Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 55506 times)

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #640 on: October 4, 2011, 09:53:56 am »
Cheers pal. What would the more sphisticated patches consist of?
Go to pesedit.com and check their patch out, it's already released. They'll add interchangeable second divisions (2nd Bundesliga, Championship), teams, players,  stadiums, facemods (that work online), kits, emblems, boots, balls...
With the kitserver u can even edit the songs and chants. Last year I had YNWA as a chant to open the matches. This year, I'll see if I can get my Fiels of Anfield Road to work during the match.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #641 on: October 4, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »
Cheers pal. What would the more sphisticated patches consist of?

The last one I used (PS3, which was a bit easier to do than Xbox but won't be doable on PES 2012 unless there's a breakthrough on the PS3 hacking scene) was pretty much a full overhaul, new menu graphics, lots of new teams (Championship, Bundesliga, Champions League roster changed), all team badges and kits, some player faces improved, scoreboards were changed, pitch textures, even the commentary was replaced with the commentary from  FIFA World Cup 2010. Much of it was overkill and to be honest I still preferred the Xbox version with the more simple Option File the majority of the time, I would have been happy with a patch that just had the team, kit and badge changes, the majority of which can be achieved without a patch.

It's worth noting that the last time I used a patched PES disc on Xbox 360 I was banned from Xbox Live not long after. Could be a coincidence because I think my little brother was also playing an early release of Gears of War at the time, but I'm not sure how safe a modified disc like that can possibly be on Live so I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: October 4, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »
Cheers lads. Once i can upgrade the kits without a modified xbox im happy

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: October 4, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »
Created an online Community for everyone that's intrested. Community name is "RAWK" and password is "reina" (without ").
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline NuncaCaminarįsSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #644 on: October 5, 2011, 03:13:33 am »
Anyone else find this game near impossible on top player? It feels pretty good on professional but the knowledge that Im not playing the game at the highest difficulty is eating away at me...

Btw, Im playing with all assists off.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: October 5, 2011, 08:46:37 am »
Anyone else find this game near impossible on top player? It feels pretty good on professional but the knowledge that Im not playing the game at the highest difficulty is eating away at me...

Btw, Im playing with all assists off.

It's very hard on top player, no doubt. But thats a good thing, I dont think any one of us has mastered the game yet.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #646 on: October 5, 2011, 10:07:02 am »
It's very hard on top player, no doubt. But thats a good thing, I dont think any one of us has mastered the game yet.

I'm sure I read that they'd reintroduced the bonus difficulty, too?  In other words, an equivilant to the old '******' that you could buy in the 'shop'.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: October 5, 2011, 10:43:06 am »
I'm sure I read that they'd reintroduced the bonus difficulty, too?  In other words, an equivilant to the old '******' that you could buy in the 'shop'.

Think we're all a long way from that mate :)

Is anyone playing with the players runs on maual? Havent tried that yet since my first go.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #648 on: October 5, 2011, 11:15:06 am »
Playing UK retail game, game is really hard to begin with. But when you start to master it and set some runs off: superb.

The other game may have better animations and it may have the mainstream sales sown up but PES this year is really good fun and flows like football, you have to measure your passes and think ahead.

It plays like Xabi Alonso in his prime for Liverpool. And a lot of people are going to be addicted to Football life, the mode that takes in Masterleague and Become a Legend.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #649 on: October 5, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »
Thanks for the replies re edit files, chaps. 360 is unmodified so guess would only get the most basic updates but even if that's just player/team names and kits I'd be happy.

Hearing from those who've played it is exciting, good to hear PES back on form...

Edit: ...at least it was until I tried the demo. It's so sluggish, really not that impressed. Is there that much of a difference between the demo and retail? After being enthused by the good feedback and decent reviews I'm now struggling to see what the fuss is about. sadface.jpg
« Last Edit: October 5, 2011, 08:35:47 pm by Ben_JP »
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: October 6, 2011, 10:34:49 am »
Thanks for the replies re edit files, chaps. 360 is unmodified so guess would only get the most basic updates but even if that's just player/team names and kits I'd be happy.

Hearing from those who've played it is exciting, good to hear PES back on form...

