Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 268848 times)

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2011, 12:27:36 pm »
welcome to LFC Jordo  8)

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:01 pm »
I think Sky's attitude about it all is over our expensive purchasing of young players, Carrick was in his twenties when United wasted that money on him.

averaging 45 games a season and won 4 PL and EC in that time?! "

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2011, 12:31:07 pm »
Why, oh why, can't people just have faith in the guys in charge,
celebrate the fact that we've signed a potential LFC great
and anticipate the next player coming in?
Too many negative waves on here for my liking.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2011, 01:31:19 pm »
Told you it'd be easier if he were foreign, everybody would be eager to give him a chance.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »
Have we only signed him because he's got the same initials as the owner?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »
Have we only signed him because he's got the same initials as the owner?

::) Yes
Y.N.W.A

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2011, 02:21:47 pm »
I think Sky's attitude about it all is over our expensive purchasing of young players, Carrick was in his twenties when United wasted that money on him.
Funny that because all they're saying about Phil Jones is that he's the next John Terry.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2011, 02:25:32 pm »
Another compilation of him, one thing is sure this lad can create chances alright. ( dont think it was posted )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-_upzwi2w

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2011, 02:33:16 pm »
Welcome Hendo! Hope to see the best of you in LFC.

Offline Cape_Tear

• Such an amazing_tilm!
  • Kopite
« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2011, 02:37:29 pm »
I say to hell with the fucking media. He's one of ours now, and if we didn't grab him, then I'm sure someone else would've splashed the money to get him.

So fuck Sky and the rest of the fucking wankers.

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline alett

• down.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The world is everything that is the case.
« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »
Welcome lad :)
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk

@Andrew_Heaton
Twitter - Serious Business

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2011, 02:46:28 pm »
A bit surprised we've made an offensive midfielder our first signing. Though considering Gerrard's absence last season and age, it makes more sense. To be honest I've only seen him play once so I can't really judge the player. His stats suggest he's consistent and he comes across as ambitious but mature in his interview. Like Comolli said, he ticks all the boxes. A future captain perhaps, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Welcome to LFC Jordan, all the best.

Offline Wee Red Steve

• Anny Roader
  • I wish Robbie Fowler was my dad!
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2011, 02:51:20 pm »
Great young lad, cant wait to the start of the season!! Few more decent signings and we'll be motoring, top 4 finish 11/12 and then start battering away for 1st place season after that i reckon!! (maybe a wee FA cup next year for a bit of silver for the lads too)

Oh! Liked what she saw? Dug my action did she!? Checkin out the Chan Chan Man!!

Chandler Bing

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2011, 02:56:46 pm »
Boy can Gyan finish.

I'm starting to like Jordan.
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »
- Henderson is 20, not 19 and in fact turns 21 in a weeks time
- Henderson has more than twice the prem experience as Shelvey and Spearing put together.  He's been an integral part of Sunderlands first team for the last couple of years.  Shelvey and Spearing are being worked into the team, but are right now a long way behind Henderson
- £20m for henderson is a figure plucked out of the air.  It's highly unlikely to be this much and may be a smaller fee with appearance/success bonuses attached.
- How many times do we have to explain that Henderson plays on both the right and in the centre?  It may be that the centre is his future, but given our massive weakness on the wings we now ha ve a player who can work for us there, or slot into the centre.  Also, it may be that Shelvey is to be sent out on loan to gain more first team experience.  Again, I rate the lad, but he isn't there yet and we have a big season ahead of us.
- I agree that what matters is the future success/failure which is why reading all these "concerned" posts before anyone has given the lad a proper chance is frustrating.

There will be good and bad signings but right now the "regime" has a clean slate.  I prefer to judge after a few balls have been kicked rather than attack the policy at the first opportunity.

- Error about his age acknowledged

- Yes , he has a lot more experience. But ask yourself whether Shelvey and Spearing would have made into the first team there in Sunderland or not , considering their dearth of good players in Central midfield. Also ask yourself how many games would Henderson have got if he had been a Liverpool/Chelsea youngster. Someone like McEachran who is MILES ahead in natural ability could hardly get a full game at Chelsea and I have seen the lad play and he CAN pass the ball. Just because you were a regular in a mediocre side doesn't prove your suitability for a club like Liverpool.

