Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 151163 times)

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2010, 11:59:02 pm »
no no he really really doesn't.

Babel has zero potential he is the footballer he is - which is generally poor with the occasional moment of something better. I don't know why some lfc fans won't accept that when it's been this way for so long

bullshit, how can you say that somebody who has the raw (emphasis on the word raw here) attributes that Babel has has got no potential??

Hes quick, strong, athletic, bullet of a right foot etc ....... Anybody with these attributes simply need coaching CORRECTLY. By that I mean coaching that aims to enable these qualities to merge together and ultimately make the player better.
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 1, 2010, 12:04:45 am »
Babel's going to explode. He does have talent. Le'ts just hope he shows it. We've all got his back.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #282 on: September 1, 2010, 12:06:44 am »
Hes quick, strong, athletic, bullet of a right foot etc ....... Anybody with these attributes simply need coaching CORRECTLY. By that I mean coaching that aims to enable these qualities to merge together and ultimately make the player better.

Don't agree.

A dodo has wings but cannot fly. No amount of coaching will get the fucker in the air.

Babel has all the attributes except the desire to apply them.

With all of these "attributes" he should have proved himself by now.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 1, 2010, 12:31:20 am »

Don't agree.

A dodo has wings but cannot fly. No amount of coaching will get the fucker in the air.

Babel has all the attributes except the desire to apply them.

With all of these "attributes" he should have proved himself by now.

He has all the attributes of a very good right winger. Or a decent striker (as back up for Fernando). So, lets play him there. Maxi/Kuyt/Jova and Babel should all be rotating. Kuyt and Jova will be knackered if they carry on starting and playing most of the games.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #284 on: September 1, 2010, 01:06:10 am »
He's got the attributes, and most of all, he wants to play for LFC. Let Roy coach him, lets not forget he made a half decent striker out of Zamora somehow.
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #285 on: September 1, 2010, 01:10:11 am »
Anyone got the lads address? I want to order him a trampoline. I really like the lad (how can you not?) but he needs to learn how to jump properly and to head a ball. That would make him a completely different proposition as a striker.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 1, 2010, 06:21:40 am »
He's probably become a very important part of the squad now. He's got pace, he can finish (when he's got the confidence). I saw him against Chelsea when we broke their run, he came one, and played the lone striker's role well. Roy needs to coach him (and even Torres) the same way as Zamora. Teach them how to play with their back to goal, hold onto the ball, and lay it to a Red shirt. It's that simple, and if they get that sorted, either have enough talent to give teams nightmares.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #287 on: September 1, 2010, 06:30:03 am »
So, do we reckon Roy's put him in the bracket of backup striker then?

If i were Babel i'd be worried if that was the case. Because N'Gog's clearly favored in front of him for the lone role, unless we're going to play 2 up top when Torres is injured, with both of them? If he's down as backup striker he's going to be seeing even less minutes on the pitch.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 1, 2010, 06:37:45 am »
Glad he is here and C. Cole is there. West Ham mates were crying out for that move, must tell you something..
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline martinlloyd85

• Main Stander
  • I cough all Mornin', and I smoke all night.
« Reply #289 on: September 1, 2010, 08:35:34 am »
This is his year to shine.

I've never been a Babel fan, and unless I see a dramatic turn around I probably never will.

But our inability to sign a striker before the transfer window shut will basically thrust Ryan into a reserve striker's role. (I'm hoping).

It's a situation that both Ryan and his fans have been wanting for years, so when Torres gets injured (which is sadly...inevitable) he'll get his chance to put out or get out.

Best of luck this season Ryan lad, hope you win over your critics for our sake!
-Justice.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #290 on: September 1, 2010, 08:44:27 am »
Considering our current striker situation I'm glad he stayed. This is an ideal time for him to make a fresh start to a new season, with a new coach. Give it a real go lad.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 1, 2010, 08:51:02 am »
Still can't believe we agreed 5m for him.  :rollseyes
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #292 on: September 1, 2010, 08:55:40 am »

Hows it go;?

Roy: babs im looking for you to play striker this year i think your the bomb

Babel: Thanks roy i can do anything as long as you put your arm around me and pinch my bum from time to time.

Roy: Babs you might be going to west ham pack you gear

Babel: Roy i dont want to go i love you

Roy: Babs you going be a hugh player for me this year as a striker i love you (Pinchs bum)

Babel: Im so confident now Roy im going take nando s position.

Roy is some boy clearly...

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #293 on: September 1, 2010, 09:01:50 am »
Babel has every choice under Roy. The lads ability is beyond doubt. For whatever reason it didn't work with Rafa. Give him until Christmas, and if we are still waiting then we cut our loses,no complaints from me.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 1, 2010, 09:05:26 am »
No matter what people think of him he has been treated like shit by our club, from people not telling him there was no training and he turned up in the snow to find the gates locked.
To the club whoring the lad around, if Roy is this messiah arm around type of fella that people keep harping on about, he can resurrect Ryans career as long as he gets his head down and listens, but after this latest episode and throw Lucas into the mix also the pair of them have been treated pretty shitty by the club.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #295 on: September 1, 2010, 09:12:00 am »
No matter what people think of him he has been treated like shit by our club, from people not telling him there was no training and he turned up in the snow to find the gates locked.
To the club whoring the lad around, if Roy is this messiah arm around type of fella that people keep harping on about, he can resurrect Ryans career as long as he gets his head down and listens, but after this latest episode and throw Lucas into the mix also the pair of them have been treated pretty shitty by the club.

That echoes my feelings on it.

Babel hasn't lived up to his potential since he's been here but the way the club are whoring him around like they did Insua and apparently Lucas as well makes you think how low our club continues to slide.

So now we have two players in the squad and possibly in the starting 11 who know the club are going to ship them out asap unless there setting the world alight.

Yeah sure you can argue that they'll be more motivated to stay and fight for there place but it's most likely in my opinion that they'll pull a blinder of a season like Xabi did to get their values up before they give the club a two finger salute and move somewhere there wanted.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 09:14:52 am by red_til_i_die »
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline martinlloyd85

• Main Stander
  • I cough all Mornin', and I smoke all night.
« Reply #296 on: September 1, 2010, 09:16:15 am »

Is My_Mums_Cola your Twitter?

I'm reading it now pissing meself.
-Justice.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 1, 2010, 09:31:36 am »

Spot on, Lynds.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 1, 2010, 09:37:29 am »
Liverpool are believed to have offered Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva and Dutch forward Ryan Babel in exchange for West Ham striker Carlton Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park.
Full story: The Guardian

Thats scary shit if true.

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
  • Everton are a small club
« Reply #299 on: September 1, 2010, 10:03:34 am »
Liverpool are believed to have offered Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva and Dutch forward Ryan Babel in exchange for West Ham striker Carlton Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park.

Carlton Cole's scoring record - 217 games 48 goals
Ryan Babel's record - 231 games 38 goals

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #300 on: September 1, 2010, 10:17:13 am »

IF that is true then this club truly is on a slippery slope....knee deep in shot.....in hell....

WTF?

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #301 on: September 1, 2010, 10:56:38 am »
I think the lad can play. He rightly has felt unwanted and has disgraced himself on the pitch for us which is clearly not ever going to win any hearts. I'm actually more appalled that we have so far, and allegedly continue to treat a player who could have been great for us in such a shoddy manner. I always thought our transfer policy team were poor, and I was hoping for a change, but it hasn't changed enough. Fuck off as soon as you can Ryan, even though it will result in us onc e again getting fucked over, you will never get a decent go with us, because of us, and because of you. Lucas could also have been anything for us. What the fuck happened? Why is it still happening?? I am seriously pissed off.
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #302 on: September 1, 2010, 11:02:23 am »
No matter what people think of him he has been treated like shit by our club, from people not telling him there was no training and he turned up in the snow to find the gates locked.To the club whoring the lad around, if Roy is this messiah arm around type of fella that people keep harping on about, he can resurrect Ryans career as long as he gets his head down and listens, but after this latest episode and throw Lucas into the mix also the pair of them have been treated pretty shitty by the club.

