Author Topic: Champion Jockey  (Read 1484 times)

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Champion Jockey
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
took them over 3 years to bring out a new game but finally its here and with online mode for 4 players!!!!
basically the company who made gallop racer (tecmo) merged with koei of G1 Jockey fame and have come up with the latest and probably greatest racing game.
It was always crying out for an online mode....just hope there are some good stewards on it lol

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/champion-jockey-g1-jockey-gallop-racer/news/6315979/champion-jockey-g1-jockey-and-gallop-racer-first-look-preview?sid=6315979&tag=updates;title;3&mode=previews
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champion Jockey
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:11:16 pm »
last g1 jockey game i played was on ps2 a few years ago, not a bad game.

wont buy this full price at retail though, might wait for a price drop.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »
G1 jockey was immense - many a uni day was passed on that

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2011, 02:46:18 pm »
ok
got it this morning.

defo a mixed version...ie....a bit of gallop racer with g1 jockey all mixed in nicely together.

started on normal....me thinking i like a bit of a challenge.
the controls have changed a bit (normal controller) because they have put back in "the bit" system from an older version of g1 jockey.

once you get used to the controls and what you should be doing in the race you will win races quite easily....some you wont because you will still make the odd **** up.

it feels better but i wont really have a roper idea till im able to move up to the hard level after the end fo the season.

have to say with the new controls the breeding/training becomes a little taxing.

i tried the online but no one was online which is understandable at this stage.

you have options to  race with bred horses or game ones.....didnt see any race series like on formula 1....

think ORW will no doubt have online racing leagues going....check out the tecmo website forum if your interested.....think we may have to get a few Brit players as a lot of them will be canadians or us players.

will reort back with more

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »
lol
hes doing a jimmy bullard!!!!!!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHZreI-Xi4&feature=relmfu

:lmao just had to laugh at that guy.

gonna have to buy this now, playing games while back scuttling the missus sounds good to me

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »
Just got this.Been years since I played G1.Was always a good laugh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 2, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »
played quite a few hours now.

i do tend to win on a few too many outsiders....i think the normal level is a lot easier than in g1 jockeys previous titles but probably about the same as gallo racers.

training has been tweaked to the point where you have to learn all the important points again which will take quite a bit of time ....there is an auto option but your horse wont be as good as you end up wasting valuable attempts.

my win ratio is close to the 50 % mark which is unrealistic but i guess it will keep new comers interested long enough before the game hots up.

ive already ridden my first group 1......unbelievably what i presume is the breeders cup turf lol

love the newmarket track (its called greenfield)
ascot is recognisable too (cant remember the name)

the european turf season runs like the roper one then the jums hots up.
nice touch there.

the arc etc are all run around their proper dates!!!!!

got a feeling im gonna be champion jockey in my first season ...then i will up the level to hard to make it more realistic.

no one has been online so far but i expect there to be some on quite soon.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2012, 11:28:14 am »
Just got this over the weekend, was on 13 quid so i thought why not. I put it on hard, not a mistake i dont think because i'm not getting slaughtered and i'm usually in a decent position where my horse prefers to be with a few hundred meters remaining. Anyway, the only thing i'm struggling with is driving (go!) at the end. Your supposed to whip (square or circle) in time with triangle, as to keep the same rhythmn. I've tried this and even when the race has finished some fella tells me my drive is perfect yet all the other horses twat me with about a furlong or 2 to go, its like there's just no speed there. Might put it down a level and start again but apart from that its fun, suppose the learning curve is quite high, certainly more so than the last time i played G1 on the ps2.