Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 113074 times)

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #800 on: January 9, 2011, 04:58:54 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
#hey http://plixi.com/p/68909575
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Edit: Oh yeah, very silly of him to put that up but fuck it.

Hahahahahahaha, good on ya, Babel.

I thought he instantly gave us a spark when he came on. As usual though, with Babel, I'm not sure if he can produce that same spark when he's starting. When we have to give it our all in attack, then throw him in. I'm just not sure he has the same workrate and defensive responsibility as Maxi, Cole or even Jova. It would be a shame if he just stagnated as a supersub.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

hoonin

« Reply #801 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Haha :D

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #802 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:08 pm »
It's probably been said already but can I reiterate that Gerrard shouldn't be allowed anywhere near corners?
Aurelio and Lucas for me, they're both decent passers and make good connection with the ball and are not really an asset in the box which Gerrard definitely is.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:16 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned but one of the commentators on ITV said something along the lines of "Mr Ferguson is one of those managers that has always treated the FA cup with respect"... rewriting history a tad methinks.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:21 pm »
Didnt show a red card because he didnt have both feet off the ground, so it didnt count.

If he had kicked him with both feet he would have been sent off :)
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline THELEFTBACK

• Main Stander
  • I remember the 70's.
« Reply #805 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
On my way home from the game, decent effort, was impressed with how much more organised we were, unlucky to the lads. Fair few seats got ripped out of old trafford haha

Toilet seats again??

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:10 pm »
Not the best game I've seen of Meireles. Might still be reeling from his injury?
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:26 pm »
How did Liverpool line up under King Kenny?
How did Liverpool line up under King Kenny?

Michael Cox from tactical blog Zonal Marking says Liverpool fans can draw positives from Kenny Dalglish's first match back in charge, despite a 1-0 defeat at Man Utd

Given just 24 hours in charge of the club, it was difficult to expect too much from Kenny Dalglish here. This was a game where he had nothing to lose – he wouldn’t have been blamed even if Liverpool had been on the end of a thrashing.

This was about making a statement –it was effectively the support of Liverpool fans that got him the job, so this was an opportunity to show them that he’ll play the football they want to see.

The only goal of the game came before we could ascertain Dalglish’s strategy or tactics, but after Ryan Giggs had given United the lead from the penalty spot, Liverpool were the better side when both sides had eleven men.

Encouragingly, they pressed higher up the pitch, pressuring Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher, not letting them turn or play forward passes. There was a general strategy to close down across their own half of the pitch, whereas under Roy Hodgson, pressure was only applied when the opposition reached the final third.

The formation looked most like a 4-1-4-1. Steven Gerrard played slightly ahead of Raul Meireles, but both had the freedom to get forward and support Fernando Torres, who played upfront alone.

That’s been the Spaniard’s preferred role throughout his career – he was at his best in Liverpool’s 4-2-3-1 with support from Gerrard, and seems happier when he’s assisted by onrushing midfielders than when paired with another central striker.

It was a scrappy game, and the main battle was occurring in the centre of midfield. Liverpool were dominating because they had the extra man in that zone – Gerrard and Meireles shut down United’s central midfielders, with Lucas sweeping up behind. In addition, Liverpool’s wide men played reasonably narrow, but also covered the full-backs well, especially on the left where Nani was denied space to work in.

Unfortunately, Gerrard’s dismissal put Liverpool on the back foot. It was a poor, unnecessary tackle from the Liverpool skipper, and even those who will argue that it did not deserve a red card must admit that Gerrard should not have given the referee the option.

Some poor tackles – those that are late or those that are high – can be put down to a genuine mistake, a case of mistiming. When a player goes in with two feet, however, there is no excuse.

Gerrard let his side down badly. Liverpool’s performance as a whole was committed and professional, but they were forced to do without their most important player for the majority of the game because of a simple lack of discipline.

Gerrard will now miss three games (that’s one-sixth of the rest of Liverpool’s Premier League campaign) including next weekend’s Merseyside derby, which is Kenny Dalglish’s first match at Anfield since his appointment, a huge occasion for the club and supporters.

Gerrard is not naturally a captain – he’s not a loudmouth like teammate Jamie Carragher, or other notable captains in recent years, like John Terry or Tony Adams. His role as skipper has been drive his side forward in moments of apparent despair.

He did this most famously in the European Cup final of 2005 and the FA Cup final of 2006, but has continued to do so this season – note the 3-1 Europa League win over Napoli, when he came off the bench with Liverpool 1-0 down at half-time, and scored a hat-trick to turn the game.

It is the nature of his captaincy – to lead by example – that makes an incident like this so inexcusable.

Still, the rest of the side battled well for the rest of the game. They defended as a unit far better than in the midweek display against Blackburn Rovers, with young right-back Martin Kelly probably the star man.

Going forward, there was little invention or creativity, but there was less of the submissive attitude that Liverpool fans so detested under Hodgson. Because of that, and despite the defeat, it was a good first outing for Dalglish.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/news/tactical-view-of-liverpool-under-dalglish/
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #808 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »
Not a bad result given it was 12 v 10 for long periods.

WTF was going through Gerrards head with that tackle?

Probably saw Rafael's challange on Raul and thought "fuck this, nor avin' tha!"
Sup bitches?

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »
Angered that Meireles shit out of his 50-50 (with RAFAEL, no less). Was trying to prove a point I think. Backfired.

But he only pulled out of it to an extent (though he still played the ball) because Rafael shaped to take his legs off by jumping with two feet off the floor. So why wasn't that a red if Gerrard's was? Meireles did Rafael a favour indeed (although I think he was looking to do his own legs a favour more than anything else), but why did Webb not take action there? He bottled it, he was all over the place. Then another strong challenge goes in and suddenly it's a red, despite not even giving a free kick for Rafael's challenge, and despite not blowing straight away or not seeing it properly. I'm only surprised he didn't help them kill the game off later on when Kelly cleanly challenged Evra in the area.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #810 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:25 pm »
Only funny moment of the day: Man Of The Match - Berbatov.

I mean really, what the fuck did he do other than dive?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #811 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »
We've defo found our new right back, I expect to see Kenny experimenting with Johno on the right side of the midfield. If that doesn't work out he could well be sold.
Sorry, but no. We've got one of about 4 genuinely top, top class attacking right backs in the world - and for my money Johnson is potentially the most talented of the lot of them. I've no objection to him being tried at RW, being played there occasionally, and i'm delighted that Kelly has done so well, but the truth is that Kelly isn't miles better at defending (unless it's a backs to the wall job), while Johnson is hugely better going forward. Kelly's worked his tits off to be effective, but as an attacking RB he's limited - just like Arbeloa was, quite possibly more so.

Johnson as a RB is a component we'll be glad to have if we evolve as we should over the next two or three years - Kelly at RB with GJ in front of him is limiting ourselves tactically, tying ourselves into a more restrictive 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 type approach, and limiting how dangerous we can be in attack. For some games it might be the best option, but really our problem SHOULD be what it was under Rafa - how to break up the shitty bus parkers. For that Johnson at RB is an absolutely crucial aspect, and Kelly at RB a limiting factor.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
But..but...but he's the best referee in the world.

He just didn't see de Jong tackle Alonso in the chest this summer:

When watching the replay, Webb IMO seems to have a pretty poor view of the incident. He's facing the wrong way to start with and turns his head towards the tackle at the very end. His head is facing at the corner flag, approx. 15/20 degrees short of the tackle when it happens. How can he confidently produce a red card for it?

It IS a red card offence but frustratingly how can he produce a red for this when he hasn't a clear view as well as giving a penalty for a similarily poor view. Suggests poor refereeing

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
We lost but I can't stop smiling.  It felt like the 80's again except that we weren't thumping the scum 4-0 (not yet anyway).  I'm so tired of shit refs ruining the game.  It's really gotten to the point where it's a joke and something needs to be done.  That penalty was a disgraceful decision.  I don't care what the muppets on the T.V say.  He should have been yellow carded for diving.  In fact, I think that when a player dives like that in the box, it should be a straight red.  That is the only way that we're going to get rid of this cr@p.  That said, the F.A cup isn't what it used to be and I'm not too bothered that we went out.  For the first time in a long time, the future is very bright.       

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #814 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »
Kelly man of the match.

Brilliant performance.

yeah, i agree!! awesome!!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:00 pm »
How about Aurelio's free-kick?  Great stuff.

And Nani, who gave Konchesky so much trouble in September, was ridiculously quiet.

Fabio Aurelio.  Classy player.
King Kenny.

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »
I could see the foot was high, I could not be certain of the extent of the contact.

Seems about right based on that picture.

£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #817 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »

Haha exactly.

Seems to me that they awarded cheating over performance today. Who I thought Martin Kelly shouldve got MOTM.
Sup bitches?

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:24 pm »
Apparently Gerrard's tackle was worse than this:

Okay, we can debate about the red card until the cows come home, but it'd be nice if Webb showed some fucking consistency.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #819 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »

What can you expect with the pundits/commentators they had?
It was an insulting choice really

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #820 on: January 9, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »
1."The reception of the fans was unbelievable," said Dalglish. "It crossed my mind to do a Mourinho or a Gary Neville and run down the line to their corner but I never made it

2."Young Martin Kelly comes in and he's as good as anyone on the pitch. That's great encouragement for Martin and for all the young boys out there. Jonjo Shelvey came on and was a wee bit ambitious with his free-kick, but at least he's looked up and noticed something."

Reporters wanted to know more about how Dalglish's return came about.

3.He told them: "I was on a boat, I was happy! Then I got a phone call from John Henry and he said 'Do you want to come and look after the team until the end of the season?'

"Being a professional athlete I was at the bar!

This 3 sentences show exactly why he is such a Legend  ;D
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: January 9, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »
dalgleish on the radio.

fuckin boss !

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: January 9, 2011, 05:03:49 pm »
It was a red card challenge - and should be given in most games.

What about rafael's two footed jump?  I'd argue his was worse, as he jumped straight at the player, whereas Gerrard came in alongside the player.  No surprise anyway, happens all too often with this ref at this ground.  Pen and sendings off are as routine as throw ins with this baldy bastard.

Best ref in the league?  Doesn't say anything about the rest does it.  Except of course he's not, he's awful, as evidenced by his display in the WCF.

hoonin

« Reply #823 on: January 9, 2011, 05:03:53 pm »
Backfired.

And some.

Threw away any chance of gettig a hold on the game against a shite Utd team. Suspended for the next 3 games.

Idiotic and reminiscent of Gerrard 10 years ago.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 05:08:54 pm by Gareth »

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #824 on: January 9, 2011, 05:04:13 pm »
dont care about the result too much....im just glad that the fire has start to grow among the players and the club is in better hands.  Blackpool will hopefully put some stronger nets in their goal
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: January 9, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »

Thank god you called that too. My fiancee was giving me strange looks as I was yelling that at the TV too...

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: January 9, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel

Haha, I posted the same picture in Arts thread earlier, Babel might be lurking on RAWK.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #827 on: January 9, 2011, 05:04:48 pm »
I love this woman.
Hehe, +1. For someone so new to it she definitely seems to 'get it'. Henry is a lucky man! ;) (Though to be fair, despite his age luck had sod all to do with it, and despite the age gap she doesn't strike me as a 'trophy' wife - he's one of those rich man who has a lot more than money which would attract women to him, the bastard...)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: January 9, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
And some.

Threw away any chance of gettig a hold on the game against a shite Utd team. Suspended for the next 3 games.

Idiotic and remeniscent of Gerrard 10 years ago.

Yep, as I said earlier in the thread. Very much Gerrard of his first (impetuous) season

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: January 9, 2011, 05:05:03 pm »
Toilet seats again??

Dunno about that mate but a few sinks were. Water pissing all over the floor ;D

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #830 on: January 9, 2011, 05:05:35 pm »
Loved it. Thought Babel showed he really wanted to impress when he came on. Which is confirmed by his tweets after which will probably get him in a shitload of trouble:
http://cl.ly/0g1k0E3m2R1q3H2B3M3u

http://cl.ly/3Z0q450o1m0R3h310b2p

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #831 on: January 9, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »
Shite result, was late gettin up to my  mance mates gaf and then heard we'd conceding a peno after 20 fucking seconds, unreal.

Much better though.

Big difference in the players attitude and performance. Great to see Kenny acknowledging that Stevie  is not a center midefielder by playing him in his most effective position, just in front of a midfield two. I thought he was doing well and looking dangerous untill the sending off.

We've defo found our new right back, I expect to see Kenny experimenting with Johno on the right side of the midfield. If that doesn't work out he could well be sold.

Also encouraging was the personal employed at the back, Agger straight back in their and Aurelio ahead of Konchesky.

Although Torres didn't play well I didn't think his performance was abysmal. Bearing in mind we were a man down after 35 minutes, and that man is basically Torres support  I don't think there was loads more he could of done. We didn't have any sustained pressure after the sending off and so he was basically relying on stray passes from Man U and the odd knock on from the Poo. He's body language looked as good as I've seen it this season when he was coming off.

We do need at least three new players are we to salvage anything out of this season. Top of the list would be another striker and winger.

Agree mate. Even as Torres was replaced, he was trying to organise those around him. As soon as he gets the support around him that he needs, we'll see a different player.

Offline Shark Sandwich

• Shit Sandwich
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #832 on: January 9, 2011, 05:05:59 pm »
A fantastic effort. I thought there was only 1 team in it in the 1st half but unfortunately the extra man told in the 2nd.

It's difficult not to use excuses when you see the referee mach such a glaring mistake as that. It was never a penalty, even at Castle Greyskull.

"What's wrong with being sexy?"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #833 on: January 9, 2011, 05:06:21 pm »
Howard Webb is a cock. Treated like cattle again, no bogs for 45mins and then allowed on way out so where's the sense in that?
Group of ours behaving like knobs at the tram station, no point acting the hard man when there's only day trippers and families.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #834 on: January 9, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
Well in Ryan. Can see that getting deleted soon though.

Whats SMH mean?

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: January 9, 2011, 05:06:41 pm »
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 9, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »
Hehe, +1. For someone so new to it she definitely seems to 'get it'. Henry is a lucky man! ;) (Though to be fair, despite his age luck had sod all to do with it, and despite the age gap she doesn't strike me as a 'trophy' wife - he's one of those rich man who has a lot more than money which would attract women to him, the bastard...)

Sounds like you've got a bit of mancrush... :P

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #837 on: January 9, 2011, 05:07:11 pm »

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #838 on: January 9, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »
KK just on SSN.  When asked how it felt to be back in the job replied : 'brilliant' with a massive smile.
Could just see the joy & passion in him despite the result.
Love the guy.
And could he play.....
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: January 9, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
Toilet seats again??

Spoke to a mate, few seats from the stands.