Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 200686 times)

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article
« Reply #2360 on: January 4, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »
I don't get it...why was the thread I just created deleted without a trace? You could have at least closed it for no further discussion but at least let others read the points. Do you not want people to rally around the idea of having Rafa back? Is that the agenda here?

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #2361 on: January 4, 2011, 06:25:25 pm »
I don't get it...why was the thread I just created deleted without a trace? You could have at least closed it for no further discussion but at least let others read the points. Do you not want people to rally around the idea of having Rafa back? Is that the agenda here?

Maybe because it was being discussed in some other thread?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline NowInOz

• Main Stander
« Reply #2362 on: January 4, 2011, 06:26:46 pm »
Mate a lot of people want Rafa back and i love him but its been done to death a million times over. His name has probably been mentioned more times then any other on the liverpool forum and he left 6 months ago

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2363 on: January 4, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »
Maybe because it was being discussed in some other thread?

I thought it deserved it's own thread. Regardless, it has been deleted instead of moved to the appropriate thread.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2364 on: January 4, 2011, 06:30:56 pm »
I thought it deserved it's own thread. Regardless, it has been deleted instead of moved to the appropriate thread.

Offline StevieG80

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2365 on: January 4, 2011, 06:31:30 pm »
Mate a lot of people want Rafa back and i love him but its been done to death a million times over. His name has probably been mentioned more times then any other on the liverpool forum and he left 6 months ago
Taking him back would be a mistake, he made some aweful tactical changes and bad decisions. He was as stubborn as a mule. It would be from the frying pan and into the fire in my opinion. He has his chance now someone else deserves a go.

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #2366 on: January 4, 2011, 06:31:33 pm »
Did anyone see the pre Blackburn PC? Any idea why Sammy Lee did it and not Roy?

Perhaps FSG *are* listening after all .....

I have (yet) another plea to the owners if you're reading this. This one is urgent.

Please, I'm literally begging you, if you won't sack him at least muzzle him.
I'm a believer.

Offline Jensen

• Butten
  • Anny Roader
  • Manc Type
« Reply #2367 on: January 4, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »
Judging by his remarks about there being 'hostility in the room' at his last public audience, maybe the Hodge has tired of the relentless character assassination by the media and has flounced off like Scarlett O'Hara in a stadium coat.  ;D ;D

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2368 on: January 4, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »

Listen mate, when you speak up for Rafa, the politburo delete your threads and put you on the watched list. I reckon Cecil has influence everywhere.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2369 on: January 4, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »
I don't understand why it couldn't have been moved. If the problem was I opened another thread...then which thread am I allowed to repost my points in?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2370 on: January 4, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »
Judging by his remarks about there being 'hostility in the room' at his last public audience, maybe the Hodge has tired of the relentless character assassination by the media and has flounced off like Scarlett O'Hara in a stadium coat.  ;D ;D
I'd prefer him to wear his Harry Potter invisibility cloak..

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: January 4, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »
I don't understand why it couldn't have been moved. If the problem was I opened another thread...then which thread am I allowed to repost my points in?

Nowhere. You're done. Done, done, done.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2372 on: January 4, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »
Taking him back would be a mistake, he made some aweful tactical changes and bad decisions. He was as stubborn as a mule. It would be from the frying pan and into the fire in my opinion. He has his chance now someone else deserves a go.

This is LFC we are talking about - not a merry go round where coaches take turns. We should want the best manager possible. The one with the most accolades; the best experienced in England; being used to work with less money than his competitors; most able to turn our form around ASAP etc. And Rafa is still the best choice; how is that even an argument?

That some fans are bitter? The grand majority of fans would want him over Hodgson. That the media doesn't like him? Who gives a shit?

Maybe that's why I opened the thread; but I'd seriously like to understand the opposition against him. Arguments like "he had a bad last year" don't cut it for me. Exactly, he only had one bad year and in that year he was consistently at odds with the owners, fighting off all-comers, etc.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: January 4, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »
I know nothing about Rangnick so hard to judge. Sounds like a bit of a risk. Klopp and Villas-Boas would be my favourite choices.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2374 on: January 4, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »
I know nothing about Rangnick so hard to judge. Sounds like a bit of a risk. Klopp and Villas-Boas would be my favourite choices.

