Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 55479 times)

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2011, 02:27:50 pm »
Theyre all goin nuts about the slight blurryness on the PES forums. Personally, i can resist slitting my wrists over it. Juce has released the first kitserver for it so patching the PC version is LOADS easier. I'm not bothering buying it on PS3 at all this year cos i know i'll play the PC version. Theres a tool where you can change the new 'pitchside' camera so you can zoom out and make it the same angle as PES5&6, thats something i'm VERY happy about as i hates the camera angle from last year where it pans around when near the goalsposts.

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2011, 02:32:14 pm »
Theyre all goin nuts about the slight blurryness on the PES forums. Personally, i can resist slitting my wrists over it. Juce has released the first kitserver for it so patching the PC version is LOADS easier. I'm not bothering buying it on PS3 at all this year cos i know i'll play the PC version. Theres a tool where you can change the new 'pitchside' camera so you can zoom out and make it the same angle as PES5&6, thats something i'm VERY happy about as i hates the camera angle from last year where it pans around when near the goalsposts.

I honestly don't understand how people spend money on the console game.Its a completely different (better) game on the PC and its definitely not taxing on your system. Juce & his tools/patches are boss.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »
I'm a little alarmed by the fact that United have just subbed on 'Chicharito' for De Gea... :duh

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »
Didn't know you could turn the speed down so i'll check that out later. Takes some getting used to using the right thumb stick to get your off the ball players to make forward runs.

If their "Be a legend" mode is better that Fifa's I think i'll go for this.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2011, 02:59:39 pm »
Didn't know you could turn the speed down so i'll check that out later. Takes some getting used to using the right thumb stick to get your off the ball players to make forward runs.

Hopefully the return of the 'Challenge Training' will be used in Be A Legend.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2011, 02:59:39 pm »
I'm a little alarmed by the fact that United have just subbed on 'Chicharito' for De Gea... :duh

Sounds as though the virtual Ferguson gets even more shitfaced during matches than the real one.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2011, 03:06:07 pm »

Always has been, for me. In comparison to Be A Legend, Be A Pro is ever so basic.
AHA!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »
I honestly don't understand how people spend money on the console game.Its a completely different (better) game on the PC and its definitely not taxing on your system. Juce & his tools/patches are boss.

My laptop can't even run Half Life...

• Anny Roader
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2011, 03:14:16 pm »
My laptop can't even run Half Life...

Never played half life but I thought that was a pretty graphically intense game. Running PES 12 on low resolution would probably be less of a chore for your laptop.

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

Juce said he had no intention of making a kitserver for it a few weeks ago.....but then again, he's said that for the last 2 years and still made one. I used to make Liverpool theme patches for it but stopped as the game got shit in recent years. I might just put me patching hat back on for this one if i can be arsed. It's a shame so many console players never get to see and hear what you can do with the PC version. Tommsen's crowd chant packs are the dog's danglies.

I've never seen so many patches come out so quickly for the demo so the community are obviously more impressed than usual. Luckily, the stadiums and kits that people made for PES2011 are compatible for this one so they've hit the ground running this year. I've imported Old Trafford into me kitserver and apart from it being Old Trafford, it looks fuckin great.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:50:54 pm by BURNA »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:56 pm »
There are still some things that Konami do better than EA though, like player individuality and tactics. And the variety of goals you can score. It may be a dissappointing demo but it aint over yet. The AI is something new in PES2012, so you have to give them credit for that, the earlier build I played impressed me with the attacking runs and defensive cover the AI did. Not seen that before.

A lot of people are really digging this demo, its a bit early to give Konami the complete kicking you like to dish out every year.
I think that used to be the case with the individuality. Last year Fifa did sort of get it right, but it wasn't there yet. From what I've seen in the videos of 12, the individuality is a level above PES IMO. I wasn't expecting to see it, but EA have looked to have done a fantastic job in AI this year, at least on an individual bases. The AI certainly wasn't doing anything that the older PS2 games didn't from the demo. I think too much fuss is being made about it personally.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:15 pm »
Never played half life but I thought that was a pretty graphically intense game. Running PES 12 on low resolution would probably be less of a chore for your laptop.
Are we talking about HL2 or the first one? If your GPU can't handle the shaders, then it won't run PES12 very well. PES 12 has more advanced shaders than HL.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2011, 04:24:42 pm »
Good god this game is shite* so poor the way they run, the way they pass it, you can barely tackle anyone they just get close then that's it ;D, why do you need to tell the players to make these nice little runs, I'm sure the likes of Ibrahimovic could do that without my help, just makes everyone a bit annoying as your doing so much at once whilst under pressure with the ball, it isnt very smooth and the goalkeepers are hilarious, they let anything in, I just had a shot with elano to test it and it went in from about 35 yards easily, even shots straight at them and they parry it.

The games graphics and gameplay would be acceptable in about 2006 in my opinion, EA must be pissing themselves as this is their supposed main rival.

*this is in my opinion of course.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2011, 04:41:47 pm »
Juce said he had no intention of making a kitserver for it a few weeks ago.....but then again, he's said that for the last 2 years and still made one. I used to make Liverpool theme patches for it but stopped as the game got shit in recent years. I might just put me patching hat back on for this one if i can be arsed. It's a shame so many console players never get to see and hear what you can do with the PC version. Tommsen's crowd chant packs are the dog's danglies.

I've never seen so many patches come out so quickly for the demo so the community are obviously more impressed than usual. Luckily, the stadiums and kits that people made for PES2011 are compatible for this one so they've hit the ground running this year. I've imported Old Trafford into me kitserver and apart from it being Old Trafford, it looks fuckin great.

One good thing about Konami using the same framework for nearly every PES PC game is that tools made for one version usually work for the next version and if not, they usually only require a very little amount of work. I think this is why even if the game is unplayable (2010!) a lot of tools and patches still came out because they were so easy to port from game to game.

Are we talking about HL2 or the first one? If your GPU can't handle the shaders, then it won't run PES12 very well. PES 12 has more advanced shaders than HL.

Well I havent played either of the two, I guess I'm thinking of the one that was praised for graphics (or was it gameplay? i'm not too big a gamer apart from football & racing). All I know is that I've been able to play PES5 through 2011 all on a laptop with a 2.0 ghz dual core, 256mb nvidia gpu. In my opinion, those are pretty average to below average specs. Also, keep in mind that the demos are a bit easier to run as a lot of the texture have been compressed and some effects have been toned down in order to keep the file size down.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »
Remember the challenge training in Pro Evo 6 or 5 wasnt it. Trying to hit free kicks into a fucking ccoloured circle for days.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2011, 05:23:09 pm »
Remember the challenge training in Pro Evo 6 or 5 wasnt it. Trying to hit free kicks into a fucking ccoloured circle for days.

Yeah that's back this year. Training challenges were good practice

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2011, 07:09:57 pm »
Does the defender still always get back to recover the ball, even if you're miles ahead of him?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2011, 07:17:33 pm »
Does the defender still always get back to recover the ball, even if you're miles ahead of him?
Yes. Even with quicker players like Nani, I found it next to impossible to shake a defender off.

The most enjoyable part of the demo for me was the training challenges. Very fun to play, sometimes frustrating.

Well I havent played either of the two, I guess I'm thinking of the one that was praised for graphics (or was it gameplay? i'm not too big a gamer apart from football & racing). All I know is that I've been able to play PES5 through 2011 all on a laptop with a 2.0 ghz dual core, 256mb nvidia gpu. In my opinion, those are pretty average to below average specs. Also, keep in mind that the demos are a bit easier to run as a lot of the texture have been compressed and some effects have been toned down in order to keep the file size down.
Yeah, that would be Half-Life 2. Bloody masterpiece of a game, and if you haven't played it, you should definitely get round to doing so soon. It still stands out even today.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:19:35 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2011, 07:18:56 pm »

You must of been really shit at pro lad.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »
just started to notice how scripted passing is. oh well.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:23 pm »
Downloaded this off PSN earlier.

It was so so, i'll try "demo 2" when it comes out. See if thats any better.

Looks like fifa 12 this year though, i always get both but wont be doing that unless the next demo of pes is drastically better,

Its a shame aswell, PES 2 was for its time the greatest football game i've ever played.

Konami fucked up bad this gen.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #421 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »
I think that used to be the case with the individuality. Last year Fifa did sort of get it right, but it wasn't there yet. From what I've seen in the videos of 12, the individuality is a level above PES IMO. I wasn't expecting to see it, but EA have looked to have done a fantastic job in AI this year, at least on an individual bases. The AI certainly wasn't doing anything that the older PS2 games didn't from the demo. I think too much fuss is being made about it personally.

I'm not saying anything about Fifa because I haven't played it but you certainly can't tell anything about individuality until you play a game, not from videos. Its picking up the ball with Messi (or Pirlo) and the animation feels different, they way they take an extra touch to find space, like Xabi Alonso always did.

What I had never seen from the AI was the amount of times defenders would stick a leg out to deflect a ball if your pass was a little short.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: August 25, 2011, 10:16:34 pm »
Its picking up the ball with Messi (or Pirlo) and the animation feels different,

You don't feel that with FIFA?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #423 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:39 pm »
I might actually go and see if I can pick Pro Evo up from some pawnshop tomorrow. Which one was best again 5 or 6. Fancy playing some master league action!

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:45 am »
Given it another go

like walshy said, the tackling is shite, cant get near them, when i slide they seem to walk through it

and the keepers dont hold ANYTHING
could be another year without a football game for me unless the final version is better

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 26, 2011, 12:16:03 am »
I'm not saying anything about Fifa because I haven't played it but you certainly can't tell anything about individuality until you play a game, not from videos. Its picking up the ball with Messi (or Pirlo) and the animation feels different, they way they take an extra touch to find space, like Xabi Alonso always did.

What I had never seen from the AI was the amount of times defenders would stick a leg out to deflect a ball if your pass was a little short.
You can tell just watching the videos. The reason why is because in most videos where players looked like doing things you'd see them do in real life were all AI controlled teams. You could spot the difference between 11 and 12 almost instantly as far as certain individual players behaved on and off the ball, especially attacking ones.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: August 26, 2011, 12:18:30 am »
I might actually go and see if I can pick Pro Evo up from some pawnshop tomorrow. Which one was best again 5 or 6. Fancy playing some master league action!
6 was decent. never played 5, but people say it was the best one. Go for 5.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #427 on: August 26, 2011, 12:18:40 am »
I haven't played it, and I know that gives me no real right to judge, but from the comments in this thread alone I know to steer clear.

PES 2008 - 2011 were all very average games and from what I've heard from everybody else this isn't a huge step up either. Speaking as someone who, to this day, regards PES 4-6 as the best football simulations out there, I think Konami would benefit greatly from a year or two out of the picture. The entire PES franchise has been tarnished by their recent efforts. Since 2008, there's been nothing but false dawns, a lot of talk on Konami's part, and then another mediocre game.

I know nothing about running such a large company of course, but to me the only way I see a way back for Konami on the football front, is to scrap the PES identity altogether and build an entirely new franchise from scratch. Until then I can't see how people's perceptions of PES will change.

Additional; I'm not too keen of FIFA either. If anything I've been known to look at the PES series with rose-tinted glasses.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:20:13 am by S »

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: August 26, 2011, 12:29:31 am »
Given it another go

like walshy said, the tackling is shite, cant get near them, when i slide they seem to walk through it

and the keepers dont hold ANYTHING
could be another year without a football game for me unless the final version is better

I've just come across the tackling problem. They tend to ghost past you with ease and if the don't you generally. End up getting booked, yet when they slide in on your players they always get the ball. Even on the easier difficulty levels its apparent. That could be a bit of a game breaker.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:47 am »
After a few games, it looks like it's fifa for another year.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:46 am »
Loving it so far. lots of annoyance from last game is completely gone. it may not have animation on par with fifa but it has improved from last years game and it looks decent on tele cam.

be grateful they have given us demo this early, its only a old build so give it a proper chance with next demo atleast.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:51:06 am by Kopout »

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: August 26, 2011, 07:26:35 am »
I can make a fair amount of tackles no problem, i tend not to slide in anyway, i use the pressure method. I'm pleased with the lack of bookings BUT it seems really easy to give away free kicks around the box, even when you don't dive in, not so much inside the box though. Played my PS3 version last night as the Mrs was playing fucking Sims on Facebook on PC. I must say i loved my games on it.

Jon Murphy (Europe KONAMI bloke) tweeted the other day about the keepers and said they are not finished yet and will be improved. I aint judgin the demo as i'm only interested in playing online and i won't be able to do that until October.

