Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 627294 times)

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Struggling with depression.
« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »
You're not wrong mate .The support of frin=ends and family is absolutely crucial to anyone who suffers .

I've been fanastically lucky to be married to a fantastic lady . Don't think many would have stuck with me through the darkest times.

Werd. No way would I be able to do this alone. My fella keeps telling me how well I'm doing etc. and it helps more than I'd like to think. :)
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #521 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:48 pm »
So after cutting off my meds last night I got those 'electric brain shocks' I've read about. Kind of an odd and unpleasant sensation but they've not started up again today so they might have passed and been very brief which is cool. I've read about people getting them for months afterwards which I was mulling over at the time, it would suck but I'd still carry on. I feel fine mood wise which is the most important thing to me. I'm even all smiley today. :)
Had them before - not nice. My GP has just upped my Mirtazapine and now after a couple of weeks on the higher dose I am starting to get something like them again (which is weird as they usually come when you reduce and not increase as far as I know) and it is not nice. I don't know if its because I am not getting enough sleep. I get a sort of weird spaced out tingle and feel dizzy and giddy. Laying down helps but I can't spend all day laying down....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #522 on: May 19, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »
if anyone needs some cheap meds or anything just send me a pm.rock bottom prices.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #523 on: May 19, 2011, 03:02:32 pm »
if anyone needs some cheap meds or anything just send me a pm.rock bottom prices.

uhhhh is that wise mate?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2011, 03:10:11 pm »

WTF??!!!

Anyways I get mine free!!!!!
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2011, 03:20:48 pm »

Are you the one who keeps sending emails to my hotmail account? Have you got any cheap watches or Playstation games?
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2011, 03:39:58 pm »
i didnt win the spanish lotto or get some dead nigerians will by any chance aswell?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »

:lmao

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2011, 03:45:11 pm »
i didnt win the spanish lotto or get some dead nigerians will by any chance aswell?

Nah, I think he lives in Thailand / Bangkok, you can get generic meds at cheap prices there. Actually think it was a genuine offer to help.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »

"psst hey you, yeah you..."

Offline Enemy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »
Had them before - not nice. My GP has just upped my Mirtazapine and now after a couple of weeks on the higher dose I am starting to get something like them again (which is weird as they usually come when you reduce and not increase as far as I know) and it is not nice. I don't know if its because I am not getting enough sleep. I get a sort of weird spaced out tingle and feel dizzy and giddy. Laying down helps but I can't spend all day laying down....

Fuck it. The way I see it some people out there pay to feel like this. :lmao
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:04 pm »
Yeah, not the sort of response I was going for ;) ;D
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #532 on: May 19, 2011, 04:29:41 pm »

:D

@gerrardspetal - twitter

• Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #533 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »
Nah, I think he lives in Thailand / Bangkok, you can get generic meds at cheap prices there. Actually think it was a genuine offer to help.

Hi mate.Yes it was genuine.I didnt mean to upset anyone.One of the mods sent me a message i think he is a bit pissed off.
I live in pattaya and bangkok and a girl i know works in one of the pharmacies.
And i know another girl in the post office who can send shit for me to other countries for free.
And the meds i can get hold of for free to so i wouldnt charge anything.
I wish i didnt say anything now.
Apologies.
Goodnight

• Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #534 on: May 19, 2011, 06:30:23 pm »
Are you the one who keeps sending emails to my hotmail account? Have you got any cheap watches or Playstation games?
I best not reply to that mate.The moderator might kill me  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #535 on: May 19, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »
I wouldn't say "pissed off", just concerned that someone would make the suggestion that prescription medication can be obtained from a source that might not be verifiable.

Personally I would advise anyone against the practice of ordering medication for mental health conditions (or any health condition for that matter) from anyone other than their GP or approved medical health practitioner.

What the good folk of RAWK choose to do with what turns out to be a genuine offer of assistance is up to them but I would advise against it and would also advise against any further promotion of the availability of medication through non-UK-based-health-practitioner sources.

Nothing personal, Dolenz, just adhering to best practice.

Anyone suffering from depression should seek help from qualified people in a proper consultation and not self-medicate no matter how attractive the prices might be.

• Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #536 on: May 19, 2011, 06:43:17 pm »
I wouldn't say "pissed off", just concerned that someone would make the suggestion that prescription medication can be obtained from a source that might not be verifiable.

Personally I would advise anyone against the practice of ordering medication for mental health conditions (or any health condition for that matter) from anyone other than their GP or approved medical health practitioner.

