Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 113091 times)

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #760 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »
Aldo's Twitter:

"That referee is a joke why we have to have him everytime v them is beyond me man u vest under his top"

Heh, doesn't he know that Webb is our TOP!(TM) referee?! ;)

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #761 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »
I remember a challenge on JonJo (i think it was) in the 2nd half in their penalty box, no peno.....
I didn't see a replay or anything, so i could be way off... but did anyone else see something here?
I think it was Babel, and I thought the same but to be fair I think he might have slipped a bit.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #762 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »
Disagree. If he didn't want to be here he would have left in the Summer and he wouldn't have done his latest interview. If he wants to leave I am sure you will see and transfer request in the next four weeks.

His confidence is shot, is coming back from injury, our football is the complete opposite of what is required to get the best out of him and playing under Hodgson would leave any world class player questioning their future.

He has proven his class and IMO earned your backing.

Take off your I want it now and if I cant have it now, I don't care how good you have made it for me before, we should get rid of your glasses and back him.

Whilst you're there, don't call me mate either.

Fair enough mate,

so what was the starting line-up today lads?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Massimo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »
Loved the way Kenny, raised his fists in the air towards Liverpool fans at the start of the match (when approaching the dugout), never seen a manager so openly happy to be back

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:56 pm »
Proud of that performance. The lads gave their all today, and if it hadnt have been for a corrupt decision or two, would have probably got a result.

Good start.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:08 pm »
Disagree. If he didn't want to be here he would have left in the Summer and he wouldn't have done his latest interview. If he wants to leave I am sure you will see and transfer request in the next four weeks.

His confidence is shot, is coming back from injury, our football is the complete opposite of what is required to get the best out of him and playing under Hodgson would leave any world class player questioning their future.

He has proven his class and IMO earned your backing.

Take off your I want it now and if I cant have it now, I don't care how good you have made it for me before, we should get rid of your glasses and back him.

Whilst you're there, don't call me mate either.

Exactly. He's had the most legitimate reasons to leave last summer and even in this transfer window, but he's chosen not to. Torres has given us three brilliant, committed seasons. One rough patch of form and everyone's ready to discard him. I don't understand some of the people on here sometimes.

It feels like I've watched a different game. I saw a Torres that was frustrated about not getting the ball. Instead, he would track back and defend, close down in midfield when Lucas and Raul were getting overrun, and even direct other players during throw-ins.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #766 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »
If and when we buy a new CB, I'd like one of his abilities to be a threat from set pieces.

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »
It's Nando's first touch that't the biggest problem, rather than the workrate.
Nahh, I think his workrate is his main problem atm. Just looks as if he can't be arsed when he looses the ball.

Offline se7enteen

• Boys Pen
« Reply #768 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »
Gerrard, You're tackling him wrong.
Next time just put a high boot through his chest. That will just get you a yellow. ;-)

hoonin

« Reply #769 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:38 pm »
Not a bad result given it was 12 v 10 for long periods.

WTF was going through Gerrards head with that tackle?

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #770 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:07 pm »
I don't think that penalty would have been given for or against us at Anfield. I've seen far more worthy penalties not given, for both home and away teams, at Anfield.

Quite simply if both the 'offences' had been by the mancs today then Cuntface wouldn't have given us the pen or shown a red card.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
#hey http://plixi.com/p/68909575
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Edit: Oh yeah, very silly of him to put that up but fuck it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline The Swamp Thing

• Main Stander
« Reply #772 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »
I hate Webb but Gerrard's sending off was deserved. A two-footed lunge is not a tackle. He cost us that game.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #773 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:41 pm »
Nahh, I think his workrate is his main problem atm. Just looks as if he can't be arsed when he looses the ball.
:D You've agreed with me in your post. If you look hard enough.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #774 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:42 pm »
I dont agree with you there. The first 1 I mean come on please, only at Old Trafford do you get peanlties liuke those and as for Gerrard week in week out in the Prem challenges go in like that and get yellow cards. The only reason it was a red is because it was at Old Trafford against UTD from the same ref that allowed De Jong to front kick alonso in hus chest in the world cup final.
It was a red card challenge - and should be given in most games. Yes, it's true that Webb wouldn't have given it the other way, and it's also true that Webb is a horrible ref and his inconsistency is disgusting (the Fabregas handball last season is one that really sticks in my craw) - but come on.

Gerrard, as do we all, knows or should no better - Webb at OT is always liable to invent a situation in favour of the Mancs (a la the penalty) so why give him the ammo? If he sees penalties where none are there he isn't going to be shy when you commit an ACTUAL blatant red card tackle for goodness sakes. Webb was Webb, Gerrard was stupid.

Doesn't make it right, but it's not going to change unless the FA/Media really examine the issue and do something about it. Which they have no interest in doing. Therefore a player like Gerrard, who understands the score in this fixture, should know that he simply isn't going to get away with challenges like that at OT with Howard Webb as ref - and there's no way we'd be able to change it on appeal either - it would be rightly dismissed as frivolous.

