Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 153229 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #760 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:13 pm »
Liverpool FC last season:

Arsenal home- lost
Mancs away- lost
Man City away- drew
Birmingham awat- drew

This season:
Arsenal home- drew
Man City awa- lost
Birmingham away- drew
Mancs away- lost

False logic
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:13 pm »

Arsenal home- lost
Mancs away- lost
Man City away- drew
Birmingham awat- drew

This season:
Arsenal home- drew
Man City awa- lost
Birmingham away- drew
Mancs away- lost

I thought the new manager was meant to improve us though.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:17 pm »
A question to everyone,

I want to comment something on formations. Just recently we played 4-4-2 against a top side playing  and we lost. Everyone was critizing Hodgson for being stupid and tactially naive.

Today, the roles were swapped and at times it was 4 reds vs 2 red devils in midfield and yet we lost. I wonder what those people have got to say.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #763 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:18 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

Is right!!
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #764 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:23 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

In a fucking nutshell mate

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #765 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:33 pm »
Different in what sense?

Our start to last season was terrible. This season is even worse. We were getting outplayed away from home badly and not playing till the 2nd half started. This season, bar the Arsenal match, we have been getting over run (West Brom in midfield at Anfield, Man City away, Man Utd away, Birmingham away) for longer periods than we ever did.
Shall I list the differences again? I'll try and do them in descending order of obviousness:

1) No pressing whatsoever, or very, very little.
2) No adaptation in approach according to the opposition, both in defence and attack.
3) No atttempt to nullify opposition strengths.
4) No attempt to target specific weaknesses.
5) Deep defensive line as basis of our entire approach rather than an option (which, granted, was arguably overused last season - with the caveat that Rafa had tons of injuries to contend with. This is clearly Roy's preferred approach - he's had no real injury issues whatsoever, bar Torres to start the season.
6) Midfield 4 plays in a flat line, basically identical to our defensive line, with very little room between them.
7) We don't use the DM's as a platform from which to build possession anymore. Fulham's 'platform' was Zamora - Torres is, thus far, failing very hard indeed in that role.
8) 'Wingers' were more like AMs under Rafa, more intented to play between the lines, more emphasis on keeping possession and 1-2s rather than running at people/running to get into position. This goes a long way to explaining why Maxi's looked a lot worse this season.
9) Under Rafa there was much more emphasis on the full-backs to provide width.
10) On the whole, the midfield and defense were a LOT more aggressive in looking to win the ball back - even when we played deep we'd only stand off to a certain point. Under Roy we retreat into position and stand off until the opposition reaches us.
11) We now man-mark from set-pieces (that should be higher in the 'obvious' list but I can't be arsed to change it again :P )

Anyway - I'm sure I could think of more, and admittedly some of those are variations on the same theme, but the basic ones of pressing, defensive line and especially variation are pretty bloody huge, fundamental and glaring differences.

Our form (away from home) may be similar, but the approach is hugely, hugely different. Roy may well be right - I emphasise this is a horrible run of games, especially in terms of our attack gelling and confidence building - but it'll be the same in the next few games. These games are crucial - if Roy can improve our form against lesser teams then he's probably done exactly the right things tactically. We'll get gifted the ball a lot more in the games to come so we'll see more how effective these tactics can really be, but they ARE very different. To be honest that should be pretty obvious to anyone actually paying close attention, I would have thought.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #766 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:36 pm »
Even the missus said Roy's post match talk was a disgrace an she dont like football.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #767 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »
Nothing to do with Rafa but so far in the leauge Roy has got it wrong in every single match. Not once have we played well, as if that isn't bad enough he is always happy with our dreadful performances and that's just making it even worse. The man is starting to seriously piss me off.

On the bright side Meireles is looking like a quality player.

+1

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »
We all know Roy's not the best around, but let's face it, Rafa made more than a few mistakes with this squad. (And talking about Away games, how many did Rafa win last season?)
What a lame defence. Rafa was sacked for his performances, so it's kinda stupid to bring up Rafa's record last season. Unless of course, you're in favour of Roy getting sacked for similar performances?

Offline Randy Marsh

• Bastard Child of Roy Hodgson
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #769 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:59 pm »
I thought the new manager was meant to improve us though.

Erm.....

You cheeky editing devil :D
"What do you wanna do huh, what do you wanna do"

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #770 on: September 19, 2010, 04:33:25 pm »
Talk us up or talk us down - face up to it fellow supporters but LFC are, for the next several years, going to be a mid-table team. Our days of challenging for the title are long, long gone. You want title success, move to to Manchester or London. The only merseyside team challenging for a title will be dressed in blue and chewing a toffee.

Offline Stockhead

• Boys Pen
« Reply #771 on: September 19, 2010, 04:33:31 pm »
Well I think the other way round. First you say even Agger would have done better than PKoncheskey. Do you remember his Man City performances. Next, have to thought about the entire back line and why Koncheskey was out of position many times. It was because Johnson went forward giving us with only 3 players at the back with all acting as central defending, therefore creating width and space for the players on the right for Man Utd. This happened last season also, where we had Insua who could not head the ball, this time it is koncheskey who can head a ball and is a better player defending one on one.