- 20 Million is the figure most major media outlets are reporting. I understand the English media is no bastion of truth but I have no reason to think that figure is not somewhere close to the actual fee paid.

- I have already acknowledged that he can play both in CM and RM. 'Play' doesn't equate to being good at it. I don't know how much credibility you assign to views expressed by supporters on messageboards , but a visit to SMB will tell you that he was mostly average to poor in CM and average to decent in RM.  And these are not your fans from Norway , US , India or wherever else , most are locals who tend to go to matches. I tend to think they know their stuff as far as a player who has come up through their ranks is concerned.

And Shelvey isn't there yet because he was signed by a club of Liverpool's stature and found it hard to get games. I am sure he would have had 50 plus appearances under his belt had he been playing for a Sunderland or a Blackburn team.  You are never going to see players develop unless they are thrust into the big time and get 'on the job training' to use a corporate term.

-  Well sorry to add to your frustration mate but I am just expressing my views like everyone else. Fat Scouser and AL555 have said pretty much similar things in another thread.  I am a Liverpool fan just like you and others and want the best for the club. :)

I felt the same frustration when the same people who are attacking anyone and everyone(under 5K posts that is) expressing doubts over our recruitment policy were writing off Shelvey and SPearing as not being 'good enough' after a handful of games. I also felt it when many of the same people were making claims about Dann and Cahill being better than Carra and Skrtel for our team.

And thank you for presenting your arguments in a logical and ordered manner as opposed to randomly picking out a few lines and getting into 'attack mode'.  :D
Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2011, 03:11:42 pm »
Surely thats the point though, even though you are saying its in your opinion, it would appear from the signing, that KD, DC, SC priority was signing Henderson. They are the ones that set the agenda and then priorities the list. It may also be the case that no where near the fee bandied about is going to change hands, and that we moved quickly on Henderson for the simple reason of circumstance. And even if funds are as you say Finite( perfectly logical assumption) With out knowing what FSG are prepared to spend, exactly who the other targets are or the circumstances around those potential transfers, how can anyone decide anything about the henderson deal.

Then we come to the relative abilities of him as a footballer. KD, DC and others with in our club are much better placed to decide the cost benefits of a signing, they have all the facts for a start. You, with all due respect, have none of the facts and i would gues no proven track record in picking talented footballers. By all means have faith in your own judgement, but i tend to have greater faith inKD and DC than i do in my judgement.

I understand that KD and DC are much more qualified to make judgments on players than most of us and respect that fact. I also understand even highly qualified people make errors and their judgment is not always the right one. But football forums are there for fans to state and explain their own views on things and try to justify it by well constructed arguments. I am trying to do the same mate(not succeeding at it very much by the looks of things ;)).

And as you say , we do not know the extent of our funds or the policy being used in identifying targets and going after them so we are all working on assumptions and educated guesses backed with empirical evidence and objectivity whenever possible. ;)

If you would have gone through the Hemnderson thread before it all became official , you would have seen a multitude of views reflecting pretty much what I think on the signing. 
Phuk yoo

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2011, 04:03:37 pm »
Just watched his interview, and Jordan seems like a very nice man.  Sure he'll fit in well here, and I think he will suit our club very well.  Welcome lad.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2011, 04:20:20 pm »
Just watched his interview, and Jordan seems like a very nice man bloke.  Sure he'll fit in well here, and I think he will suit our club very well.  Welcome lad.

Man just sounds.....wrong.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2011, 04:27:32 pm »
Sly Sports are quoting 19.25M when they run through our signings since John Henry bought the club but at the same time on their headlines tab at the bottom of the screen are saying 'Undisclosed Fee'. Which one is it ?
Do we know how much he came in for ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2011, 04:32:30 pm »
They did say 16m  :butt
Y.N.W.A

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2011, 04:33:41 pm »
Sly Sports are quoting 19.25M when they run through our signings since John Henry bought the club but at the same time on their headlines tab at the bottom of the screen are saying 'Undisclosed Fee'. Which one is it ?
Do we know how much he came in for ?

the bottom one Sky Sports and facts are an oxymoron
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2011, 04:38:39 pm »
Most of us use this forum to express our opinions mate and I happen to believe that allocating a significant sum on a non priority position(again , my opinion as you said) from finite resources(logical assumption I would think) will reduce our options in terms of pursuing targets for other more pressing positions(repeating it again , just my opinion).

If Kenny/DC have already identified which players he wants for different positions and the breakup of funds in acquiring those targets, I am fine with that.  If buying Henderson does not affect the resources we can use to pursue players for positions such as LB , CB and Wings , I have no issues. But I have doubts about that , hence my trepidation at this particular signing. At the end of the day none of us now.  But we do need something to discuss right? ;)

you are right, none of us do know.....however, you are using your assumption that a) it will affect the pursuance of other players for different positions and b) it will impact directly resources available and c) there has been no appropriate planning of allocation of resources to criticise the purchase.....all the time using these arguments to criticise the player

this is a thread about henderson signing, if you have an issue with us signing him, if you do not believe him to be good enough, then that is your opinion and valid to express......but using such assumptions to criticise the signing is for another thread where you can hypothesise all you like about the way the transfer policy is being formulated (or not), what you believe the implications are, etc.

Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2011, 04:46:48 pm »
the bottom one Sky Sports and facts are an oxymoron

Its astonishing the amount of times they do this type of thing, theyre supposed to be a Top Class broadcaster.
They are pretty much the Visual equivalent of a red top.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2011, 04:47:55 pm »
Welcome Jordan hope we still get Adam as-well, great young players that are still learning their trade and can be molded into a great CM partnership for years to come with the King's expert guidance.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »
Welcome.

Comolli gives me the creeps.
He does, eh. Even I- a bloke, get the shivers. Serial-killer eyes ;D

Back on topic- Welcom Jordan! Hope you have all the success you dream of!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:33 pm »
The guy has one hell of a cross. Carroll will love it! Heck Suarez is good at heading as well.

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2011, 04:56:39 pm »
The guy has one hell of a cross. Carroll will love it! Heck Suarez is good at heading as well.

I agree, i have been watching some youtube videos. Cant wait for the season to start now  ;D ;D ;D
Y.N.W.A

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
- Yes , he has a lot more experience. But ask yourself whether Shelvey and Spearing would have made into the first team there in Sunderland or not , considering their dearth of good players in Central midfield. Also ask yourself how many games would Henderson have got if he had been a Liverpool/Chelsea youngster. Someone like McEachran who is MILES ahead in natural ability could hardly get a full game at Chelsea and I have seen the lad play and he CAN pass the ball. Just because you were a regular in a mediocre side doesn't prove your suitability for a club like Liverpool.

- 20 Million is the figure most major media outlets are reporting. I understand the English media is no bastion of truth but I have no reason to think that figure is not somewhere close to the actual fee paid.

- I have already acknowledged that he can play both in CM and RM. 'Play' doesn't equate to being good at it. I don't know how much credibility you assign to views expressed by supporters on messageboards , but a visit to SMB will tell you that he was mostly average to poor in CM and average to decent in RM.  And these are not your fans from Norway , US , India or wherever else , most are locals who tend to go to matches. I tend to think they know their stuff as far as a player who has come up through their ranks is concerned.

And Shelvey isn't there yet because he was signed by a club of Liverpool's stature and found it hard to get games. I am sure he would have had 50 plus appearances under his belt had he been playing for a Sunderland or a Blackburn team.  You are never going to see players develop unless they are thrust into the big time and get 'on the job training' to use a corporate term.

-  Well sorry to add to your frustration mate but I am just expressing my views like everyone else. Fat Scouser and AL555 have said pretty much similar things in another thread.  I am a Liverpool fan just like you and others and want the best for the club. :)

I felt the same frustration when the same people who are attacking anyone and everyone(under 5K posts that is) expressing doubts over our recruitment policy were writing off Shelvey and SPearing as not being 'good enough' after a handful of games. I also felt it when many of the same people were making claims about Dann and Cahill being better than Carra and Skrtel for our team.

