Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 113151 times)

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #720 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »
this and didnt aurelio force a good save out of there keeper aswell
Yes, that was a cracking effort.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #721 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »
Right, so after a positive change in management, the one we have wanted for a while. After a positvie performance, given the circumstances, no talk about the owners holding up back, no Roy holding us back. VDM post about looking forward and being patient.....

One game in, and some people come in calling our players shithouses. I wonder what will please some people, there's just no sense of perspective any more. We've taken the first step on the long road to recovery, things can only go forward. But fuck it.....

Meireles is a shithouse, Torres is a lazy twat  ::)

Unfortunately it seems you can't please everyone, just a shame people can't support their team for longer than what 29 hours?   Unbelievable!!!  :butt
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:34 pm »
This is the case for Kenny as a caretaker manager. He inspires a kind of devotion and belief from fans and from players. Even if the players all expressed support for Roy, you could see on the pitch that something was wrong. It was like they weren't motivated, or at least, it was like they didn't understand what their roles were in the tactics.

Let's put this game behind us and look towards the next one.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #723 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:46 pm »
Ok i did a huge post before on the players, but I forgot to mention our away support. They were great, in the second half they outsung those dirty twats surrounding them. Loved it when they burst out the Where were you in Istanbul at Judas. Me and my brother started singing along too!
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #724 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »
Good confident performance from Liverpool.. gobshite referee, but lets be honest, its no more than we expected when we saw who it'd be

Never a penalty, and the red card was a joke - despite that, Liverpool did well, carried on right through the match and all in all, much improved performance throughout - no penalty and 11 v 11 and we'd have won it

first time in a long time i've been able to sit through the match without fuming at our own players and tactics.

nice to see agger playing, meireles had a shocker of a game and torres needs to get his shit together, but all in all i'm happy with how the players did

Offline cydonia

• Kemlynite
  • So Say We All
« Reply #725 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:01 pm »
Torres effort was completely unacceptable and he looks as if he's asking for a transfer on the pitch. I so do not want to get on the lads back but theres no excuse for that today. especially at that shithole

I don't really think that's fair. His head went down a bit when Gerrard got sent off, but thats because he knew his job was about to get even harder and his service was going to suffer. He didn't really get any after that. I'd like to see him be tougher in 50/50s and more resilient to challenges when he's on the ball, but he still cares about the club and still cares about scoring - the fact he's not scoring is the reason he's unhappy. He showed it at the Bolton game, after scoring he had a smile on his face and really pepped up. I think given some service and more chances he will show it again before the seasons out... I think if we'd have had all 11 men for the entire game today, we'd have seen a lot more from him.

It was probably right to take him off, he looked knackered, and I was glad to see he was perfectly happy to be subbed - Kenny clapping him off. Great mutual respect!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #726 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:07 pm »
I have been to as many I could get to mate yeah.
I suppose your right in our current situation but i wouldn't say i was delighted or anything, I hate losing to them c*nts and being out of a trophy as they progress.

Fair enough - I was disappointed with the result as we could have won it on that performance but I wasn't gutted.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »
Already thinking about Blackpool & Everton and very positive about getting 6 points.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »
Can't believe anybody thought that was a penalty.

And Fergie had the guts to call Torres a cheater before. HELLO. He has Nani AND Berbatov in his team.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »
Gutted with that result, but thought we done Ok considering we only had 10 men for 2/3 of the game.

Can someone explain to me  what all this "there's contact so he can go down" bollocks means? if there's contact and it forces you to go down then no problems. If there's contact and you consciously decide to throw yourself to the ground like a fanny then thats a booking in my eyes. ""There was contact so he is entitled to go down". Is he fuck!!

Gerrard was stupid knowing who was reffing doing that. No need for that tackle to have been made really. Saying that I certainly dont think it was a "lunge" at the player by a long chalk. Harsh red, but no real need for it. I actually thought Webb had taken his time and was gonna give a harsh lecture and a yellow. I was more surprised that I thought that, than when I saw the red come out. Needless for him to do it.

Overall, thought we were OK and with 11 men I thought we were starting to get our game together, and I actually felt that we could have gone on and scored. I thought we looked like we were growing into the game more than the mancs.

With 10 I thought we done well without being able to really throw caution to the wind. But realistically you cant do that against that lot or they'll crucify you on the break. Never thought we'd concede more as the game wore on, but never thought we'd grab an equaliser either.

I'm sure Kenny will have them raised for Wednesday, although Gerrard out of the derbys a bit of a bummer, but hopefully makes the midfield a bit easier to set up.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #730 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:37 pm »
this and didnt aurelio force a good save out of there keeper aswell

jonjo also had a shot from distance....

i'll get me coat.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:39 pm »
First off I think Webb got both decisions right.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #732 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:40 pm »
From twitter (now deleted)

Linda_Pizzuti: Webb is, how do you say politely... a challenge to agree with, even by referee standards (2.38pm)
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #733 on: January 9, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »
Whaaaat! I hate it when my Mum says that to me. Silly women.