Furthermore it's not like there's a grey area on the subject. Again, sure, Webb won't apply it to Utd in that way, certainly not at OT, and of course that isn't fair, but we all know that's the case, we all know that isn't changing. Gerrard shouldn't be making those kinds of challenges in ANY game under ANY ref because a 'perfect ref' would give that as a red card 100% of the time. The fact that Utd players get away with that shit time and time again doesn't change the fact that it's a red card challenge and a stupid one to make.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:46 pm »
Fair play to her. Glad to see she picks up on this, just a shame for political sensibility that she had to delete it

At least we have owners (okay, she's not really the owner) now who actually care about their credibility so it doesn't affect the image of the club.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:47 pm »
MUFA 1 LFC 0
Howard webb gives the usual pen after 36 seconds for a typical BerbaFLOP to the floor :no
Gerrards Red was a bit harsh a yellow would of been fairer but this is the Toilet so no surprise there.
Apart from the result i think we did well, Kelly was great as was Pepe, Agger showed us whats been missing under Roy and overall it felt like we actually had a plan.
Looking forward to the next game  ;)

YNWA

Offline cammier

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #777 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »
I'm a bit confused, it Webb thought that to be a penalty then why did he not book Agger? No way was it a pen, Webb was miles away and the linesman did not give it, even Sam Allardyce said "no pen". Can't argue abut the sending off though, in modern football you can't go flying in with both feet off the ground but once more how inconsistent is Webb? In the World Cup final Dutch players were committing GBH throughout the game and were only getting a yellow and in such a big game as today he could have used some common sense and just booked Stevie.

One big positive from today's game was Martin Kelly, he had a cracking game and I was pleased to see him there instead of Jonno who has had some terrible games for the team since he came here. I hope Kenny persists with Kelly and if Jonno has to play then he should be at right side of midfield beacuse in my opinion he's better attacking down the right than he is at defending.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #778 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »
Exactly. He's had the most legitimate reasons to leave last summer and even in this transfer window, but he's chosen not to. Torres has given us three brilliant, committed seasons. One rough patch of form and everyone's ready to discard him. I don't understand some of the people on here sometimes.

It feels like I've watched a different game. I saw a Torres that was frustrated about not getting the ball. Instead, he would track back and defend, close down in midfield when Lucas and Raul were getting overrun, and even direct other players during throw-ins.
I feel Torres was frustrated and demoralised with life under Roy, as we all were too... He had no hope of scoring, intelligent enough to realise we had no hope of achieving anything, let along a medal of sorts...

Give him time under Kenny, Im sure we will see him coming back to form, and lighting up his and our season..

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: January 9, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »

God knows... it was a real flashback to his first (impetuous) season with the club

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #780 on: January 9, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »
Very unlucky, actually fancied us to get something out of that had it not been for some controversial decisions. Definitely pressured them in the right way, for parts of the match it was refreshing to see us playing with somewhat of a high line. Think there's definitely some of Roy's reign to iron out but that was an incredibly positive start to Dalglish's reign.

Thought the subs were spot on everytime - daring, correct, and positive. So nice to see good subs again.

All in all, not actually that disappointed - on another day, we would have won that, but, alas, decisions went against us. Onwards and upwards, though.

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: January 9, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

Looked frustrated.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #782 on: January 9, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »
Quite simply if both the 'offences' had been by the mancs today then Cuntface wouldn't have given us the pen or shown a red card.
Of course, but again, Gerrard shouldn't be making those kind of lunges in ANY game - and it's not like this is the first time he's cost us with exactly that same kind of stupidity.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline The Swamp Thing

• Main Stander
« Reply #783 on: January 9, 2011, 04:54:31 pm »

His "head" has never been his strong point.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #784 on: January 9, 2011, 04:55:11 pm »
Shite result, was late gettin up to my  mance mates gaf and then heard we'd conceding a peno after 20 fucking seconds, unreal.

Much better though.

Big difference in the players attitude and performance. Great to see Kenny acknowledging that Stevie  is not a center midefielder by playing him in his most effective position, just in front of a midfield two. I thought he was doing well and looking dangerous untill the sending off.

We've defo found our new right back, I expect to see Kenny experimenting with Johno on the right side of the midfield. If that doesn't work out he could well be sold.

Also encouraging was the personal employed at the back, Agger straight back in their and Aurelio ahead of Konchesky.

Although Torres didn't play well I didn't think his performance was abysmal. Bearing in mind we were a man down after 35 minutes, and that man is basically Torres support  I don't think there was loads more he could of done. We didn't have any sustained pressure after the sending off and so he was basically relying on stray passes from Man U and the odd knock on from the Poo. He's body language looked as good as I've seen it this season when he was coming off.

We do need at least three new players are we to salvage anything out of this season. Top of the list would be another striker and winger.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #785 on: January 9, 2011, 04:55:13 pm »
Aldo's Twitter:

"That referee is a joke why we have to have him everytime v them is beyond me man u vest under his top"

:wellin
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: January 9, 2011, 04:55:16 pm »

Angered that Meireles shit out of his 50-50 (with RAFAEL, no less). Was trying to prove a point I think. Backfired.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: January 9, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »
It was a red card challenge - and should be given in most games. Yes, it's true that Webb wouldn't have given it the other way, and it's also true that Webb is a horrible ref and his inconsistency is disgusting (the Fabregas handball last season is one that really sticks in my craw) - but come on.

Gerrard, as do we all, knows or should no better - Webb at OT is always liable to invent a situation in favour of the Mancs (a la the penalty) so why give him the ammo? If he sees penalties where none are there he isn't going to be shy when you commit an ACTUAL blatant red card tackle for goodness sakes. Webb was Webb, Gerrard was stupid.

Doesn't make it right, but it's not going to change unless the FA/Media really examine the issue and do something about it. Which they have no interest in doing. Therefore a player like Gerrard, who understands the score in this fixture, should know that he simply isn't going to get away with challenges like that at OT with Howard Webb as ref - and there's no way we'd be able to change it on appeal either - it would be rightly dismissed as frivolous.

Furthermore it's not like there's a grey area on the subject. Again, sure, Webb won't apply it to Utd in that way, certainly not at OT, and of course that isn't fair, but we all know that's the case, we all know that isn't changing. Gerrard shouldn't be making those kinds of challenges in ANY game under ANY ref because a 'perfect ref' would give that as a red card 100% of the time. The fact that Utd players get away with that shit time and time again doesn't change the fact that it's a red card challenge and a stupid one to make.

Wish I could disagree but you've hit the nail on the head perfectly there (again)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #788 on: January 9, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »

"everybody was kung fu fighting............"
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:13 pm »
I feel Torres was frustrated and demoralised with life under Roy, as we all were too... He had no hope of scoring, intelligent enough to realise we had no hope of achieving anything, let along a medal of sorts...

Give him time under Kenny, Im sure we will see him coming back to form, and lighting up his and our season..

Agree.

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #790 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »
It's probably been said already but can I reiterate that Gerrard shouldn't be allowed anywhere near corners?
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »
Angered that Meireles shit out of his 50-50 (with RAFAEL, no less). Was trying to prove a point I think. Backfired.

Not surprised that a player who was injured the game before for a less extreme tackle pulled out of a more extreme one. Wouldn't you?

Offline Ice Red

• Kopite
  • And could he play!!
« Reply #792 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »
Aldo's Twitter:

But..but...but he's the best referee in the world.

He just didn't see de Jong tackle Alonso in the chest this summer:
I should have shown Nigel de Jong a red card, says Howard Webb

England's World Cup final referee said he did not have a good view of the incident and was not prepared to take a guess.

"The trouble in the actual game was that I had a poor view of that particular incident. I was looking through the back of Alonso and though I could see the foot was high, I could not be certain of the extent of the contact.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #793 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
#hey http://plixi.com/p/68909575
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Edit: Oh yeah, very silly of him to put that up but fuck it.
As much as I'm loving his recent tweets, he needs to watch himself or he will get himself in trouble.
Good for him though, it shows alot of positives about him  ;D
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #794 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »
It's a sad state of affairs, i don't mind people constructively criticizing Torres or whoever else, but some of the remarks are harsh.

It's Nando's first touch that't the biggest problem, rather than the workrate.

To call our own players abusive names is not what we have or should ever be about.

As for Torres, I think his workrate has improved this year.

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:01 pm »
It's probably been said already but can I reiterate that Gerrard shouldn't be allowed anywhere near corners?

To a point. Yes. He should be scoring off them, not taking them

Offline SmileyMoustache

• Kemlynite
« Reply #796 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:09 pm »
Was a much better performance. Yes, United are cheating ***** however I do think it was daft of Gez to be diving in like that. Really needed him out there for the whole 90 minutes. Kelly was brilliant and I can't see Glen getting back into the team for Wednesday. Overall, we were decent today and a much improved side from the shambles we've had to put up with recently. A win midweek and a spanking of Everton will set Kenny up for the rest of the season.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »
Not surprised that a player who was injured the game before for a less extreme tackle pulled out of a more extreme one. Wouldn't you?

For £70K a week, you guaranfuckingtee I would. Wasn't the only time he shit out of a 50-50 either.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:46 pm »

Good point.

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #799 on: January 9, 2011, 04:58:25 pm »
Well, before we started getting Webb all the time, didn't we always get Bennett? I thought he was miles worse (hard to believe I know).

Incidently, are there any referees we like? I quite like Clattenburg (although the Bitters probably hate him), but he tends to make the occasional howler. If we had to choose a referee vs the Mancs at OT, who would we choose?
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy