Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 486294 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Are you tracking your calories mate?

I tried, but the calculator exploded and took out half of the Wirral
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Hit my target on Saturday, making it 6 kilos in just about five weeks. Still not quite where I want to be (and as such have set myself a new target, so another 4 kilos to go from here) but feeling a whole lot better at this point. Much less bloated and self conscious, and finally half of my out of action wardrobe is starting to fit again.

Up to 9 kilos as of this morning. Much slower progress over the last 5 or 6 weeks, not least because of a couple of birthdays in there, but really happy overall. One more to my secondary target.

Slightly annoyingly, I bought a pair of 40KG adjustable dumbbells 6 months ago and they've basically fallen apart, so having to make do with some bodyweight circuits at the minute, coupled with the walking/skipping.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’ve gone really bad. Far too much eating shit. Little bit too much boozing. Put on about half a stone since before Christmas. Enough’s enough!

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
So my local gym is doing a weight loss contest where you take before and afters (in 4 weeks) and whoever loses the most and looks the most different wins 500 quid. You eat what they tell you to and do preset workouts.

8 pounds down after week 2, but man I'm missing the cheese chocolate and beer. Its not sustainable missing out on goodies.
thats good

before the first weigh in i purposely ate like a pig that day and didnt go to the toilet and drank loads of water

mind you although there was good communication throughout for a while the gym never gave the results so i dont know who won
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
So my local gym is doing a weight loss contest where you take before and afters (in 4 weeks) and whoever loses the most and looks the most different wins 500 quid. You eat what they tell you to and do preset workouts.

8 pounds down after week 2, but man I'm missing the cheese chocolate and beer. Its not sustainable missing out on goodies.

This may sound a bit simple but find new goodies. I've a smoothie every morning, it's nicer than any chocolate bar.

Make your own treats if you have the time, you can control what goes in to them, substitute dark chocolate for normal chocolate and put in less than a recipe suggests.

You also don't have to completely cut out sweets just massively reduce your intake.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This may sound a bit simple but find new goodies. I've a smoothie every morning, it's nicer than any chocolate bar.

Make your own treats if you have the time, you can control what goes in to them, substitute dark chocolate for normal chocolate and put in less than a recipe suggests.

You also don't have to completely cut out sweets just massively reduce your intake.
This is great advice, I think. For most people anyway - personally, I find it a real struggle. Have been trying just to eat fruit (fresh or dried) instead of chocolate/other sweet shite recently and it seems to work well from a weight loss perspective, but I find myself staring longingly at the confectionary aisle in supermarkets. I cracked yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks, but will try again for the next few. Think I've definitely lost a bit of fat though. But aye, think the psychological dependency on sugary stuff is something I'm not sure I'll ever break completely, though I'd like to very much. Anyone got any tips for someone who uses chocolate/crisps etc as some sort of comfort blanket?

I’ve gone really bad. Far too much eating shit. Little bit too much boozing. Put on about half a stone since before Christmas. Enough’s enough!
Well done mate. For the realisation, not the weight gain! It's hard at the minute though, with nothing to do but sit in and eat/drink when we're not at work. Good luck with it anyway.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Cheers! Having shit loads of tea and coffe for something to do! Grazing in rice cakes rather than crisps. Have swerved chocolate and sweets completely. Figure if I just do that for a while it must surely help. Will keep up my running too.

Makes you realise how easy it is to binge on crap when you’re on your own at home all day and there’s no one around to give you disapproving comments. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Aren't smoothies supposed to not be a good idea because you've liquidised it and released all the sugar into the drink, so making you feel hungrier? I thought it was better to eat the fruit as it comes so it takes longer to digest and helps keep you feeling full?

And they are not nicer than a bar of chocolate  :D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone got any tips for someone who uses chocolate/crisps etc as some sort of comfort blanket?

I absolutely swear by low-calorie ice cream. It gets me through all of my cuts and gives me something to look forward to throughout a day (as I tend to have it as a desert after my last meal). I'll literally eat a tub every other day if not every day when the going gets really tough, at only 300-400 calories a pop.

My current favourites are:

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collections/ice-cream/products/colombian-chocolate-hazelnut-ice-cream-tub

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collections/ice-cream/products/maple-walnut-ice-cream-tub

https://www.halotop.uk/dairy/gooey-brownie/

Most supermarkets stock both brands and have a decent selection. Both also do other sorts of low calorie deserts which are good, like:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/304393754

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/oppo-madagascan-vanilla-cheesecake/505996-691510-691511

Then of course you have protein bars, but the difference in quality from brand to brand can be huge. My go to for a while has been Battle Bites:

https://battlebites.com/collections/all-products/products/battle-bites-birthday-cake

https://battlebites.com/collections/all-products/products/battle-bites-glazed-sprinkled-donut-12-bars

Grenade is also decent - the salted caramel one doesn't taste too dissimilar to a mars bar (although that may be because I haven't had a mars bar for a while!):

https://www.bodyandfit.com/en-gb/Products/Protein/Protein-Snacks-%26-Food/Protein-Bars/Carb-Killa-Bar/p/1104187?feed=yes&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0QinWKQmLhymihckuqIlip2ylIGzP7aC0mujlzh-iV4Y0rWMpcU0FxoC9V0QAvD_BwE

Some of the more well known chocolate bars have also started doing protein versions. Nowhere near as good as other protein bars nutrition-wise, but better than eating the non-protein versions: 

https://theskinnyfoodco.com/products/white-snickers-hi-protein-bars-12-x-55g-white-chocolate?variant=32117091958882&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0eRi0WoNjTFAKW2jQN5D6d341aRaUvi6swoxxcH8VeofOggyH5u8TBoCzZgQAvD_BwE

https://theskinnyfoodco.com/products/peanut-butter-snickers-hi-protein-bars-12-x-55g?variant=31897863520354&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0dIATXCYgbsGqYr2SJJaOmgRXNSspXBnYn7JQyF9vR8v9yA93TBkghoCurIQAvD_BwE

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/cadbury-boost-protein-29873

There are also protein crisps which I don't hate:

https://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/ufit-crunchers-popped-protein-chips-1-x-35g/220333/?o=thai+sweet+chilli&ladid=uk&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0WPpPsaWA8ORjO6t9ChedQ7qnxIkT_oKifbf8C2A_0Nerb3UOZ8XnRoCyuIQAvD_BwE
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aren't smoothies supposed to not be a good idea because you've liquidised it and released all the sugar into the drink, so making you feel hungrier? I thought it was better to eat the fruit as it comes so it takes longer to digest and helps keep you feeling full?

Personal taste and all that. I've not read, seen or been told anywhere that liquidising the fruit does anything different to it. It's still the same fruit  ;D Bit of peanut butter and some plain yoghurt will have you feeling full anyway.

Djozer, making a trip to the confectionery aisle every 3 weeks is totally acceptable. No one needs to totally cut out stuff like that from their diet, unless you're a bodybuilder a couple of weeks out from competing.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

Isn't it a case where a smoothie or juice could have 4/5/6/7 pieces of fruit in it, where you wouldn't necessarily sit and eat that many oranges or apples or bananas in a row. So you are potentially loading up on calories where you don't need them? You could drink a smoothie and still feel hungry and want food.

I think it's different if you plan them and load them with good stuff that keeps you full or hits whatever macros you need, and are not having them on top of your normal meals unnecessarily.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I'm afraid smoothies are a terrible shout, if you can fit them into your calorie allowance fair enough but for all that sugar I'd rather eat something nice like cake or a chocolate bar.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Personal taste and all that. I've not read, seen or been told anywhere that liquidising the fruit does anything different to it. It's still the same fruit  ;D Bit of peanut butter and some plain yoghurt will have you feeling full anyway.

Djozer, making a trip to the confectionery aisle every 3 weeks is totally acceptable. No one needs to totally cut out stuff like that from their diet, unless you're a bodybuilder a couple of weeks out from competing.

Huge amounts of sugar, more than a can of coke, seems to be the issue and what affect it has on you.

https://nutritionstudies.org/are-smoothies-good-or-bad/

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/your-healthy-smoothie-one-unhealthiest-things-you-can-eat

More often than not, people are throwing fruit and ice into the blender and calling it a day. Now and then, people add a splash or two of milk (or a plant-based milk alternative) for a creamier texture. Often, some greens will get thrown into the mix.

But having that all-fruit-and-greens-and-maybe-some-nut-milk smoothie for breakfast is seriously sabotaging your health — and your goals.

Why? Because you are loading your system with simple sugars. And that’s it.

Yes, you need simple sugars from fruit, and yes, fruits and vegetables contain vital micronutrients to boost your health and keep your body going. But that’s not all you need.

When you only pump fruit and fiber into your system, your blood sugar goes haywire. Without the protein or fats to balance it out, your body quickly absorbs all the sugars into your bloodstream and either uses it all or stores the excess very quickly.

When your body digests these sugars, it results in a burst of energy that quickly depletes, and storing them results in (you guessed it) generating fat. Your metabolism, quickly entering panic mode because your body can’t find the nutrients it craves, slows way down so it can preserve the skimpy smoothie you gave it until its next meal.

You’re going to feel hungry. You’re going to store excess sugars as fat. And you’re going to crave high-fat foods (which is really just your body telling you it wants long-sustaining energy) until you finally give in and eat a large meal. Or you binge on a bag of chips. Or you buy three cookies. Who knows?

The point is, all that happened because during a time when your body needed those macronutrients most — either right after fasting all night or after plowing through its energy stores at the gym — you gave it sugar and maybe fiber and nothing else.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have loads of peanut butter, that's your fat and protein sorted in combination with a natural yoghurt.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I'm afraid smoothies are a terrible shout, if you can fit them into your calorie allowance fair enough but for all that sugar I'd rather eat something nice like cake or a chocolate bar.

You are advocating eating a cake or chocolate bar instead of your 5 a day fruit?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't it a case where a smoothie or juice could have 4/5/6/7 pieces of fruit in it, where you wouldn't necessarily sit and eat that many oranges or apples or bananas in a row. So you are potentially loading up on calories where you don't need them? You could drink a smoothie and still feel hungry and want food.

I think it's different if you plan them and load them with good stuff that keeps you full or hits whatever macros you need, and are not having them on top of your normal meals unnecessarily.

This.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
You are advocating eating a cake or chocolate bar instead of your 5 a day fruit?

The fruit itself, no, the smoothie - yes.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The fruit itself, no, the smoothie - yes.

Sorry maybe I cam across wrong initially. When I said find a new treat I meant is as in find something healthy that also tastes nice to you. I'm not having a smoothie on top of my daily meals it's incorporated in my daily macros. I consider it a treat though, it tastes unbelievable and I look forward to waking up in the morning and having it, I don't wake up in the morning looking forward to having a chocolate bar.

The smoothie is the fruit though    ;D Along with other healthy ingredients.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
Sorry maybe I cam across wrong initially. When I said find a new treat I meant is as in find something healthy that also tastes nice to you. I'm not having a smoothie on top of my daily meals it's incorporated in my daily macros. I consider it a treat though, it tastes unbelievable and I look forward to waking up in the morning and having it, I don't wake up in the morning looking forward to having a chocolate bar.

The smoothie is the fruit though    ;D Along with other healthy ingredients.

If you enjoy it as a treat and you're counting everything I don't see the problem, my comment was more aimed at people who assume that because they contain fruit smoothies are healthy ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you enjoy it as a treat and you're counting everything I don't see the problem, my comment was more aimed at people who assume that because they contain fruit smoothies are healthy ;D

Fair enough, think we got our wires crossed a little there (ooh matron). Probably my fault.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Fair enough, think we got our wires crossed a little there (ooh matron). Probably my fault.

So long as you managed to stem the tide...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So long as you managed to stem the tide...

;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
;D

Right to the core of the matter, and so forth...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I absolutely swear by low-calorie ice cream. It gets me through all of my cuts and gives me something to look forward to throughout a day (as I tend to have it as a desert after my last meal). I'll literally eat a tub every other day if not every day when the going gets really tough, at only 300-400 calories a pop.

My current favourites are:

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collections/ice-cream/products/colombian-chocolate-hazelnut-ice-cream-tub

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collections/ice-cream/products/maple-walnut-ice-cream-tub

https://www.halotop.uk/dairy/gooey-brownie/

Most supermarkets stock both brands and have a decent selection. Both also do other sorts of low calorie deserts which are good, like:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/304393754

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/oppo-madagascan-vanilla-cheesecake/505996-691510-691511

Then of course you have protein bars, but the difference in quality from brand to brand can be huge. My go to for a while has been Battle Bites:

https://battlebites.com/collections/all-products/products/battle-bites-birthday-cake

https://battlebites.com/collections/all-products/products/battle-bites-glazed-sprinkled-donut-12-bars

Grenade is also decent - the salted caramel one doesn't taste too dissimilar to a mars bar (although that may be because I haven't had a mars bar for a while!):

https://www.bodyandfit.com/en-gb/Products/Protein/Protein-Snacks-%26-Food/Protein-Bars/Carb-Killa-Bar/p/1104187?feed=yes&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0QinWKQmLhymihckuqIlip2ylIGzP7aC0mujlzh-iV4Y0rWMpcU0FxoC9V0QAvD_BwE

Some of the more well known chocolate bars have also started doing protein versions. Nowhere near as good as other protein bars nutrition-wise, but better than eating the non-protein versions: 

https://theskinnyfoodco.com/products/white-snickers-hi-protein-bars-12-x-55g-white-chocolate?variant=32117091958882&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0eRi0WoNjTFAKW2jQN5D6d341aRaUvi6swoxxcH8VeofOggyH5u8TBoCzZgQAvD_BwE

https://theskinnyfoodco.com/products/peanut-butter-snickers-hi-protein-bars-12-x-55g?variant=31897863520354&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0dIATXCYgbsGqYr2SJJaOmgRXNSspXBnYn7JQyF9vR8v9yA93TBkghoCurIQAvD_BwE

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/cadbury-boost-protein-29873

There are also protein crisps which I don't hate:

https://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/ufit-crunchers-popped-protein-chips-1-x-35g/220333/?o=thai+sweet+chilli&ladid=uk&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0WPpPsaWA8ORjO6t9ChedQ7qnxIkT_oKifbf8C2A_0Nerb3UOZ8XnRoCyuIQAvD_BwE
Cheers for the suggestions man, some really good ideas here. Protein bars are something I've used in the past, but only as a way to shove more protein into my system when going through gym phases. I've never really considered them as a snack substitute, but suppose they'd actually be quite good for that. Bit pricey maybe, especially for someone who (stupidly) recently decided to go work for a charity and hence earns the square root of fuck all, but worth a go. Protein crisps too eh? Could be worth a shot, as I'm pretty bad for crisps. Never had low calorie ice cream, so maybe I'll give that a go too. Much obliged.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
True mate, but when I go chocolate I go chocolate really quite heavily! I guess it was just a psychological thing, I'd done great at avoiding chocolate etc for ages and was just annoyed with myself for cracking. Not the end of the world though, as you say. I just need to not slip back into bad habits, and moderate the intake of chocolate and other snacks more, maybe be better at using healthier substitutes. Think having a set of scales would be beneficial, but my partner won't let me keep one in the flat (which is ridiculous as she's not overweight at all, but whatever)!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers for the suggestions man, some really good ideas here. Protein bars are something I've used in the past, but only as a way to shove more protein into my system when going through gym phases. I've never really considered them as a snack substitute, but suppose they'd actually be quite good for that. Bit pricey maybe, especially for someone who (stupidly) recently decided to go work for a charity and hence earns the square root of fuck all, but worth a go. Protein crisps too eh? Could be worth a shot, as I'm pretty bad for crisps. Never had low calorie ice cream, so maybe I'll give that a go too. Much obliged.

Check out places like Home and Bargains, B&M and Herons. The former in particular sells protein bars mega cheap compared to the RRP. Battle Bites can be got for 89p I think compared to being £2.50 at Sainsbury’s.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I'm pretty damn tempted by some of that low calorie ice cream now, I've got a bit of space in my daily calorie intake that I've just been filling with the odd slice of cheese as it's good at satiating hunger, but ice cream sounds a bit more exciting!

Other than that I've been cooking chilli a lot lately, doesn't take too much effort in my slow cooker to make 4 meals worth and it only works out at around 450 calories for a big bowl of it. I know there are tons of great options out there for variety but whenever I diet I just find it so much easier to have a routine.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm pretty damn tempted by some of that low calorie ice cream now, I've got a bit of space in my daily calorie intake that I've just been filling with the odd slice of cheese as it's good at satiating hunger, but ice cream sounds a bit more exciting!

Other than that I've been cooking chilli a lot lately, doesn't take too much effort in my slow cooker to make 4 meals worth and it only works out at around 450 calories for a big bowl of it. I know there are tons of great options out there for variety but whenever I diet I just find it so much easier to have a routine.

I once ate the same chicken dish 6 days a week for around 2 years straight.

I only have it twice a week now  :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Never really been all that chunky, I'm slim by nature, but I piled on the pounds from the first lockdown and it was really shit.  However, I'm coming to the end of my usual start of year fast (completely cut out any treats - no chocolate, no crisps, no donuts, no sweets, no cake, etc) and the weight is tumbling off.  Lost over 2 stone in around 3 months.

Haven't been exercising at all, just going for a few long walks to the supermarket a couple of times a week.  It really is all about diet and knocking those calorie counts down, though I admittedly started from an easier situation as I'd put the weight on pretty quickly too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I struggle to lose 2lbs let alone 2 stone! Are you starving yourself or were you just absolutely binging before?!

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan

I haven't quite taken it that far but I've definitely had some long stretches of eating the same day in and out, chicken and pilau rice every dinner for months on end.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I haven't quite taken it that far but I've definitely had some long stretches of eating the same day in and out, chicken and pilau rice every dinner for months on end.

Yeah it was very extreme, thankfully I've found a few more dishes to add to my repertoire in the mean time.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it was very extreme, thankfully I've found a few more dishes to add to my repertoire in the mean time.

Yeah I'm the same, though to be honest I have no problem eating the same thing every night, I just got sick of seasoning and cooking the chicken and rice every day! I've been making a lot of chicken/beef chilli lately mainly because I can make and measure 4 meals worth pretty easily, tempted to upgrade to a bigger slow cooker that can do like 8-10 meals at a time.
Those low calorie ice cream shouts were a bad idea, it's delicious! Sounds great but it's also expensive, I did some mental math and could easily see it costing me like 70 quid a month as my daily snack.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Dude, that's proper hardcore! You mind me asking you what it is? Must be good if you never get bored of it. I used to batch cook on weekends a bit if I was training regularly, normally chilli or some sort of chicken and rice, but nowhere near that level. That's some impressive dedication sir.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"The usual? Yeah I've got some fresh ones as I know you come in at this time on a Tuesday"

Is not what you should be hearing at the local fried chicken place...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dude, that's proper hardcore! You mind me asking you what it is? Must be good if you never get bored of it. I used to batch cook on weekends a bit if I was training regularly, normally chilli or some sort of chicken and rice, but nowhere near that level. That's some impressive dedication sir.

Literally chicken, pasta, broccoli, cauliflower and a sauce I used to make up myself  ;D I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. Very easy to make which is good if you don't have the time, but you're much better off mixing it up a bit.

I'm lucky in a way because I see food as more fuel for my body than something that needs to taste nice. Complete opposite when I was younger though I used to have a terrible diet.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I struggle to lose 2lbs let alone 2 stone! Are you starving yourself or were you just absolutely binging before?!

I went a bit nuts during lockdown, but I think replacing a few meals a week with smoothies really helped.  The first week of no chocolate is tough as hell but you soon get used to it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Started a health kick a few weeks ago, got into running again and trying to cut out the shite. Hasn't been plain sailing so far but I feel a little lighter, although the scales don't say so (I know that checking the scales can be misleading etc but I still do it).

I feel like I'm properly into it now though which is important. Starting out is the hard part, the first few days, but once you get into a rhythm and stop craving sugar it gets a little easier.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
Started a health kick a few weeks ago, got into running again and trying to cut out the shite. Hasn't been plain sailing so far but I feel a little lighter, although the scales don't say so (I know that checking the scales can be misleading etc but I still do it).

I feel like I'm properly into it now though which is important. Starting out is the hard part, the first few days, but once you get into a rhythm and stop craving sugar it gets a little easier.

It's different for everyone but I find not checking the scales regularly to be madness, the results will be misleading/discouraging on the odd day but if you track it all it's great to see trends and to see how well things are going. I'd rather have the odd "bad weight day" than spend months trying to lose weight without keeping track and end up making no progress.