
 :-[   :sad

I expect updates, young lady!

:scarf

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 27, 2013, 01:34:32 am »
Just seen that we lost 2-1 to Arsenal in the semis- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22319995

Sounded like the scoreline flattered us but i think the ladies have done really well to have pushed Arsenal that close.

Hopefully we'll be a lot closer to Arsenal's level in the next couple of years and go on and win it.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2013, 07:34:08 am »
Disappointed, but not in any way disheartened because what I saw last night was extremely encouraging indeed. We were the better team for periods of the game but the final scoreline was a fair one. Big things are on the horizon though, we just need a little time  :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »
All sounds good. Really looking forward to seeing how we do this year in the league. Rhi, Kellan - based on what you saw last night, do you think top three is realistic?

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 27, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »
Think there will be a lot more interest if we can just get some decent results dislike the arsenal domination

Hopefully we'll be competitive in the WSL
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 27, 2013, 08:08:38 pm »
Two pieces of news which came yesterday but I completely forgot to post because last night's game was distracting me...

1) The fixture list has been rejigged slightly and we now have league game away at Arsenal on the 7th May. It's being played at the Emirates.

2) The FA have announced which clubs will be in WSL 1 and the soon to be created WSL 2 for the 2014 season:

WSL 1: Arsenal Ladies FC, Birmingham City Ladies FC, Bristol Academy Women’s FC, Chelsea Ladies FC, Everton Ladies FC, Notts County Ladies FC  (formerly known as Lincoln Ladies FC), Liverpool Ladies FC, Manchester City Ladies FC

WSL 2: Aston Villa Ladies FC, Doncaster Rovers Belles Ladies FC, Durham Women’s FC, London Bees Women’s FC (Barnet FC), Millwall Lionesses FC, Oxford United Women’s FC, Reading Women’s FC, Sunderland Women’s FC, Watford Ladies FC, Yeovil Town Ladies FC

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 27, 2013, 10:31:12 pm »
Oh! Just been reminded of this by being ID'd in Tesco just now, but... the steward told me I could easily get in on a kid's ticket.

I'M TWENTY SIX!

Hahahahahaha.

Old bastard

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: April 27, 2013, 11:26:12 pm »
Oh! Just been reminded of this by being ID'd in Tesco just now, but... the steward told me I could easily get in on a kid's ticket.

I'M TWENTY SIX!

Hahahahahaha.
Worst chat-up line ever ;D

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 28, 2013, 12:28:01 am »
Worst chat-up line ever ;D

I'm sure i've said worse to her...

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 4, 2013, 10:11:52 am »
Liverpool vs Doncaster Preview (Continental Cup)

The Ladies turn their attention to the Continental Cup clash with the Doncaster Rovers Belles, this Saturday at 7.15pm.

The Liverpool Ladies are back at it again this weekend, as they take on the Doncaster Rovers Belles on Saturday in a Continental Cup clash.

After falling to a world-class Arsenal side last weekend 2-1 in the FA Cup Semifinals, the Ladies are looking forward to bouncing back stronger than ever. The Lady Red’s are back to training this week, where manager Matt Beard is hopeful that is group can take the positives from the loss as they prepare for their next fixture.

“I know the group is mentally strong so we will bounce back. We analyzed the game as a group so we can learn from our mistakes, and our attention is now turned to Doncaster.”

The Liverpool Ladies are still fairly new in their development, and the match versus Arsenal proved to be their biggest challenge of late. The 90 minute battle at Anfield gave Beard even more confidence in his group than before:

“Considering how strong Arsenal is, we have nothing or no-one to fear in this division and I feel we have moved on more than expected. “

The Continental Cup clash with Doncaster will be no less of a challenge. While Arsenal had experience on their side, the Rovers Belles have young players who are willing to put up a fight. Having recently come off of a 1-1 tie with FA WSL front-runners, Chelsea, Doncaster has faired well on the pitch and will be a tough match for the Ladies.

“Doncaster is a young side who have no fear. I went to watch them against Chelsea on Sunday night, and they created dangerous chances for themselves in the first half. We will have to out fight them on the night if we want to win and put ourselves in a strong position in this group.”

The match will bring the Ladies back to their home ground at Halton Stadium, with a 715 PM kick off. Come and check out the live action, or follow us on twitter (@LFCladies) for news, updates, and giveaways.

Halton Stadium - Lower House Ln, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 7DZ

Adults : £5.00
Concessions : £2.50

Tickets can be purchased at the turnstiles.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 09:26:31 am by kellan »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: May 4, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »
:thumbup

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 7, 2013, 09:23:29 am »
Liverpool Ladies v Doncaster Rovers Belles Match Programme

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ut-t5HoA_mA?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ut-t5HoA_mA?fs=1</a>

The table after game 1 and 2:

The final game is away at Chelsea on the 19th. Doncaster v Everton is the day before. The top two teams go through to the semis. Group winners play the runner up from the other group.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 7, 2013, 09:28:19 am »
Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview (WSL)

The Liverpool Ladies look to take on Arsenal Tuesday night at the Emirates Stadium, after battling Doncaster to a 1-0 win.

The Liverpool Ladies certainly have their work cut out for them as they prepare for a long stretch of games after their recent victory over Doncaster this weekend.

The Ladies had the run of play for the majority of the game on Saturday night, but couldn’t find a way to finish their chances. A tough Doncaster side battled for the full duration of the match, which made for a nervous 90 minutes as the Ladies held on to a lone Natasha Dowie goal.

“It was always going to be a tough game against Doncaster,”

Manager Matt Beard chimes in about his team’s performance in a post-game interview.

“I was pleased with the performance overall, especially in the 2nd half with the way we kept possession.”

After only having a couple of days to assess his teams performance before taking the road to Emirates Stadium where the Ladies will face Arsenal for the 2nd time in 2 weeks, Beard was positive about the outcome against Doncaster and now brings his attention to Tuesday night.

“We played Arsenal not so long ago and they’ve played Lincoln since then. It’s given me an opportunity to watch that game, and I think we will be prepared for Tuesday night.”

The Ladies faced Arsenal in the historic Anfield stadium where they came up short 2-1, in the FA Cup Semifinal. The match was fairly even throughout the duration of the 90 minutes, with the experienced Arsenal side being able to pull out the win and advance to the Finals.

“I felt that apart from the goals we conceded we played good football. We worked hard in training last week on what we needed to improve on, and those improvements in our team performance showed in the 2nd half against Doncaster.”

Having only 2 days between games prove to be a challenge for the Lady Red’s, but Beard is confident that his team is prepared for the tie.

“We had 2 weeks prior to the Semi Final to prepare for Arsenal, so we have done plenty of homework on them and are ready for the match.”

Just as Arsenal came to Liverpool to tread on the pristine Anfield, the Liverpool Ladies now travel to Arsenal and their Emirates Stadium. The Arsenal Ladies play one match a year at the men’s ground, and the venue adds a bit of excitement to the FA WSL regular season match up.

If you aren’t making the trip to Emirates Stadium this Tuesday night, be sure to follow our live twitter feed @LFCladies for match updates and results! The Liverpool vs. Arsenal clash kicks off at 7 PM - liverpoolladiesfc.com

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 7, 2013, 09:33:29 am »
Wish they'd televise the games on LFCTV like they do with the U18s and U21s, or at least stream them online. I know ESPN have some of the rights, but for the other games it'd make sense to build on the interest that's been generated this season.