Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 498344 times)

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #3920 on: March 26, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »

I want those seconds wasted reading and replying to this back...poor by any WUM standard...if you want  a reaction to report back to your bitter friends, you need to do better.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #3921 on: March 26, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »
Did anyone see sky interviewing outside Anfield just then,  ::) , some f*ckwit saying Kenny should go, sweet jesus!!!! It's going to be Rafa's last season all over again, it's starting, there are some tools "following" this club!!!

I wonder how many 'supporters' they had to ask before they got the answer that suits their agenda?. Did you catch his name, wasn't Darren was it?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3922 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:06 pm »
People are taking his words too seriously. Kenny was manager when Liverpool had the most attacking and fluid team the league has arguably ever seen (or so I'm told), I doubt he's going to go back on those ideals and turn us into Stoke Mk. II. The way I see it is that he wants to arrest the slump that we're in, if that means moving away from the pass-and-move we've been looking at using (or trying to, anyway) to a more direct style as a tempory measure than that's what's needed.

Offline AJG

• Know All Transfer Guru and Fledgling DoF
  • Kopite
  • It's true, I was Comolli's apprentice
« Reply #3923 on: March 26, 2012, 04:37:39 pm »
"We have got a problem winning games in the league. We have to educate ourselves and maybe we have to not play the lovely football that we have been." Asked whether that meant he was considering deploying a more direct style of play, he replied cryptically "maybe we have to change our philosophies a wee bit" and declined to elaborate.

Kenny really is worrying me. He's perplexing himself.

This is too much for him.

I don't want people asking for him to be sacked, but his position should be looked at but only at the end of the season.

We find Gerrards best position, in which it took years, which was the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3 and we revert to playing him deep in a midfield 2. We keep playing Henderson on the right, and keep playing suarez as a lone striker. Its not working so bloody change it. But hes had most the season to change it and he hasn't.
''I just want to say to him if your confidence is down in front of the 40,000 opponent's fans, just
imagine them like a frog, an ugly frog'' - Mohammad Shahrul

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3924 on: March 26, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »
"not playing the lovely football that we have been"

Just hope he's not really thinking like that, or thinks anyone is buying it. Cause that's an embarrassing assessment, something i'd expect from the likes of Harry Redknapp.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3925 on: March 26, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »
Intresting comments from Kenny he says we are now going to switch to a more direct aproach of football, anything that increases our game winning percentage is welcome.

Offline Aaron C

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3926 on: March 26, 2012, 06:06:22 pm »
Love how everyone automatically takes everything Kenny says in a press conference as gospel. Getting on his back after his comments after Wigan, does anyone actually believe what he said? I for one totally believe he ripped that team a new one after the game and come the summer, his attitude will be different.

He's doing what most other top managers do and that is deflect attention away from players onto himself. I have no doubt though that those players would have been under no illusions of whats expected of them as LFC players. If next season goes the same way, then it will be time to question whether he is right for the job.

I hate typical knee-jerk fans who call for a managers head as soon as things dont go smoothly. People need to remember we are not Chelsea, built on sand. I'm totally confident Kenny will rectify a few problems in the summer, and players like Henderson and Carroll will come good next season.

Seems nowadays young players are not allowed to settle into a team, we need to remember we are LFC. We are the best fans in the world, time to start showing that and backing the club to the hilt

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #3927 on: March 26, 2012, 06:11:26 pm »
"not playing the lovely football that we have been"

Just hope he's not really thinking like that, or thinks anyone is buying it. Cause that's an embarrassing assessment, something i'd expect from the likes of Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp's team is doing pretty well.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3928 on: March 26, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »
I dont see what is so wrong with his comments - unless you are Hell-bent on looking for something to moan about.

From the players most would consider to be odds on favourites for contention in the first team we have lost Agger, Johnston, Adam, Maxi, Bellamy, Kelly and Lucas all out injured. 

If you don't think that has an impact on how we can set up a team then I don't understand how you can think that.

I don't accept injuries as an excuse for our league position.  Even with the injuries we've had we should be vying for top 4.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3929 on: March 26, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »
If Mourinho wanted the job, Kenny would most likely step aside.  I think he and other old school have been quoted as saying he's the best.

however I believe his next step will be to go aonewhere and build...somewhere like us, juve, Porto and he'll dominate in a way we've not seen since Liverpool's glory days.

To your first point, I reckon you're spot on.

And again on your second, he's gone on record saying he wanted to win top 3 titles, England, Italy and Spain, and then build a legacy in the Premiership.

I reckon we'd be just the type of club he'd be desperate for.

It doesn't matter that he's a twat, people would soon come round if he delivered the Premiership.
I think he's a cnut personally, but what do I know.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3930 on: March 26, 2012, 06:22:52 pm »
Mourinho is a twat and he dislikes us. The people and the club.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3931 on: March 26, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »
I don't want people asking for him to be sacked, but his position should be looked at but only at the end of the season.

We find Gerrards best position, in which it took years, which was the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3 and we revert to playing him deep in a midfield 2. We keep playing Henderson on the right, and keep playing suarez as a lone striker. Its not working so bloody change it. But hes had most the season to change it and he hasn't.

and

Intresting comments from Kenny he says we are now going to switch to a more direct aproach of football, anything that increases our game winning percentage is welcome.

All positive changes are welcome but the delayed response is a bit worrying.  It's not October, it's almost Easter. 

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3932 on: March 26, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »
I can't believe anyone would want Mourinhio.

This is the fella who moves from club to club whenever the mood takes him and depending on what will look good on his cv, who runs off at the mouth just to boost his own ego, who has shown no allegiance whatsoever to any club, who hides in laundry baskets and think s it is amusing.

He's a egotistical buffoon and I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #3933 on: March 26, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »

This is the fella who moves from club to club whenever the mood takes him and depending on what will look good on his cv, who runs off at the mouth just to boost his own ego, who has shown no allegiance whatsoever to any club, who hides in laundry baskets and think s it is amusing.

He's a egotistical buffoon and I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Totally agree I can't stand the man.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: March 26, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3935 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »
fuck mourinho, lets replace one of the greatest men to ever walk through our doors, with like, Fat Sam.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #3936 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »
It's not the football that's the problem, it's how we consistently have no players in the box. Ever. We're not going to score if we don't have players in the box. We're turning into Arsenal philsophy-wise.

What does the bolded part really mean? When do we have to have players in the box in order to score?

How can there be no problem with the football we're playing if the problem is that we consistently have no players in the box? How does that work?

Depending on the kind of football a club is playing, the presence or absence of players in the box can be either a problem or not. If you play like Arsenal or Barcelona, you don't need to have players in the box ahead of time to score. Players, in two or threes GET IN THE BOX and score.

Ludi Circenses!

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3937 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

i dont mind who manages us if we win the premier league

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3938 on: March 26, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »
Mourinho is a twat and he dislikes us. The people and the club.

Don't agree he dislikes us but there's no way he is coming here even if Kenny did step down which I hope doesn't happen.

Doesn't he have 2 years let on his contract so it would cost a fortune to offer him a 5 year contract
Pay of Madrid £20-£30m
Pay him for 5 Years --£50-£60m

Total  £unrealistic
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:02:24 pm by rocco »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3939 on: March 26, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »
fuck mourinho, lets replace one of the greatest men to ever walk through our doors, with like, Fat Sam.

:D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3940 on: March 26, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »

Well, I do. I want our team to always have a manager who takes our core values at heart. And if that happens to be a good manager, enjoying the support of the owners, we will win the PL.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #3941 on: March 26, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »

i can't believe anyone wouldn't want Mourinho

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #3942 on: March 26, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »
Not sure what Kenny means by playing less lovely football.

Should we lump it up to Carroll more? I'm not sure what he's suggesting there.

Kenny saying that worries me a little, speaking for myself I could put up with the poor results if you can see there is a plan and the way the club is trying to go.

Surely all our transfer activity had a plan to it, so it would fit into a style of play.

Does this mean we bought poorly and the wrong type of players?

And if so, why has it taken 9/10ths of the season to work this out?  It all seems a bit panicky to me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:15:08 pm by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3943 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:31 pm »
Id rather be worried about the players rather than the manager.Id want kenny to remain in charge,but get rid of the expensive deadwood that we've got now.If we can transform the side with 2-3 15m players after getting rid of a few underperformers,Kenny will be the man to guide us to success in the long term.But with this squad no.Not even Mourinho can do a thing.Not that Id ever want him.Rafa ahead of anyone else.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3944 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:35 pm »
I cant believe people are wanting kenny out and maureen in.This site has become infested with sly fed want it now not tomorrow 'supporters'.Dont think shanks would have been given the time he took to make us successful had these guys been around.What was it he said if you cant support us when we lose dont support us when we win.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: March 26, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »
Kenny saying that worries me a little, speaking for myself I could put up with the poor results if you can see there is a plan and the way the club is trying to go.

Surely all our transfer activity had a plan to it, so it would fit into a style of play.

Does this mean we bought poorly and the wrong type of players?

And if so, why has it taken 9/10ths of the season to work this out?  It all seems a bit panicky to me.

Kenny is quite obviously feeling under pressure to produce results as things haven't quite gone according to plan.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3946 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28:40 pm »
Id rather be worried about the players rather than the manager.Id want kenny to remain in charge,but get rid of the expensive deadwood that we've got now.If we can transform the side with 2-3 15m players after getting rid of a few underperformers,Kenny will be the man to guide us to success in the long term.But with this squad no.Not even Mourinho can do a thing.Not that Id ever want him.Rafa ahead of anyone else.

If Kenny does leave, even though im not big about bringing managers back, i think Rafa is probably the best manager about who is actually willing to come to LFC. 

With support i think Rafa could do a job, but i wouldn't be expecting miracles.  There is so much work to do.  Honestly, i believe most of our problems are one's created the last 15 months ("CHAD") 

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3947 on: March 26, 2012, 07:32:43 pm »
If Kenny does leave, even though im not big about bringing managers back, i think Rafa is probably the best manager about who is actually willing to come to LFC. 

With support i think Rafa could do a job, but i wouldn't be expecting miracles.  There is so much work to do.  Honestly, i believe most of our problems are one's created the last 15 months ("CHAD") 

2 things
well 3

Kennys not going
Rafas not coming
and seriously swerve Chad.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3948 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:47 pm »

So you think before we got Henderson, et al everything was fine because we had Poulsen, Konchesky and the rest?  You think presumably we shopuld have kep them because then all would have been fine because it is only in the past 15months we have had problems?

You say that Rafa would have a big job to do if he were reappointed, and yet fail to give Kenny any leeway for having to start from such a low point?

great idea, well done.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #3949 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:49 pm »
If Mourinho wanted the job, Kenny would most likely step aside.

Kenny loves the club. Why would he want that self-centered ego-maniac anywhere near LFC?

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #3950 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

Wouldn't mind Mr. Ferguson?

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3951 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »
2 things
well 3

Kennys not going
Rafas not coming
and seriously swerve Chad.

The summer could be pretty crazy if we continue on our current malaise which would result in:

1 Carling Cup
8th Place finish with the worst home record ever.
No FA cup
No CL place

80mil wasted

FSG aren't cowboys, they would rightfully ask questions if that does transpire to be the case.

Im all for a change of fortunes but only if it's not a false dawn.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #3952 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:59 pm »
I've lost faith in Kenny but I'd rather him than that scumbag Mourinho any day.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3953 on: March 26, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »
I've lost faith in Kenny but I'd rather him than that scumbag Mourinho any day.

Your not the only one. I don't agree with you, I haven't lost faith but your not the only one and now this becomes an issue.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3954 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:02 pm »
So you think before we got Henderson, et al everything was fine because we had Poulsen, Konchesky and the rest?  You think presumably we shopuld have kep them because then all would have been fine because it is only in the past 15months we have had problems?

You say that Rafa would have a big job to do if he were reappointed, and yet fail to give Kenny any leeway for having to start from such a low point?

great idea, well done.

No but we hadn't paid ridiculous amounts of money for Poulsen etc.  They were stop-gaps (shit, shit, stopgaps) but still stop-gaps while we were in turmoil.

"CHAD" were supposed to be the future, and the cost reflected that intention, but they're useless to be honest (Hendo might become a decent player, and Carroll an 3rd choicer).  Chance wasted.  How many fucking chances are we going to get?  We float further and further away from Man Utd and the other top teams because of our complete ineptitude of the people in charge.  Why sugar coat it?  Do you think Suarez, Agger, Reina and any other half decent players we have aren't wondering what the hell is going on?  They surely are.

Anyway, wrong thread for it, but all im saying is, Kenny better have a few jokers up his sleeve because things are seriously underwhelming after such a strong backing from FSG.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »
I think it's maddening that you can 'lose faith' in a manger that's won one trophy and got to the semis of another in his first full season. Irrespective of league form.

Maddening.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: March 26, 2012, 07:46:45 pm »
I think it's maddening that you can 'lose faith' in a manger that's won one trophy and got to the semis of another in his first full season. Irrespective of league form.

Maddening.
don't you know , kennys spent a billion quid and took over a team winning the league every year

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #3957 on: March 26, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
Anyway, wrong thread for it, but all im saying is, Kenny better have a few jokers up his sleeve because things are seriously underwhelming after such a strong backing from FSG.

A transfer budget of 35 million in a summer when you can't offer CL football is not strong backing. It is a decent backing, compared to the times when we were owned by the cowboys.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #3958 on: March 26, 2012, 07:55:07 pm »
So Kenny reckons if we want continued success at anfield south, we must become wimbledon north!:)
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3959 on: March 26, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »

Maddening.

The devil lies in the detail, and there's so much disheartening detail there that makes people concerned for our future.  "CHAD" don't seem like a blueprint to success for me - ever, despite being clearly being the intended plan.  Any objective fan HAS to be concerned about our pitiful league form.

iAlso, we're not Portsmouth?