Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 153226 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #840 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:27 pm »
Lucas was missed today.

Correct. More than most would care to admit. Our pressing and tempo was non existent.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
He wasn't managing a side involved in this thread but you seem to keep bringing him into everything

Haha, I'm the one bringing him into everything? I'm clearly replying to all those who still seem to be supporting him over Roy and doing the comparisons.

I still hold hope that we'll get Rafa back one day with a stable board to support him. But at the moment, Roy Hodgson is our manager. He's doing shite, but what I don't understand is why he's getting lambasted, whereas on the next line people yearn for Rafa- a manager who didn't do much better last season (obviously last season's a natural comparison point).
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #842 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:48 pm »
Come on mate, comparing the first games as opposed to the results against the same teams?

We're on exactly the same number of points if you compare like for like (like I did up there ^^^). That's not including West Brom.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. The method you're suggesting is certainly one, but jumbling up the schedule to compare results fails to take into account the pressure of time. If you start out losing matches, you're more likely to lose in the future because of the pressure and thinking you have to make enforced changes. You have to keep throwing your best players out there again and again to make up ground.

Whereas if you get off to a good start, the pressure's off, the mindset of the players is positive, you can take more risks in rotating your best players keeping them fresh, and you approach cup competitions with a different mindset, not having one nervous eye on the table.

Fact is, we started out scoring freely last season but conceding freak goals at the back (Assou Ekotto, Gerrard peno v Villa, two Carra missed headers against Spurs and Villa). This season, we are still giving up goals, but not scoring as much, and digging a hole in the league table that will have us severely under pressure to dig out of.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #843 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:53 pm »
He doesn't have to earn respect from faceless net warriors.  It is the match going support, and while they will turn eventually if we struggle all season, they won't do it after 5 games.

Net warriors, journos included do, sadly, in this day and age move mountains....it happened last season to Rafa, and not to say it won't happen again....

Times have changed.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:59 pm »

paul_tomkins

RT @mattmoo: it's not the start it's the stats which tell story so far.less possession, fewer attempts than prev seasons.

Offline macmanaman

• doo doo dedoo doo
  • Kopite
  • Rafalution
« Reply #845 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »
We got no width whatsoever.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #846 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »
Oh well, at least we're not Everton.

Lucas was missed today.

Keep casting, you'll catch one in a minute.  ;)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #847 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »
Lucas was missed today.
I know. I shall be demanding a full refund from that sniper I hired.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:23 pm »
Rafa did a lot more for us than Roy has done.
Fuck me...! Did he really!  :butt

Unbelievable! For that...as the Dragons say... "I'm out!"

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #849 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:24 pm »
Since when did that matter? He was penalised for wrestling someone to the ground as last man. I've seen players kick the ball closer to the corner flag than the goal (or out for a goal kick) when rounding a goalkeeper but it's still penalty & red card given because of the opportunity. Crazy decision.

He didnt deny him a clear goal scoring opportunity. Last man or not. He pulled him down.

See Carra and Owen at our gaff last season.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #850 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #851 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:57 pm »
paul_tomkins

RT @mattmoo: it's not the start it's the stats which tell story so far.less possession, fewer attempts than prev seasons.

Which is what I have concluded as well...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:00 pm »
I think Hodgson's set-up is closer to Houllier than Rafa.  Houllier/Hodgson want players to keep their shape, so mainly two banks of 4, very rigid and inflexible.  Under Benitez, we had a similar set-up to his Valencia side, players pressing together as if linked by a piece of string depending which area of the field the ball was.
Exactly, spot on.

Regardless of how you rate them I think you really need to look again if you don't think there are important differences in how we're set up. You're absolutely right too - for good or ill our approach and set-up is a lot closer to Houllier than Rafa. The only big similarities to Rafa (from last season) right now are the formation (on paper it's still a 4-2-3-1, though really it's a 4-4-1-1 - the tactical approach is miles apart),  and the poor results away from home.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:02 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

Well said Doc ... :-D. What I missed most about Rafa? He made us good enough and threatening enough to get on Ferguson's nerves.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Randy Marsh

• Bastard Child of Roy Hodgson
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #854 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:08 pm »
I work with a Northampton fan   :'(
"What do you wanna do huh, what do you wanna do"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #855 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »
in the meantime Chelsea are already 4-0 up against Blackpool

The sad thing is they will reach number 19 before we do if we continue to be systematically bled dry.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »
Talk us up or talk us down - face up to it fellow supporters but LFC are, for the next several years, going to be a mid-table team. Our days of challenging for the title are long, long gone. You want title success, move to to Manchester or London. The only merseyside team challenging for a title will be dressed in blue and chewing a toffee.

