Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 268447 times)

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1040 on: June 16, 2011, 10:12:30 am »
Funny seeing the Mancs in all their 'formations' threads have removed Henderson from every one of them. But they aren't bitter.

Any chance they'll take our midfield general, Poulsen and England's finest, PK?

Both will look very good on paper...

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1041 on: June 16, 2011, 10:38:37 am »
Yep. Although Lucas was never crap.

are you fucking blind?
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #1042 on: June 16, 2011, 10:41:17 am »
are you fucking blind?
looking back on it, he wasn't overly crap he had crap games as did everyone else but we just didnt know what position he played in, what his strengths and weakness's were.. i wasnt a big fan of him the first 2 seasons but honestly i look for him in every lineup now..
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: June 16, 2011, 10:50:56 am »
are you fucking blind?

"i just dont think he's that type of player that Kenny wants."
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: June 16, 2011, 11:03:29 am »
What I've liked about from what I've seen in the U21 games is his outside of the foot pass forward and instantly on the go for the one two.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1045 on: June 16, 2011, 11:07:10 am »
are you fucking blind?

Lucas wasn't crap. And he isn't crap now. He's a very good footballer and improving all the time. He's an asset to any team.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1046 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:59 am »
What I've liked about from what I've seen in the U21 games is his outside of the foot pass forward and instantly on the go for the one two.
I liked that, too.

I am now hoping the U21 get knocked out, and he gets a holiday so that he comes back for pre-season training, and then be properly integrated into our team.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1047 on: June 16, 2011, 11:09:27 am »
Obviously fees do matter, because if you have a budget, then you have to spend the money carefully, and ration it where you need it.
Riiiight and you don't think Kenny and DC and FSG haven't worked out exactly what money they have got and allocated it for each player.....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #1048 on: June 16, 2011, 11:13:59 am »
are you fucking blind?

could be.. they have a better sense of touch

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:14 am »
Lucas wasn't crap. And he isn't crap now. He's a very good footballer and improving all the time. He's an asset to any team.

is unfair to say he was crap but his performances were not consistent at all - understandable and all part of the development of a young player.

he's improving/improved a lot.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: June 16, 2011, 11:22:57 am »
could be.. they have a better sense of touch

You know what they say about blind prostitutes...

You really have to hand it to 'em.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:39 am »
It would be very stupid to pass judgment on him after playing out of his natural position for a very tactically/technically inept England side, in a one off tournament. You should know you can't judge a player fully from a selection.of 3-5 games.

Give him a chance to play in a our side and adapt to playing decent pass and move football, don't get annoyed at him because we maybe haven't signed a big 'name' that some of you were craving.

Offline LFC State of Mind

• Kemlynite
  • I like my eggs sunny-side down.
« Reply #1052 on: June 16, 2011, 11:39:47 am »
Are people really judging him before he's even played a game for us? *I give up on life*

:butt

Offline Vidocq

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: June 16, 2011, 12:02:36 pm »
"i just dont think he's that type of player that Kenny wants."

i dont know mate...with Henderson,Raul,Stevie,probably Adam,and probably another CM...i wonder how Lucas is going to find his place
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: June 16, 2011, 12:05:26 pm »
i dont know mate...with Henderson,Raul,Stevie,probably Adam,and probably another CM...i wonder how Lucas is going to find his place

He's a different type of player to them and was our best player last season and signed a new contract in March and Kenny rates him. All signs point to him being used frequently next season. If you genuinely think he's crap, then I feel sorry for you.

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko
« Reply #1055 on: June 16, 2011, 12:08:20 pm »
lucas is one of the first players on the team sheet!!!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1056 on: June 16, 2011, 12:15:41 pm »
I don't think many of us are questioning that Henderson is a decent player, and one with a bright future, it's just the amount we payed for him. It seems a huge waste. Especially when it doesn't appear we have a blank cheque book, and are then haggling about 2-3 million over the deal for Adam!

I try to ignore you but one or two things do you have your posts saved because you seem to cut and paste the same shit about woodgate etc in every thread, also I have come to the conclusion that you and sane thinking are total strangers!

Dont bother with the reply i will waste no more time on you! (live in Newcastle hate an ex sunderland player you are just so smalltime)
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Vidocq

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:26 pm »
He's a different type of player to them and was our best player last season and signed a new contract in March and Kenny rates him. All signs point to him being used frequently next season. If you genuinely think he's crap, then I feel sorry for you.

they are all CM's...anyway i dont want to say anything, we'll see when season starts

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:06 pm »
they are all CM's...anyway i dont want to say anything, we'll see when season starts

Thank God.

Offline Vidocq

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: June 16, 2011, 12:26:03 pm »

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: June 16, 2011, 12:45:39 pm »
Match video of Jordan Henderson against us during the 2-2 back in September 2010

http://www.footylounge.com/films/milankakabaros/jordan-henderson-v-liverpool-26092011-video_279064582.html
Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: June 16, 2011, 01:11:11 pm »
i dont understand how every young player that were interested in, "is not good enough for liverpool" .. how about we wait until that young player is possibly world class in 2-3 years and wont sell for less than 30mil.. will he be good enough for liverpool then? people have to remember, we may have a chance to win the league this year by all means but they gotta understand that bringing in top quality players isnt gonna get you titles.. look at city, chelsea, madrid... all bringing in big names and not winning anything substantial.. kenny will be looking for players who are good for liverpool, and hes a supporter of this wonerful club just as much as anyone, and he is the one with the most experience... he knows the in's and out's of football... this is a rebuilding time for liverpool be patient, we havent even started the season and people are calling for heads...
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1062 on: June 16, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »
Obviously fees do matter, because if you have a budget, then you have to spend the money carefully, and ration it where you need it.
Do you seriously believe we're still going to be able to pay £1.5m for an up and coming top young talent?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #1063 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »
i dont understand how every young player that were interested in, "is not good enough for liverpool" .. how about we wait until that young player is possibly world class in 2-3 years and wont sell for less than 30mil.. will he be good enough for liverpool then? people have to remember, we may have a chance to win the league this year by all means but they gotta understand that bringing in top quality players isnt gonna get you titles.. look at city, chelsea, madrid... all bringing in big names and not winning anything substantial.. kenny will be looking for players who are good for liverpool, and hes a supporter of this wonerful club just as much as anyone, and he is the one with the most experience... he knows the in's and out's of football... this is a rebuilding time for liverpool be patient, we havent even started the season and people are calling for heads...

The argument that we should be scouting and signing young talent before it is discovered by everyone else is fine only as long as we are signing this young talent at a small price. If we are paying eye-watering amounts of money we could well be signing players who have already demonstrated that they can realise their potential.

Henderson may turn out to be brilliant, but it's huge gamble to pay that much money at this stage of his career and doesn't even leave much prospect of us being able to sell him on at a profit if it doesn't work out.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #1064 on: June 16, 2011, 01:21:44 pm »
Yep. Although Lucas was never crap.

There's no comparison. Lucas was £7 million. So now he is a bargain. Henderson will never be a bargain, no matter how good he is. He might be a good buy, a shrewd purchase, a superb signing. But he will never be a bargain.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: June 16, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »
The argument that we should be scouting and signing young talent before it is discovered by everyone else is fine only as long as we are signing this young talent at a small price. If we are paying eye-watering amounts of money we could well be signing players who have already demonstrated that they can realise their potential.

Henderson may turn out to be brilliant, but it's huge gamble to pay that much money at this stage of his career and doesn't even leave much prospect of us being able to sell him on at a profit if it doesn't work out.
but they're not going to piss 16 or 20mil up the wall if they dont see a real spark in this kid.. im sure they sat down and have done the finances.. i understand where your coming from but for a young english player now-a-days thats a pretty sound investment.. what was the final figure 16mil or something?

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #1066 on: June 16, 2011, 01:24:19 pm »
Some posts in this thread are fucking comical..  :butt
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #1067 on: June 16, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »
There's no comparison. Lucas was £7 million. So now he is a bargain. Henderson will never be a bargain, no matter how good he is. He might be a good buy, a shrewd purchase, a superb signing. But he will never be a bargain.

Look.. Lucas cost 8 million euros outright in 2007 last time I checked that's not even close to 7 million pounds..

Anyway.. Henderson looks a player but like you said will never be a bargain.
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:44 pm »
Any indications on which shirt number he will wear?
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #1069 on: June 16, 2011, 01:48:11 pm »
lucas is one of the first players on the team sheet!!!

Yes. Meireles is the one who's place will be under threat.

Riddle me this - does Lucas get shunted out to the wing because he's not trusted to play in his position (CM) by the gaffer?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1070 on: June 16, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

Well said exactly how I feel about it, the art of the transfer market is signing the Hendeson's when they are 16 or 17 for small fees and moulding them into players that suit the Club's ethos. Not chucking money at a position we are if anything overstocked in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1071 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:53 pm »
Yes. Meireles is the one who's place will be under threat.

Riddle me this - does Lucas get shunted out to the wing because he's not trusted to play in his position (CM) by the gaffer?

There is no way I can see Lucas playing on the wing. He's a tidy, careful economic player, but I'm not convinced he's got the flair or mobility to play wide.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1072 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:55 pm »
Any indications on which shirt number he will wear?

Some people on here have indicated that it could be 13 or 15

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1073 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:24 pm »
I don't think many of us are questioning that Henderson is a decent player, and one with a bright future, it's just the amount we payed for him. It seems a huge waste. Especially when it doesn't appear we have a blank cheque book, and are then haggling about 2-3 million over the deal for Adam!

you cant say its a huge waste when the kid hasnt even played for us yet ,let alone got the first few years under his belt can you?...that would be silly wouldnt it?

also ,john henry made vast amounts of money out of futures...correct?...maybe in the future ,the 16 million spent could turn out to be a steal?....we will see.
worst case scenario ,it doesnt work out and providing the premiership bubble doesnt burst,you get yer money back at least?
the bigger crime would be to do fuck all and get relegated because you have a team full of middle aged lumps who cant get you to were you wanna be....go with the flow,it aint your money
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #1074 on: June 16, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »
Some people on here have indicated that it could be 13 or 15

I've sort of invisaged him wearing 10, I don't know why. Maybe (hopefully) Mata will secure that instead.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1075 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:05 pm »
Doesn't look as good as Babel did at the U21s to be honest.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #1076 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »
the art of the transfer market is signing the Hendeson's when they are 16 or 17 for small fees and moulding them into players that suit the Club's ethos.

Jesus christ your an idealist... (;

Offline lfcforlife

• Kemlynite
  • We've won it 5 times
« Reply #1077 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
the argument works both ways to be honest , on the one hand he hasnt played for us yet when he does he might turn out to be a very shrewd signing and i have the ultimate faith in kk and so i think he will but on the other hand if he is one for the future(ie next season or the season after) maybe we should be waiting until we ave got back into the CL before we start investing so much in unproven talent as IMO CL is a must for next season and henderson is an unknown quantity . if we dont get cl we will b looking at replacing reina def. , suarez??( is not going to wait forever especially if he keeps playing the way hes playing) maybe  even the likes of lucas will get offers . as i said arguments for both i just hope he comes gud this season so this will argument will be null and void . 

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1078 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
Doesn't look as good as Babel did at the U21s to be honest.
different players though but know what you mean.
just goes to show that doin the biz at a younger age doesnt guarantee the superstar later on
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Bernard Shakey

• Anny Roader
  • Only Happy When The Club's in Crisis
« Reply #1079 on: June 16, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »
When Redknapp says "players are being signed for £20m who aren't fit to lace Luka Modric's boots" do you think he means Henderson???
"It's a huge honour to wear the number seven at Liverpool. I think about the legends: Dalglish, Keegan... and that Australian guy"