Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 150592 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2010, 02:52:27 pm »
i have a feeling he will play the full 90 against WBA.

did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2010, 03:18:59 pm »
If Babel could bring a ball down better- first touch - he'd get a lot more games/playing time.  I think we'll get to see a lot of him as our squad is thin
Doubters to Believers

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2010, 03:21:06 pm »
If Babel could bring a ball down better- first touch - he'd get a lot more games/playing time.  I think we'll get to see a lot of him as our squad is thin

Couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2010, 03:22:24 pm »
i have a feeling he will play the full 90 against WBA.

hope you're right.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline daniel dougherty

• clueless...
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2010, 03:44:53 pm »

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:23 am »
He is not in the national team for the upcoming to qualifiers. He has not played enough for Liverpool according Van Marwijk
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2010, 08:44:07 am »
So far hodgson hasn't given the lad a chance even after showing promising signs. I hope this changes but so far has looked that bizarrely jovanovic is undroppable.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2010, 08:45:39 am »
So far hodgson hasn't given the lad a chance even after showing promising signs. I hope this changes but so far has looked that bizarrely jovanovic is undroppable.

Thats right he's undroppable.

Scientists have now agreed that a sample of less than 5 games is enough to establish FACT.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Seismic

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2010, 08:50:22 am »

In my opinion Dirk hasn't got much of a first touch yet he still plays more. I don't know whose a better player for the system we play.

Offline biratl

• Anny Roader
  • ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2010, 08:58:31 am »
Thats right he's undroppable.

Scientists have now agreed that a sample of less than 5 games is enough to establish FACT.

Nail on fucking head. Some people... ::)
If H&G told me the time, I'd check me watch at least 3 times.. twice to see they was telling the truth, and once to see if they'd stole it.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2010, 07:05:01 pm »
Could be swapped with Carlton Cole if these texts are any true :lmao
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2010, 08:24:45 pm »

Kuyt has the shittest touch in our team, but plays week in week out. So, I very, very much doubt he isn't playing because of a 'bad' first touch.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:44 pm »
Kuyt has the shittest touch in our team, but plays week in week out. So, I very, very much doubt he isn't playing because of a 'bad' first touch.

Not sure where you got that from. He has a decent first touch IMO.

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2010, 08:31:24 pm »
At the end of last season Babel was outworking Kuyt as well as being a better footballer technically. It was probably just extra effort to ensure a World Cup place, but I hope he gets a chance at a full 90 against West Brom. Can be such a dangerous player on his day.

If we're going to play two up front, I reckon Babel would work pretty well with Torres. Better than Ngog anyway. Saw him play second striker for Holland in the U21 Euros before we signed him, and he was genuinely decent there. Showed good vision and awareness of space as well as his obvious power and pace. Was a while ago now but I still reckon he could be quite useful up front in a 4-4-2.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »
Not sure where you got that from. He has a decent first touch IMO.

Even if it is decent, it still doesn't mean he hasn't got one of the worst in our team. Babel has a good touch, anyway. His goal against Unirea (I think) away last season showed his good touch.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2010, 08:41:07 pm »
Even if it is decent, it still doesn't mean he hasn't got one of the worst in our team. Babel has a good touch, anyway. His goal against Unirea (I think) away last season showed his good touch.

Yeah but it's only good sporadically. Kuyt is far more consistent and his play on the ball is a little underrated also.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2010, 08:50:44 pm »
Yeah but it's only good sporadically. Kuyt is far more consistent and his play on the ball is a little underrated also.

how do you think kuyt`s liverpool career would have gone if he was treated the way babel`s been treated (1 bad game and your benched for months etc?)

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:50 pm »
Never given a proper run in the team imo, i think he could do a great job on our right side with torres and even kuyt up front

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:06 pm »
how do you think kuyt`s liverpool career would have gone if he was treated the way babel`s been treated (1 bad game and your benched for months etc?)

Probably a similar direction - but that would be the same for any player not given a chance. I actually would prefer to keep Babel, as I think if he's motivated he can be a deadly player. I thought he was good in his first season here, but there was never a consistent role in the team for him. Kuyt is an important player for us because, due to his hard work and graft, even if he has a poor game (see the other night in Turkey), he can still come up with vital goals and/or assists. Babel unfortunately doesn't have that quality about his play.

Like I said though, if it was down to me, I would keep him.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »
Probably a similar direction - but that would be the same for any player not given a chance. I actually would prefer to keep Babel, as I think if he's motivated he can be a deadly player. I thought he was good in his first season here, but there was never a consistent role in the team for him. Kuyt is an important player for us because, due to his hard work and graft, even if he has a poor game (see the other night in Turkey), he can still come up with vital goals and/or assists. Babel unfortunately doesn't have that quality about his play.

Like I said though, if it was down to me, I would keep him.

kuyt is a regular in the team because the last manager (and this one by the looks of it) prefer workhorses than players who can take the game to the opposition.
this club has spent the past decade setting out to stop the opposition playing, i think it`s about time we started letting the opposition worry about us.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2010, 10:17:39 pm »

How do you know Babel hasn't got a consistent touch, when he hasn't had a run of games since 2007/2008? ;)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2010, 10:26:30 pm »
Still amazes me to this day that people say Babel hasn't ever been given a proper run in the side .... fuck me, have people forgot when Rafa signed him he played regularly on the left?
And when he's been given the chance up front, he's been shite.