Why? Neither have any kind of business being talked about as a LFC manager. Rangnick doesn't have a great CV and even he is more impressive than them.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #2375 on: January 4, 2011, 06:42:22 pm »

There are lots of us who agree with you.. but quite honestly, its been done to fuckin death.. we don't need ANOTHER thread on it - the pro-rafa's will say 'yes.. rafa is who we need', the anti-rafa's will say 'no he was useless yadda yadda' and it'll descend into more and more mind numbing petty attacks on each other.

search the forum, there's a LOT of rafa posts already

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2376 on: January 4, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »
There are lots of us who agree with you.. but quite honestly, its been done to fuckin death.. we don't need ANOTHER thread on it - the pro-rafa's will say 'yes.. rafa is who we need', the anti-rafa's will say 'no he was useless yadda yadda' and it'll descend into more and more mind numbing petty attacks on each other.

search the forum, there's a LOT of rafa posts already

Has here been a thread with a poll?

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #2377 on: January 4, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »

im sure there was.. it was probably locked because it started painful pointless arguments.

the pro/anti rafa brigades are probably sitting at about 50/50 just at a glance of things.. putting a poll in really wont accomplish anything

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2378 on: January 4, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »
This is not a bring back Rafa thread. There are loads of those. They are all predictable. I often wish he hadn't gone, he isn't coming back and this is a discussion about Dion Fanning's article and Roy (maybe, hopefully) getting sacked.

Offline spare us the cutter

• (not just another drop in the ocean)
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2379 on: January 4, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »
This is LFC we are talking about - not a merry go round where coaches take turns. We should want the best manager possible. The one with the most accolades; the best experienced in England; being used to work with less money than his competitors; most able to turn our form around ASAP etc. And Rafa is still the best choice; how is that even an argument?

That some fans are bitter? The grand majority of fans would want him over Hodgson. That the media doesn't like him? Who gives a shit?

Maybe that's why I opened the thread; but I'd seriously like to understand the opposition against him. Arguments like "he had a bad last year" don't cut it for me. Exactly, he only had one bad year and in that year he was consistently at odds with the owners, fighting off all-comers, etc.
I would love to have him back, but I think he needs to recharge his batteries, and come back fresh.

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2380 on: January 4, 2011, 07:11:59 pm »
Hmmm.... take it he's still our manager then. Everyday, as soon as I wake I'm on RAWK to see if he's been given the bullet.

Alas, I suppose were one day closer...

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
« Reply #2381 on: January 4, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »
Interestingly yesterday I asked for a thread with a poll where people could vote for the manager they'd like to replace Roy, I though it would be interesting and not specifically Pro-Rafa. Hell, we could even have an option in there to say "No, give Roy longer, he's doing sterling work".

Unable (or too stupid to be able) to create a poll ,I pm'd Vdm but he obviously didn't think much of the idea because he didn't reply. I can only think that somehow this breaks RAWK etiquette. It would have been nice if the mods let you know in a pm why they deleted your thread, you know, the human touch.
I'm a believer.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2382 on: January 4, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »
Been browsing the forum for days to see the news... What's with the delay? The title gives us hope...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2383 on: January 4, 2011, 07:32:10 pm »
;D

Offline SMACLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: January 4, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »
Interestingly yesterday I asked for a thread with a poll where people could vote for the manager they'd like to replace Roy, I though it would be interesting and not specifically Pro-Rafa. Hell, we could even have an option in there to say "No, give Roy longer, he's doing sterling work".

Unable (or too stupid to be able) to create a poll ,I pm'd Vdm but he obviously didn't think much of the idea because he didn't reply. I can only think that somehow this breaks RAWK etiquette. It would have been nice if the mods let you know in a pm why they deleted your thread, you know, the human touch.
Seems a good idea to me.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: January 4, 2011, 08:00:36 pm »
Fabio Aurelio insists everyone in the Liverpool dressing room is pulling in the same direction to turn our season around.
Quick question, what would peoples thoughts be if the majority of the team came out and openly supported Roy. If they said they believe in what he's been coaching them and its them that's been fucking it up?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2386 on: January 4, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »
Quick question, what would peoples thoughts be if the majority of the team came out and openly supported Roy. If they said they believe in what he's been coaching them and its them that's been fucking it up?
Plainly it would show the players know fuck all.....wouldn't it?.....Surely we know more than any current or ex-professional?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2387 on: January 4, 2011, 08:04:06 pm »
I would happily transfer blame on to them, and advocate a squad overhaul in the summer should they continue this pathetic form.

