Author Topic: Liverpool Women FC (*)  (Read 619787 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Liverpool Ladies v Everton at Anfield
« Reply #2720 on: November 17, 2019, 04:19:41 pm »
Everton's captain booked for a snidey challenge

Everton have another shot and Preuss in goal looked decidely uncertain, though managed to get hold of it at the second attempt
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2721 on: November 17, 2019, 04:27:11 pm »
Babjide has been brilliant since she's come on

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2722 on: November 17, 2019, 04:29:04 pm »
Feisty this getting is.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2723 on: November 17, 2019, 04:29:59 pm »
23,500 attendance today

Impressive stuff.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2724 on: November 17, 2019, 04:39:44 pm »
Aaaarggh. Charles so close there

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2725 on: November 17, 2019, 04:43:25 pm »
Liverpool throwing everything forward and doing really well, but Everton defending well

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2726 on: November 17, 2019, 04:45:50 pm »
The final ball from Liverpool has been shocking.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2727 on: November 17, 2019, 04:49:58 pm »
Charles should have had that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2728 on: November 17, 2019, 04:51:55 pm »
Liverpool with another late chance but it comes to nothing

3 minutes injury time

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2729 on: November 17, 2019, 04:52:47 pm »
Should have been 2-0 to Everton that

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2730 on: November 17, 2019, 04:53:47 pm »
Full time

Liverpool 0 - Everton 1

Cracking game. The quality of the football was excellent.

Unlucky Reds.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2731 on: November 17, 2019, 04:53:55 pm »
Keeper the difference

Not a new thing to the women’s game

Attacking was terrible though. If the ‘shoot from orbit’ policy is going to be implemented maybe practice shooting
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2732 on: November 17, 2019, 04:54:56 pm »
Some really nice football from the Reds but looked completely toothless sadly. Didn't deserve to lose but then the keepers are always a wild card in the women's game.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Liverpool Women 2018-19 season updates (*)
« Reply #2733 on: November 17, 2019, 05:08:01 pm »
Football is cruel sometimes.

If I was Jepson i'd change keepers next match. Show that it's time for players to take responsibility and perform. No more Ms Nice Luv.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2734 on: November 17, 2019, 05:23:40 pm »
You know it's not the men because Everton won at Anfield!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Ladies 0 v Everton 1 - at Anfield FT.
« Reply #2735 on: November 17, 2019, 09:50:25 pm »
Did everything but score.  I would have been apocalyptic if Everton had nicked another at the death.  They would have got nowt if our keeper hadn't decided to do a Karius impression.

We had a lot of energy but no end product.  Saw a lot of crosses go in but nobody was on the end of any of them as far as I could see.  A bit of focus up top and we could have had three goals though.  We played reasonably well I thought.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2736 on: November 17, 2019, 10:47:56 pm »
Cracking game. The quality of the football was excellent.
Compared to...?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2737 on: November 18, 2019, 12:36:36 am »
Obviously a real gut-wrentching defeat in the most high profile game of the season. No shame with being being City, Chelsea and Arsenal but we should be competing with the rest of the teams.

Hopefully this defeat, and our predicament will start to concentrate minds and we might actually start improving things.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2738 on: November 18, 2019, 08:50:02 am »
Obviously a real gut-wrentching defeat in the most high profile game of the season. No shame with being being City, Chelsea and Arsenal but we should be competing with the rest of the teams.

Hopefully this defeat, and our predicament will start to concentrate minds and we might actually start improving things.
It'll get worse before it gets better. Same happened to Everton themselves not long ago......things tend to cycle around a bit more swiftly in the women's game, it's still a turbulent kinda lottery thing, until the big guns invest more in things like infrastructure (training, facilities, etc)

Good times though are coming, to women's football in general.......provided they are taken seriously enough by the bean counters.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: November 18, 2019, 09:25:12 am »
Next four league games: Arsenal A, City A, West Ham H, Chelsea H. Four of the current top 3. Not a nice run regardless but it is especially poor timing off the back of yesterday because whatever good it did us can't now be made the most of. The West Ham game will be interesting because they are very hot and cold. But it looks a good bet that we will be bottom going into the Christmas break.

First four leagues games after the Christmas break: Brighton A, United H, Bristol H, Birmingham A. The other three teams currently making up bottom 4 with ourselves. Self-explanatory how key this month will be. Would be very nice for us to go into it having signed a few reinforcements.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2740 on: November 18, 2019, 09:48:31 am »
Quick question

Have the womens team been included in the provisions when the training facility moves from Melwood to Kirkby?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2741 on: November 18, 2019, 10:02:17 am »
Quick question

Have the womens team been included in the provisions when the training facility moves from Melwood to Kirkby?

I don't believe so (please correct me if this is wrong) which I think is a big oversight, especially when the aim was to create "One Liverpool".
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: November 18, 2019, 12:41:47 pm »
Pretty sure no is the correct answer. I've been keeping an eye on it for a while and haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. But I'll check again and see if anything has changed from when I last asked around.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2743 on: November 18, 2019, 12:49:56 pm »
Was at the game last night. Am ashamed to say I left at half time "for personal reasons" (ą la VVD). We looked really good in the first half, esp. in defense and midfield, but a bit toothless in attack. Where was Rinsola? Is she injured?