Edit: ...at least it was until I tried the demo. It's so sluggish, really not that impressed. Is there that much of a difference between the demo and retail? After being enthused by the good feedback and decent reviews I'm now struggling to see what the fuss is about. sadface.jpg
Did you play the second or the first one? Game itself is pretty much like the second. Then again, it's always better to play vs human opposition rather than a cpu.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2011, 12:12:41 pm by SangPutride »

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: October 6, 2011, 10:38:46 am »

If its demo 1, no its nothing like it. Plays like another game.

Similar to demo 2 though, but a lot more fluid.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: October 6, 2011, 06:27:37 pm »
Actually not sure if it was demo one or two. Although first impressions weren't good, I still have an urge to play it, so it must be doing something right.

More fluid is good, just felt like players took an age to control the ball, and would often lose possession because of it. Or am I doing something horrendously wrong?

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: October 6, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »
Kust click somewhere inside this video and u can see how fluid it is (and compare it to your demo). If u like playing Master League etc. this year has the best version of of the deeper gaming modes till now.

Ofc there are some tricks for ball control, think u need to move the stick in the direction the ball is coming from to control it properly. And if u push sprinting button the ball will go through and your player running behind it, giving u a fast start for a sprint.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: October 6, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »
Kust click somewhere inside this video and u can see how fluid it is (and compare it to your demo). If u like playing Master League etc. this year has the best version of of the deeper gaming modes till now.

Ofc there are some tricks for ball control, think u need to move the stick in the direction the ball is coming from to control it properly. And if u push sprinting button the ball will go through and your player running behind it, giving u a fast start for a sprint.

Wtf is that video???

When it shows the league it shows the proper Premier League logo and also a Bundesliga logo. Is there something I don't know?

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: October 6, 2011, 11:02:23 pm »
Wtf is that video???

When it shows the league it shows the proper Premier League logo and also a Bundesliga logo. Is there something I don't know?
pesedit.com

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: October 6, 2011, 11:11:20 pm »
pesedit.com

Is that a PC version they are showing? I'm on 360, could I get something like that?

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: October 6, 2011, 11:19:04 pm »
Is that a PC version they are showing? I'm on 360, could I get something like that?
U can read that on the pages before. I don't have a clue, as I play on PC. Maybe u can send the user who know about this stuff PMs. But I reckon it'll take a while, before the first good mods for consoles are released, though. pesedit is and was always the best source (at least for PC versions).

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #658 on: October 7, 2011, 12:26:32 am »

If you don't mind a bit of messing around with a USB memory stick and copying files over, you can get something silmilar, though less comprehensive in the form of an option file for the Xbox 360.

The PES 2012 version of the one I used last year isn't out yet, but from the screenshots the progress is going well and they're hoping to release it by the 14th when the PAL English version is released officially: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86476

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: October 7, 2011, 12:52:00 am »
Wow and he'll have the Bundesliga as well. Excellent. I'll defo be taking advantage of that. Cheers mate.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: October 7, 2011, 06:43:46 am »
Played first few games... think its really good, best pes since pes5. not as realistic as fifa but much more fun to play.

those who have PC version try 'no blur' patch for this. game looks much better removing blur effect.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #661 on: October 7, 2011, 09:51:02 am »
Have to say it pretty good! I still have pro 6 installed (with the classic team patch) as it was the best IMHO. 2012 is fun, fluid, the defending I am getting the hang of, more of a timed challenge rather than mad button pushing. The bloody computer has scored some lovely goals, a wee eyebrows header being a highlight :(

EVOWEB is a great site for option files/patches. You have to reg to view their forums but it is worth it. I installed the vietnam patch for proper team names and kits, looks stunning! They are working on new chants, stadiums etc etc. They really do have too much time on their hands....
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #662 on: October 7, 2011, 03:27:30 pm »
After waiting an age for that shite promo video before pro evo demo 2 I only played it for 25 in game minutes. It seemed to handle so poorly, like its all predetermined.

Am I missing out and should I give it another go. Thought demo 1 was from the 90's

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: October 7, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
After waiting an age for that shite promo video before pro evo demo 2 I only played it for 25 in game minutes. It seemed to handle so poorly, like its all predetermined.

Am I missing out and should I give it another go. Thought demo 1 was from the 90's

Yeah, go to settings and turn all assisted passing, shooting and tackling off!

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #664 on: October 7, 2011, 03:55:47 pm »
Yeah, go to settings and turn all assisted passing, shooting and tackling off!

Ah.... I will do, cheers. Will give it a go later. Been holding off buying fifa as im depserate to get into pro evo again after playing 6 on my psp while i was away.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: October 7, 2011, 05:09:14 pm »
For anyone who hasn't tried changing the settings on demo2 yet try this out to get the best from the game (imo), Player assist settings: turn CPU shooting, tackling & passing assistance off, keep clearence on. Put the passing assistance bar down to 0. Cursor settings: cursor to semi-asissted, cursor display to wireless controller number. Once the game starts pause & go to System settings>Match screen settings and turn opponent cursor off, cursor display & stamina guage off and then to camera view and pick pitchside cam. Why Konami didnt have these as default or even allow them to be saved is anyone's guess.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: October 7, 2011, 06:29:37 pm »
Ah.... I will do, cheers. Will give it a go later. Been holding off buying fifa as im depserate to get into pro evo again after playing 6 on my psp while i was away.
Think u just need to delete pes12pv and pes12ci and the video won't show anymore. They're in the img folder. That is if u are on PC.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #667 on: October 7, 2011, 06:59:44 pm »
For anyone who hasn't tried changing the settings on demo2 yet try this out to get the best from the game (imo), Player assist settings: turn CPU shooting, tackling & passing assistance off, keep clearence on. Put the passing assistance bar down to 0. Cursor settings: cursor to semi-asissted, cursor display to wireless controller number. Once the game starts pause & go to System settings>Match screen settings and turn opponent cursor off, cursor display & stamina guage off and then to camera view and pick pitchside cam. Why Konami didnt have these as default or even allow them to be saved is anyone's guess.

Sticking with Wide cam, me - don't like Pitch Side.

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #668 on: October 7, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »
This game is the dogs bollocks. I'm an old school PES player so i just can't get into FIFA although it looks good, I play on PC (by far the best platform for PES)....patched the shit out of it, downloading the chants packs now.

True what others say, put all assisted tackling/passing/clearance and all that to OFF and play on semi assisted....these are the settings that make it play like PES5&6

If this runs well online i'd quite happily sit in my own shit and play

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #669 on: October 8, 2011, 01:30:40 am »
Just had a few games now on the Xbox 360 version :) Andy Carroll is a beast, very dangerous in the air and a cannon of a left foot. Didn't have much joy with Suarez, but maybe it's the way I'm playing, not got into my quick passing game quite yet.

For anyone else who's got it early and looking for an option file, I'm using this one for now: http://pesoptionfile.blogspot.com/2011/10/option-file-pes-2012-v1.html

It's not the best but will do for an early one. It's got Premier League badges and kits done (though Arsenal badge looks crap) and the Bundesliga is there too (not looked at squads so don't know it they're done too). Don't worry about it being foreign, I just copied it to the directory as normal and it worked fine, apparently option files are compatible accross all versions (not sure if that's Winning Eleven too) this year. An official data pack from Konami is coming out on the 11th with the transfers and some other changes so I wouldn't worry about that for a few days.

Offline socrates the sophist

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #670 on: October 8, 2011, 10:03:43 am »
I think by far this is the best football game ever made actually, once you get the hang of it. Its just more realistic and tactical than any game I played. Defending is no longer about chasing the player with the ball and anticipating his move. Now you have to be smart. Rather going to the player, now you need to stop him from advancing by simply positioning yourself right. Think of the risk (are you at a numerical disadvantage so be patient, or numbers are on your side so you can be more aggressive). Defending is now about forcing the attack into less dangerous zones before over-crowding them to win the ball. Patience is the key.
On the other side attacking is a treat. Passing is good, movement is fluid (in addition to teammate control which works really well). However the thing that stands out for me is sprinting in this game. Just press R1 and burst forward and defenders won't be easily able to stop you. And when you think about playing football (in real life with your friends), its always easier to lose the ball when your static but once you sprint with it, you'll see that defenders are usually cautious and start backing up...the same with PES

Also heading, you can no longer press square or X and expect the player to clear the ball, you have to press at the exact moment it is near you. Timing is the key.

I'm really very pleased with this year's PES

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #671 on: October 8, 2011, 10:35:56 am »
Heres my setup for the PC version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxWnZWJIVc

Premier League Logo, badges, teamnames and kits. FIFA ref kits too.
UK SKY sports HD patch and scoreboard
Greener pitches
PS3 controller buttons
Foo Fighters music patch (made that myself)
Crowd chants
Blur removal (can't tell from this YouTube video though obviously)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2011, 10:37:36 am by BURNA »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #672 on: October 8, 2011, 12:16:33 pm »
Just had a few games now on the Xbox 360 version :) Andy Carroll is a beast, very dangerous in the air and a cannon of a left foot. Didn't have much joy with Suarez, but maybe it's the way I'm playing, not got into my quick passing game quite yet.

For anyone else who's got it early and looking for an option file, I'm using this one for now: http://pesoptionfile.blogspot.com/2011/10/option-file-pes-2012-v1.html

It's not the best but will do for an early one. It's got Premier League badges and kits done (though Arsenal badge looks crap) and the Bundesliga is there too (not looked at squads so don't know it they're done too). Don't worry about it being foreign, I just copied it to the directory as normal and it worked fine, apparently option files are compatible accross all versions (not sure if that's Winning Eleven too) this year. An official data pack from Konami is coming out on the 11th with the transfers and some other changes so I wouldn't worry about that for a few days.
How do you do this on a 360?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: October 8, 2011, 01:03:29 pm »
Okay, so I took the plunge and the game, generally, plays better than the demo. However, I have a concern about dribbling. Whenever I hold down RB to speed up, the player being controlled will burst forward for a few strides but then hold the ball up or do a little side-step, even though I'm continuously pushing the analogue stick in the same direction.

Manual is in Arabic, so can't check that, and whenever I try the dribbling challenge I have the same issue. Is there a special technique I've missed or some way to achieve consistent dribbles? Joypad isn't causing issues in other games so don't think there's a problem with the directional input.

(playing on 360, btw)

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: October 8, 2011, 03:22:36 pm »

Greener pitches
PS3 controller buttons
Crowd chants
Would be much appreciated if u could give me links to ref kits, chants (fields of anfield road) and the sky HD stuff.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #675 on: October 8, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »
How do you do this on a 360?

I used a hard drive transfer cable but it's pretty easy to do it with just a regular USB memory stick. Just insert it into the Xbox, go to the system settings > memory and click "Configure Now" and it'll be formatted in a way that it can handle Xbox 360 game saves etc.

Follow the guide here for more information: http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #676 on: October 8, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »
I used a hard drive transfer cable but it's pretty easy to do it with just a regular USB memory stick. Just insert it into the Xbox, go to the system settings > memory and click "Configure Now" and it'll be formatted in a way that it can handle Xbox 360 game saves etc.

Follow the guide here for more information: http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3
Thanks.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #677 on: October 8, 2011, 04:57:46 pm »
Would be much appreciated if u could give me links to ref kits, chants (fields of anfield road) and the sky HD stuff.

Mate you'll need....

Kitserver (if you haven't got it already, all the downloads below have to go inside kitserver)  -  http://www.filesonic.com/file/2317557461/kitserver-12.0.7.zip

Chants pack  -  http://www.multiupload.com/AP1AS14M3O (instructions for chants below if they're not included in the DL)

Download Kitserver by Juce:
1. Unpack chantpack into a folder of your choice
2. Install the Kitserver and copy the unrar files in folow folder:
"PES 2012/Kitserver/example-root1/img/dt01.img"
3. Start the Game-->Editmodus->edit teams->
select Arsenal->cheering stance->pattern->
select "Original (Applause Based)",
and this make with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham
326-330 Original (Applause Based) Arsenal
331-335 Original (Drumming Based) Chelsea
336-340 Original (Cheering Based) Liverpool
341-345 Original (Normal Tempo) Manchester City
346-350 Original (High Tempo) Tottenham
4. Save your edit file and play

SKY HD pack  -  http://www.filesonic.com/file/2228851941/pack.zip

FIFA ref badges  -  http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/15150.html
« Last Edit: October 8, 2011, 05:04:35 pm by BURNA »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #678 on: October 8, 2011, 07:16:50 pm »
Use the code EXM5OFF30-1 on Tesco Entertainment and you can get PES12 for £32.99 with free delivery.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: October 8, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »
The PC version of this is £19.85 on ShopTo. Definitely preordering that, the patches last year (as always for PES on PC) were brilliant.

Greener pitches
PS3 controller buttons
Crowd chants

Looks great that mate. Did you have to install anything to get the stadium announcer to use the proper team names when the teams were walking out? Since PES isn't licensed without a patch I'd assumed we'd be stuck with him calling us Merseyside Red!
« Last Edit: October 8, 2011, 08:10:21 pm by Paul-LFC »