Author Topic: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 274197 times)

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
Re: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2011, 06:35:19 pm »
16:35 1m3f Hcap  Stanley Rigby - 22-Feb-11

16:15 2m7f Hunt Chs  Just Amazing - 22-Feb-11

16:00 1m3f Mdn Stks  Runaway Tiger - 22-Feb-11
15:59 

Done well today  :wave Had insignia at the last at taunton and the silly bastard fell at the last fence,was cruising too.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
Huge WGC Matchplay event starts tomorrow in the US.  Anyone having a bash?

Last 2 years not necessarily big hitters have won the event in Geoff Ogilvy and Ian Poulter last year.  The emphasis seems to be on putting so im going for two guys quite high up in the putting stats.

Nick Watney and Geoff Ogilvy to repeat his 2009 win.

Just a tenner on Both at 28-1 and a small EW hit on big price Ryo Ishikawa,

BTW - Tiger Woods 14-1!!!  Wonder if Gianni is sticking with the great man?

EDIT: Sod it.  Couldn't resist the 16-1 on offer for Tiger Woods at Totesport. I'm on him for the first time in Yonks!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:59:51 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:09 pm »
does anybody bet on NBA?

Offline davidm1984

• Kemlynite
« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »
Charl Schwartzel and Rory McIlroy double in their first round match at the WGC Matchplay. Just about 6/4 the double.
jft96 YNWA

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2011, 03:21:19 pm »
Gone for Casey @ 14.5, Rory @ 19, Donald @ 46 and Ross Fisher @ 65. Seem to remember all of them having a decent record in this, not particularly sure about current form however.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »
Cink 66/1 Casey 14/1 Noh 150/1 Mannasero 125/1.

That's my lot.

Double of Overton and Fowler today.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2011, 03:36:05 pm »
The Oven Glove takes the lead on the first.

OI OI.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »
And that's 2.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2011, 04:01:38 pm »
3. Have that Ernest.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »
Huge WGC Matchplay event starts tomorrow in the US.  Anyone having a bash?

Last 2 years not necessarily big hitters have won the event in Geoff Ogilvy and Ian Poulter last year.  The emphasis seems to be on putting so im going for two guys quite high up in the putting stats.

Nick Watney and Geoff Ogilvy to repeat his 2009 win.

Just a tenner on Both at 28-1 and a small EW hit on big price Ryo Ishikawa,

BTW - Tiger Woods 14-1!!!  Wonder if Gianni is sticking with the great man?

EDIT: Sod it.  Couldn't resist the 16-1 on offer for Tiger Woods at Totesport. I'm on him for the first time in Yonks!

I know I shouldn't but couldn't help myself at 16/1. First time I've backed him in a while.

Also like Watney. They guy has been making birdies for fun.

Just those two for now. Might do G-Mac as well if he gets through his first round.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2011, 05:08:39 pm »
Thing is mate, you know he's not going to play stellar golf for 5 days. He's going to have, at some stage, one round where he goes to absolute pieces, his driving does to pot and he forgets how to putt.

I can't have him at 16/1 personally.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2011, 05:14:25 pm »
Thing is mate, you know he's not going to play stellar golf for 5 days. He's going to have, at some stage, one round where he goes to absolute pieces, his driving does to pot and he forgets how to putt.

I can't have him at 16/1 personally.

True. He's still a pretty intimidating prospect in matchplay golf though.

If he does have a round where he plays dreadful hopefully he continues the trend of it being in the latter part of the event as I've done him each way!
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. What on earth are you playing at?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2011, 06:08:29 pm »

Just those two for now. Might do G-Mac as well if he gets through his first round.

Looking very likely Gianni He's  4 up thru 7.

I had an errant 6 quid in my betfair account so lobbed 3 quid ew on Paddy Harrington at 80's. On top of Watney, Ogilivy,Ishikawa and Woods.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »
Love this tournament and I love match play.

These odds are based on PaddyPower, i'll look into best odds when I place my bets later once i've won a footy bet (Here's hoping).

I was quite annoyed when I looked at the draw as 4 out of the 6 players i chose were in the same bracket!

Retief Goosen - 40/1 would probably be my main bet for this as he is in decent form and at the odds he looks like good value to me.

Manassero - 125/1 is massive odds for this little fella. He is accurate and has a great short game, I think he'll do Stricker in the first round and the next round would look winnable too vs Schwarzel or Ishikawa.

Watney - 28/1 on his day is fucking awesome. Can easily shoot -8 rounds. He had an amazing round recently when he was miles off, I think he was -8 after 9 holes. Shortish odds probably because of this and again in this bracket (annoying).

Martin Laird - 66/1 was one of my other choices who unfortunately ended up in the same bracket. The scot always seems to be up there when watching the PGA and when watching him he looks a player. Should beat an out of sorts E.Molinari.

Right now out of that fucking bracket.

Bob Karlsson - 45/1 always seems to fuck things up for me but again recently he seems to have picked up a few decent rounds and that's all it takes in matchplay. His bracket looks very winnable, Mcilroy and Kaymer prove the threats but on his day the big man is class.

Mark Wilson - 125/1 has a tricky first tie in Dustin Johnson. He is hit and miss at the minute and I wouldn't let his massive driving put you off betting against him. Wilson is in fine form in 2011 and already has 2 wins on the PGA since the turn. Massive odds for a form player and also a decent bet for his win vs DJ.

1st round Accumulator

Manassero(11/8), Laird(4/5), Bo Van Pelt(evens), Adam Scott(4/5) and Wilson(11/8) @ 37/1

Ended up on Goosen as my main bet.
Karlsson
Manassero
Laird

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2011, 06:26:04 pm »
Forgot about one of my long running picks in Manassero...dam it. Not doing him now as ive done enough.  I backed Mark Wilson the other week in his second PGA win and am interested to see how he does at Match Play, he is certainly a steady player in the form of his life.

Saw your acca Adam and decided on a 1st round one myself for a bit of fun on the remaining games yet to tee off.

done

Ryan Moore, Shaun Ohair, KJ Choi, Zach Johnson, Kaymer @30-1

Justin Rose was heavily tipped for this  event but i see Z.Johnson beating him.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »
My accumulator is going completely against me! ha

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »
Worst I have seen Laird putt

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2011, 08:40:20 pm »
Know it's early but just backed Picture Editor for the Derby at 12-1. Looks over priced to me.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2011, 08:45:47 pm »
Know it's early but just backed Picture Editor for the Derby at 12-1. Looks over priced to me.

Stick it in the antepost thread mate.somewhere below..Its also available at 28/1 down!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby
bollocks

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2011, 08:51:55 pm »
Stick it in the antepost thread mate.somewhere below..Its also available at 28/1 down!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby

Cheers mate. I will have a few quid at 28s as well!!!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2011, 09:54:09 pm »
Jeff Overton is a complete bottle job pleb.

Els shot 75 I think, and won. Awful.

However, I will be with JB Holmes in the tie with Els tomorrow anything odds against. If he's not favourite, it's madness.

Cink in to 28/1, Manassero 66/1 and Casey 11/1. That'll do.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2011, 11:15:47 pm »

I had an errant 6 quid in my betfair account so lobbed 3 quid ew on Paddy Harrington at 80's. On top of Watney, Ogilivy,Ishikawa and Woods.

Barring disasters my main picks of Watney and Ogilvy safely through.  Ishikawa lost on the 20th, Harrington looks doomed and Woods' game in the balance.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2011, 11:24:21 pm »
True. He's still a pretty intimidating prospect in matchplay golf though.

If he does have a round where he plays dreadful hopefully he continues the trend of it being in the latter part of the event as I've done him each way!

I say that and can't help be lured in by some 32 and 42 going down 17 and 18.

Idea is to trade off if he wins 18. Win 18 Tiger lad!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2011, 11:32:49 pm »
Well I've got my money out at 23 and have a £217 green. Could have got it out at shorter by the looks of things, but still.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2011, 12:09:07 am »
'Why doesn't he take 3 wood every hole?'

Fuck off.

Bottle of wine. Watney did well.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2011, 08:52:16 am »
You couldn't have got a bet on Tiger Woods Pre Christmas 2009 against Thomas fucking Bjorn.  Bjorn is doing ok in recent months but you would have had your mortgage on Tiger not so long ago.

I know he went messing about where he shouldn't and he's not short of a few bob, but this really is a case of the media ruining one of the sporting greats of our time.  I was never Tiger Woods number 1 fan but as a golf fan It depresses me to see him like this. 

Sooner the better we exit this celebrity obsessed culture the better. I bet most of the people lapping up Tigers infidelity had never watched him play a round of golf before.

That said and to keep this in tune with the thread theme. 11/4 on Tiger getting caught with his pants down again. :(

Offline davidm1984

• Kemlynite
« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2011, 03:19:26 pm »
With the winnings from last bet a double of JB Holmes and Fowler tonight.
Charl Schwartzel and Rory McIlroy double in their first round match at the WGC Matchplay. Just about 6/4 the double.
jft96 YNWA

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2011, 03:22:37 pm »
Manassero my last man standing @ 190

treble for the day - Donald, Watson and Fowler.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2011, 03:36:31 pm »
Manassero my last man standing @ 190

Each way at 125/1 and got some 200 straight win.

There's nothing in there to be scared of for me to get the place part paid. Luke Donaldo and Nick Watney/Ryan Moore are all good players but it's not Martin Kaymer, Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter etc in the intimidation stakes, is it? Hell, it's not even Steve Stricker.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »
Just Donald left for me now, other 3 were trounced yesterday. Gone for Fowler, McDowell and Watney today.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: February 25, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
Just Donald left for me now, other 3 were trounced yesterday. Gone for Fowler, McDowell and Watney today.

Hope you've got no one left by the end of today then pal.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: February 25, 2011, 05:39:30 pm »
Just had a little wager on Bubba @ 20

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: February 25, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »
Good start Ricky.

Just about to go 3 down through 4.......

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: February 25, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »
Saved it but still 2 down.

Bubba has raced to 2 up after 2 holes

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:11 pm »
I've had a Yang/Mahan double tonight.

I generally just care about our Italian friend though.

COME ON MATTEO!

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: February 25, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »
Yeah man.  Matteo for the win.  If he can keep his short game in tact he stands a chance, it doesn't favour long drivers throughout the course, one erratic drive and your jim west desperado.

Bubba is looking good too.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »
Whilst you're exactly right what you say.

What you've wrote is quite funny given Bubba is about the longest driver there is haha.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: February 25, 2011, 07:07:44 pm »
I know yeah.  Ogilvys quite big too so thats why I went with him and his next round draw if he wins looks handy too so his odds would defintely shorten a lot.

Plus he has played well so far.

But again if he becomes erratic...uh oh

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #519 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:37 pm »
I've backed Crane.

What a shit punt that is turning out to be.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.