How do you know that? If that is true, i feel sorry for the lad.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #303 on: September 1, 2010, 11:07:07 am »
Carlton Cole's scoring record - 217 games 48 goals
Ryan Babel's record - 231 games 38 goals

what a shit stat if its intended to make CC look better.

i read that as Ryan having an average of 30-40 mins per game and scoring that many

not to mention the positional differences

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 1, 2010, 11:35:11 am »

It was on here a while back, though people laughed at it and joked about it, rather than actually try and see how shit that is and how poor it is.

If that is true, then fuckinghell. Fuckinghell.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #305 on: September 1, 2010, 12:43:09 pm »
Agree with Juan, fucker needs to learn how to jump instead of these pussy jumps he does.

i thought it was white men that can't jump
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #306 on: September 1, 2010, 12:45:34 pm »
glad he is staying  :wave

we need options from the bench and (imho) babel definately has the ability to change games

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 1, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »

LMAO

chill, he drove home in his bentley and got blown off by 2 fit birds whilst doing a mix, as soon as he got back in. holla.

Offline lord_anshul

• Anny Roader
  • Here we go again!
« Reply #308 on: September 1, 2010, 02:33:13 pm »
This season is your golden chance lad. Dont let us down.
When in doubt, toss a coin. Not because it will help you take a decision, but because for the moment coin is in the air, you'll know what your heart truly wants.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 1, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
he's not done here - but it sure seems like "someone" was ready to be done with him 

hope he proves the doubters wrong.  already has a goal and has looked good in the 70 total minutes he has been granted this season.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #310 on: September 1, 2010, 06:27:49 pm »
Agree with Juan, fucker needs to learn how to jump instead of these pussy jumps he does.

Or, we could stop hoofing the football up to him when he clearly isn't that type of striker. :)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 06:29:22 pm by Andy »

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
« Reply #311 on: September 1, 2010, 06:46:37 pm »
Those hoofs aren't even kicked in his general direction...

Against the Turks at Anfield, Babel had to run about 30 yards just to get under the shaggin things, and then there was no one anywhere near him to pick up the breaks. It was farcical. I pray to God that Roy gives this lad a chance, himself and Ngog together could frighten the shite out of any defence if they can build some momentum.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 1, 2010, 06:50:28 pm »
After being a bit scared of losing Babel, ive grown to respect his potential and how good he could be.

go do your thing Ryan, be the player we all want you to be.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #313 on: September 1, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
i think me and Juan mean moments when he's actually required to head the ball, like when he's in the box and theres a cross coming in

or when he pretended to jump for the ball against Lyon last season completely missed it leading to their winning goal...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
« Reply #314 on: September 1, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »
i think me and Juan mean moments when he's actually required to head the ball, like when he's in the box and theres a cross coming in

or when he pretended to jump for the ball against Lyon last season completely missed it leading to their winning goal...

They are cringe moments for sure, I don't know will that ever change though...

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 1, 2010, 11:38:41 pm »
lol at his twitter

him and arbeloa are both discussing pretty woman ;D

edit just to clarify pretty woman the film not some random bird

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #316 on: September 1, 2010, 11:46:00 pm »
Ok Rapcage, he can't jump....and so. How many of our team our good headers of the ball Torres, Agger and Kuyt 3 in a 25 man squad.  How about this question how many of first 11 has blistering speed and a shot like a thunderbolt?

I get it you don't like Babbel, but you cannot be thick enough to want C Cole at Anfield instead, a man who is playing at his full potential for Hammers reserves.....go on make keep making fun of Babbel....but you don't know how lucky we are that deal didn't go through, call yourself a supporter, if you are keep supporting the LFC players who want to play for us, in your mocking way

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #317 on: September 1, 2010, 11:50:00 pm »
I feel sorry that he turned up for training when it was snowing and it was cancelled. He probably still got £10,000 for one days work.
FFS how about supporters who travel 6 hours to watch the reds and we put in a shite performance like we did last year, i feel more sorry for them
YNWA

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #318 on: September 1, 2010, 11:56:27 pm »
I wonder why people think he's going to have a golden chance this year, when our striker stocks are more or less identical to how they were last season. So far it seems Roy has preferred Ngog as second choice just like Rafa did

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 1, 2010, 11:59:29 pm »
Needs to be give a decent run in the team, not 20 mins here and there
MAssive potential and in training is the fastest player we have
and how much do we lack pace in our team right now!