Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86992 times)

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #400 on: April 2, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »
Depending on who we sign in the summer, and as much as I'd like to see him actually playing for us, if Norwich do get promoted to the premier league then I'd be in favour of him staying there for the season on loan, but it really would depend on who we sign and sell.

I think ultimately having him out on loan, where he's guaranteed to play, and playing in this league would be fucking brilliant, as it would show that he's ready for it. We've very rarely (if at all?) been in that position, where we've had someone out on loan to another prem side and playing. It seems to be something that Arsenal and Man Utd do but we don't, or can't for whatever reason. All ours seem to go to championship, league one, and league two sides. We need to start loaning to smaller prem sides where they'll play and get used to the kind of players they'd be up against for us.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: April 2, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
could have used him today in place of spearing to be honest

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: April 2, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »
Depending on who we sign in the summer, and as much as I'd like to see him actually playing for us, if Norwich do get promoted to the premier league then I'd be in favour of him staying there for the season on loan, but it really would depend on who we sign and sell.

I think ultimately having him out on loan, where he's guaranteed to play, and playing in this league would be fucking brilliant, as it would show that he's ready for it. We've very rarely (if at all?) been in that position, where we've had someone out on loan to another prem side and playing. It seems to be something that Arsenal and Man Utd do but we don't, or can't for whatever reason. All ours seem to go to championship, league one, and league two sides. We need to start loaning to smaller prem sides where they'll play and get used to the kind of players they'd be up against for us.

Totally agree, think the last one was probably Guthrie? Certainly helped us figure him out and probably upped his price too.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #403 on: April 2, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »
You can see whats coming,Pacheco will enjoy his time at Norwich.
Norwich will get promotion,Pacheco will say he would like to stay there.
We will sell him for £1million,Pacheco will become a star.
Barcelona will come in and buy him for £30 million.
Everyones a winner except us.
Yeah, because everyone at the club haven't got a clue about footy.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 2, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
Totally agree, think the last one was probably Guthrie? Certainly helped us figure him out and probably upped his price too.

Guthrie at Bolton, is right. Can't think of any more.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #405 on: April 2, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

I think Ayala too, if he's not going to be considered next season needs to move up to the prem, another loan in the championship would do nothing for his game, he's proved he can comfortably cope at that level. The step up to the Premier League is a big one, and truth be told in some cases its better to have the player finding his feet and discovering whether he 'has it' on someone else's pitch rather than our own.

Pacheco I would have prefered to have stayed and seen what he can do here for us, but thats largely down to the lack of depth and the alternatives we have available right now. After the summer loan options may well be a better fit.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #406 on: April 2, 2011, 09:15:18 pm »
could have used him today in place of spearing to be honest

Agree,  watching him run around creating nothing was painful. An enthused Pacheco supporting Suarez would have been much better.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 2, 2011, 09:54:10 pm »

I think Ayala too, if he's not going to be considered next season needs to move up to the prem, another loan in the championship would do nothing for his game, he's proved he can comfortably cope at that level. The step up to the Premier League is a big one, and truth be told in some cases its better to have the player finding his feet and discovering whether he 'has it' on someone else's pitch rather than our own.

Pacheco I would have prefered to have stayed and seen what he can do here for us, but thats largely down to the lack of depth and the alternatives we have available right now. After the summer loan options may well be a better fit.
Agreed but as you say, it depends on who comes in and what the squad depth looks like. 1st prize is we have enough quality backup to loan Dani to Norwich for the season and have him develop by playing week in, week out in the Prem!

Agree with doing the same with Ayala.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 2, 2011, 09:55:43 pm »
He is quality on FIFA 11  ::)

On a more serious note, I am really hoping that he comes back with more experience and earns his spot in our team.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #409 on: April 2, 2011, 10:59:30 pm »

I believe they include clauses in they´re deals that the other team has to play that player so and so much.. If they don´t Fergie will make sure they´ll never get a job again, you get the picture..
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline theparrot

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #410 on: April 2, 2011, 11:32:11 pm »
http://www.andrewmogford.com/?p=383

A blog of a Liverpool fan who has a Norwich season tickets. His view of Pacheco's debut:

Well, first of all some background about me and what I hope to achieve with this, and where I hope to take it (if people are interested).
I am a lifelong Liverpool fan, well since I was ten years old anyway, who lives in Norwich and in his quest to watch regular live football, has a Norwich season ticket.  I like watching Norwich.  They play attractive, passing football, and the ground is an enjoyable place to watch your football.
Since Norwich signed Dani Pacheco on loan, I have been telling anyone who will listen about just how good this player is.  They thought I was saying so because I was a Liverpool fan.  After today, they believe me
I thought I would post this on my blog, and also on the LFCTV forums.  The idea being that I can keep people up to date with how Pacheco is doing in the Championship.  Before today, there were eight games left, four home and four away.  I will only not be able to see two of them, as the other two away games are on TV.  The two which aren’t are on satellite beamback at Carrow Road and I may well go and watch them too.
Anyway, today Norwich played Scunthorpe.  Norwich kicked off second, whilst Scunthorpe were second to bottom.  However, Scunthorpe actually have a very good away record, having won six on their travels.  It is at home they have struggled.  Add in a new manager and it was a potential banana skin.
Pacheco started, which to me was quite a surprise.  He seemed to be playing just off Grant Holt up front, although they would often exchange positions.  Pacheco also played slightly left of center, almost half way between the center point and the touchline.
He didn’t touch the ball for the first 5 or 6 minutes, and then dropped deep, received a difficult ball at thigh-height, controlled it well, and laid it off to the full back who was bombing on.  Pacheco immediately sprinted diagonally out wide, and received the ball by the byline, at the edge of the penalty area (this is on the right).  He put in an absolute peach of a first time cross towards Holt, which landed in the dangerous area between penalty spot and six yard box.  Only a desperate lunge by the defender diverted it for a corner.
About five minutes later – Pacheco won the ball on the edge of the area, and put in a lovely little lay-off.  He immediately ran into the penalty area and received a great reverse pass inside the defender.  He drove to the byline, looked up, and picked out Holt with a lovely pass which was converted for the first goal.
After about half an hour, Pacheco was playing deep centrally and spotted Holt on a run.  He slid the ball through on a slide rule to Holt, and the defender had to bring Holt down for a penalty and a sending off. 2-0.
By now the crowd were really warming to Pacheco and he was being roundly cheered everytime he went near the ball!  He showed some more good touches but did fade out a bit as the first half wore on.
I wasn’t expecting him to come out for the second half to be honest.  The game was won, the opposition were down to ten men, and there’s a huge game next Saturday.  But he did come out, and very quickly showed himself at his best and worst.  He won the ball deep inside his own half, and Holt went off on a run level with the last defender.  Pacheco should have played the ball through (as Lansbury did later on in the same situation, which resulted in a goal) but instead Pacheco spotted the keeper off his line and tried a chip from the half way line.  He got a cheer for it, and it was good awareness, but he should really have passed it.
He then hit the post with a great shot, narrowly missed several other opportunities, and played one other fantastic slide-rule pass to Tierney which also resulted in the post being hit.
He was taken off on the 70th minute to a standing ovation from the whole ground and a fantastic hug from the manager Paul Lambert.
I was really looking forward to watching him play.  He may not have scored but in every other aspect he exceeded my expectations.  A great performance!

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #411 on: April 2, 2011, 11:47:59 pm »
Thanks for the info theparrot. Much appreciated. Please let us know how he gets on.
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #412 on: April 2, 2011, 11:49:16 pm »
Looking forward to seeing highlights of him now on BBC1.

Offline timbo

• Kopite
  • 5 GoWs and counting
« Reply #413 on: April 2, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »
he's on now

Offline WavertreeRed

• Anny Roader
  • Internet Terrorist, Detonating emails every 5 mins
« Reply #414 on: April 2, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »
re above post - he sounds great, really hope he can produce this sort of thing at the top level
Will you please kindly refrain from all this rational common sense bollocks.

Someone has said something on a social networking site, so it must be true.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #415 on: April 2, 2011, 11:53:06 pm »
I`m glad the lad`s debut wemt well.

Thamks for the update theparrot  :wave
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline daviesred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #416 on: April 2, 2011, 11:56:13 pm »
He looks sharp for someone that hasn't had much 1st team action. Can't help but think his nose has been put out of joint at Anfield now...
The King's Speech - There is no-one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #417 on: April 2, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »
thanks carrot...seems like he's doing great
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #418 on: April 3, 2011, 12:01:13 am »
thanks carrot...seems like he's doing great

I like carrots
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #419 on: April 3, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
They hardly mentioned the lad yet the Norwich manager said he can't remember seeing a debut as good.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #420 on: April 3, 2011, 12:07:01 am »
I like carrots

Dani does too...

Eeyoreeee!

Looked impressive in what they showed, pass and move for his assist, and a few incisive balls taking the defence out of the game. Pacheco's the player Joe Cole wants to grow up to be.

They missed out him hitting the post, on his weaker left foot, and his attempt from the halfway line but its not the Pacheco show and they had a fair amount of goals to show. Not that I'm condoning it  :D

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #421 on: April 3, 2011, 12:10:34 am »
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 3, 2011, 12:12:34 am »
He looks quality.  I think we should buy him  :P or at least get comolli to scout him ;D

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 3, 2011, 12:16:39 am »
A loan spell at Bolton last season did Jack Wilshire no harm, and Arsenal & England are feeling the benefits now.

Think this is a good move by Kenny, and if he carries on impressing like this, I'm sure we'll see him back next season.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 3, 2011, 02:48:37 am »
A loan spell at Bolton last season did Jack Wilshire no harm, and Arsenal & England are feeling the benefits now.

Think this is a good move by Kenny, and if he carries on impressing like this, I'm sure we'll see him back next season.

I hope so. He's young and promising, so he should fit in with what we want. Pacheco needs to play football and it's good that he gets to do it. Can only be good for him. Just hope we get to benefit from it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline cooldinesh

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #425 on: April 3, 2011, 04:29:35 am »
here is the bbc link:

Norwich v. Scunthorpe

640x368 / XviD / AVI / English / BBC

Football League Show Highlights + interviews

http://www.fileserve.com/file/CxRUJFJ/Norwich-Scunthorpe.avi

http://www.filesonic.com/file/468900711/Norwich-Scunthorpe.avi

http://www.uploadstation.com/file/zUJWQqv/Norwich-Scunthorpe.avi

http://ul.to/wbk5gzjb/Norwich-Scunthorpe.avi

credits to lewy and soccerpulse.com
liverpool for life
follow me if possible: https://twitter.com/GeorgieDinesh

Can we not just sacrifice Adam in some sort of Satanic ritual to get Lucas back?

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline Calvinnn

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • The king will return us to glory
« Reply #428 on: April 3, 2011, 05:59:10 am »
Good assist, hoping for a compilation of his whole match  ;D
"For a Dane, it's about having respect for the club you play at. I am proud to be able to pull on my Liverpool jersey, and will never go to another club in England. I will never go to play for Manchester United or Everton. It's about a form of respect for the club." - Daniel Agger

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 3, 2011, 07:14:22 am »
Just watched the highlights of Norwich vs Scunny on bbc red button. Gotta say Pacheco looked class.

How the hell Kuyt, Cole and Maxi are ahead of this kid is beyond me.

Kuyt has amazing awareness and positioning but unfortunately a lack of skill.

Cole and Maxi are both shadows of the players they used to be. Unfortunately both brought in at the twilight/end of their careers.

Need To get rid of them both and poor Jova too.

Bring in Dani-boy and two class wingers, two new LB's, and two ball playing CB's. But hopefully Dani-boy will be back here next season.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #430 on: April 3, 2011, 07:28:57 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ5rjPUvg0c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ5rjPUvg0c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #431 on: April 3, 2011, 08:30:48 am »
Haha, I came to link my youtube vid here but looks like someone already got to it!

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 3, 2011, 10:04:41 am »
Just watch the way he plays in that video, in a side he's never played in before, he just knows how to pick a pass and where to move. At 20 years old he has a better footballing brain than most of our midfield.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #433 on: April 3, 2011, 10:14:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ5rjPUvg0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB
You look at what Pacheco does there, and what Joe Cole has been doing all season and it makes you wonder.
This lad looks so so promising. This loan should do him a world of good.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #434 on: April 3, 2011, 10:16:37 am »

we can all bang on about the manc old boy network and bias but to be fair most of them that go out on loan prove their mettle or at least turn a tidy profit - look at wellbeck.

still i completely agree that if norwich come up and indeed want to keep him on loan then a full season playing in the premiership would be an excellent option.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #435 on: April 3, 2011, 10:17:45 am »

didn't we get £3.5 for san jose after loaning him on an option?  yes some people think he's going to barca next season but if he can get a game for them good luck to him we still turned a profit on a teenager.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #437 on: April 3, 2011, 10:32:00 am »
Just watch the way he plays in that video, in a side he's never played in before, he just knows how to pick a pass and where to move. At 20 years old he has a better footballing brain than most of our midfield.

;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ5rjPUvg0c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ5rjPUvg0c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

good club for him to be at - nice football from norwich

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 3, 2011, 10:40:58 am »
Grant Holt refers to the goal average. None of your fancy goal difference for him. Well played Pacheco. Keep it up.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 3, 2011, 10:50:33 am »
Am I the only the one depressed watching that 'debut' performance after seeing the turgid shite we served up in attacking midfield yesterday during our humiliation at the hands of the OFC?

Spearing, Cole, Kuyt. And somewhere in Norfolk, Pacheco is on loan.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg