Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 215157 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ***LIVE CAMPAIGN THREAD*** - Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2010, 03:17:54 pm »
Thinking of trying to get the DVD campaign started in the next few days, but I have a couple of ideas which I need feedback on first:

1. We have the front cover, kitster's brilliant Horror at Anfield image. Do you think we need a back cover, or should we just go with the front one? I did attempt to make a back cover just stating some of the facts with a "help save your club, go to www. ....." message, but, well, it looked poor compared to the front cover so it wasn't worth compromising the design.

2. What do people think to the idea of maybe having a series of made-up DVDs if this first one proves a popular campaign? One idea I had was simply "DEBT: A documentary about Liverpool FC", but I'm sure there's better than that. Maybe we can come up with some humourous titles based on existing films?

Paul, I can just about take a photie with my phone, but I'm sure our genius Kitster or someone else could do something with these, photoshop the gobshites onto them and change the text -

Gillett We Hate Yer -   with Anfield in flames behind him

Pirates Of the Kemlyn Road - Curse Of The Texan Liar$

Cash For Wankers

Debt Lies And Anfield Rape

Hicks and Gillett's The Sound Of Money  One of them twirling with two swag bags with dollar signs and LFC on them.

Robbers Without A Cause (Or A Carrot Or a Clue)

L6 Confidence Trick

fuck me, I could be here all day. Hope someone likes any of these ideas and can do something with them.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

royhendo

« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:29 pm »
Paul, I can just about take a photie with my phone, but I'm sure our genius Kitster or someone else could do something with these, photoshop the gobshites onto them and change the text -

Cash For Wankers

Hicks and Gillett's The Sound Of Money  One of them twirling with two swag bags with dollar signs and LFC on them.

L6 Confidence Trick

fuck me, I could be here all day. Hope someone likes any of these ideas and can do something with them.

When you were off with your wanker's cramp, I remember posting on here "we need Macca". And this is why. :wellin

You provide the bullets...

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »
Don't know if this has already been suggested but I think it may be a good idea to get some 'San Patricios' flags made, to tie in with the Hicks & Gillett Anthem that is up and running http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=258280.0
The original San Patricios flag is too 'Irish' to have any connection with our club

but with a bit of tinkering (and the correct placement of the Liverbird), the Mexican flag could well suit our purposes.

Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2010, 04:00:36 pm »
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc - Followers:164
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

royhendo

« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:13 pm »
Good effort El Rey - gradually it'll grow and grow.

The cover for the anthem is a great idea Lenin. Is anyone working on that?

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2010, 04:24:32 pm »
Quote from: royhendo on Today at 04:02:13 PM

You know i will.. ;D

royhendo

« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:04 pm »
Quote from: royhendo on Today at 04:02:13 PM

You know i will.. ;D

You are a machine. :)

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2010, 04:37:44 pm »

I think that's a great idea, but will probably draw criticism based on the anti-american sentiments - which we need to address.. 

My thinking is something along the lines of Born In The USA by Bruce Springsteen.  Incorporate this with the Liverpool/New York skyline (it was on here somewhere, can't find the thread), and the history of the two places.  It's clear we've got nothing against America, but are sounding these 2 out like The Boss sounded out the scum responsible for the veteran's lack of care upon return from fighting their war.

The amount of songs by Americans slagging off the ruling class of America, whilst remaining true to the American dream and the everyday American, gives us a pretty much limitless supply of dual-purpose tunes.  But for every tune like this being used, we buy ourselves the right to hammer the message home with a proper protest song.

I can't wait for the reworking of the San Patricios number, personally.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »
I had a crack...hope Art doesn't mind.

Couldn't do the wink but maybe some else could manage that.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2010, 04:39:55 pm »
Beginning to look tickety boo that mate. :D

royhendo

« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2010, 04:47:15 pm »
Another idea - pavement stickers (esp round Anfield, the club shop, etc).

Saw these today on lunch.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2010, 04:57:42 pm »
Beginning to look tickety boo that mate. :D

It's only a quick go.
It would look far better without the other wing and the writing down on the bottom right....maybe Art could work his magic.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2010, 05:04:01 pm »

Cash For Wankers

L6 Confidence Trick

To Kill a Liverbird

Trying to think of one for involving 'Leverage' as well but can only think of 'Leverage This' as in 'Analyze This' which frankly, is piss poor!

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »
Quote from: royhendo on Today at 04:47:15 PM
Another idea - pavement stickers (esp round Anfield, the club shop, etc).

Saw these today on lunch.
A brilliant way of covertly doing pavement stencils, is to get a big paper bag (the ones with handles and flat bottom) cut the bottom out and tape in a sturdy cardboard or plastic stencil the same size as the base instead. Then keep your can inside the bag, stop as if to do your laces, put the bag on the floor and spray downwards inside the bag as if you are rooting around for something. then just walk off as if nothing happened. :D

royhendo

« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:50 pm »
I had a crack...hope Art doesn't mind.

Couldn't do the wink but maybe some else could manage that.

What ideally it'd look liks is a pictogram simple enough to whap on to a bar of soap.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2010, 05:41:48 pm »
Do we have any talented bods on here that could translate any e-mails we send into the native tongue of these supporters clubs?

I can translate into Chinese, Malay, French, Italien or German. Arabic at a stretch, but only in very basic terms. It'll get the message across. Drop me a pm if there's any work on this to be done.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:43:35 pm by surfer »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2010, 05:45:05 pm »
As for help in the media... I see Aldo has joined Tommo in having a go at the yanks.

Anyway, we can rope them in?

Would make good figureheads for the union, but I'm not sure if they'd have the bottle to go that far.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2010, 05:53:14 pm »
With all the talk this side of the pond about the Texas Rangers bankruptcy, how about contacting some of their bloggers. I am sure they mostly hate hicks and would print some stuff.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-25/rangers-see-no-viable-option-except-sale-of-team-update2-.html
To contact the reporter on this story: David McLaughlin in New York at dmclaughlin9@bloomberg.net; Thomas Korosec in Fort Worth, Texas, at tkorosec@sbcglobal.net
jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

To contact the editor responsible for this story: John Pickering at jpickering@bloomberg.net.

I've voiced it on this thread before, can someone give a clear update on the campaign's progress on Hicks' home soil, Texas?

I've sent in a few emails to the Dallas star people, no feedback, have any of you had any success contacting any of their papers/bloggers/Texas ranger fan clubs etc. Not just sending in an email and then leaving it mind, we need proper feedback.

With the issues surrounding the Rangers, linking up with them, having them give publicity to some of our issues while airing theirs, using us to reinforce Hicks' culpability, this could be useful. I'll keep checking, but someone on the ground in Texas could actually arrange a face to face with a Ranger fan club and take it from there.

Having visiblity for liverpool in texas could be key. And I'm beginnin to hate Hicks more and more for forcing me to type so much with a hand in a cast. Add that to his list of sins.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:56:23 pm by surfer »

Offline lilluisg

• Main Stander
  • He drinks sangria and sambuca and jaeger and cider
    • twitter
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2010, 06:03:23 pm »
Just thought of a few film titles to consider:
Payback

Escape To New York

Once Upon A Time In America

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

anyone want to have a try with them (as I'm feckin useless)
Mamadou Sakho...

Poppadoo krosswordpuzzle

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2010, 06:05:26 pm »
To Kill a Liverbird

Trying to think of one for involving 'Leverage' as well but can only think of 'Leverage This' as in 'Analyze This' which frankly, is piss poor!

You'll be looking for this then won't you Nick  ;)

To Leverage And Die In L6

And the text could be something like -

The Liverpool Way Is Nearly Dead
Tom Hicks Is On The Loose
And The City Of Liverpool Is About To Explode

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2010, 06:09:50 pm »
I can translate into Chinese, Malay, French, