Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86964 times)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #560 on: April 5, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »
Care to name how many "horrendous" teams we've drawn with or lost to in the past 18 months? It's a fairly long list.

Only one who were as bad as scunthorpe to be fair.

They were fucking woeful.

He'll have a lot harder challenges over the next month or so.

Sure it won't be a problem for him like.

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #561 on: April 5, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »
http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_6852522,00.html

Potential Target For Liverpool
With Liverpool seemingly needing some creativity to open up defences, did anyone see that kid playing for Norwich at the weekend when they demolished Scunthorpe, he looks pretty handy, he opened up there defence on a few occasions, Pacheco I think his name is.
Mark, Oxford
:lmao
:'(
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #562 on: April 5, 2011, 04:44:52 pm »
So what are you saying Juan Loco? Are you keeping your feet firmly on the ground, before getting to excited about Pacheco?

If so, I agree. It was his first game, and if he continues this, he'll start to get me a little excited.

Essentially.

I agree completely with what Yorky said about it being a test of nerve (which he obviously passed with flying colours). I wouldn't go overboard with praise for his performance though because it was against truly shocking opposition.

Last Saturday will have been good for him in the sense that he will feel he belongs at that level immediately. This coming weekend, and the games that follow, will be the ones that show this loan move to be worthwhile though. He's probably had tougher games at reserve level than some of the shite Scunthorpe threw at him.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: April 5, 2011, 04:54:41 pm »
Maybe Norwich might accept a player exchange.... we can loan Cole/Poulsen out instead and get Pacheco back...

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_6852522,00.html

Potential Target For Liverpool
With Liverpool seemingly needing some creativity to open up defences, did anyone see that kid playing for Norwich at the weekend when they demolished Scunthorpe, he looks pretty handy, he opened up there defence on a few occasions, Pacheco I think his name is.
Mark, Oxford
;D

But i think he was being sarcastic there.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #564 on: April 5, 2011, 07:39:16 pm »
I agree with you here Juan, Scunthorpe are fucking pants, let's see how he gets on against Swansea.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: April 5, 2011, 08:25:48 pm »
Swansea will be a good test because he can be compared to the two youngsters they have from Chelsea (one bought one on loan). Similar aged attacking players with good reputations.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #566 on: April 5, 2011, 10:26:36 pm »
Very surprised that Kenny didn't give this lad ten minutes off the bench, just once, just to see what he's like.

Anyway it's a pleasure to see him play for Norwich now. His assist for the first goal was absolutely top class. He's a head-up player and we don't have many of those. Also the speed with which he cut the ball back - that would have killed most central defences.

second that.  i think the pass he gave for his first assist reminded me of one from adjoran inside the defender for brad smith to run on to a couple of games ago.

totally agree we need to keep things in check - scunthorpe rolled over after the red card - but still he hit the ground running. 

no moaning; no negative body language just a 'lets play' attitude.

i remember the photo in the papers the day after burroughs and marsh were sold to west ham. 

totally different story. 

pacheco really wants to show how good he is and has total belief in his ability.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2011, 10:40:45 pm by hassinator »

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #567 on: April 5, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
whens his next game?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: April 5, 2011, 10:32:19 pm »
whens his next game?
Swansea on Saturday, I think it's on Sky.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #569 on: April 5, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »
That's just not true. In fact, he was ALWAYS on the bench, he just never got the nod. Hence the frustration and confusion.

the cards haven't fallen his way

For whatever reason, Kenny just doesn't seem to rate him. Otherwise he would have at least given him a few minutes.

I'm glad he's doing well. Hope he continues to develop. I'd hate to see a young talent getting wasted away.

i disagree.  while he's always looked up for it we've not been in the luxury position of not chasing something either under rafa or kenny.

good managers - including mcsweaty the tramp post aberdeen - don't push the youth team when the shits hitting the fan.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #570 on: April 5, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »
Maybe the best way to improve our team next season is to get Pacheco back.

meh.  buying ashley young; cahill; sanchez; adam and two left backs might help as well ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #571 on: April 5, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »
No, because I intended on watching Spurs have their arse handed to them this evening.

I'm not having a go at Pacheco. I was screaming out for this type of loan (ironically to Swansea). Just Scunthorpe were terrible. Praise Pacheco all you want for that first goal, but no one puts pressure on the the passer and no one even thinks "hey, little Spanish lad running off the ball might become a danger in a second". It was a good debut, against utter tripe. Hopefully it'll do his confidence the world of good and he can show something against more meaningful opposition.

as ever right on all counts - still the wee man did well.  you can't blame him for scunthorpe under estimating him. 

it would be churlish to call it anything other than an excellent debut.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #572 on: April 5, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »
Pure whopperdom if that's not sarcasm. Jay Spearing found his level at Leicester but that - and his place of birth - hasn't stopped him from clinging to the doorframe of the first team dressing room.

tee hee ;D

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #573 on: April 5, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »

good managers - including mcsweaty the tramp post aberdeen - don't push the youth team when the shits hitting the fan.

Macheda's goals won them the title two years ago and broke our hearts.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #574 on: April 5, 2011, 10:50:34 pm »
Macheda's goals won them the title two years ago and broke our hearts.

he came into a team that was there or thereabouts.  we're fucking miles off the pace.  the end.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #575 on: April 5, 2011, 11:01:59 pm »
he came into a team that was there or thereabouts.  we're fucking miles off the pace.  the end.

We weren't 'miles off' a result in the Anfield Braga game were we?

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: April 5, 2011, 11:55:47 pm »
« Last Edit: April 5, 2011, 11:57:40 pm by FernandoSusoLFC »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: April 6, 2011, 12:00:06 am »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #578 on: April 6, 2011, 01:06:17 am »
You have to remember they still have dial-up out there.

And thats on the one internet machine thingy, at the post office, which is also the local pub.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #579 on: April 6, 2011, 10:01:09 am »
I'm from outside Norwich and have broadband AND a laptop ;)

We dont all spend all day on our tractors!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline ginja_canary

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #580 on: April 6, 2011, 11:30:31 am »
http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9274&posts=9

Norwich thread on pacheco.

Only 9 posts.

Norwich fan here  :)

If you want to check up what Norwich fans are saying, one of our main forums is at:
http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx

You might want to check out this brilliantly ironic post here:
http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2470845/ShowPost.aspx
 ;D

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #581 on: April 6, 2011, 11:49:49 am »
Little Story on Pacheco from the Norwich Evening News

Dani Pacheco thanks Norwich City’s welcoming fans

On-loan star Dani Pacheco has thanked Norwich City fans for his “amazing” standing ovation during Saturday’s 6-0 hammering of Scunthorpe United.

The Spain Under-21 international arrived from Liverpool at the end of last month with only a handful of first team games at Anfield under his belt since joining from Barcelona two years ago.

But he looked a class act on his Canaries’ debut – making the opening two goals and pulling all kinds of strings for the rest of the afternoon, until he was withdrawn on 70 minutes with all four corners of Carrow Road on their feet in appreciation.

“I’ve really enjoyed it,” said Pacheco. “I think when I came on Tuesday last week after the international break everybody was expecting me to arrive hungry here, and everyone at the club has helped me a lot to settle here and in the training ground, things like the hotel and everything.

“I have to say thank you to everybody and I appreciate the welcome that they’ve given me. Since I came on the first day they have been trying to keep in touch with me and trying to make everything easy for me.”

As for that standing ovation at the weekend?

“It was amazing,” said Pacheco. “I think after a long time I haven’t played many games for Liverpool, to arrive here at the first game and see how the fans reacted and how they appreciated my game, I have to say thank you to them as well.

“I was really happy. My family came to see the game and I think for the club now we had a brilliant win and it was great to score six goals.

“And personally I am really pleased as well. I think I did well, the manager told me after the game, and I hope I can keep doing the job and try to help the team.”

Pacheco is due to stay at Carrow Road for the rest of the season, although plenty of Liverpool fans wish the Spaniard was turning out at Anfield for their remaining Premier League fixtures.

And the player himself is keeping his focus on the job in hand at City, rather than what the future holds at his parent club.

“Well I think I have to think only of here and Norwich; I need to do my best to help the team to get promoted to the Premier League and then we will see,” said Pacheco.

“I’m really happy here. I’m just in the first week and all I want is to keep playing for Norwich and then we will see what happens.”

With Norwich second in the Championship, Pacheco’s arrival could be perfectly timed to help push the Canaries over the promotion finishing line.

And Saturday’s impressive performance more than backed manager Paul Lambert’s faith in immediately handing him his first Championship start.

“I came straight away and the manager gave me the chance, so I need to give him back the confidence that he gave me, so I’ll try to do that,” Pacheco told the Canaries’ official website – while also thanking Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish for letting him get some games out on loan.

“He (Dalglish) is the first manager to allow the move, after Paul, and I have to appreciate that from him, that he allowed me to come here and enjoy playing football here.

“It’s been brilliant. He (Lambert) has been close to me, trying to make sure I am happy here and I understand the way he wants me to play and the way the team needs me, and that is what I am trying to do.”

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #582 on: April 6, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »
Norwich fan here  :)

If you want to check up what Norwich fans are saying, one of our main forums is at:
http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx

You might want to check out this brilliantly ironic post here:
http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2470845/ShowPost.aspx
 ;D

Welcome Ginja_canary.  I have to say that I didn't find any irony in the 2nd link at all.  Good to know there is a site where we can follow what Norwich fans think of Dani though.  I'm looking forward to watching Norwich on Saturday night to see how Dani does against better opposition than Stockport.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline ginja_canary

• Boys Pen
« Reply #583 on: April 6, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »
Welcome Ginja_canary.  I have to say that I didn't find any irony in the 2nd link at all.
Cheers greenstien :)
I hope noone takes it seriously, the OP meant it to be strictly "tongue-in-cheek", maybe I've just got the definition of irony wrong, lol!

Hoping Dani will be just as effective, if we perform as we did on saturday then it will be a cracking game  :)

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 6, 2011, 01:53:59 pm »
If we let this talent slip through the net I believe we will regret it for years to come.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 6, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »
If we let this talent slip through the net I believe we will regret it for years to come.

If he's the talent we all think he is then he won't get through any net.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #586 on: April 6, 2011, 02:25:31 pm »
Hope he does well there, be good for us next season, whether he stays or not.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #587 on: April 6, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »
Exactly right mate. He didn't just step up to the plate on Saturday, he went way beyond that. Unshakeable confidence and you can't help but feel there was almost a defiant note to it given his permanent bench warming with us. Look, pass and move, put it there please, go on overlap, I'll play it through...etc.

Aquilani is in Turin and Pacheco in Norfolk, and people honestly wonder why we look sluggish and lose to shite like Hodgson and WBA. It's not rocket science.

I like to think Kenny is playing the long term game. We could throw Pacheco in, and hope that he is our saviour - but the pressure and expectation could crush him.

Its better for a young player to develop in a team playing well like Norwich are, than being expected to be the finished article who 'saves' a team who are playing poorly like ourselves
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #588 on: April 6, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »
I like to think Kenny is playing the long term game. We could throw Pacheco in, and hope that he is our saviour - but the pressure and expectation could crush him.

Its better for a young player to develop in a team playing well like Norwich are, than being expected to be the finished article who 'saves' a team who are playing poorly like ourselves

Well put mate. Given the fact that Kenny has been involved with the Academy since early 2009, I'm sure he has been keeping tabs on Pacheco's progress all this while. He obviously knows a lot more, I'd bet my best Sunday suit that he'll be looking to ease him into the side sooner or later next season.

Offline Lark

• Main Stander
« Reply #589 on: April 6, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

I think so as well. I think we're a little bit impatient with our young players and expect them to break in by the time they are 19-20. I wouldn't expect to see him on a regular basis until he's 22.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #590 on: April 6, 2011, 03:30:22 pm »
Was also nice to see that Pacheco thanked Kenny for letting him go.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kenny has had many a chat with Dani about his progress and where he see's him in his plans. Certainly doesnt seem to be any sort of resentment there.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #591 on: April 6, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »
the cards haven't fallen his way

We've been crying out for more creativity before and during about 6 games under Kenny, and even when he's been on the bench Pacheco hasn't been bought on

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #592 on: April 6, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
from that norwich forum:

Just spoken to a mate who has a season ticket at FC Barca Youth Team, apparently when Pacheco captained the side he wore an armband that said "On the ball City" He gets us.

;D

cheeky fucker.....

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 6, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
We've been crying out for more creativity before and during about 6 games under Kenny, and even when he's been on the bench Pacheco hasn't been bought on
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: April 6, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »
there most be better Norwich forums than that horrendous pink one
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #595 on: April 6, 2011, 06:15:35 pm »
What do you have against pink, rapcage!? :wanker
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: April 6, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »
What do you have against pink, rapcage!? :wanker

pink stinks.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: April 8, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »
Norwich game (vs Swansea, who are also chasing promotion) is live on Sky Sports 1 from 5.15 tomorrow

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 8, 2011, 05:39:17 pm »
In other news, Norwich are being linked with Della Valle as well.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: April 8, 2011, 05:42:42 pm »
In other news, Norwich are being linked with Della Valle as well.

Still can't believe we sent that lad to Fulham for PFK. Could've been such quality.