Why?!

Everyone thinks Man U are so great and have such strength in depth. Their bench today: Kuszczak, Smalling, Owen, Macheda, Gibson, Anderson. Our bench: Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog. As long as we can keep our players, we shouldn't just roll over and die. We are not far behind but for one area, our mentality.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #857 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:32 pm »
Agreed. He just isnt 'solid' enough. Playing too deep, getting out jumped on crosses... Becoming too much of a liability. Roy will show if he really has any balls by dropping him.

That header he missed today was a carbon copy of the ones he missed against Spurs and Villa early on last season.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »
In the middle third of the pitch we were playing some nice passing in the second half, zipping the ball here and there and sending runners off in all directions, but as soon as they got in the box what happened?  Fuck all.  What exactly did Van der Sar do all afternoon other than scratch his last remaining bollock.

Our final Third play is woeful, no wonder Torres is pouting all the time, nothings getting through to him.  Twice he had a chance in the second half, one he got us a penalty and the other he was hauled down before he could get to it which resulted in the free kick we scored from.

He didn't have a shot on goal for the whole second half.  Even though we crept back into the game, we still produce nothing in the final third of the pitch.  This needs sorting out as we look lame as fuck right now.  Hodgson had better drill some attacking play into these lads asap or it's going to be us and Everton fighting to get out of relegation this season.  I may be overstating things a bit there, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility based on what's happening week in week out now.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »
Wrong thread mate. This is the Rafa thread.

just an attempt to drag a bit of reality in here - if the vermin beat us 3-2, I'd shudder to think what would happen chez les Chelsea on their current form
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »
He's doing shite, but what I don't understand is why he's getting lambasted, whereas on the next line people yearn for Rafa- a manager who didn't do much better last season (obviously last season's a natural comparison point).

Because he got sacked for it without the chance to put it right, Hodgson was brought in to put things right and isn't doing so.  People are still going to be making comparisons with how we'd be doing if Rafa had been given the chance to change his errors of last season.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

royhendo

« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »
21 pages and maybe three posts on the campaign threads this avo on a day when Hicks looks likely to gain full control of the club.

We deserve whatever we end up with.

5 games in and we're much the same as last year, really no better or worse. But just wait til the squad gets eviscerated.

Get involved - PLEASE!

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:04 pm »
Come on mate, comparing the first games as opposed to the results against the same teams?

We're on exactly the same number of points if you compare like for like (like I did up there ^^^). That's not including West Brom.

I thought the point of spending a lot of money on getting a new manager in was improvement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:13 pm »
Fuck me...! Did he really!  :butt

Unbelievable! For that...as the Dragons say... "I'm out!"

Please mean it. There's only so many times one can listen to a record skipping on a fucking loop.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:15 pm »
I work with a Northampton fan   :'(

worse - I work with "old firm" fans
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:22 pm »
Can you honestly say that the ownership of the club is having a negative affect on the team's playing ability??
Bollocks - the playing ability of the team would still be appaling irrespective of who the owners are (or the manager).
We have a team where only 20% of the players have any passion, skill or committment.
Can't keep using the ownership issue for an excuse for poor performance on the field

Nonsense.  Torres for example was evidently promised some sort of change at the top & investment in the team.  It never happened and at the mo looks more and more unlikely.  So he's prob well pished to be wasting his best years at a joke of a club going nowhere fast, which is what it is under the current regime.  I'd expect him to be off after this season unless there is drastic changes at the top - a player like him needs to be competing for trophies.   Gerrard will prob stay as he's hit 30 now and prob feels that the chance to move on has gone.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

I agree totally with the sentiment.
In my ideal world he would have been sat in the dug out today, raising his hand and bowing his head with a wry smile when the Stretford End started their fat spanish waiter shite and Roy would be at Fulham (or England) doing well and I'd wish him well because he is a nice fella.
I broke my heart when he left and by left I mean kicked unceremoniously out of the back door by a piece of shit who goes by the name of Purslow and is devoid of any knowledge of this club, I still get emotional about it now.
But he has gone and Roy is in now through no fault of his own. And he has an uphill battle that I don't think he'll beat without the supporters turning on him.