Would still want Roy to leave though. We can't blame the players for Roy's constant retarded statements.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: January 4, 2011, 08:05:47 pm »

I'd wonder what drugs Brukner was administering.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #2389 on: January 4, 2011, 08:08:17 pm »

I would get Denzil Washington in to try and talk Carra into putting down the handgranade and let the squad leave melwood without further incident.

Offline juggly

• Main Stander
« Reply #2390 on: January 4, 2011, 08:31:49 pm »
Just a quick question. If we had our two spare games and won them and were 6th in the league and 5 points behind 4th, would there still be the same level of hatred? Are people more angry at the man or at the performances.
Ok, if your angry at the man himself, what if (VERY big if!) we were top of the league yet he was still digging himself a hole every interview with regards the relationship with the fans? Would people see it as a necessary evil?

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2391 on: January 4, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »
Just a quick question. If we had our two spare games and won them and were 6th in the league and 5 points behind 4th, would there still be the same level of hatred? Are people more angry at the man or at the performances.
Ok, if your angry at the man himself, what if (VERY big if!) we were top of the league yet he was still digging himself a hole every interview with regards the relationship with the fans? Would people see it as a necessary evil?

Even if we win every single game left this season I'd want Roy out.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #2392 on: January 4, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »
They must have finally cottoned on at the club that Hodgson's talks shite and nothing but shite. What good comes out of a hodgson press conference?? We'd only end up ripping our hair out at the next inane and stupid comment by this 'media savvy' man.

Whats more imbarrasing you would of thought the club would of had some one from a PR background advising him on what to say and what not to say. The guy is a laughing stock in front of the camera!

The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
« Reply #2393 on: January 4, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »
Well, that really would create a dilemma. I don't think even then I could back him.

The Liverpool manager's job is not a popularity contest, I don't care whether the players like him, I care about the performances and results on the pitch. Carra and Gerrard (allegedly) didn't enjoy playing for Rafa but still their best performances came under his tutelage and the team was the best it has been for 20 years.

If this is the best Roy can achieve, seriously, with our players actually behind him and giving their all, then surely he's just got to go? On the other hand if the players are not giving their all then, well, they've really got to go also.
I'm a believer.

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: January 4, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »
I'm getting completely bored with this whole thing now. I go onto rawk all the time and check twitter religiously every 5 minutes just to see a sign of getting rid of this muppet. I think I've had a lot of patience but now I'm getting to boiling point. If they want Deschamps or Klopp or Boas and have to wait till the end of the season I don't see why we can't get Rijkaard in on a 7 month contract and see how he does, if it works we can say we'll offer him a contract if not go get the man you really want it's not that hard. I think more than enough supporters would sacrifice all signings this Jan just to see this bellend fucked off and get someone in who has tactics for the 21st century.
This whole thing is just bollox. We got rid of the two dickheads we should all be chuffed to bits and enjoying the football played and supporting our team properly. Let's move on from the last year and start 2011 with some passion and excitement and show everyone we mean business.

Rant over
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #2395 on: January 4, 2011, 08:58:31 pm »
It's "the man" for me, Juggly - I'd still want him gone gone.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2396 on: January 4, 2011, 09:03:58 pm »

And they started playing pressing football and they stopped hoofing the ball up to Torres and they looked like they wanted to be there and Hodgson stopped embarrassing himself and us every time he opened his mouth and we got a decent goalkeeping coach to make sure Pepe stays and and and

Well no I still can't see me wanting him to stay!!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: January 4, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »
Although we have seen some decent attempts at football the majority of performances by the team have been poor. There is the age-old argument that once the players cross that white line.....blah....blah..... but I've lost patience waiting for the manager to make a decision, waiting for him to impact a game with a change of tactic, an early substitution or some managerial genius to give me hope.

I've given up waiting.

Offline RBrittain

• This week, I'll mostly be talking absolute bollocks in a Lucas Leiva topic. And next week. And the week after.
  • Main Stander
  • Robbie Fowler
« Reply #2398 on: January 4, 2011, 09:12:54 pm »
Even if we win every single game left this season I'd want Roy out.

If we win every single game left this season, we'd probably win the league with 82 points. And the FA Cup.

I'd keep him in that case. ;D

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: January 4, 2011, 09:14:28 pm »
If we win every single game left this season, we'd probably win the league with 82 points. And the FA Cup.

I'd keep him in that case. ;D
not in a million years of that happening i'm afraid.