Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 595163 times)

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #2480 on: March 28, 2014, 03:40:29 pm »
Start saving now!

I just looked on the website and no new waiting list applications are being taken. Looks like I'll never get one, then.

I'd imagine this won't open up until the stadium redevelopment plans are announced.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2481 on: March 28, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »
Apparently they've been checking people's ages who are on kids season tickets and taking them off people who can't prove their age, so there might be quite a few in the summer

Surely someone who has a season ticket and no longer qualifies for kids can upgrade to Adult otherwise it is seriously unfair that because your an adult you can now no longer go to the match regularly and keep sitting with your Dad

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #2482 on: April 25, 2014, 03:39:23 pm »
With the new stadium announced, have they said how many of these new seats will be Season Tickets? Anyway to make an educated guess?

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #2483 on: April 25, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »
With the new stadium announced, have they said how many of these new seats will be Season Tickets? Anyway to make an educated guess?
i think there will be around 10,000 general admission tickets. I reckon anywhere between 30% to 60% will be season tickets.
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2484 on: April 25, 2014, 04:16:20 pm »
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/04/anfield-expansion-key-questions-answered/

What proportion of those seats will be general admission and how many will be given to new season ticket holders?
The whole of the upper tier will be general admission and parts of the bottom tier. The majority of those seats will be given to season ticket holders.
All the seats in the expanded Anfield Road Stand will be general admission.

Will current season ticket holders be able to keep their (roughly) current seat?
This is not something that has been planned or discussed as yet.

Anyone have any idea what percentage of the main stand is season tickets now? My guess is that the number of season tickets probably won't increase by more than a thousand or so. For whatever reason it seems like they're trying to increase the number of general admission tickets a lot. Usually its the opposite, since they'd prefer season tickets financially (its guaranteed revenue).

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: April 25, 2014, 05:20:14 pm »
The advantage of general admission is that, instead of having the same fan sat in the same seat every game, it opens up that opportunity to multiple supporters. A season ticket holder might buy a shirt, or other merchandise, at the first home game of the season and never go back the club shop again until the following year. However if over the course of 20+ games that one seat ends up being shared by several different people then that in turn increases the likelihood of more 'once a season' club shop visits.

Furthermore whilst season tickets provide a steady income stream they again restrict the overall turnover of fans. A greater turnover of fans helps create a wider fan base and gets more people, with money to spend, involved with the club. Plus general admission seats usually cost a couple more quid than equivalent price of what a STH pays per game.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2486 on: April 25, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »
The advantage of general admission is that, instead of having the same fan sat in the same seat every game, it opens up that opportunity to multiple supporters. A season ticket holder might buy a shirt, or other merchandise, at the first home game of the season and never go back the club shop again until the following year. However if over the course of 20+ games that one seat ends up being shared by several different people then that in turn increases the likelihood of more 'once a season' club shop visits.

Furthermore whilst season tickets provide a steady income stream they again restrict the overall turnover of fans. A greater turnover of fans helps create a wider fan base and gets more people, with money to spend, involved with the club. Plus general admission seats usually cost a couple more quid than equivalent price of what a STH pays per game.

Fully agree mate - even if the club had opted for a 70,000 ground (new or redeveloped) I'm not sure they'd even cleared the current ST waiting list (28,000? on it and has been closed for around 6-7 years - and so probably has a fair few wishing to join it) - they'd have likely gone for a heftier percentage of seats for the Members.

It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of where the additional 8,500-ish seats go to for the Main Stand redev, and then the extra 4,800 (Anfield Road End redev) later on - as well as any changes to the current allocations.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2487 on: April 25, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »
Ooh just had a look, 1631 now. Think I was about 4500 when the list first came out. I'm edging ever closer!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2488 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:54 am »
Just checked again and i have moved up two places to 13,654 since last check. So a bit of a wait for me then.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2489 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:55 am »
Just checked again and i have moved up two places to 13,654 since last check. So a bit of a wait for me then.

not being smart but how long roughly do you think that will take?!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #2490 on: April 26, 2014, 12:13:34 am »
Out of interest, how many are waiting for a season ticket?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2491 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:53 am »
Its always something ive had thoughts about but I was put off by the waiting list being absolutely crazy, Or so i was told. years and years it takes.

They aren't even open for new applications now. Any idea when or if that will happen for the foreseeable future? Or does it open at some time of year?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #2492 on: April 26, 2014, 12:40:23 am »
Out of interest, how many are waiting for a season ticket?

around 28,000 is the number I have seen banded about a lot in the last few days.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline demon_houghton

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2493 on: April 26, 2014, 03:27:58 am »
I'm at 20,355. Any guess as to how long I'll have to wait!?

Offline cullinp

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #2494 on: April 26, 2014, 05:13:39 am »
Thread prompted me to check, I'm now 3731......been in since 99, I guess there is some hope there.....

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: April 26, 2014, 09:31:10 am »
If it eventually expand to 60,000 and they only give up a few thousand season tickets I'll be disgusted.  Will show you what they really want out of this expansion.  Day trippers buying shed loads in the shop.  I'd still like to see an ST amnesty and audit.  How many of the current ST's are in the hands of the holders ? 
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2496 on: April 26, 2014, 10:39:03 am »
If it eventually expand to 60,000 and they only give up a few thousand season tickets I'll be disgusted.  Will show you what they really want out of this expansion.  Day trippers buying shed loads in the shop.  I'd still like to see an ST amnesty and audit.  How many of the current ST's are in the hands of the holders ?

I agree with the ST amnesty/audit. I'd imagine a maximum of say 3,000 of the expansion will go to STH.

I'd rather there be more tickets to non-STH holders personally, but it would be nice if they got the list moving with more STHs.
YNWA.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #2497 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:39 am »
Surely someone who has a season ticket and no longer qualifies for kids can upgrade to Adult otherwise it is seriously unfair that because your an adult you can now no longer go to the match regularly and keep sitting with your Dad

Think they are looking at people who may be slightly older than the cut off, say 40 yr olds using kids etc
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2498 on: April 26, 2014, 10:50:24 am »

They've already issued more than 2000 season tickets since being here, so not sure is any evidence to suggest they want day trippers.

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #2499 on: April 27, 2014, 02:36:08 pm »
I need some serious help. Mom's finally letting me buy a season ticket, how do I apply for one? I know the waiting list is stupidly long but need some help. Thanks :)

I'm 17, so would probably need to apply under my moms name & only need 1 season ticket :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:39:56 pm by vNauuuM »
Twitter: Nauman_Choudry

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2500 on: April 27, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »
I need some serious help. Mom's finally letting me buy a season ticket, how do I apply for one? I know the waiting list is stupidly long but need some help. Thanks :)

I'm 17, so would probably need to apply under my moms name & only need 1 season ticket :P

The list is closed at the moment, when it opens up again is anyone's guess.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #2501 on: April 27, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

The list is closed at the moment, when it opens up again is anyone's guess.

Ok :( - But can't I apply now & get in the "line"?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2502 on: April 27, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »

You should have applied when you were like 10, by the time you get to the front of the line your Mum probably wouldn't have had any control over you for 15 years
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #2503 on: April 27, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »

You should have applied when you were like 10, by the time you get to the front of the line your Mum probably wouldn't have had any control over you for 15 years

I've wanted one since I can remember, but she finally agreed to let me get one & she'd pay for it haha. Looks like I'm going to be waiting a few years :/

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: April 27, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »
I've wanted one since I can remember, but she finally agreed to let me get one & she'd pay for it haha. Looks like I'm going to be waiting a few years :/

The back of the queue (which I don't think you can join) is probably still 20+ years easily.

There's a reason you see people in their teens and early 20s signing up for 2 in case they have a kid down the line who they could take.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #2505 on: April 27, 2014, 06:20:34 pm »

The back of the queue (which I don't think you can join) is probably still 20+ years easily.

There's a reason you see people in their teens and early 20s signing up for 2 in case they have a kid down the line who they could take.

DAMN :(

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2506 on: May 9, 2014, 11:57:35 am »
I am 64 on the waiting list so praying i get the call for next season but not sure how many if any will be released after the way we have performed this season.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #2507 on: May 10, 2014, 12:25:08 am »
I have moved up 300 since June last year. 7100 now
Never give up

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2508 on: May 10, 2014, 12:52:31 am »
Just had a baby. Any idea how long the list is for father/son season tickets?

I put my son down when he was born, 7 years ago. He's 21,000 on the list.

Good luck  :)
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #2509 on: May 10, 2014, 01:15:35 am »
Fourteen thousand seven hundred odd. Going to be like waiting for a piece of radioactive metal to decay.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: May 10, 2014, 04:39:55 pm »

Why this hasn't happened before all the consultation about the needed capacity and the size of the waiting list . Of the match going reds I know who I actually meet with after the match out of say ten of us , half Inc my three are in someone elses name .

The club are well aware this goes on and surfaces now and again when there are issues with the tickets . Even when i renew it's generally with 3 different payment cards or cash . I had an issue with my ticket and was at tbe ticket office sorting it out . The guy asked me my postcode and date of birth and I was upfront and just told him mr x who has five seats obviously can't sit in them all and there just all in his name and he dishes them out . And I'm only there with regard the seat I'm in and pay for .
He asks why i don't just change the seat into my name which I replied I thought it wasn't allowed . He says just get a letter of the actual holder tom confirm he wants the change and the club will consider it . I pointed out there was a difference between considering and allowing it and I'd be wary in case the club took them away citing the passing on of them as a breach .

As they know it goes on why they just don't go through with an amnesty I can't really understand , having all this up too date information also helps the club from a marketing purpose

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2511 on: May 13, 2014, 12:54:17 pm »
6499 for me. I would hope to get one after the expansion is completed as I would assume not everyone ahead of me in the queue will take up their offer.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: May 13, 2014, 08:22:19 pm »
In all the years ive looked since 1998 there has been only one serious move of STs when 2000 new ones went on the market. Even in the hodgson years only double digit numbers were sent back. Basically if you arent below 10000 on the list ypu are not likely to get one in your lifetime unless something inconceivable happens.

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2513 on: May 14, 2014, 10:51:14 am »
I mentioned above i am 64 on the list but i am not that hopeful after the season we have just had.  I did hear once so not sure how true but in general 50 are released.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: May 14, 2014, 01:00:19 pm »
How many of the current ST's are in the hands of the holders ?

My ticket is in someone elses name - have had it for a good 18 years now I reckon .

No chance will the bloke I get it off give it up - think he has another 4 or 5 in addition .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #2515 on: May 14, 2014, 01:23:03 pm »
When was the last time, the list was open?

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2516 on: May 15, 2014, 11:57:31 am »
need 800 to not renew...

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2517 on: May 15, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »
When was the last time, the list was open?

Around 7 years ago mate.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2518 on: May 15, 2014, 01:20:57 pm »
I am 341 on the list. Not holding out much hope until the capacity increases
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2519 on: May 15, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »
I've been on the waiting list since '93. At the time I was 177,000 in the queue. Last time I checked I was 1,308 in line. I'm not holding any more hope than you are Qston!

WHEN BUSH WAS TALKING ABOUT  "THE EVIL DO-ERS OF THIS WORLD" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS SHITE-ARSED CUSTODIANS!!
THE SO-CALLED "AXIS OF EVIL" IS FOUND ACROSS THE FURROWED BROW ON HICKS' FAT HEAD.

Twitter: @seanmck75