Author Topic: Any Kate Bush fans?  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Any Kate Bush fans?
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:06:12 am »
Can't seem to find a dedicated thread to her on here which is slighty strange considering I think she has brought out one of the best albums of all time in 'Hounds of Love' and one of the best songs of all time in 'Rockets Tail'

I even like her newer stuff, hope we don't have to wait too many years for her next album....which of course we will

Moments of pleasure is one of my personal faves, just find it really touching when she name checks her mother and other people who had died at the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5P0v0kGauc

Best female artist of all time 8)

"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Any Kate Bush fans?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:11:20 am »
I used to be quite a fan of Kate in the 80's. The Man With The Child in his Eyes is my fave.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:14:20 am »
Great songwriter, completely bonkers, and she's aged really well too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:14:12 pm »
Can't seem to find a dedicated thread to her on here which is slighty strange considering I think she has brought out one of the best albums of all time in 'Hounds of Love' and one of the best songs of all time in 'Rockets Tail'

I even like her newer stuff, hope we don't have to wait too many years for her next album....which of course we will

Moments of pleasure is one of my personal faves, just find it really touching when she name checks her mother and other people who had died at the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5P0v0kGauc

Best female artist of all time 8)

Are you married? ;)

kate bush is her own category of music.....a genius plain and simple!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:47:25 pm by Derzyjudek »
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »
She's awesome pure and simple ... I've always thought  "The Dreaming" is a very underated album ...  tracks like "Sat In Your Lap", "Suspended in Gafa" and "The Dreaming" ("bang goes another Kanga on the bonnet of me van"  always made me smile ..  the whole album is bonkers at times)   .. her debut album "the kick inside" and "hounds of love" would be my other favourites ... "Aerial" was a fantastic return album after all these years too .. her voice still sounds terrific
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:33 pm »
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 11:56:46 pm »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:16 pm »
Love her. So many great albums, and songs.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »
i used to be scared of her when i was a kid. thought she was a witch.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »
Pity she didn't tour more, check out this great 'live' version of Wuthering Heights, looking rather beautiful too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMUcz1Gk9xA
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:17 pm »
Pity she didn't tour more, check out this great 'live' version of Wuthering Heights, looking rather beautiful too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMUcz1Gk9xA

It is brilliant, but I just can't hear this tune without thinking of Partridge.

"Don't sing Susan....it sounds bad"
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »
Think Hounds of Love is probably my fave single, plus Cloudbusting which is based on fact and makes an interesting read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmTvbw4kLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHA9W-zExQ

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 06:39:59 pm »
Ha, so tired, I finally managed to post the link :butt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl9OKddQBRg
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:43:58 pm by rotistgeil »

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 07:18:13 pm »
Pity she didn't tour more,

She only did one tour, in 1979, the opening date of which was at the Empire. I was lucky enough to be there, and she was great.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:21:36 pm »
Yeah,only one tour was really strange, and from the youtube stuff of some 'live' material from Germany in '79 it looked really good.

Don't think they ever released a DVD of The London Hammersmith gig did they, I remember having the video but that was years ago,not even sure if I still have it.

A souped up DVD IN 5.1 sound would be nice.

I notice there is Kate Bush tribute band called Hounds of Love playing at the Matthew Street Festival on Monday, I'll be checking them out (this thread has deffo got me in the mood for it!)

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:14 pm »
Kate Bush.
You are so lush.
But I wish you'd just.
Hush.

Now that my poor poetry of years ago is behind me, I'll bow down and say that 'Cloudbusting' is one of the greatest pop songs ever written (and who could argue?)....

Why is Disk 2 of Aerial so lovely compared to disk 1? 'An architects dream' is just beautiful....

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 01:19:30 pm »
She's the Sir Ryan Giggs of Music  ;)

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 10:27:05 pm »
Couldn't pick any 1 song so some of my faves are:

Saxophone Song
Army Dreamers
Wedding List
Jig of life
Cloudbusting
Hello Earth

Amazing woman.

Offline rosie

• WSAS Founder Member
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss not base football player
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:56 am »

Genius and beautiful too.
no coward soul is mine

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »
This Womans work used on the NSPCC advert can bring a lump to the throat.

Army Deamers, absolute quality tune.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 02:03:56 pm »

Genius and beautiful too.

Very, and busty  ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 03:53:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6FdkeWNbBs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/W6FdkeWNbBs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;640&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W6FdkeWNbBs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/W6FdkeWNbBs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;640&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

Pheeny

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vl9OKddQBRg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/vl9OKddQBRg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vl9OKddQBRg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/vl9OKddQBRg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 05:17:05 pm »
Good choice Pheeny Dave helped produce her albums, Kick Inside is one of the stella albums for a female singer of all time, up there with Carol King's Tapestry!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 3, 2010, 11:27:23 pm »
Are you married? ;)

kate bush is her own category of music.....a genius plain and simple!
you should check out alex winston ......the new kate bush. she does the hyundai ad at the moment but her other stuff is boss mate!

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2011, 12:04:21 am »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jan/01/kate-bush-hero-david-mitchell?INTCMP=SRCH

the novelist not the one from the peep show!

Series: My heroPrevious | Index My hero: Kate Bush by David Mitchell'It's hard to think of a novelist, let alone another singer-songwriter, who takes on such diverse narrative viewpoints with Bush's aplomb'

Share   Comments (22) David Mitchell
The Guardian, Saturday 1 January 2011 Article history
Photograph: David Redfern/Redferns

Kate Bush transforms me into a deranged fan. I don't know where to begin to explain it: there's her Brontëesque precocity (how does a 13-year-old compose "The Man With the Child In His Eyes"?); her voice, or rather voices (swan-necked soprano, bass-deadpan, banshee wail, pure as snowmelt); or her firsts (first British solo woman to write and sing a No 1 single, to top the album charts and to enter the album charts at No 1). Of her six mature albums released between 1980 and 2005, four are near-masterpieces while two (1985's Hounds of Love and 2005's Aerial) are masterpieces.

Her musical vocabulary is vast: trance, Renaissance, reggae, flamenco, orchestration, percussive, Irish jigs, Bulgarian vocal, sampling, Fairlight synth-driven, didgeridoos and blackbirds are just the beginning. Yet where one grand piano is all that is needed (the sublime "A Coral Room"), that's what you get. And her lyrics! Her songs read like scenes from short stories, or the stories themselves (odd ones). It's hard to think of a novelist, let alone another singer-songwriter, who takes on such diverse narrative viewpoints with Bush's aplomb: a foetus during nuclear war ("Breathing"), a weather-machine inventor's daughter ("Cloudbusting"), a suicide bomber ("Pull Out the Pin") or a dancer whose partner turns out to be Hitler ("Heads We're Dancing").

In "Pi", Kate Bush sings to 137 decimal places, rapturously, yet her singular lyrics are anchored by her southern English diction: she writes as unpretentiously as she speaks. Not that she's often heard speaking: Bush hasn't toured since 1979, and enters into the PR media circus only when a new recording is out. Literary, intimate, ground-breaking, comic, sinister, idiosyncratic, pavonine, pastoral and bonkers, Kate Bush is a great English artist (with Irish blood). If I harbour an occasional pang that I didn't turn out to be her man with the child in his eyes, well, I wouldn't want her to be any different.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2011, 12:07:37 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGsLDIhOSc

Read this and relistened to  'A Coral Room' from the Aerial album, it is indeed stunning and sublime.

I look forward to her next album if it comes along, if it doesn't, she has given us enough to treasure her by.

Truly an artist, beautiful inside and out.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 12:09:47 am by Liver Bird »

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2011, 12:17:54 am »
She's awesome pure and simple ... I've always thought  "The Dreaming" is a very underated album ...  tracks like "Sat In Your Lap", "Suspended in Gafa" and "The Dreaming" ("bang goes another Kanga on the bonnet of me van"  always made me smile ..  the whole album is bonkers at times)   .. her debut album "the kick inside" and "hounds of love" would be my other favourites ... "Aerial" was a fantastic return album after all these years too .. her voice still sounds terrific

The Dreaming is a brilliant album, its totally 'out there' my fave song off that is 'get out of my house' any song that can end with a donkey sound at the end of it and still sound boss gets brownie points .......... 'hee haw' 'hee haw'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NXp7yVYAKc&feature=related

Experimentation at its best! so much going on in this song and album and it gets better on repeat listening!

Totally bonkers but love it

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2011, 01:37:35 am »
Kate Bush.
You are so lush.
But I wish you'd just.
Hush.

Now that my poor poetry of years ago is behind me, I'll bow down and say that 'Cloudbusting' is one of the greatest pop songs ever written (and who could argue?)....

Why is Disk 2 of Aerial so lovely compared to disk 1? 'An architects dream' is just beautiful....

with your bush
so hirsute and lush..

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 5, 2011, 09:54:53 am »
you should check out alex winston ......the new kate bush. she does the hyundai ad at the moment but her other stuff is boss mate!

She is certainly talented,looks a bit like her and is quirky but fuck me,the new Kate Bush??....extremely premature.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Jensen

• Butten
  • Anny Roader
  • Manc Type
« Reply #31 on: January 5, 2011, 10:29:03 am »
The Sensual World is just pure Romance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xnOhND2XHs&feature=fvst

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 08:16:51 pm »
She is certainly talented,looks a bit like her and is quirky but fuck me,the new Kate Bush??....extremely premature.

once again my friend you jump to the wrong conclusions, obviously im not in a position to call her the new kate bush....it was just what i heard which got me interested in her music!!!!! im off my box now........................

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »
Had the Hounds of Love cassette in the 80s,utterley superb.One side absolutely full of brilliant and commercial (thats not a criticisim just to highlight the following) songs and one side called The Ninth Wave which i remember reading at the time was about a woman drowning. Music to appeal to a mass and music to tell a story that a lot of people would miss.Used to lay in bed most nights listning to that. Kate Bush doesnt just make music for you to listen to she makes music to make you stop and listen to and very few do that.Cant think of another british singer male or female that comes close in terms of combining a mass appeal and pure originality,absolutely love her.
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »
Kate Bush set to release new music in 2011Singer 'likely' to issue follow-up to 2005's Aerial later this year, claims spokesperson

Share1417  Comments (63) Sean Michaels guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 18 January 2011 10.33 GMT Article history
New material for 2011 is 'likely' ... Kate Bush in 2005

After more than five years since her last album, Kate Bush will "likely" release new music in 2011. Following a rumour last week that the singer is finishing the follow-up to 2005's Aerial, her spokesperson confirmed a release – but not necessarily an album – is expected later this year.

Thirteen exclamation points opened the post by London blog Wotyougot, declaring that Bush "will be releasing a new album in 2011" through label EMI. Although bloggers declined to reveal who told them this, they said this week that it came from "phone conversation(s) [with] reliable source(s)". Wotyougot apparently see themselves as the Wikileaks of pop.

Still, blog rumours are just that – until a spokesperson returns your calls. NME received corroboration yesterday that "a release from [Bush] is likely for 2011", though "nothing is confirmed yet". Bush's rep also advised that it may not be a full-length release.

In 1978, Bush released her first two albums within nine months. Since then, her pace has gradually decelerated – over the last 20 years, the singer has made just two albums. Now 52, her last release was Lyra, a single recorded in 2007 for the soundtrack to The Golden Compass.

Get in!!!!!

Offline clacke

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:12 am »
Never thought I'd see this happen!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26679515

http://www.katebush.com/news/dawn

Kate Bush has announced she is to play a series of concert dates in the UK later this year.

An announcement on her official website said she will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September.

The title for the show is Before the Dawn and the first date will be 26 August.

The singer, whose hits include Wuthering Heights and Hounds of Love, last toured in 1979.

Tickets go on sale 09:30 GMT Friday, 28 March.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 10:28:20 am »
Ticket sale in my phone planner. Only shame is it means an expensive weekend in the London, it will be worth every penny though.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 11:42:05 am »
No thanks!

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 12:46:50 pm »
Wow - that came out of nowhere. Doubt I'll be able to go, but I was lucky enough to be at the first gig of her 1979 tour at the Empire.

Pheeny

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:33 pm »
No thanks!
and you thought the need to post that because?