In fact, more amazed that 2 years after I thought he'd leave, we are still discussing the merits of Ryan Babel when all he's done for the last 2 years is be very, very average.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2010, 12:04:48 am »
got a feeling that Roy doesn't rate babel much.hope I'm wrong though.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2010, 12:05:11 am »
Time to cut the cord on this experiment I reckon
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2010, 12:17:58 am »
Still amazes me to this day that people say Babel hasn't ever been given a proper run in the side .... fuck me, have people forgot when Rafa signed him he played regularly on the left?
And when he's been given the chance up front, he's been shite.

In fact, more amazed that 2 years after I thought he'd leave, we are still discussing the merits of Ryan Babel when all he's done for the last 2 years is be very, very average.

Thank you for bringing up the point that Rafa played him laods on the left when he first signed (his first season). Because, that was also Ryan's best season. He was good and promising that year. Now, what I have been saying since then, is why the fuck has he not had another run of games like he did get in that first season? Because he deserves it. Not as if our wingers have been top quality these past two seasons either has it?

And, quite clearly, he has not been 'shite'when given the (very, very rare) chance up front.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:54 am »
Babel has been good so far this year. In about 90 mins of football he's scored a goal and set up another and generally played well. I think he's earnt a the opportunity to start the next few weeks.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2010, 11:13:15 am »
Thank you for bringing up the point that Rafa played him laods on the left when he first signed (his first season). Because, that was also Ryan's best season. He was good and promising that year. Now, what I have been saying since then, is why the fuck has he not had another run of games like he did get in that first season? Because he deserves it. Not as if our wingers have been top quality these past two seasons either has it?

And, quite clearly, he has not been 'shite'when given the (very, very rare) chance up front.

If Babel is this undiscovered and downtrodden genius that everyone seems to think he is, with potential the world has never seen, why is it Rafa didn't see it and now Hodgson isn't giving him a run either? When he puts his mind to it, he's a very talented player, but he never puts his mind to it, or very rarely puts his mind to it.

How many games has he played up front? I remember a Fulham game (it may have been someone else) when he missed chance after chance, and was subbed. And a fair few other games when he's been up front where he's looked non-existant.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2010, 11:15:30 am »
Roy is clearly an incredibly defensive manager. We play like fulham did last year. Things may change in the next few months but for now Roy is going with conservatism and no width and so guys like Babel and Pacheco will not feature much.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2010, 11:18:54 am »
Roy is clearly an incredibly defensive manager. We play like fulham did last year. Things may change in the next few months but for now Roy is going with conservatism and no width and so guys like Babel and Pacheco will not feature much.

You make judgement in 2 games?

And you make it sound like Rafa gave a lot of chances to them

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:31 am »
It does baffle me sometimes though, he's quick, strong, powerful, skillful, yet his first touch sometimes is a disaster :(

His lack of self confidence tends to be his un-doing whenever he does start games.....which may explain why he has been a bigger success, coming off the bench as an impact player...when the opposition players are tiring...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2010, 04:02:03 pm »
Why the fuck has he not started today? If he wasn't gonna start today he should have started last thursday. Not only is it bollocks for Babel himself, but all it is doing is tiring our other playeres like Dirk and Jova already. Fucking ridiculous. If this manager isn't gonna play him then sell him ffs!

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »
Been reduced to ten minute cameos then.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2010, 04:56:40 pm »
SHITE FOR THE LAD, was crying out for him today.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:06 pm »
Why the fuck has he not started today? If he wasn't gonna start today he should have started last thursday. Not only is it bollocks for Babel himself, but all it is doing is tiring our other playeres like Dirk and Jova already. Fucking ridiculous. If this manager isn't gonna play him then sell him ffs!

Babel has had plenty of chances in the past.  He's 23 ffs.  This bollocks has to stop at some point.  He's not good enough and if we got a decent offer for him, he would probably be gone.  We just don't have many other striking options right now so we that's another reason why he's still here.  He's NOT potential just waiting to be realized by the right mentor.  He's an average striker playing for a top club.  Sorry, but after the last few years of watching him fail over and over again, that's my take on him.  He's at the wrong club.  He'd be a great player for the likes of Fullham but not us.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2010, 05:01:08 pm »

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2010, 05:07:05 pm »

this. hope Roy gives him more time in the future, only way for him to keep growing!  :butt

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2010, 05:10:33 pm »
dissappointed he didnt start today. especially since kuyt played a full 90 against trabzonspor.

i really dont think jovanovic is the player all the forum are raving about. think babel is a bigger threat, especially infront of someone rock solid like agger.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »
Babel has had plenty of chances in the past.  He's 23 ffs.  This bollocks has to stop at some point.  He's not good enough and if we got a decent offer for him, he would probably be gone.  We just don't have many other striking options right now so we that's another reason why he's still here.  He's NOT potential just waiting to be realized by the right mentor.  He's an average striker playing for a top club.  Sorry, but after the last few years of watching him fail over and over again, that's my take on him.  He's at the wrong club.  He'd be a great player for the likes of Fullham but not us.

He has bags of potential, only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. You say he's a stiker, and had loads of chances. Urm, I reckon less than 10% of those 'chances' were as a striker.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2010, 05:46:25 pm »
He has bags of potential, only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. You say he's a stiker, and had loads of chances. Urm, I reckon less than 10% of those 'chances' were as a striker.

I'm not going to argue with you about it.  I've watched him play for the last few years so I have a quite different opinion of him.  He runs down blind allies.  He's NOT a great finisher.  His movement off the ball is not good.  His touch is average.  You might have been able to say he was raw when he was 20 but he is not 20.  He's at least 23 now.  And to top it all off, he MAY have an attitude problem.   Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the lad and I don't agree that there is a great player there just itching to get out if only the right mentor could come along to nurture him. 

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2010, 05:51:50 pm »
agreed, we need his pace in this team
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !