Author Topic: Reds sign Joe Cole  (Read 200534 times)

Offline ScouseGirl

• culé
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JJoanneuk is a ScouseGirl
Re: Reds sign Joe Cole
« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37:21 pm »
Just wanted to add......................Hello Joe Cole  :-* :-* :-*

always like it when the player is easy on ones eye  :lickin :lickin :lickin
R.I.P Ray Osbourne AKA Shanklyboy, A Man I have never met but will remember in my prayers.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37:46 pm »
Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't think he's that good a player and I'm certainly concerned by the particularly bad knee injury he had.  I also think he's been massively overhyped this summer, simply by not playing in most of the England games where they were absolute shit his stock has risen by default.

Like I say, hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think he'll be anywhere as influential in our play as it seems a lot are making out.

Putting all the obvious issues aside for a moment, this is great news because Cole is infinitely better than Babel.  He may not be quick, but he'll retain the ball and he can slip a through ball between defenders, and that's Nando's currency.
Just not sure how Hodgson will balance Babel, Jovanovic, Cole, Kuyt, Gerrard and Riera.  And really I should be mentioning Pacheco in that list as well. 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »
But we're doomed? We're a sinking ship? We have no money?  Well I guess the firesale begins now. .....

People are dumb....
?

Some are smart and not gullible :-*

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »
We don't seem to have any money since we've sold two players for around £8M and have brought in a player for £1.5M and two free transfers.

actually since january we have sold around £16m of players(voronin, dossena, Mihaylov, buchtmann, san jose, yossi) and released a few others - all these sales have been freeing up the wage budget

and signed 3 free transfers(joe cole, jovanovic and maxi) and jonjo for £1.5m

but no one is selling players to make interest payments
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:42:22 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2010, 03:40:03 pm »
Very promising imo, stevie will like this.

IMHO, Cole has signed AFTER getting confirmation from Stevie that he will be staying (and Prolly Nando too).

But I may be wrong.  He may be Stevie's direct replacement.

Let's hope it's the first scenario.

(I bet there have been a few txts sent between Cole, Stevie and Nando very recently!!!!!

Welcome to England's most successful club, Joe.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline red4life69

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2010, 03:40:27 pm »
wow - blown away by the news - great player and he plays with agression and he actually looks up and "passes" the ball. Should fit very nicely with stevie G and Maxi...

Welcome Joe..We will have your standards corrupted and your Save LFC Tshirt ready for your son !!

Massive thanks to Jules and Kit - T shirt came last week and have not stop wearing it. Played a gig to 2000 people on Saturday and wore it there too...I think some reds might be ordering some more from you this week i told them where to get them from. !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
YNWA
RED4LIFE

Built By Shanks, Broke by Yanks, Pay Your Money to the Banks
RIP LFC 2010
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: July 19, 2010, 03:40:30 pm »
Hello joe what's it like not bein a rentboy now?,hope you have a good time with us and win loads of stuff :wave
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Offline lazzathered

• Anny Roader
« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »
And really I should be mentioning Pacheco in that list as well.

I'm VERY happy about this signing, but am slightly concerned about Pacheco's development as well. Hope he doesn't get flogged for peanuts while we're so excited and looking the other way

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2010, 03:41:03 pm »
Great signing.  Best free agent on the Market and we got him.  Lets not moan about this lads.  be happy for one day this year !

Ed Zachary :)

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »
Joe Cole is not a left sided player. He will not have signed for us over other very good offers in order to be stuck out on the left. Joe cole has to play just off the CF.

Sorry that was in response to Alan Kennedy on Sky saying we have needed a left sided player, and Joe Cole is the answer. He is also now saying that Gerrard and Torres arent going anywhere, so fuck knows what to think now. Having said that he is on the piss in Denmark so i'll forgive him for speaking shit.

Offline neilfc6

• Main Stander
« Reply #450 on: July 19, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »
FUCKING  GET IN!!!!! best bit of news in ages, lets hope this is the first of many ;D
jog on losers

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:10 pm »
Exciting news this. First bit of positive news in ages.

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #452 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:46 pm »
Clearly i blame Purslow and Broughton, the chelsea supporter and spy, for this.

So, will Cole pickup #7?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »
Absolutely delighted...it's more to do with the intent that it shows, it's been a long time since we have managed to sign someone who is really well known in England(in the attacking positions), just get a decent left-back and a monster of a mid-field marshal who will control the tempo, an I tell you we are set :)
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »
Not sure how i feel about this. His injury record is a a big concern, and we're probably after blowing our whole Summer budget on him. That and i don't particularly rate him that highly anyway.

Offline Jonno83

• Kopite
« Reply #455 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:13 pm »
Fantastic buy, seems good business now to get rid of Yossi, get a fee and bring in a player a couple of years younger who is english. Maybe things are looking slightly brighter on the pitch....
We will rise again...

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #456 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:18 pm »
----------------------Reina----------------------

Johnson---Carra----------Skrtel------Agger

-------------Aqua---------Lucas---------------

Cole--------------Gerrard---------------Jova

---------------------Torres---------------------

Assuming we sell Mascherano and keep everyone else, this is our best team in my opinion

Hopefully we'll sign at least one new left back but I can't see great improvement on that team, given all our signings have been either under £2m or free.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline kk65

• Kemlynite
  • Liverpool lives in me
« Reply #457 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:27 pm »
Another Rent Boy at the club...my oh my.....
KK

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:34 pm »
Good signing, hopefully with the new medicos we can keep him fit and see him out on the park as much as possible.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:57 pm »
I mentioned in a JC thread ages ago, he'll come to Liverpool. One of the reasons is that he wants to play for England. If we are to believe Fabio, he has to be playing constantly. England means JC is going to be all out to keep himself fit and shine. Yes we're not in CL, but that doesn't mean we won't be in 2011/12, which I think we will. He's established in the team, got his England place back, hopefully the club would of been sold by then, and hali fucking eula he finishes his career winning the league and possibly the CL.

Next we need a LB of some quality with masch money - which is dragging on for too long and hopefully Remy.

Keep up the pressure - YANKS OUT!!!
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:49 pm »
Sorry that was in response to Alan Kennedy on Sky saying we have needed a left sided player, and Joe Cole is the answer. He is also now saying that Gerrard and Torres arent going anywhere, so fuck knows what to think now. Having said that he is on the piss in Denmark so i'll forgive him for speaking shit.

just getting over excited over a good piece of news als doesn't want to be all gloom and doom on national tv

you have to remember the saying 'one swallow doesn't make a summer'
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Mr Q

• Main Stander
« Reply #461 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »
Very good signing if he can keep fit. Hopefully this makes Gerrard stay.

Hopefully nobody starts to hail Purslow as a saviour though, he is still the devil and unless he does what he is meant to do, I can never praise him.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #462 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:49 pm »
hugely important not to lose sight of this... 

Quote from: LFCfan4Life on Today at 15:39:42
actually since january we have sold around £16m of players(voronin, dossena, Mihaylov, buchtmann, san jose, yossi) and released a few others - all these sales have been freeing up the wage budget

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #463 on: July 19, 2010, 03:46:55 pm »
Maybe 3 free signings in out starting eleven next year?

Think we have got three good footballers for very little initial outlay!

Hope we can pring in a bit of pace and power to compliment the side.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: July 19, 2010, 03:47:19 pm »
So, will Cole pickup #7?

with his injury record i hope not

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Teigen

• RAWK doesn't post stuff from NOTW.
  • Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »
Welcome Joe. Hopefully Brukner can keep him fit the most of the season.

Great signing!

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2010, 03:48:00 pm »
Nice bit of business. Welcome Joe.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »
hugely important not to lose sight of this... 

Quote from: LFCfan4Life on Today at 15:39:42

Yes it is important but if you look at it the other way re have replaced players with better players. Albiet for free.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline myrlas