Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii U thread  (Read 27300 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #160 on: July 9, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

:D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »
The console prices have gone up.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2013, 08:32:02 pm »
The console prices have gone up.

where?
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 08:41:50 pm »

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2013, 08:54:32 pm »
They had a price drop on Amazon for a fortnight and now it's gone back to normal price

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »
They had a price drop on Amazon for a fortnight and now it's gone back to normal price

Was it a planned price drop until a certain date though or has it just randomly gone back up?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2013, 09:02:47 pm »
http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-Wii-32GB-Premium-Pack/product/B008B5YB4W

Was July 12th when the premium was £199. Now its £247

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2013, 09:07:06 pm »
Was it a planned price drop until a certain date though or has it just randomly gone back up?

think it's just gone randomly back up

bought mine just before the price drop, but I'm still happy with mine. It's genuinely a great bit of tech, once the marquee games come out next year, it'll hopefully start to kick off.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2013, 09:25:26 pm »
I like the look of it and will probably get one eventually, pikmin 3 has helped sales in Japan so I'd assume that's why the prices have gone back up. Hopefully I can pick one up at a good price as you could get a basic pack for £150 and premium for £200.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »
Asda to stop stocking the Wii u in store. Will continue to stock it online and only software in store on a game by game basis.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2013, 09:28:38 am »
looks like some good games hitting the shops hopefully in time for christmas presents! Seems to have been a bit slow in getting U specific games released.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2013, 08:53:19 pm »
looks like some good games hitting the shops hopefully in time for christmas presents! Seems to have been a bit slow in getting U specific games released.

Yes, let's hope software can turn the ship around.

Love Nintendo, not bought one of these yet but rooting for it just because I really like Miyamoto and co.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #172 on: September 3, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
Just sold mine this weekend.

After clocking through a (combined between us) 500 odd hours of Monster hunter ultimate, the Wii u now hadn't been touched in months. I've got a PS4 on pre order and GTA 5 to play this month, it's was never going to get used again. Took a hit of about £70 on it, which really isn't that bad considering the amount of hours it did get used for.

I want to like the Wii U, but the game support for it is beyond pathetic. Everything that's coming out that i'd want to play is coming out on next gen and there was nothing to make me want to keep it. I'd have thought about it if the virtual console had been updated regularly, but a) there's never anything new on it and b) they want me to pay over a fiver for NES games. Nope, that's not happening.

Have to say, i'm sorely disappointed in Nintendo with the Wii U. With the new consoles coming out, there's really no reason to get one and more importantly, there's a massive lack of developer support.

Shame, wanted to like it, kinda still do a bit, but it's gone now.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #173 on: September 3, 2013, 08:35:42 pm »
Traded mine in a couple of weeks ago and used the credit to buy virtually all the Disney Infinity stuff. It's already been more used than the Wii U was.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 7, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »
Anyone else having issues? Some of our games won't work. They just freeze. Lego City gets to a certain load point and stops. Nintendoland will play for a few minutes and freeze. Lego Batman we can play for about 20 mins before it freezes. Mario Bros stops after 5 minutes. Skylanders Giants we can play for hours with no freezing. There is no scratches whatsoever on Lego City or Mario Bros, and there's more on Skylanders than there is on the other 2, so there must be an issue with the console.
I can't find my receipt either. Surely with it only being out in December, I won't need one if I contact Nintendo?

Had to send my console away to get this rectified. All sorted. Problem now is, and it seems to be a common problem with repaired consoles, it doesn't connect to the nternet to download updates. Tries downloading Luigi U, and doing other things, like the online store. Wont connect. Emailed them, they said to send it away again for repair. I asked them can this not be repaired remotely, as looking at other forums, it happens almost 100% of the time a console is repaired seemingly. Havent had a response and that was 5 weeks ago. They're a fucking disgrace and I wish I had saved myself £400 and not bought one
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: October 2, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »
Seen yesterday Donkey Kong been put back to 2014, bit of a blow depending on what month. Think I'll wait for a big price drop before I get one.

Offline Cruicky

• Anny Roader
  • Moves like Agger
« Reply #176 on: December 3, 2013, 12:53:38 am »
Super Mario World 3D is so class.

It might not be next gen, but there are some titles on this that are so fun.  Pikmin 3,  New Super Mario Bros, Wonderful 101, Windwaker, Super Mario World 3D, Lego City and Zombii U is enough to keep me interested until Super Smash Bros and Donkey Kong.
I'm very aroused.