Thats the demon drinks fault this time.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #734 on: January 9, 2011, 04:46:26 pm »
it's not so much the red it's the fact that a far worse tackle went unpunished not 5 mins earlier.

Yeah Im all for the red card as long as he's bloody consistent. But then we saw that in the World Cup final too.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #735 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:04 pm »
Lot of positives to take from that game. Was against Kenny at the beginning of the season but increasingly warmed to it given the circumstances - IE the need for time for NESV to do their search properly, and the sheer unsuitability of Hodgson's tactic. Shows Kenny's misgivings about him were spot on in the first place. Kenny did today exactly what Hodgson was hired to do and claimed he would do - he stuck with Rafa's solid foundations. He has every right to alter that blueprint in his stint, but the point is you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If we take the kind of tactical approach we did today into the rest of our games this season we'll be very hard to beat, and we'll score our fair share of goals, the players will fit and be relatively happy, and we'll climb the table no worries.

I must say as well it was lovely to see Kenny in the dugout again, a few more lines aside he really hasn't changed a bit, still awesome with the press, still looking miserable ;) Such a massive lift for so many fans as well. We'll see how it goes but I think this will work out all right - but I do think it's imperative that whatever happens with Kenny as manager we don't lose him from the club again, he's got such a big role to play and his expertise is needed long-term.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline LFC Forever

• In danger of being Muted Forever.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #736 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:04 pm »
So my thoughts on the game

First off I think Webb got both decisions right. Agger did catch him, even if he went down easy. Penalty all day.

Second, Gerrard leaped, two-footed, off the ground and landed on the ball. Red card no question, I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

I dont agree with you there. The first 1 I mean come on please, only at Old Trafford do you get peanlties liuke those and as for Gerrard week in week out in the Prem challenges go in like that and get yellow cards. The only reason it was a red is because it was at Old Trafford against UTD from the same ref that allowed De Jong to front kick alonso in hus chest in the world cup final.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:21 pm »
Cheating bastards, again

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #738 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:29 pm »
Unfortunately it seems you can't please everyone, just a shame people can't support their team for longer than what 29 hours?   Unbelievable!!!  :butt
It's a sad state of affairs, i don't mind people constructively criticizing Torres or whoever else, but some of the remarks are harsh.

It's Nando's first touch that't the biggest problem, rather than the workrate.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
You must be joking. You fucking must be

Even Fat 'I hate Liverpool' Sam as around the houses as he could possibly go had to admit it wasnt a pen. You are just winding surely?

Heh, when even "Fat" Sam is agreeing with you over Man Utd then it's stonewall not a penalty

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #740 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
Impressed with the overall team performance, had we kept 11 men on the park we could have taken that, and I don't think any of us was expecting a result against them until a day ago. Kelly was our MOM, along with Pepe, great game which will do him the world of good. Penalty was a joke, as has been done to death, but Stevie can't really be too pissed off with his red, go in with both feet, studs showing and you're fucked, whether the ref is Webb or anybody else.
It was fantastic seeing Kenny walk onto the pitch, hearing the away support, and, not a single face palm, result! All in all I was quite happy with todays events, even though we lost we have a lot to look forward to. Onwards and upwards Redmen!
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 05:08:31 pm by Monkey Red »
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline THELEFTBACK

• Main Stander
  • I remember the 70's.
« Reply #741 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »
Take the postives and ignore the negatives.

As the original OP said the penalty would likely have been given at Anfield.Gerrard was foolish and has been getting away with those type of tackles for years.
Kenny Dalglish might now step down hard on his influence after effectively letting the team down again.It could be that team against Everton will be missing Carragher,Gerrard and Torres.Who would have thought that at Christmas?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #742 on: January 9, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »
When it was 11 vs 11 the interplay between the Liverpool players was good to watch, ball played on the ground with no hoofing. I know its early days but i think Dalglish must have emphasised playing football on the ground. Even when pressurised in defence, the players tried to bring the ball out which was refreshing to see.

Agreed.  Although we conceded early I was confident that we'd get back into the game with some of passing looking pretty slick early on.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »
I don't really think that's fair. His head went down a bit when Gerrard got sent off, but thats because he knew his job was about to get even harder and his service was going to suffer. He didn't really get any after that. I'd like to see him be tougher in 50/50s and more resilient to challenges when he's on the ball, but he still cares about the club and still cares about scoring - the fact he's not scoring is the reason he's unhappy. He showed it at the Bolton game, after scoring he had a smile on his face and really pepped up. I think given some service and more chances he will show it again before the seasons out... I think if we'd have had all 11 men for the entire game today, we'd have seen a lot more from him.

It was probably right to take him off, he looked knackered, and I was glad to see he was perfectly happy to be subbed - Kenny clapping him off. Great mutual respect!

Same here. I thought he was up for it just like everyone else, and he tracked back all night. In fact, he won a couple of tackles in midfield. It's just that it's a bad sign if Torres HAS to start his runs from midfield cos there's barely any link-up play to him.

Vidic and Rio are a great defensive partnership. Torres is obviously going to get shoved off the ball with the frantic hoofs sent his way.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #744 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:11 pm »
Already thinking about Blackpool & Everton and very positive about getting 6 points.
Me too, there is no shame in the result today, they have won every home game this season bar one, which really shows we performed well especially when the only goal they could score came from a pathetic refereeing decision.
To put it simply, a performance like that should get us 6 points from Blackpool and Everton.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »
Players are going to be diving if the league lets them get away with it, its preety simple. A clear dive should be a 3 game ban, problem solved. But we all know the retards who are in charge of football.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #746 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »
Ok i did a huge post before on the players, but I forgot to mention our away support. They were great, in the second half they outsung those dirty twats surrounding them. Loved it when they burst out the Where were you in Istanbul at Judas. Me and my brother started singing along too!

Yeah it took me a minute or two to work out what they were singing but then I just burst out laughing.

FOAR sounded brilliant too.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #747 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »
I remember a challenge on JonJo (i think it was) in the 2nd half in their penalty box, no peno.....
I didn't see a replay or anything, so i could be way off... but did anyone else see something here?

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #748 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »
On my way home from the game, decent effort, was impressed with how much more organised we were, unlucky to the lads. Fair few seats got ripped out of old trafford haha

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #749 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:48 pm »
What has happened this season is he looks like someone who does not want to be here, simple really. Take off your rose tinted galsses mate.

Disagree. If he didn't want to be here he would have left in the Summer and he wouldn't have done his latest interview. If he wants to leave I am sure you will see and transfer request in the next four weeks.

His confidence is shot, is coming back from injury, our football is the complete opposite of what is required to get the best out of him and playing under Hodgson would leave any world class player questioning their future.

He has proven his class and IMO earned your backing.

Take off your I want it now and if I cant have it now, I don't care how good you have made it for me before, we should get rid of your glasses and back him.

Whilst you're there, don't call me mate either.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: January 9, 2011, 04:49:10 pm »
Impressed with the overall team performance, had we kept 11 men on the park we could have taken that, and I don't think any of us was expecting a result against them until a day ago. Kelly was our MOM, along with Pepe, great game which will do him the world of good. Penalty was a joke, as has been done to death, but Stevie can't really be too pissed off with his red, go in with both feet, studs showing and you're fucked, whether the ref is Webb or anybody else.
It was fantastic seeing Kenny walk onto the pitch, hearing the away support, and, not a single face palm, result! All in all I was quiete happy with todays events, even though we lost we have a lot to look forward to. Onwards and upwards Redmen!

We had some good play with 11 players but when down to 10 it got much much more difficult esp. coming off such a poor run of form. Thought Kelly played extremely well at RB, Agger stabilised the centre and Lucas had a good game at CM. Just glad overall performance was so much better...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: January 9, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »

Linda_Pizzuti: Webb is, how do you say politely... a challenge to agree with, even by referee standards (2.38pm)

I saw this too. Sad it's been deleted, but it's nice to know she's as concerned and as incensed as we are.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: January 9, 2011, 04:49:36 pm »
Take the postives and ignore the negatives.

As the original OP said the penalty would likely have been given at Anfield.Gerrard was foolish and has been getting away with those type of tackles for years.
Kenny Dalglish might now step down hard on his influence after effectively letting the team down again.It could be that team against Everton will be missing Carragher,Gerrard and Torres.Who would have thought that at Christmas?

I don't think that penalty would have been given for or against us at Anfield. I've seen far more worthy penalties not given, for both home and away teams, at Anfield.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: January 9, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »
Good performance and many positives.Not a penalty and not a sending off!!great to see Kenny,things can only get better,

Offline jimmyred2010

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #754 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:00 pm »
Babel did well when he came on, lively wanted it and showed heart.

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »
I'm proud of our players and fans this afternoon.

Two shit decisions went against us (anybody who begs to differ can feck off) and we came out of the match with our heads held high. Good performance which was ruined from the off by United's 12th man.

Edit: If Rooney had played and made the challenge Gerrard did, does anybody ACTUALLY believe Webb would have sent him off? REALLY?

Club feels unified now. Can't wait for the next few matches.

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:12 pm »
Aldo's Twitter:

"That referee is a joke why we have to have him everytime v them is beyond me man u vest under his top"
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #757 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »

I love this woman.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:35 pm »
I saw this too. Sad it's been deleted, but it's nice to know she's as concerned and as incensed as we are.

Fair play to her. Glad to see she picks up on this, just a shame for political sensibility that she had to delete it

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #759 on: January 9, 2011, 04:50:36 pm »
A few personal observations about the game.

1. Looking at Kenny walking back to the tunnel at the end of the game brought back a smile to me.
2. We were cheated. United players were constantly diving.
3. Kelly destroyed Evra and Giggs. MOTM for me.
4. Shelvey is a real gem.
5. Babel seemed fired up.
6. Ngog, went unnoticed. Again.
7. Meireles was shocking.
8. We need a CB. Perhaps Kelly should have a chance there.
9. Only Roy would play Konchesky ahead of Aurelio.
10. We need additions and improvement in almost all positions. We can't carry on with just Torres and Ngog up front.

11. Reina is World Class. A legend. The best Goalkeeper in the Premier League by an abyssal distance.