And thank you for presenting your arguments in a logical and ordered manner as opposed to randomly picking out a few lines and getting into 'attack mode'.  :D

- Fair point about a player being in an average team and I'm sure Spearing and Shelvey would stand a better chance.  My only point here though would be that Henderson has been scouted out and in the past season was high in the charts for assists.  Now, there's a fair argument to say that the risk is that this is a one season wonder moment, but that is were the higher class of coaching at LFC should come in.  Of course there are risks with any transfer.

- With transfer fees I'll reserve judgement.  I've heard figures varying from 11-20 plus or minus N'Gog.  I would be very surprised if we have paid a straight £20m.  More likely to be possibly up to £20m depending on appearances and success.

- I think if RAWK can tell us anything it's that the opinion of fans on a message board can vary wildly.  There are still threads on this board with fans still not rating Lucas at all.  A "foreigner" coming to this board and reading some of the comments might get a similar impression about our opnions.  Just imagine them reading some peoples views of Carroll (and player who was injured and not match fit for most of his time with us so far).  I've definitely read opinions of Henderson that rate him very highly during his time at Sunderland.  It's natural with fan boards.

- Fair point about Shelvey, but again, there is no guarantee he would have broken into Sunderlands side.  Henderson broke in, put in a few good performances and it went from there.  Careers can stagnate at any club.  Nonetheless, I rate Shelvey, but I still feel it's "safer" putting a proven player from a mid-table club into our first team rather than putting all the pressure on a player from our youth system (unless they really show something exceptional - Michael Owen in 1997)

- I know a lot of people have expressed well thought out concerns, but reading through some of these threads it's easy to get sidetracked by negativity.  I guess I'm just surprised given the state of the club only 12 months ago.

- And your not wrong about the frustration over people attacking our own players with little evidence.  Carroll, Shelvey, Spearing have all come in for stick without really giving them a chance.

In the end if we sign players in for the left side and maybe backups for some other positions I'll be very happy.  I think a lot of people are reacting both to the cost and also to the fact that our first signing doesn;t address our weakest area.  Nonetheless, I was saying we needed further strength in the centre a few months back, if only because Gerrard is beginning to show signs of the injuries taking their toll.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »
Steven Gerrard said that Hendo "could be the new me" lol ... the ego of the bloke!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:51 pm »
Hendo Nagasaki :P ... I feel there is an idea there somewhere

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »
Steven Gerrard said that Hendo "could be the new me" lol ... the ego of the bloke!

On BBC.. Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes Jordan Henderson can one day succeed him as the driving force in the Reds midfield. England international Henderson, 20, completed his £20m move from Sunderland to Anfield on Thursday.

"It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard," he told the Liverpool website.

Made me chuckle that.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »
you are right, none of us do know.....however, you are using your assumption that a) it will affect the pursuance of other players for different positions and b) it will impact directly resources available and c) there has been no appropriate planning of allocation of resources to criticise the purchase.....all the time using these arguments to criticise the player

this is a thread about henderson signing, if you have an issue with us signing him, if you do not believe him to be good enough, then that is your opinion and valid to express......but using such assumptions to criticise the signing is for another thread where you can hypothesise all you like about the way the transfer policy is being formulated (or not), what you believe the implications are, etc.

Fair enough I suppose. There are two different but related issues at hand here.

1) The necessity of signing a player for a significant sum of money in a position in which we have adequate if not a wealth of options(This is getting repetitive but again , my opinion ;)), going by the assumption that he would be utilised as a tucked in Right Midfielder/Central midfielder. I am also looking at our overall transfer strategy(targeting young-ish British players from smaller clubs  who have shown potential but are not immediate upgrades for relatively large sums of money) so far. But as you say , it is probably a broader discussion for another thread.

2) Henderson's suitability in terms of quality, playing style and attributes in the context of a team trying to get back into the top 4 in the league and his record with Sunderland previously which even Sunderland fans cannot reach a consensus. He has age on his side and is technically competent which mitigates some of my doubts but not enough to believe he is the right solution at this point of time. 

As I have said quite clearly , I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this one and made to eat humble pie. I only want what is best for the club and I would be the happiest if Henderson turns out to be an integral component in a successful side.

Phuk yoo

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2011, 05:26:43 pm »
On BBC.. Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes Jordan Henderson can one day succeed him as the driving force in the Reds midfield. England international Henderson, 20, completed his £20m move from Sunderland to Anfield on Thursday.

"It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard," he told the Liverpool website.

Made me chuckle that.
Feck, they can spin anything. How does one get from here: "Let's[he's inviting the interviewer and us all- he's not only mentioning himself] hope[hope is not the same as belief] he is the next Steven Gerrard".

to here?: "Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard[he didn't mention himself] believes[they've decided feck it- hope IS belief] Jordan Henderson can one day succeed him..."

Yes- Gerrard is an utter tool when it comes to appraising a player, which is why he chose his words carefully, yet these cretins go ahead and twist his words to make up what they want the people to hear/believe. Disgusting!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:34:47 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »
- Fair point about a player being in an average team and I'm sure Spearing and Shelvey would stand a better chance.  My only point here though would be that Henderson has been scouted out and in the past season was high in the charts for assists.  Now, there's a fair argument to say that the risk is that this is a one season wonder moment, but that is were the higher class of coaching at LFC should come in.  Of course there are risks with any transfer.

- With transfer fees I'll reserve judgement.  I've heard figures varying from 11-20 plus or minus Ngog.  I would be very surprised if we have paid a straight £20m.  More likely to be possibly up to £20m depending on appearances and success.

- I think if RAWK can tell us anything it's that the opinion of fans on a message board can vary wildly.  There are still threads on this board with fans still not rating Lucas at all.  A "foreigner" coming to this board and reading some of the comments might get a similar impression about our opnions.  Just imagine them reading some peoples views of Carroll (and player who was injured and not match fit for most of his time with us so far).  I've definitely read opinions of Henderson that rate him very highly during his time at Sunderland.  It's natural with fan boards.

- Fair point about Shelvey, but again, there is no guarantee he would have broken into Sunderlands side.  Henderson broke in, put in a few good performances and it went from there.  Careers can stagnate at any club.  Nonetheless, I rate Shelvey, but I still feel it's "safer" putting a proven player from a mid-table club into our first team rather than putting all the pressure on a player from our youth system (unless they really show something exceptional - Michael Owen in 1997)

- I know a lot of people have expressed well thought out concerns, but reading through some of these threads it's easy to get sidetracked by negativity.  I guess I'm just surprised given the state of the club only 12 months ago.

- And your not wrong about the frustration over people attacking our own players with little evidence.  Carroll, Shelvey, Spearing have all come in for stick without really giving them a chance.

In the end if we sign players in for the left side and maybe backups for some other positions I'll be very happy.  I think a lot of people are reacting both to the cost and also to the fact that our first signing doesn;t address our weakest area.  Nonetheless, I was saying we needed further strength in the centre a few months back, if only because Gerrard is beginning to show signs of the injuries taking their toll.

A well constructed post like yours deserves an equally well constructed response so apologies for not addressing your (very valid)points just now as I am kind of multitasking now. I will respond to your points in a while.  :)
Phuk yoo

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »
Another compilation of him, one thing is sure this lad can create chances alright. ( dont think it was posted )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-_upzwi2w

He got good touches and crosses, great value to the team!

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »
We've got the most English team in the world
We've got Jordo and Geordie
Johnno and Carra
Gerrard and Jonjo o o

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »
Welcome to Anfield Jordan Henderson.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline ericcsson

• Anny Roader
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2011, 09:39:23 pm »
We've got the most English team in the world
We've got Jordo and Geordie
Johnno and Carra
Gerrard and Jonjo o o

;D I like it
Stand, Be True

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:47 pm »
Fucking get rid of the Manc Bastard!!!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2011, 10:39:58 pm »
Another ' o '. Spearo, Johnno, Gerro, Robbo, Flanno, and now Hendo.