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2014, 06:06:33 pm »
Does anyone know how to get the map on the wii u remote for Lego city undercover. Seen it on the Wii u remote screen in toys r us, but can't seem to get the map on the kids Wii u remote. Any ideas how to?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2014, 08:10:18 pm »
i've just been round and hacked my mates Wii U for him, or should i say i've hacked the vWii part of it, turns out the same hacks work on the vWii as worked on the original Wii

he just wanted to be able to play Mario Galaxy again
STFU and agree with me.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 4, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »
Speaking of Nintendo, anyone selling a working SNES with the wires and a controller? Can pick up anywhere from Liverpool but only have £25 to spend. Long shot I know but dying to ger one again.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:43 pm »
Anyone know how to fix error 105-0642

It's the same issue I posted about above
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »
Seriously considering one of these at the moment. Xbox and PS4 game line ups are just awful. FPS and sports games don't do it for me any more. The Wind Waker HD looks good enough to eat and I never played it so I'd love to get my mitts on that. Mario Kart looks great too and I'm sure I'd get more mileage out of Smash Bros, Bayonetta and Mario than anything on Xbox/PS4. Plus the prospect of a new HD Zelda game is enough on it's own to peak my interest.

Only problem I have is the fact there are apparently no party chats and I'd like to know how good online multi player is in games like Mario Kart. Anyone shed any light on that? Is it as seamless and quick as PSN or Xbox Live?

Might wait for a price drop and get one soon. Am I mad to be considering this over a proper next gen console?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2014, 08:07:01 pm »
Seriously considering one of these at the moment. Xbox and PS4 game line ups are just awful. FPS and sports games don't do it for me any more. The Wind Waker HD looks good enough to eat and I never played it so I'd love to get my mitts on that. Mario Kart looks great too and I'm sure I'd get more mileage out of Smash Bros, Bayonetta and Mario than anything on Xbox/PS4. Plus the prospect of a new HD Zelda game is enough on it's own to peak my interest.

Only problem I have is the fact there are apparently no party chats and I'd like to know how good online multi player is in games like Mario Kart. Anyone shed any light on that? Is it as seamless and quick as PSN or Xbox Live?

Might wait for a price drop and get one soon. Am I mad to be considering this over a proper next gen console?

It could be a good investment for the right price. Dont pay more than £150 for a decent bundle.

Wait until the January sales. This Christmas is make or break for the Wii U and I think it's going to fall on its arse.

The only thing that will save it for a little longer is if someone can find a hack to play copied games.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
I have a Wii U and now the library is large enough I adore it. Just got mario 3d World this week and loving it.

Mario kart 8 was the reason I bought it though, and it is superb. Tracks are fantastic, and my experience with multiplayer is excellent, has worked smoothly and quickly since the second week. Really enjoyable. I don't miss the party chat as it used to do my head in really on 360. Nintendo might have allowed you to write stuff after the game in the lobby but you have to choose from predetermined statements. Still boss though. Also looking forward t the DLC extra tracks. Not that there aren't plenty but I just want more of the good stuff.

Bayonetta 2 is great BTW, but I'm hopeless at that sort of game. Looking forward to the new Yoshi and Toad games a lot as well as Zelda.

I don't have a ps4 or xbone, still have a backlog on both manufacturers previous console mind, but the WiiU does the job for me.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »
Yeah was probably going to wait for another price drop.

Not bought a new console in years and it seems like there are 100 different options for each new console these days with different amounts of memory etc. I'd likely only buy 5-10 games over a few years so should I just be looking at the cheapest option when/if I take the plunge or is there a specific system bundle you would recommend?

Amazed this hasn't sold very well to be honest. Nintendo exclusives shit all over most other games on PS4/XBox and while I get that the quantity isn't there you know you're getting a few guaranteed classics like Zelda and Mario. Got a 3DS last year and the library for that is just outstanding. If this had an F-Zero game I'd be sold in a heart beat. Bloody hell I loved Nintendo games when I was a kid, pure nostalgia here. They've hooked me the bastards haha!

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »
I have a Wii U and now the library is large enough I adore it. Just got mario 3d World this week and loving it.

Mario kart 8 was the reason I bought it though, and it is superb. Tracks are fantastic, and my experience with multiplayer is excellent, has worked smoothly and quickly since the second week. Really enjoyable. I don't miss the party chat as it used to do my head in really on 360. Nintendo might have allowed you to write stuff after the game in the lobby but you have to choose from predetermined statements. Still boss though. Also looking forward t the DLC extra tracks. Not that there aren't plenty but I just want more of the good stuff.

Bayonetta 2 is great BTW, but I'm hopeless at that sort of game. Looking forward to the new Yoshi and Toad games a lot as well as Zelda.