Take your criticism of glen johnson he offered nothing and is a liability in terms of his positional sense. Our two full backs were the wors two players on the pitch. Even Maxi, who was anonymous, didn't cost us as much. I question glen johnson's heart and i hope that if every fan watches the game back they question konchesky's natural ability. Defensive work? cost us a goal imitating pepe reina on the line. how easy is it to stand on the post? hold on to the fucking thing. United exploited that side of the pitch because they knew he was a weakness. Going forward, or in possesion even, he provided nothing. If you can't find a decent cross/pass into the box he's put in and his pass completion is so low you must see that he did not play well. i'd love for someone to detail what he did so well today?? don't put silver lining on his performance because he's a newbie. once again its not his fault. he's not up to the standard

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: September 19, 2010, 04:33:37 pm »
So far, though, it looks nothing like last season.

Tottenham Hotspur    2 - 1    Liverpool
Liverpool                    4 - 0    Stoke City    
Liverpool                  1 - 3    Aston Villa    
Bolton Wanderers     2 - 3         Liverpool
Liverpool                 4 - 0    Burnley

Last season we got 9 points out of our first 15 on offer, scoring 13 goals in the first 5 games.

Come on mate, comparing the first games as opposed to the results against the same teams?

We're on exactly the same number of points if you compare like for like (like I did up there ^^^). That's not including West Brom.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: September 19, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »
How did John O'Gay not get sent off?

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: September 19, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »
Even the missus said Roy's post match talk was a disgrace an she dont like football.
What did he say?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #775 on: September 19, 2010, 04:34:30 pm »
We had 2 shots on target against a defense containing Jonny Evans and John O'Shea. Does anyone know where you can buy 8 feet of thick rope?

Offline Randy Marsh

• Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #776 on: September 19, 2010, 04:34:34 pm »
The only merseyside team challenging for a title will be dressed in blue and chewing a toffee.

Nah, Leicester City, Burnley and whoever goes down with them have a much better chance of the title

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #777 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:02 pm »
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
BazC you keep mentioning Rafa in a thread where he wasn't managing. Why?

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #779 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:11 pm »

well said

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #780 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:30 pm »

:thumbup

Spot on mate

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #781 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:51 pm »
10 games in i've made up my mind, i'm anti hodgson and i wouldn't blink an eye if he was sacked tomorrow. i'd rather have owen coyle. seriously.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline reds9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #782 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »
The usual free for all after a loss in here.

Some complaining we are 16th. Fair enough but its not like we have had an easy start.

Some complaining about Meireles been taken off. He was obviously knackered.

We were poor defensively and its not something ive been used to over the years. But neither are the players. They are getting used to a new system. And trying to get used to this new system in a fixture list that has pitted us against city, utd and arsenal in the first 5 games.

I thought we kept the ball very well at times without creating too much. Meireles is obviously class, Cole has a great touch and turn and Gerrard looks better in midfield when he has players on the same wavelength as him. Cole, Meireles and Maxi are up to the job.

People giving out about Poulsen is something i cant understand. Apart from getting rid of the ball rather slwoly on occassion for my liking in the first half, he kept the play moving with good one touch passing and make some great tackles in the second half. He isnt the quickest but neither was Sami Hyypia and as Rafa said you dont have to be quick if you know where to be.

Sunderland and Blackppol at home in the next two league fixtures, that will give us a better indication of where we are at. We are 16th but we are 3 points off 4th.

If everyone can be this calm and looks things in perspective.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #783 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

I want a manager who is going to come out and admit we were SHIT and we need to stand up and be counted. I want a manager who is going to say we can do better than this and will do better than this. What we saw was a bit of a disgrace to watch. That is NOT what Liverpool Football Club are about......and if our manager can't motivate the players and get them up for match's, what else is there to say.

He'll never do that. Right now it's about good PR. Hodgson is doing what was asked of him. If we end up having a "good" season it'll be a bonus.

Listen  if Hodgson starts being too critical of our performances even when deserved he ends up at risk of waking up the apathetic imbeciles who don't see the gravity of the situation. They are paranoid of alienating more fans than they already have.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #784 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:04 pm »
Is right.

What a fucking appalling shower of "fans" we are turning out to be. Can't believe what we have turned into. Anfield has no atmosphere, we are all slagging off the manager and players (even when they hadn't even played a game for the club!!!)

Get it in your head:
We have no divine right to win anything.
There are no easy games anymore.
Sides have, for years, no longer viewed us as the team to beat.

Even fucking Pompey fans are showing more dignity and support for their club than we are. The fans made this club special. Now look at us.

I fucking despair.

But, as paying fans, we have the right to ask for our kind of football to be brought back and not that shite we saw today for the vast majority of the match. And also last weeks debacle against Birmingham.

The day we stop complaining and accepting that it's ALRIGHT to play the way, I am off to support the bloody Gunners.

We have frankly, been SHITE to watch.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #785 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »
A question to everyone,

I want to comment something on formations. Just recently we played 4-4-2 against a top side playing  and we lost. Everyone was critizing Hodgson for being stupid and tactially naive.

Today, the roles were swapped and at times it was 4 reds vs 2 red devils in midfield and yet we lost. I wonder what those people have got to say.

Doesn't matter that we had an extra man in midfield- we concede the midfield under Roy (so far) and try to hit on the break. If we'd set up in any way to try and control the midfield then the man advantage might have helped. Probably did help for that 10 mins when we tried to take the game to them.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:09 pm »

Arsenal home- lost
Mancs away- lost
Man City away- drew
Birmingham awat- drew

This season:
Arsenal home- drew
Man City awa- lost
Birmingham away- drew
Mancs away- lost

Yes, but that was a terrible season and I'm more worried about our approach than the results so far. We put ten men in the box and let everyone pump balls into the box against us. It's like we expect to lose and hope to draw.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:21 pm »
False logic

Why?

What a lame defence. Rafa was sacked for his performances, so it's kinda stupid to bring up Rafa's record last season. Unless of course, you're in favour of Roy getting sacked for similar performances?

It's actually a point to those who continue to deitify Rafa whilst demonising Roy. It's as if Rafa took this team to title glories, but this new shite clueless manager will get us relegated.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »
Actually thought we played a lot better, our perennial problem of no width seems to keep on appearing.
Poulsen, Gerrard and Raul had good games. Torres played well in very small patches. Main problem was our attitude. Sitting back when we have equalized shows a sign of the times. We wouldn't have lost if we had tried playing some football in the last 10mins. Manutd were very poor, and they will not win the league this season, quote me on it.
     Belief, I dont know how that is to be developed, some one needs to get the secret from Mourinho coz he always gets the belief of that divine right to win in his players.
Long season ahead now, we need to keep plugging away, and see how far we go. I guess the only thing that can infuse some life in to the lost belief in players/fans' minds is a change of ownership, nothing else matters.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #789 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »
Talk us up or talk us down - face up to it fellow supporters but LFC are, for the next several years, going to be a mid-table team. Our days of challenging for the title are long, long gone. You want title success, move to to Manchester or London. The only merseyside team challenging for a title will be dressed in blue and chewing a toffee.

What, from the bottom three of the league?
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #790 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:03 pm »
do you know who we played today and what happened? we played against man u and fucking rolled over for them like a newly promoted side. your mate hodgson was probably too busy admiring the god damn stadium to worry about winning the match. he lines up his excuses before the game and then we have 5 points after 5 games.

im not a fucking sheep, he needs to earn my respect.
We rolled over...riiiight. With you all the way on that one...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #791 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:05 pm »
Thats ironic but not unexpected coming from an anti-Rafa like yourself
You can accuse KH of a lot of things but double standards isn't one of them. She always backed Rafa the same as she did Roy - she would absolutely lay into tactics, players, anything she didn't like (and she's done the same here), but she would also affirm her support and round on people who talked absolute shite about him.

I don't agree with her a lot of times, but she's a very consistent poster - whatever the opposite of a hypocrite is, she is one of those. Her line with Roy's been exactly the same as it is against Rafa. I appreciate a lot of your posts tea-tree - and I love your analysis of the game (and I wish you'd post more along those lines, to be honest with you), but that's a very unjustified pop to have, I think.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #792 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
How did John O'Gay not get sent off?

Because Torres would never have got near the ball?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #793 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »
We had 2 shots on target against a defense containing Jonny Evans and John O'Shea. Does anyone know where you can buy 8 feet of thick rope?

You can use mine first.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:30 pm »
It's not going to bring him back though is it....you sound like a bloody Christian
Let him live in the past.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: September 19, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »
BazC you keep mentioning Rafa in a thread where he wasn't managing. Why?

A thread where he wasn't managing?

I'll answer the question if you make it clearer  ???

Offline Randy Marsh

• Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #796 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:18 pm »
10 games in i've made up my mind, i'm anti hodgson and i wouldn't blink an eye if he was sacked tomorrow. i'd rather have owen coyle. seriously.

Yep.

And I DO hope he reads this thread, really. If not then Ryan or Nathan, could you print off a few pages and give them to him tomorrow morning? You dont have to say they're from you, just slide them under his door and then run away.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:22 pm »
Because Torres would never have got near the ball?

cant work out if this is sarcasm or not but he really would have :-\
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #798 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:24 pm »
What, from the bottom three of the league?

Who? Us or Everton?

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »
Is right.

What a fucking appalling shower of "fans" we are turning out to be. Can't believe what we have turned into. Anfield has no atmosphere, we are all slagging off the manager and players (even when they hadn't even played a game for the club!!!)

Get it in your head:
We have no divine right to win anything.
There are no easy games anymore.
Sides have, for years, no longer viewed us as the team to beat.

Even fucking Pompey fans are showing more dignity and support for their club than we are. The fans made this club special. Now look at us.

I fucking despair.

Totally agree with this post. We don't have a divine right to win and we don't have a divine right to be in the Champions League. We have owners that are gradually bleeding us dry and until something is sorted about that, we're not going to be able to compete with the top four.

Some Liverpool fans are currently like a millionaire that's had to take a pay cut to £20K per year, but still want to be driving around in Ferraris.