Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 55519 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »
Where is it £17.99 mate?

It's not now :) But it will a few months down the line, I'm prepared to wait.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
Gets better with every play this - and it's making me think that Thomas Müller would be a cracking long-term replacement for Dirk on our right/attack!

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:04 am »
Gets better with every play this - and it's making me think that Thomas Müller would be a cracking long-term replacement for Dirk on our right/attack!
Bayern wouldn't even sell Gomez with the player wanting to leave and them not necessarily needing him one year ago. No way they'd sell one of the brightest prospects in German football (after Özil/Goetze/Hummels). But I agree that he'd be pefrect and even is comparable to Dirk in many (positive) ways.

Can't wait till Thursday. After playing the Demo nonstop and starting a new Master League in 2011 I'm deffo gonna get this and not FIFA.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #603 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:00 am »
Initial thoughts after having played the proper game with a mate for an hour:

A lot faster than the demo. You need to put it back to -1 to have the same pace.
Keepers are worse than the demo, and Im on top player.
Passing is easier, defending is hard.
Andy Carroll is everything we want him to be in real life. So good in the air, a dream on set pieces.
The easiest way to score seems to be by crosses and headers. Easier than the demo.
A lot more fluid than the demo.
Shooting is a dream.

Played 2 games against him, me LFC him first Real then Barca. Bear in mind I've been playing the demo non stop since it came out and it was his first go. He beat me 3-2 with Real and tonked me 5-1 with Barca.

Played 2 games against him with LFC vs Milan, beat him 2-1 and 4-2.

An annoying thing. When you do your formation and everything, and the game finishes and you put play again, guess what...Nothing is saved. You need to start all over. So annoying. I supposed you need to edit the teams in the main menu, but still its ridiculous.

All in all though, great game and great fun. Very fluid and very much like the old PES in the sense where you want to keep playing.

Going to start a league now, will give you feedback after a couple of hours play.

How do you have the full version? It doesn't come out for a couple weeks.

I just read the wiki page. How do we yanks get it first? That makes no sense.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:33 am »
How do you have the full version? It doesn't come out for a couple weeks.

I just read the wiki page. How do we yanks get it first? That makes no sense.

I live in Beirut, it came out here on Monday and so did Fifa.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #605 on: September 28, 2011, 11:50:09 am »
I live in Beirut, it came out here on Monday and so did Fifa.

Aren't Blu-Ray region free...so anyone could order it now?

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:44 pm »
Aren't Blu-Ray region free...so anyone could order it now?

Yep. In fact, if you go on amazon.fr it says it's coming out tomorrow in France.

You may as well order it from there instaed of waiting 2 weeks.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #607 on: September 28, 2011, 12:16:53 pm »
Yep. In fact, if you go on amazon.fr it says it's coming out tomorrow in France.

You may as well order it from there instaed of waiting 2 weeks.

Will there be additional import charges and high delivery costs?  Returns policy on items purchased from abroad?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: September 28, 2011, 01:28:47 pm »
Will there be additional import charges and high delivery costs?  Returns policy on items purchased from abroad?

No clue mate.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: September 28, 2011, 01:55:16 pm »
Amazon should be selling it. It's out here tomorrow, too. So there shouldn't be any concerns about return policy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PES-2012-Evolution-Soccer-germany/dp/B005G170OC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1317214165&sr=8-10

But then again u'll need to patch it for english commentary.

Just checked on PES 2011 and there u don't need to patch it for english menus, so if u don't care about the commentary u're good to go me thinks. If it's the same as on PES 2011 of course.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: September 28, 2011, 02:23:44 pm »
Dont know about commentary, I bought this game on the 26th of Septemeber (its got Ronaldo and Neymar on the cover) and I've got the full comentary and menus in English.

No patch needed.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2011, 02:26:08 pm »
Am i the only one having issues with players sprinting on the ball, suddenly just stopping?

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: September 28, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »
Dont know about commentary, I bought this game on the 26th of Septemeber (its got Ronaldo and Neymar on the cover) and I've got the full comentary and menus in English.

No patch needed.
That's because u got the U.S. Version. It'll be cheaper and save to order it inside of the E.U. for someone from the U.K. Plus if u import outside of the E.U. u might have to pay additional charges and wait longer.

September 27th
North America
Middle America
South America

September 29th
Austria
Cyprus
Germany
France
Greece
Israel
Italy
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

October 13th
Czech Republic
Netherlands
Middle East
Poland
Scandinavia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Australia
New Zealand

October 14th
Ireland
United Kingdom

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2011, 03:34:54 pm »
<----Be Warned fellas if you buy an non-uk version you will not be able to use newly created option files by the likes of WENB or others for 2012, there is a code on each game on Europe/US etc is different from UK units...but you can import option file data from 2011 from your hard drive.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »
Playing with the camera on blimp. It's like watching Barca at the Nou camp from high up. It's great though as you dont need the radar (its not even there in fact), it really allows you to see everything thats going on and with the ability to make your players run off the ball, it opens up new boundaries.