I don't have a ps4 or xbone, still have a backlog on both manufacturers previous console mind, but the WiiU does the job for me.

Yeah I was playing MK on the Wii with some friends for the first time in years the other day and it got me desperate to try the new one. Looks great. I wouldn't miss the dickheads shouting like on COD but I would like the option to chat with my mates while we race each other - I understand that isn't possible? I think if it were my mates would have bought a Wii U solely for multi player Mario Kart over their PS4s because it's the ultimate multi player game.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2014, 08:48:08 pm »
I got mine (32gb one) secondhand on eBay for 180 with Mario and Luigi (the 2d ones) , bought Mario Kart 8 which then gave me a free download for Wind Waker (not sure f that deal has expired yet)

I felt it was a good deal at the time, I think there'll be better bundles around now in all likelihood. I'd definitely get the one with more memory as 8gb is a joke, frankly. I'm already using an extra USB memory stick for my 32gb and that's only with a few digital games.

Nah not possible to chat at all during mario kart, they should have made it an option for closed party games at least. Nintendo still clinging to the ultra family friendly ideas. They're a very frustrating company, but I really like the core experiences their series' offer - it just feels sublime to me. I don't know if it's a touch of nostalgia as I've played the games for so long or what.

I still like the stuff Sony and Microsoft offer, it's impressive seeing all the flashy games round at my mates but I can't justify that kind of outlay for a console, and also feel like I could wait a few years first - I didn't get either 360 or ps3 until quite late in their lives and I really enjoyed the experience of getting a step up but the games still being cheap due to their age. I reckon I'll stick with the WiiU for a couple of years until the prices drop of the newer consoles.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2014, 09:12:05 pm »
Thanks for the info.

With Mario Kart is it easy to play in a tournament with your mates? Have no knowledge of how Nintendo online works at all!

Windwaker free with MK sounds like an amazing deal. The two games I most want to play in this new generation by a country mile. Agree with you re Xbox/PS4. Mates have them, they look great but £400 odd quid plus online fees for a FIFA and COD that look a bit better than the ones I have on 360? Nah, no thanks.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2014, 11:05:59 pm »
i played the bayonetta 2 demo earlier

major case of WTF is going on, clearly a mental japanese game

the background music was the stand out feature, where do they keep getting these awful songs from
STFU and agree with me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2014, 11:11:29 pm »
i played the bayonetta 2 demo earlier

major case of WTF is going on, clearly a mental japanese game

the background music was the stand out feature, where do they keep getting these awful songs from

Some people love it, that music...get people waxing lyrical about it over on neoGaf...not for me those tunes but a very cool game. Insane, it's just like a million boss fights strung together with ever-increasing scale and strangeness.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2014, 11:51:05 pm »
it's like you have these utterly manic fights going on and in the background all you can hear is awful awful pop music that's so out of place with what's actually going on

not that this is anything new of course, Japanese games have a 'proud' history of awful music, i remember the arcades back in the 80s and 90s :)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:00 pm »
Had the displeasure to review Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric this week.

What a fucking stinker.

You know every few years one of those games comes along that is just awful, and you can't believe how it got through quality control? Superman on the N64...that truck one I can't remember the name of where you just glitch your way around the landscape...this is probably worthy of their company. Dogshit taco.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2014, 06:13:35 pm »
Would this be suitable for a four year old? In terms of games and ease of use?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2014, 08:48:09 am »
Would this be suitable for a four year old? In terms of games and ease of use?

I'd say so. My two year old can turn it on and start a game (the touchscreen pad has a quick start feature, just touch the power on the pad, the icons for the games appear on screen and you just tap them to start) and then lose all my lives. Games like Nintendoland, few Mario games, forthcoming Yoshi and Kirby games would be good for kids I imagine. Just keep them away from Bayonetta 2!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2014, 08:55:41 am »
Nice one. What's the deal with the screen on the pad and the TV though? Is it just a mirror image?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »
sometimes a mirror image, sometimes your inventory or a map. it changes from game to game
STFU and agree with me.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »
Finally picked one of these up this week. Mario Kart 8 is just magnificent fun. Just wish I could figure out how to get into a tournament online from the start.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 6, 2014, 10:15:14 am »
2015 releases for Wii U

Zelda Majora's Mask remastered

Star Fox

New Zelda title

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: December 6, 2014, 11:00:03 am »
New Zelda and Star Fox next year. Wii U purchase justified. Early build of Zelda they showed last night looks huge!

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 6, 2014, 11:14:58 am »
is majora's not 3ds only?
STFU and agree with me.