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: November 18, 2019, 12:59:55 pm »
Quick question

current team have better training facility then our title winning teams and nicer stadium week in week out too. remember we played and trained at plastic pitches at widnes.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: November 18, 2019, 01:07:16 pm »
Next four league games: Arsenal A, City A, West Ham H, Chelsea H. Four of the current top 3. Not a nice run regardless but it is especially poor timing off the back of yesterday because whatever good it did us can't now be made the most of. The West Ham game will be interesting because they are very hot and cold. But it looks a good bet that we will be bottom going into the Christmas break.

First four leagues games after the Christmas break: Brighton A, United H, Bristol H, Birmingham A. The other three teams currently making up bottom 4 with ourselves. Self-explanatory how key this month will be. Would be very nice for us to go into it having signed a few reinforcements.

This is the thing. haven't played any good teams yet bottom of the table without a single goal all season. maybe she is just a good coach not a managerial material?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2746 on: November 18, 2019, 02:49:51 pm »
current team have better training facility then our title winning teams and nicer stadium week in week out too. remember we played and trained at plastic pitches at widnes.

Oh not knocking Tranmere or their facilities. More the club again not really supporting the womens team

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: November 18, 2019, 04:25:57 pm »
Oh not knocking Tranmere or their facilities. More the club again not really supporting the womens team

They have enough facility and support to win a freaking game. its time to deliver on the pitch

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: November 18, 2019, 06:13:10 pm »
Was at the game last night. Am ashamed to say I left at half time "for personal reasons" (ą la VVD). We looked really good in the first half, esp. in defense and midfield, but a bit toothless in attack. Where was Rinsola? Is she injured?
She came on midway through the second half.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2749 on: November 18, 2019, 09:45:45 pm »
She came on midway through the second half.

Right you are. I wonder why she's not starting. In a lot of the highlights on LFC TV last this year she seems to be a goalscorer and we need goals.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #2750 on: November 19, 2019, 01:19:26 am »
It seems poor that everything about the women's team should be posted by Andy in this single thread in the main LFC forum.

Could there be a separate women's sub forum if there isn't sufficient interest for a separate website?
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2751 on: November 19, 2019, 06:48:27 am »
It seems poor that everything about the women's team should be posted by Andy in this single thread in the main LFC forum.

Could there be a separate women's sub forum if there isn't sufficient interest for a separate website?

That seems back to front to me

Could there be threads in the main forum if there isn't sufficient interest for a specific women's sub forum?

(Yet! I know a few people who went to this a s I watched it on telly. It certainly is growing)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: November 19, 2019, 07:56:13 am »
What was the atmosphere like? I'm assuming fairly family-oriented but glad to see a turnout. I'm trying to pay more attention to the women's team too since the summer. They need to get out of this run of form quickly.
YNWA.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2753 on: November 19, 2019, 10:08:20 am »
Goal size doesn't help female keepers. They're smaller, weaker, slower and less athletic than their male counterparts at the top level of the men's game but they have to defend the same sized goals. I always feel a little sorry for them really.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: November 19, 2019, 10:20:03 am »
They're smaller, weaker, slower and less athletic than their male counterparts at the top level of the men's game but they have to defend the same sized goals. I always feel a little sorry for them really.

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: November 19, 2019, 10:22:31 am »
What was the atmosphere like? I'm assuming fairly family-oriented but glad to see a turnout. I'm trying to pay more attention to the women's team too since the summer. They need to get out of this run of form quickly.

It was a bit quiet to be honest, but the tier above us in the Sir Kenny Stand encouraged everyone to get going a few times.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #2756 on: November 19, 2019, 10:24:13 am »
Unlucky girls a real Derby effort.

They need to sort something out upfront, Only 1 in 6 goals scored so far in the WSL.

I only started paying attention this season and was surprised at the quality.

Thanks Andy.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2757 on: November 19, 2019, 10:28:44 am »
This game was actually a sell out for the amount of tickets made available. A general sale on Sat at the ground was cancelled due to no further tickets being available.

No tickets where available on match day either way. They should have opened the Main Stand, thousands of fans (youngsters in particular missed out on this game) including me and the children I was going to take.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2758 on: November 19, 2019, 11:43:26 am »

None of what I said was intended to be controversial or cruel to female goalkeepers, just a statement of biological reality when comparing top level keepers in the male and female game. There are shots that are meat and drink to Allisson which are literally unsaleable to women goalies, but we're conditioned by the men's game to have certain expectations for goalkeepers which the women cannot possibly match up to.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2759 on: November 19, 2019, 12:20:18 pm »
None of what I said was intended to be controversial or cruel to female goalkeepers, just a statement of biological reality when comparing top level keepers in the male and female game. There are shots that are meat and drink to Allisson which are literally unsaleable to women goalies, but we're conditioned by the men's game to have certain expectations for goalkeepers which the women cannot possibly match up to.

You make a fair point in my opinion, and made it well. It will doubtless cause controversy, but I think it's obvious a female keeper is the one position in the Women's game who is at a disadvantage due to the points you highlighted.

I have followed LFC Women since they played in a public park with ropes around the touchline, I used to take my young daughters. The women's game in general has come on tremendously and hopefully continues to grow, and I hope closer to home our own team get back to their best.

More, big high profile games at Anfield would be welcome for sure.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)