What the good folk of RAWK choose to do with what turns out to be a genuine offer of assistance is up to them but I would advise against it and would also advise against any further promotion of the availability of medication through non-UK-based-health-practitioner sources.

Nothing personal, Dolenz, just adhering to best practice.

Anyone suffering from depression should seek help from qualified people in a proper consultation and not self-medicate no matter how attractive the prices might be.

I agree with you mate.Me personally dont take anything or use any type of meds that are easilly available here at very cheap prices.I remember a guy who was suffering from depression and he came to pattaya/thailand and was given some happy pills from the thai doctor..i dont know what the name of them were but anyway he ended up being to happy for his own good..and he wouldnt worry about anything..anyway he met a girl bought her a house a car a motorbike and put it all in her name..well she finished with him not he has nothing..he blames the meds.
I told him he would of been better of staying depressed..i think whatever the doc gave him was to strong.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: May 19, 2011, 06:45:18 pm »
I agree with you mate.Me personally dont take anything or use any type of meds that are easilly available here at very cheap prices.I remember a guy who was suffering from depression and he came to pattaya/thailand and was given some happy pills from the thai doctor..i dont know what the name of them were but anyway he ended up being to happy for his own good..and he wouldnt worry about anything..anyway he met a girl bought her a house a car a motorbike and put it all in her name..well she finished with him not he has nothing..he blames the meds.
I told him he would of been better of staying depressed..i think whatever the doc gave him was to strong.

I'd love to find out what these 'happy pills' were ;) and I don't think there's such thing as being too happy for your own good

• Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #538 on: May 19, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »
I'd love to find out what these 'happy pills' were ;) and I don't think there's such thing as being too happy for your own good

It wasnt a normall type of happy though mate..the meds made him careless also..and so happy that he didnt worry about anything.
I will try to find out the name of them.
Me myself sometimes have bad days..i dunno does that meen depressed or not..but normally i am very happy and friendly
maybe we are to quick to sometimes say
oh hes depressed he should be on meds
just quick fix solutions ?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »
maybe we are to quick to sometimes say
oh hes depressed he should be on meds
just quick fix solutions ?
Medication has its role as a mood stabiliser and/or an SSRI etc but Best Practice dictates that medication should be used in conjunction with proper therapy. There is a theory that says medication loses its effectiveness after 6 months anyway.

Sometimes medical practitioners will start someone off on meds in order to stabilise the situation before commencing therapy, since it's possible that the person cannot be reached until the medication starts to take effect.

Anyway, I'm sure all this has been said before - just wanted to point out that if there was a pill to cure depression, well, we'd all know about it ;)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #540 on: May 20, 2011, 07:21:00 am »
I had a really awesome dream last night, and I woke up and got brought back to the shit reality that is my life at the moment. I hate it when that happens.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2011, 09:30:11 am »
has anyone used xanax actually? is it dangerous? i used it for a while last year going through some family shit.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #542 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:44 am »
has anyone used xanax actually? is it dangerous? i used it for a while last year going through some family shit.

I haven't taken Xanax myself, but I know a girl who did and she said it was like heavy duty skunk - just walked round with a vacant smile on her face. It really didn't agree with her - rashes, sickness and headaches - but when she tried to come off it, she found it really difficult. It is very addictive according to her, and Dr Google. It is good for panic type of feelings apparently though; she said it sorted that out but maybe a bit too much. I take Temazepam to help me sleep when I can't switch my brain off, and they are both benzo's, so maybe they are similar? Not sure to be honest, but Benzodiazepines are easy to get hooked on so you have to be careful.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2011, 11:38:07 am »

Every now and again is fine. I take it occasionally going on long flights. Like Davvo7 says, it's addictive and I've heard overuse can permanently alter your brain.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: May 20, 2011, 11:59:52 am »
Really struggling these past 2 days....can't even explain what or why it started but I felt a sudden wave of blackness wash over me and I have been struggling with it since....can't smile, can barely speak to my kids or missus - she wants to know what the hell is going on but I can't explain......

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: May 20, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »
thanks for info folks

i think i only used it for 3 days.

Offline Enemy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:37 pm »
Really struggling these past 2 days....can't even explain what or why it started but I felt a sudden wave of blackness wash over me and I have been struggling with it since....can't smile, can barely speak to my kids or missus - she wants to know what the hell is going on but I can't explain......

:( We're all here for you mate. It's much easier to type than verbally express yourself. I know what you're on about with the blackness, the only thing that pulls me out is my fella noticing and making me distract myself. You've gotta push through mate and make yourself do things, go home and make yourself do the washing up, do some laundry, anything. Forcing a normal routine helps make you not get worse. You can get through it.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »
:( We're all here for you mate. It's much easier to type than verbally express yourself. I know what you're on about with the blackness, the only thing that pulls me out is my fella noticing and making me distract myself. You've gotta push through mate and make yourself do things, go home and make yourself do the washing up, do some laundry, anything. Forcing a normal routine helps make you not get worse. You can get through it.
I don't have a normal routine because of my illness. Being in constant pain does that to you.....I will get through somehow, I always do....

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #548 on: May 20, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »
Aww Jason :(

Hope you pull yourself out of it soon x

Mind you have been having the odd day myself where I don't want to talk to anyone.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #549 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »
Post birthday blues?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »
@Rhi don't worry , a lot of people feel like this for no apparent reason, it just comes on and the best thing to do is get it out.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: May 20, 2011, 05:50:13 pm »
This calls for something more than a punching bag...

There you go, Rhi. Be well.

Offline mikeinsheffield88

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #552 on: May 20, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon.

:( We're all here for you mate. It's much easier to type than verbally express yourself....

Seconded

• Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #553 on: May 20, 2011, 06:09:46 pm »
keep your head up guys.You just gotta keep on going

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: May 20, 2011, 07:03:29 pm »
Thanks, all.

Apologies for previous bollocks. I'm not going to elaborate. Gonna go curl up in bed for a few hours. I need my head kicking in sometimes.

Tears. Sleep. A cuppa. And a movie. I'll be OK later. x

Really don't beat yourself up about it. Reactions to situations and thoughts and whatever can lead to being sad or depressed. Just imagining a bad situation can lead to depression and feelings of inadequacy. So really it's all very natural.

As you said have a lie down get a bit of sleep have a cry , it'll come right.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: May 22, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »

only just seen this mate, hear to talk if you want to pm, you have been there enough times for me. Should come into this thread more often.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #556 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »
Haven't had a chance to read through 15 pages but two/three recommendations:

1. Buy the book "Feeling Good" by David Burns from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good-New-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336 It's a fantastic book for anyone suffering from depression. Remember that you are unwell, and that when you are unwell you will see things in a more hopeless light.

2. Please, please, please do try and get some professional help. Speak to your GP, and ask for a referral. Many NHS Trusts have departments have provide out patient services (though the wasting list take a while). But do try and take some steps even if they are small ones.

3. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Depression is hard enough and worse when you haven't had a good nights sleep. Alot of chemists will do herbal sleeping pills.

4. Make sure you have eating sufficient protein eg. tuna, chicken etc. Protein contains tryptophan which your bodies needs to make serotonin which is one of the neurotransmitters in the brain.

5. Be kind to yourself.

6. Try and find some activities that allow you focus on the here and now, and stop you from ruminating. It could be a simple as re-arranging the tins in the kitchen cupboard, or going for job/run.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:51:06 pm by Elysian Fields »

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: May 22, 2011, 09:24:04 pm »
only just seen this mate, hear to talk if you want to pm, you have been there enough times for me. Should come into this thread more often.
Can't talk or type to be honest as I don't even know what to say.....my GP doubled the dose of one of my meds and now it is kicking in but it seems to be doing the opposite of what it is supposed to be doing so I am considering dropping the dose back down.
Will still be here for you though mate.....

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #558 on: May 22, 2011, 09:30:56 pm »
I don't want to talk about my experiences much (3 attempts, first when I was 11) but one thing I've learned that talking to someone is the best thing I ever did.  It started with actually talking about it in an online forum and while I was surprised but happy with the support and advice I got, what surprised me the most is just how many people have suffered with it too, I'd guess at a lot more than official statistics would say.  Talking it through bit by bit helped so much, and while it comes and goes I have a slightly better grasp on how to handle things than I previously did.  In the end I sought counselling (which took ages to come through, a real negative of the NHS is its evaluation of mental health problems) and it was probably the best thing I could have done.  To a point I got more confidence through it too.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my name in the hat in that people suffering from it aren't alone one bit.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: May 22, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
Anyway, I just wanted to throw my name in the hat in that people suffering from it aren't alone one bit.
Nice one mate, I'm sure people on here will appreciate it. Enjoy your time on the forum mate, it can ease your pain.