Author Topic: PURSLOW... HE'S CORNERED - NOW THE BLITZ, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!  (Read 50046 times)

Offline tbeavan

• This is where my custom title should go...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Rafa we trust(ed), in Roy we never did!
Re: PURSLOW... HE'S CORNERED - NOW THE BLITZ, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2010, 12:59:02 pm »
Done - very simple - there's no excuses for people not to copy and paste the addresses and the questions and then write 1 paragraph saying their own thoughts...

FS, I salute you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gillett and Hicks (and Hodgson) - were not welcome here, there or anywhere  associated with Liverpool Football Club...

FSG, Kenny and Clarke are bringing the good times back - patience...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »
I doubt it will happen but our hatred of certain board members being aired tonight at the game would be good

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:53 pm »
Re-sent them again. Have a read of the Insua to Fiorentina thread if you want yet another reason to despise this little snidey shit.

Respect FS.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2010, 02:02:00 pm »
Done.

First post on RAWK

I sent this (with questions attached):

To whom it may concern

I have sent this email to you in the hope that you can help me and all Liverpool FC fans gain some answers from the people who currently run our club.

You have received this email as a  last resort and in the hope that someone (anyone, please) can help apply pressure to Mr Puslow to answer the questions that concern the fans of Liverpool football club.

The questions to Mr Purslow concern his conduct in managing recent key events at the club (eg transfers) and his strategy for the future.  In most clubs these are reasonable questions that the club would be happy to answer, the fans and club sharing a common view and all working toward that shared vision.

In these sad times for Liverpool FC we have  resorted to seeking your assistance to have these questions answered as those in power at Liverpool FC no longer see fit to inform the fans of their vision for the future.

Mr Purslow has been asked these questions on numerous occasions and refused to comment. Mr Purslow has refused, on numerous occasions,  meetings to discuss these questions. Mr Purslow continues refuse to meet any members of Liverpool supporters groups.

PLEASE HELP.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »
PLEASE HELP.

That's a great first post mate ;)

I have sent an email to all the of the recipients. Hope I get some answer back not just whinging about clogging up their systems.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2010, 02:09:31 pm »
Done - copy of letter which may assist others below:

Hi,

Please find attached an open letter to Christian Purslow of Liverpool Football club containing a number of questions which we as fans would like the answer to. As a ‘temporary’ executive charged with the task of securing investment into the club – a global brand and one of the best supported and widely recognised brands in the World – Christian has not only singularly failed to secure this funding, but has seemingly settled into what appears to be the role of Chief Executive. Due to the widely reported troubles at the club I feel compelled to request an urgent response to the questions below.

I would be most grateful if you could assist in any way to secure answers to these questions by your own public channels as any requests made of Christian from fans are systematically and comprehensively ignored while matters continue to worsen at the club I know and love and have supported for over 30 years. This, despite the fact that all the questions stated below are all reasonable, politely constructed, within suitable areas any stakeholder in an organisation would like answers to, and more importantly well within the remit of Christian to answer – should he wish to do so.

If you could utilise your media presence in order to help us as fans and stakeholders to obtain answers - those actions would be most gratefully received and remembered by the fans of Liverpool Football Club.

Thanks in advance of your anticipated co-operation and efforts.

Kind Regards

Jag Gill

Mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Open Letter copied into mail after this.
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »
Afternoon all,

Gonna try and send another message to one of more famous or shall I say infamous supporters this afternoon
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »
Done - very simple - there's no excuses for people not to copy and paste the addresses and the questions and then write 1 paragraph saying their own thoughts...

FS, I salute you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy isn't it, just a few minutes and it's done, the big plus is that you're doing something to help our club
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »
Well done lads especially fats for rallying the troops fair play.

A little time out of your day could do a lot of work.

Its a shame there`s more out there who don`t give a monkeys.Anyway we`ll keep fighting.We`ll have Cecil packing his bags before we`re done.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline BigTiredGrowlSnarl

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Sniffing the grass since 1989!
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2010, 03:53:35 pm »
I got this reply late last night, im not actually sure who or where this one is from but its encouraging all the same:

--------------------------------------------------

Hi, Mark. Thanks for your email. I agree with everything you've said.  I don't think I've ever felt as removed from football and Liverpool FC as I do now.

I'm on holiday for the next week, but when I get back I'll look to sort something out.

All the best mate.

Ben.

I think thats Ben Thornley at the daily post, got the same kinda message!
Its the Liverpool way and its the only way!

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:29 pm »
The point that the idiot that whined about the emails has missed is that if the media were doing their job properly then THEY would be coming out with these kind of questions themselves.

Good point. Depressingly true and obvious. What's the point of 'free media' if 90% of them are on 'go slow'. And by saying go slow, I emphasize the 'slow' bit of it.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2010, 05:17:39 pm »
I think thats Ben Thornley at the daily post, got the same kinda message!

Yea thats the one, just threw me because his repsponse came from a different email so I wasnt sure who it was.

At least we might have someone onside.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2010, 06:53:56 pm »
This thread needs to be bumped after Insua's impending exit at the hands of Purslow.

Offline redraga

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »
Done and kudos to FS. We're lucky to have fans like you supporting our beloved Reds! And might I add that is one acerbic letter, well done sir!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:16 pm »
Just in from work, so haven't looked at the Insua thing. Just wanted to say this...
We've already had a result. Can't say what just yet, but I will at the very instant I can. Just bear with me on that. I'm not acting the goat. You can stand on that.

And please, please, please.... When you send these make sure to say this is not an SOS initiative or campaign.

The union has to work with the press/media and, what with the media being such twats concerning LFC, they have a hard enough time getting them onside anyway.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »
This thread needs to be bumped after Insua's impending exit at the hands of Purslow.

Rafa decided to sell him it's all Rafa's fault.... oh, and we'll need the money from the transfer to pay the Gardner, window cleaner and tea lady sorry Roy, you can have the money from the next sale.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2010, 07:34:06 pm »
Rafa decided to sell him it's all Rafa's fault.... oh, and we'll need the money from the transfer to pay the Gardner,

Ricardo?  ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2010, 07:36:00 pm »
Where's this news about Purslow and Insua?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »
Where's this news about Purslow and Insua?

Hodgsons just said on sky sports " if you want to know anything about transfers, you need to speak to Purslow I'm only here to coach the team" sound familiar.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2010, 07:38:58 pm »
Looking forward to the Arsenal game Purslow, you snide little c*nt?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2010, 07:44:51 pm »

Hodgsons just said on sky sports " if you want to know anything about transfers, you need to speak to Purslow I'm only here to coach the team" sound familiar.
Oh no. Please tell me you're acting the goat.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »
Done. After this Insua soap opera, I think i will mail/phone/write him again again again again again, that kunt.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2010, 07:47:44 pm »

I think the penny has dropped with Roy now. He knows now what a snidey backstabbing leveraged buyout saville row suited c*nt he now has to deal with.

The c*nt has got to go, and go quick.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »
I'm not acting the goat.

Please tell me you're acting the goat.

Let me guess what you're eating tonight.....

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2010, 07:53:02 pm »
I think the penny has dropped with Roy now. He knows now what a snidey backstabbing leveraged buyout saville row suited c*nt he now has to deal with.

The c*nt has got to go, and go quick.

It'd be worrying that Roy didn't know before hand?

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2010, 07:56:48 pm »

Is Hodgson fighting his corner already?
Posted on July 17th, 2010 by Jim Boardman
Roy Hodgson will take charge of his first game as Liverpool manager tonight and finally there’ll be something other than his CV to judge him on.

Except judging him on the performance of a team made up mainly of reserves and youngsters against the champions of Saudi Arabia, in pre-season, is obviously unfair. If it was the whole of the first team squad in action it would still just be a practice match that had more to do with getting players to fitness than trying out new tactics. It wasn’t set up on the basis of finding the right kind of opposition at the right time for the squad to get into the swing of pre-season. It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to work out some of the reasons why “the Club” might want a bit of exposure in Saudi Arabia.

The Club seem more determined than ever to paint over the cracks in order to present a picture of harmony and professionalism that is most certainly still not there at the club. It must be stressed that this is not the fault of Hodgson; there is absolutely nothing to suggest he’ll be anything less than professional in his role as “manager” of the Reds. He’s determined to do his best with whatever resources and control he’s given and that is how he must be judged.

What might prove difficult is working out exactly what those resources are. We know the club have lied and misled us in the past and absolutely nothing has changed at the club to make that any less likely to happen again. Roy’s willingness to work with whatever he is given undoubtedly did him no harm when being considered for the job, but were the club also hoping he’d “keep ‘mum’” about anything that they might prefer to be kept quiet?

Well maybe that’s where it starts to get interesting. It’s early days yet but already there are signs of Roy standing up to those above him in the Club’s hierarchy. There are signs he is making sure he’ll not be the puppet or patsy that so many people predicted he would be. And if that is what he’s doing, he’s also doing it without fuss.
Yesterday he was asked about the futures of the club’s most financially valuable players. He dropped a hint that Gerrard may have already been spoken to about a possible move away: “Clubs can get into players’ ears and make promises. It destabilises the club and the players and we can’t do anything about it.” Roy certainly wasn’t born yesterday and knows how agents and club boardrooms operate. He’ll have seen quotes made earlier in the week by someone working for Real Madrid suggesting that Liverpool had named their price – albeit a high one – for Gerrard. Rather than an emphatic “no”, it suggests Real (or any other club looking at the player) have been given a starting point for the negotiations. If such discussions have taken place, nobody at Anfield has told the manager: “What we haven’t had is a club wanting to buy Steven Gerrard,” said Hodgson.

He also said he didn’t want to sell Torres, but then he also made sure the press were aware that it wasn’t him who’d had the final word with the World Cup winner: “Christian Purslow was also at the meeting and chatted to Fernando for a lot longer after I left but my chat with him was only about football matters.” What was the MD’s chat about? Torres has a long and lucrative contract that doesn’t need to be extended, so it certainly wasn’t that and Martin Broughton is the board member dealing with the sale process being run by Barclays Capital.

A week before Hodgson was officially announced as the new manager the MD spoke to the Italian media, in what fans who took his words at face value thought was an assurance the board wouldn’t instigate any transfer deals in the absence of a manager: “At this moment the only objective of the club is to find a new coach and then to evaluate the whole roster of players with him. I cannot confirm the interest of Fiorentina for Insua, even if in Italy he is highly regarded, for example at Lazio who often came to see him in person last season. I don’t think the player wants to leave Liverpool. When and where he’ll do this request, regardless of the difficulties of the club, we’ll talk.”

Yet any hopes of the club avoiding starting any transfer business when still without a manager were dashed when the new manager spoke to Italian media himself last week. Hodgson said a deal to sell Insua to Fiorentina was already in progress before he arrived: “I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level. However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don’t know how advanced they are. I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I’ll have to discuss that with the club.”

And whatever Hodgson wanted, it now seems certain that Insua has played his last game for the club. A €5m bid is believed to have been accepted and the young left-back is not in the side for tonight’s friendly.

It isn’t just outgoing players that Hodgson is distancing himself from. Strong speculation that Nice striker Loic Remy was due to become the club’s latest signing was played down by Hodgson, who made it clear if it happened it would be nothing to do with him: “He’s a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came. He’s a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to.”

Remy himself seems to think there is strong interest from the club: “Liverpool is a legendary club. I am very excited by the thought of playing there. It has a magnificent stadium and a fantastic public.” Reports even go into details of how the potential fee might be paid – the total fee of £12.5m would be paid in instalments, the majority upfront with £5m of it to be paid later. This wouldn’t be the first rumour about potential transfer targets that proved to be unfounded; clubs and agents often link players with other clubs to help their own cause. But what will be interesting is how the club explain it all away should the transfer actually go through.

When Yossi Benayoun’s departure to Chelsea was officially confirmed a club spokesman issued a statement suggesting the deal was done before the previous manager had been sacked: “Yossi’s departure was agreed between the player and Rafael Benitez a number of weeks ago. Everybody at Liverpool FC wishes him well for the future.” There is little doubt that the club were still in a position to cancel the deal in the weeks between that earlier agreement and the deal actually going through over a month after the old manager’s departure. Was that option ever given to Hodgson?

But it’s not just the suggestions that the club have been instigating transfer talks without his input and before his arrival, he also couldn’t make his displeasure any clearer about tonight’s opening pre-season fixture: “I don’t know if I am looking forward to it because I would have liked my first game as Liverpool manager to have been in charge of what people would regard as a Liverpool team. There will be a lot of players playing tonight who are being thrust into first team action far, far too early. The average age of the team is about 20 and we’re playing the champions of Saudi Arabia, a team that does well in the AFC Champions League.”

“When choosing the level of opposition you should really choose a level which is suitable for the sort of team that you can put out. We don’t have enough senior first team players here to put out that type of team, and also it has come fairly early in our preparations.” After a season that was plagued by injury amongst all the other problems, the last thing Liverpool need this season is more of the same, but Hodgson suggests this match poses exactly that kind of risk: “We are working very hard physically and I have to be careful that in these games we don’t lose players before the start of the season.”

Maybe we’ve spent too long reading between the lines of the last manager’s comments, but if we are suspicious then it’s little surprise given the dishonesty the current hierarchy have displayed to each other, let alone to staff and supporters, during their acrimonious reign. Until the club is sold and certain board members depart that suspicion will always remain
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »
It'd be worrying that Roy didn't know before hand?

If he didnt know beforehand hes surely got to resign?

Edit: What I was meaning to say was if he was guarenteed players wouldnt be sold without his say so and they are now being sold behind his back, hes got to resign in that scenario?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:58:42 pm by callanlfc5times »
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: July 17, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »
Let me guess what you're eating tonight.....
You haven't got the time.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #348 on: July 17, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »
Just in from work, so haven't looked at the Insua thing. Just wanted to say this...
We've already had a result. Can't say what just yet, but I will at the very instant I can. Just bear with me on that. I'm not acting the goat. You can stand on that.

I dont like it when you just flash us a nipple, i want to see them in all thier glory.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 17, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »
So, Ancellotti has ruled out a move for Torres... ask me, and I'd say that's him gone an all then.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2010, 08:02:05 pm »
I dont like it when you just flash us a nipple, i want to see them in all thier glory.
Oh dear, I'm off

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:09 pm »
Seems like he's completely unchallenged in his rule of our club now :'(

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:22 pm »

Have no idea what it is, obviously, but hope to fuck it brings a smile to my face (I'm disappointed I missed seeing your nipple). The news regarding Insua has depressed me even further for so many reasons.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »
Oh dear, I'm off

To cap it off FS, L6 Red said that Insua was in the dressing room and the starting XI just before tonight's game.

A clear indication who's doing the business I guess.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2010, 08:09:31 pm »
To cap it off FS, L6 Red said that Insua was in the dressing room and the starting XI just before tonight's game.

A clear indication who's doing the business I guess.

Looks like the asset strip is really getting going.....

Offline wideawakewesley

• Kopite
  • We all bleed red, so take the hint!
    • Weekly Geekly
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2010, 08:15:57 pm »
Mail sent, hope it works.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »
I've kept my mouth shut a while at the forums. Been a long time lurker, but I've been sending off all of FS aand Royhendo's stuff. I'd personally like to thank the both of you, especially FS, as you have done a cracking job of getting at these leaches.

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »
Sent this mail yesterday.  No reply whatsoever yet!
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2010, 09:00:18 pm »
Sent this mail yesterday.  No reply whatsoever yet!

Don't worry about that. The important thing is to send it.

Offline Mr Q

• Main Stander
« Reply #359 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »
sent.