Set pieces are fantastic. Adam to Carroll is a dream!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:11:45 pm by Brentie »

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2011, 10:11:07 pm »
<----Be Warned fellas if you buy an non-uk version you will not be able to use newly created option files by the likes of WENB or others for 2012, there is a code on each game on Europe/US etc is different from UK units...but you can import option file data from 2011 from your hard drive.

That's why I was asking about the return policy ;)

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2011, 10:36:47 pm »
Playing for 4 straight hours, store sold it one day early.

Online Name is SangPutride, feel free to add me.

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #617 on: September 28, 2011, 11:33:32 pm »

Got a question along those lines: If I buy the US version, will I only be able to play people from North America?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:08 am »
Playing for 4 straight hours, store sold it one day early.

Online Name is SangPutride, feel free to add me.

How are you liking it mate?

Last night's the first time I really couldnt stop playing. Just one more game I kept saying to myself.

Love just how many different goals you can score. In a few games yesterday, I scored a 30 yarder into the top corner with Downing, a lofted through ball that Henderson ran into an finished, a bullet header from an Adam corner by Carroll, a diagonal daisy cutter by Gerrard etc. There really is no set way to score against the computer and it's immensely rewarding when you create a one on one chance.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #619 on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:10 am »
How are you liking it mate?

Last night's the first time I really couldnt stop playing. Just one more game I kept saying to myself.

Love just how many different goals you can score. In a few games yesterday, I scored a 30 yarder into the top corner with Downing, a lofted through ball that Henderson ran into an finished, a bullet header from an Adam corner by Carroll, a diagonal daisy cutter by Gerrard etc. There really is no set way to score against the computer and it's immensely rewarding when you create a one on one chance.

Any chance you'd be able to post up some of the player face shots for those not previously done with proper faces - i.e. Carroll, Suarez, Henderson, Adam, Kelly, Flanagan, Spearing, etc...?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:06 am »
Any chance you'd be able to post up some of the player face shots for those not previously done with proper faces - i.e. Carroll, Suarez, Henderson, Adam, Kelly, Flanagan, Spearing, etc...?

No clue how mate, and net is so slow here in Beirut it would take me weeks!

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: September 29, 2011, 10:56:26 am »
Spearing, Flanagan and Robinson aren't really recognizeable. They seem to have updated Adam a bit, but still not close enough to the original, same with Enrique. Suarez has the wrong hairstyle, but his face seems like the real one.
However, they did new faces for Henderson, Carroll, Kelly and really updated some of the older ones (Lucas, Kuyt) and they look really good (Plus the commentator knows the names for our whole first team). Don't really care that much though, cause the first good patch from pesedit will completly overhaul the game.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #622 on: September 29, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »
I thought PES was the official game of LFC? Back to Merseyside red?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #623 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:25 pm »
Wow those faces look amazing!! Kelly stands out.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: September 29, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »
I thought PES was the official game of LFC? Back to Merseyside red?
Think that was 2010 only, 2011 had MSR, too. Still no problem, pesedit should have the patches up witthin no time.

One thing that annoys me are the new "features" of Master League online. U don't pay per game anymore, but u need to pay your players. U can choose between 10,20 and 50 matches payment. Might be more realistic, but I can't buy one fuckin' player, as I have only enough to pay the players wages and u don't earn enough playing games. Need to mention that I only have the standard Master League team + Suarez and Götze. Hope they'll do something there.

Was thinking about a team like this for ML online:

---------Striker--------------
------------Suarez------------
Hazard----------------Götze
---------DM-----Gerrard-----
Enrique--------------------RB
-----Agger--Hummels------
------------Pepe-------------

Still can't think of a lone striker, need a pacy one, but not too expensive ragarding wages and everything (Carroll/Hulk/Falcao/Cavani). DM I might just go for Lucas. Dream RB would be Lahm, but I could never afford that.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »
Ugh......... another two weeks till this comes out. I dont think i'm going to be able to hold out. Fifas out tomorrow and i enjoy that too, but i dont want to buy two games :-\

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #626 on: September 30, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »
Ugh......... another two weeks till this comes out. I dont think i'm going to be able to hold out. Fifas out tomorrow and i enjoy that too, but i dont want to buy two games :-\

Buy FIFA and return it?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: September 30, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »
Buy FIFA and return it?
I'll end up sticking with it though. I'll get stuck into career mode and wont stop playing it. I'll hold out. Am gonna pick up Fifa at crimbo

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: October 1, 2011, 11:26:21 am »

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: October 2, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »
Anybody up for some friendlies online? Just let me know, SangPutride is my Username. U can send me a pm for icq/skype contact data.

Anybody keen to share their strats and Master League online teams yet?

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #630 on: October 3, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »
These 'ere Pesedit patches and ting; do you need to have a flashed 360 to use them, or do they work with legit consoles?
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #631 on: October 3, 2011, 09:31:01 pm »
These 'ere Pesedit patches and ting; do you need to have a flashed 360 to use them, or do they work with legit consoles?

