Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1257481 times)

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #5960 on: September 16, 2016, 04:23:49 pm »
New show starting in a week or two starring Kiefer Sutherland that is getting a fair amount of positive reviews. Sounds interesting

"On the night of the State of the Union, an explosion claims the lives of the President and all members of the Cabinet except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman (Sutherland), who had been named the designated survivor. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come."

King Ralph (or President Ralph)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5961 on: September 17, 2016, 10:03:47 am »
New show starting in a week or two starring Kiefer Sutherland that is getting a fair amount of positive reviews. Sounds interesting

"On the night of the State of the Union, an explosion claims the lives of the President and all members of the Cabinet except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman (Sutherland), who had been named the designated survivor. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come."

On the comedy front I've just caught up with Vice Principals which is decent, only watched it because Walton Goggins is in it but I've enjoyed it.

It's on ABC so it will be rather shit.

I watched Vice Principals's pilot mainly because of the two main leads but didn't click for me.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5962 on: September 17, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
This is good. Startup. A desperate banker needs to conceal stolen money. A Haitian-American gang lord wants to go legit. A Cuban-American hacker has an idea that will revolutionize the very future of money itself. Forced to work together, they unwittingly create their version of the American dream - organized crime 2.0. It's a...tech thriller...the kind of thriller that you'd pick up in the airport as a book....with a Carl Hiaasen vibe attached due to the place the series is filmed in...that in itself was interesting as lots of scenes are shot in Little Haiti and Little Cuba, not places you'd associate with series set in Miami. the casting is good, with Freeman as a crooked FBI agent, played with....quiet menace  moving further away from his LOTR role. The rest of the cast, Adam Brody, Otmara Marrero, and Edi Gathegi as the financier, coding genius, and gang leader, respectively, who join forces to start the company, all  gel well...hopefully this is the show that helps Crackle the way BB did AMC.

It's available.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yCf_MpXAXK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yCf_MpXAXK8</a>

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5963 on: September 17, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
Startup. Thanks Dave.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5964 on: September 18, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
Startup sounds interesting,putting that on the to watch list.

Thanks.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5965 on: September 18, 2016, 10:14:00 pm »
Any of you guys watch Kingdom? It's an MMA shoe but it's really more about this fucked up family and what they get up to. Jonathan Tucker from Justified and Hannibal plays one of the brothers and is incredible to watch. The father is Frank Grillo (Crossbones from the Marvel movies).

Just finished an extended second season and a third has been confirmed.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5966 on: September 19, 2016, 12:52:25 am »
Any of you guys watch Kingdom? It's an MMA shoe but it's really more about this fucked up family and what they get up to. Jonathan Tucker from Justified and Hannibal plays one of the brothers and is incredible to watch. The father is Frank Grillo (Crossbones from the Marvel movies).

Just finished an extended second season and a third has been confirmed.

Yeah man, love that show. And aye, Jonathan Tucker is probably the main reason to watch it, he's mesmeric. He's fast becoming one of my favourite actors. Does Frank Grillo have something to so with MMA outside of acting? The only other thing I've seen him in was that Tom Hardy MMA film Warrior, which was class too. Whatever, Kingdom's damn enjoyable. Even the Jonas brother's not as shit as I'd expect a Jonas brother to be (I have only the haziest idea of what a Jonas brother actually is, but I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be shit). Glad it's getting a third season.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5967 on: September 19, 2016, 08:35:05 am »
Watched Season 1 and season 2 of The Last Ship over the weekend, quite liked it.  Some good action and the story is not too bad. 

Need a new TV show please help? I think I have watched nearly everything worth watching.

Suits, Animal Kingdom, The Kingdom, Spotless, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bones, 24, The Night Of, The Tunnel, Narcos, Stranger Things, Fargo, The Wire, True Detective, Silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Mr Robot, Better Call Saul, Billions, The Americans, Limitless, The Night Manager, Justified, Homeland, Game Of Thrones, House Of Cards, Blacklist, Person on Interest, the Leftovers.   Sure I have forgot a few also.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:09:28 pm by paul211b »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5968 on: September 19, 2016, 08:43:58 am »
Startup was good. Hopefully it'll get a second, it deserves it.

The full season is available.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #5969 on: September 19, 2016, 11:27:25 am »
Watched Season 1 and season 2 of The Last Ship over the weekend, quite liked it.  Some good action and the story is not too bad. 

Need a new TV show please help? I think I have watched nearly everything worth watching.

Suits, Animal Kingdom, The Kingdom, Spotless, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bones, 24, The Night Of, The Tunnel, Narcos, Stranger Things, Fargo, The Wire, True Detective, Silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Mr Robot, Better Call Saul, Billions, The Americans, Limitless, The Night Manager.  Sure I have forgot a few also.

Can't recommend "Gomorrah" strongly enough - two seasons of jaw-dropping, mind-fucking perfection.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5970 on: September 19, 2016, 11:51:47 am »

Suits, Animal Kingdom, The Kingdom, Spotless, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bones, 24, The Night Of, The Tunnel, Narcos, Stranger Things, Fargo, The Wire, True Detective, Silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Mr Robot, Better Call Saul, Billions, The Americans, Limitless, The Night Manager.  Sure I have forgot a few also.
Dag.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5971 on: September 19, 2016, 12:24:33 pm »

House of Cards.
Halt And Catch Fire.
Gomorrah.
Vikings.
Game Of Thrones.
The Strain.
Deadwood.
Sons Of Anarchy.
Boardwalk Empire.
Treme.
The Shield.
Homeland.
Hannibal.
Orange Is The New Black.
Blacklist.
The Leftovers.
American Horror Story.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5972 on: September 19, 2016, 12:36:23 pm »
Nice to see Treme in the list.

Should be mandatory viewing for all fans of music and well written drama.

And if you watch it and dislike it, don't ever bother talking to me ever again ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5973 on: September 19, 2016, 01:45:51 pm »

Justified

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5974 on: September 19, 2016, 02:06:13 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5975 on: September 19, 2016, 02:07:16 pm »
All a bit too...English language in these lists..shower of Kippers. ;D :P

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5976 on: September 19, 2016, 02:11:13 pm »
Updated with a few I forgot.

Suits, Animal Kingdom, The Kingdom, Spotless, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bones, 24, The Night Of, The Tunnel, Narcos, Stranger Things, Fargo, The Wire, True Detective, Silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Mr Robot, Better Call Saul, Billions, The Americans, Limitless, The Night Manager, Justified, Homeland, Game Of Thrones, House Of Cards, Blacklist, Person on Interest, the Leftovers

Gomorrah, I have seen trailers for that is it completely subtitled?  Managed Narcos as there was some English unsure if i could get into a show that is all subs.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5977 on: September 19, 2016, 02:16:04 pm »

Suits, Animal Kingdom, The Kingdom, Spotless, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Bones, 24, The Night Of, The Tunnel, Narcos, Stranger Things, Fargo, The Wire, True Detective, Silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Mr Robot, Better Call Saul, Billions, The Americans, Limitless, The Night Manager, Justified, Homeland, Game Of Thrones, House Of Cards, Blacklist, Person on Interest, the Leftovers

Gomorrah, I have seen trailers for that is it completely subtitled?  Managed Narcos as there was some English unsure if i could get into a show that is all subs.
For shame.... ;D You're fucked then....no Gomorra per voi.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5978 on: September 19, 2016, 02:28:13 pm »
For shame.... ;D You're fucked then....no Gomorra per voi.

Might give it a try or just read a book :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5979 on: September 19, 2016, 02:34:58 pm »
Might give it a try or just read a book :)
Read Saviano book, he's the author of Gomorrah...it's a...una buona lettura.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5980 on: September 19, 2016, 02:42:59 pm »
Always find it mad that people rule out watching a show/film that has subtitles. You can read so what's the issue?! My parents do it all the time.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5981 on: September 19, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »
Always find it mad that people rule out watching a show/film that has subtitles. You can read so what's the issue?! My parents do it all the time.

Think its more that I want to relax when watching a show, not ideal to read the whole thing.  However lots of people are raving about Gomorrah so might have to give it a try.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #5982 on: September 19, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »
Really liking Atlanta so far. Great mix of drama and comedy so far, shame I started watching it so early now I need to wait week to week.

Love donald Glover.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5983 on: September 19, 2016, 03:16:06 pm »
Think its more that I want to relax when watching a show, not ideal to read the whole thing.  However lots of people are raving about Gomorrah so might have to give it a try.

reading can be relaxing!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #5984 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »

Mate, trust me on this. Unless you are dead inside, you will fucking love Gomorrah. It's so fucking great that they could mumble gibberish with gibberish subtitles from an alien race and you would still be like "Fuck me." I only need to think about this show and I'm like "Fuck me." It is everything. It is the cat's meow and his bollocks, the bee's knees and ankles. It is EVERYTHING. It's why they invented television. It's why we bother to get up in the morning and take one breath after another. Unfuckingmissable, guaranteed. If you don't like it for some reason, you can come on here and tell me to fuck right off, but I'll just tell you that you are dead inside  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5985 on: September 19, 2016, 03:41:07 pm »
New comedy series from Mike Schur, creator of Parks & Rec and Brooklyn Nine Nine, begins on NBC tonight.
It's called the Good Place and stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UMf24rEsMOs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UMf24rEsMOs</a>

Not sure about the trailer, but I'd trust Mike Schur resume and Ted Danson's comic chops any day.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5986 on: September 19, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »
reading can be relaxing!

Was about to say the same thing :D

If we're watching a foreign show we tend to have a lighter English one on the go too. I fully understand that at times you aren't in the mood for subtitles and want an 'easy watch' that can just be put on in the background.

Shouldn't mean blanket ruling out subtitled shows though!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: September 19, 2016, 04:16:28 pm »
The Night Of is very good. Think it's on Sky Atlantic now.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5988 on: September 19, 2016, 04:53:31 pm »
One I forgot to add to the list, seen that too.

Aquarius is pretty good.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5989 on: September 19, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »
Still not seen Peaky Blinders so will have to put it on my list.

Oh and i am in the middle of the Night Manager and i love it.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5990 on: September 19, 2016, 05:07:10 pm »

Kingdom
Spartacus
Banshee
The Unit
Terriers
The X-Files
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5991 on: September 19, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »
Kingdom
Spartacus
Banshee
The Unit
Terriers
The X-Files
Nice.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5992 on: September 19, 2016, 07:56:10 pm »
Nice.

You definitely are Alan Sepinwall and I claim my five pounds.
Your Bunheads obsession was a good clue,  but Terriers just sealed it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5993 on: September 19, 2016, 08:09:59 pm »
Are Veep and Silicone Valley any use?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5994 on: September 19, 2016, 08:18:36 pm »
You definitely are Alan Sepinwall and I claim my five pounds.
Your Bunheads obsession was a good clue,  but Terriers just sealed it.
;D

I neither read or listen to Seppinwall, maybe I should. I think Braindead will go the same way,one and out...which is a pity as I thought it was quite clever.

Are Veep and Silicone Valley any use?
Both are excellent.....two of the best comedies round....especially Veep....Dreyfuss is better in this than she was in Seinfeld...and I love Seinfeld.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5995 on: September 19, 2016, 08:23:21 pm »
Both are excellent.....two of the best comedies round....especially Veep....Dreyfuss is better in this than she was in Seinfeld...and I love Seinfeld.

Not a Seinfeld fan but will watch these, ta.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5996 on: September 19, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »
I still contemplate watching Hannibal.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5997 on: September 20, 2016, 03:41:39 am »
Do it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5998 on: September 20, 2016, 06:18:56 am »

I thought it started good and got worse and worse until it was basically Bryan Fuller deflating himself on a weekly basis. It's very slow moving, prepare yourself for that, and it's mostly surreal.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5999 on: September 20, 2016, 08:09:45 am »
Once they get over..what I thought was the stupidity, of season one it becomes good.

I thought it started good and got worse and worse until it was basically Bryan Fuller deflating himself on a weekly basis. It's very slow moving, prepare yourself for that, and it's mostly surreal.
See, I thought the opposite ..season one had big problems, for me anyway...it started to become better the further into the first season.

Anyway....this has it's own thread.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304828.0