As Liverpool supporter we have a duty to back him until the day he ain't here to be backed and I will, it's what Rafa would have wanted. Talk about him in the Inter thread, with me and the rest of those who still haven't got over his departure but it helps no one to compare.
Besides we have much more important issues to be dealing with.
Viva Benitez
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #867 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »
They won't get rid of Roy no matter how badly we do.  His appointment wasn't made in the hope of winning the league, far from it, it was just to steady the ship.  Keep us up and he'll stay in the job

I suppose the best way to steady a ship is to bring it to rest on the ocean floor...
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa*. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa*, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

Totally spot on.

:thumbup :thumbup :wellin :wellin :wellin :thumbup
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
Our worst player today was Roy Hodgson.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #870 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:26 pm »
Would have been interesting had we held on for the point how different the reaction would have been on here.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline john_l

• Kemlynite
« Reply #871 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »

Spot on mate, spot on

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #872 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »
Why?!

Everyone thinks Man U are so great and have such strength in depth. Their bench today: Kuszczak, Smalling, Owen, Macheda, Gibson, Anderson. Our bench: Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog. As long as we can keep our players, we shouldn't just roll over and die. We are not far behind but for one area, our mentality.

Why?
Because Man utd, stoke, birmingham et al play with fire, passion and don't give up

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:36 pm »
Pathetic support, Liverpool FC is dead and you are part of it.
Agreed... Call yourselves Liverpool supporters slagging off our Manager after 5 games, when what he really needs is our support. Really embarrassed! Best fans in the land...my arse... Starting to show the true colours now.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:46 pm »
He didnt deny him a clear goal scoring opportunity. Last man or not. He pulled him down.

See Carra and Owen at our gaff last season.

Agree. Penalty, no red card.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #875 on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:12 pm »
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #876 on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »
Our worst player today was Roy Hodgson.

Subbed early on was he??
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:40 pm »
Lucas was missed today.

Correct. More than most would care to admit. Our pressing and tempo was non existent.

Agree. Thought we were ponderous today. Today, like the Man City game, brought a lot of questions. Why swap Gerrard and Meireles? Why didn't we press enough? Why was Konchesky exposed against Nani? Why do we have such difficulty defending crosses? Though It has to be said, I do think we missed Kuyt today and I think Lucas should have played.

Saying that, it's early days and we've had a difficult start with a new manager who needs time to have his ideas bedded in. You can count on one hand the number of games each of Konchesky, Meireles and Cole have played for us too. I'd expect us to get 6 points in the next 2 games and then see where we are.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:42 pm »
Why?
Because Man utd, stoke, birmingham et al play with fire, passion and don't give up

That would be our mentality then? ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:50 pm »
Haha, I'm the one bringing him into everything? I'm clearly replying to all those who still seem to be supporting him over Roy and doing the comparisons.

I still hold hope that we'll get Rafa back one day with a stable board to support him. But at the moment, Roy Hodgson is our manager. He's doing shite, but what I don't understand is why he's getting lambasted, whereas on the next line people yearn for Rafa- a manager who didn't do much better last season (obviously last season's a natural comparison point).

I pointed out Roy's poor away premiership away record and it seems to have translated into this season for US. You decided to mention our performances last season and correct me if I'm wrong but we won more than 1 away game in the league last year? Utd were shell shocked at 2 all and we seemed to go backwards because of Roy's subs and try and defend that.

We've had a great defensive 45 mins against Arsenal and a good 20 min spell today but what else in the league? Our performances are worse and our goal attempts and attacking play has declined. That's what worries me. I couldn't careless if it was Hodgson / O'Neill or Rafa that is something that needs to be addressed very soon. Even teams such as West Brom are having a go at us now as our style of play allows that.