Mostly for PC :(

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 review: Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/review.html?tag=games%3Bgame_title%3B2

One of the cons they noted was a lack of new game modes.

...It's a football game. What do you want? It has a manager mode, cups and tourneys, and exhibition. What else could you possibly add?

Hell, even FIFA doesn't have a proper way to set up international tournaments. You have to manually make a team list.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 09:33:26 pm by skooma »

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 3, 2011, 10:45:50 pm »
Mostly for PC :(

One of the cons they noted was a lack of new game modes.

...It's a football game. What do you want? It has a manager mode, cups and tourneys, and exhibition. What else could you possibly add?

Hell, even FIFA doesn't have a proper way to set up international tournaments. You have to manually make a team list.
And to add to that they added some depth to the existing modes, too. U can now respond to players that have problems (e.g. want another squad number, are exahusted, want to play more...). Shame Stevie is always pissed of, cuz I won't give him the number 10 lol. And stuff like your co trainer explaining opposing teams tactics to you, and so many more stuff in the Master League.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #633 on: October 3, 2011, 11:12:47 pm »
Just received retail code today, not had any time with it yet. First goal conceded Skrtel OG, scored a curler with Suarez. Seems springier than demo 2 and LFC's off the ball AI movement really good.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: October 3, 2011, 11:23:48 pm »
Anyone got a definite answer for this question? Someone who played pes 2011 with the patches on an unflashed xbox?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #635 on: October 4, 2011, 12:38:47 am »
Anyone got a definite answer for this question? Someone who played pes 2011 with the patches on an unflashed xbox?

Yes, you can use Option Files / Edit Data made by other people on an unmodified Xbox 360.

No, you cannot use the more sophisticated Patches (requires a JTAG console / burning your own disc with the games internal .img files being modified) on an unmodified Xbox 360.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: October 4, 2011, 12:54:29 am »
Can't wait for this. I was taken by the FIFA demo and bought that shit. Really, really did not like the game at all. One of my favourite things about Pro is editing the teams so the kits look decent (although I might get one of the files from someone else as they do a better job) and editing players' stats from pesstatsdatabase. I was still doing that as recently as about two weeks ago.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #637 on: October 4, 2011, 01:07:03 am »
Can't wait for this. I was taken by the FIFA demo and bought that shit. Really, really did not like the game at all. One of my favourite things about Pro is editing the teams so the kits look decent (although I might get one of the files from someone else as they do a better job) and editing players' stats from pesstatsdatabase. I was still doing that as recently as about two weeks ago.

I've always found it so frustrating that the site (pesstatsdatabase) don't produce and released their own edit file - I tend to download the WENB file to provide kits, squad updates, etc, and then update the stats according to pesstats... but it's a lot of work (given that another WENB update is required in February and that this wipes your edited player data).

Also, if you've not got the time to update the whole of, say the Premier League then the game can become unplayable to an extent - pesstatsdatabase stats maybe don't give consideration to the weighting of attributes brought about by Konami's annual 'updating' of the game - it distorts the realistic differences between the top sides and the weakers ones.

Always prefer pesstats for the sides me and a couple of mates use on the community mode though - much better than Konami's defaults.

I long for the day when I see the PESSTATSDATABASE OPTIONS FILE announced!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: October 4, 2011, 07:42:23 am »
Yes, you can use Option Files / Edit Data made by other people on an unmodified Xbox 360.

No, you cannot use the more sophisticated Patches (requires a JTAG console / burning your own disc with the games internal .img files being modified) on an unmodified Xbox 360.
Cheers pal. What would the more sphisticated patches consist of?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: October 4, 2011, 09:05:28 am »
So been playing this game for more than a week straight.

I think the postives have been well explained by myself and other people. It's a world apart from PES 11. It's taken the best bits of that game and improved on the negatives.

AI is a world apat from 11. Defensively and offensively. However, I find myself still getting frustrated by some lack of movement at times. The good thing is you can use the R3 button to make your players run. Without it, you'll be alot more frustrated.

Refs are better and more importantly, you dont have replays after every foul. Also, you no longer get caught by a player if you've run past him at every time. Once you're though on goal, if you're a speedy player, the center back will struggle to get back and stop you.

It's very very hard to score 1 on 1s, nigh on impossible. Maybe it's my technique, I dont know but I really struggle to put the ball in the net on 1 on 1s which is very frustrating as it's so hard to create a one on one  chance you feel very rewared when you have that chance.

Passing is a bit pingy to be honest but thats because I have a high level of assisted passing.I tried lowering it and it stops being so pingy. Set pieces are great and theres no one sure way of scoring.

I played a season on pro and got to 3rd a few poitns off 1st. Now on top player and am hovering aroudn the top 6. Definately a very hard game at the top level.

You guys will enjoy this. Its not as good as the best PES of all times, but it's certainly the best one in years.