I'm enjoying it so far. For me personally, sports games can be really over-complicated, especially when it comes to next gen FIFA and PES. We all loved PES5&6 cos they are so easy to play. Personally i can't be arsed with all of the settings on FIFA, it just put me off and i couldn't get into it but i did think it was a decent game.

For PES2012, i'd like to see the keepers improved obviously and have more power in the shooting from more players, because it seems that only players with the power statistics can shoot hard.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #432 on: August 26, 2011, 07:37:35 am »
It's better but it's still not got the old Pro Evo feel. Need to just release Pro Evo 5 updated for PSN, ta.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #433 on: August 26, 2011, 07:59:47 am »
After a few games, it looks like it's fifa for another year.

Judging based on a BETA version of PES and without playing FIFA at all? Lol
:D

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:59 am »

If im honest mate and im not talking about people in here, but just those Pro evo fanboys across the web, its ok but its certainly not worth the hype and reading about across the web on Evo Web and WENB. I listened to the podkast with that Adam lad and Suff yesterday and they were banging on about how this is the complete title and bears no resemblance to the demo.

But then they said that last year too. In their haste to keep in with Konami, they've praised previous years games too much when they were just average and so its a case of the boy who cried wolf.

What astounds me and admitedlly really baffles is that people give fifa a right kicking on the likes of WENB, Fifa soccer blog and Evo web, for all the annoyances that i can see in this pro evo.

Ball watching defenders from a chipped through pass? Check. EA was hammered for that as i recall. A gamebreaker they said in Fifa 10. Well ive seen it several times in this demo. You do it, chip a forward ball and your striker will get to it 8/10 times.

You cant dribble and beat man on fifa they say. You cant dribble and beat a man on this demo! You get tackled nearly every time even with someone like Nani or Neymar. And the reason why is you cant out run a defender even if you have a fast player! I can actually do it on fifa and in fact with Suarez have squeezed my way through defenders and megged them.

The passing on fifa is crap was another. Manual passing has no individuality. Well the passing on this is badly scripted. I can press full power on pass to a man five yards away and it goes there, it doesnt go past him. Turning assisted passing off and its still the same. THe a.i assisted curl is there too, just like fifa.

You cant score the same variety of goals that you can in pes. Again another fallicy. Whack it on manual shooting, learn it and start banging them in with loads of variety, and importantly missing easy chances too. Thats the way it should be. For me with pes its pot luck. I shoot the same way twice with the same player and it can fly straight in, or fly over the bar. I have no control over it.

And thats some of the stupid stuff that gets spouted.

This is a solid game, but still with deep flaws. Ill give the second demo a shot and make my judgement. In my opinion though i dont think it will be all that dissimilar to what we have now.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 26, 2011, 10:45:33 am »

Yes, actually.

Do you really think the 'beta' version of PES will be that different to the full release? Na...

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:12 am »
I kind of like it although there are some faults.

Anyway right after playing the demo I played fifa and I liked the demo strangely better.

Hope they get rid of some things and improve others because I tend to buy PES atm.

But will wait for the Fifa demo to make a final judgement

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #437 on: August 26, 2011, 11:16:36 am »

Well seeing as Fifa11 is vastly superior to this PES demo and Pro11 it's pretty obvious this years will piss all over it even more.
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:56 am »
Well seeing as Fifa11 is vastly superior to this PES demo and Pro11 it's pretty obvious this years will piss all over it even more.

You only dont like PES because you cant cheat on it. :)
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #439 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:40 am »
You don't feel that with FIFA?

I've not really tried since last year's demo: am willing to give it a bash. Always found Fifa a bit samey to me.

People would be silly to write off PES2012, especially if you haven't played it (fella above), and even if you have played the demo.

The version I played two weeks ago now (at Konami) was much better than this first demo: shooting, passing and goalkeepers were night and day better. Apparently this was the same code at Gamescom which has had loads of positive feedback from online people out there (not just WENB btw) and the gaming press (which overwhelmingly favours Fifa these days).

People will overestimate or underestimate the importance of AI according to what they like but - if keepers are sorted for the final game - I can see this one being really good - albeit not everyone will think this.

I'm curious to see what Fifa12 is like too.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias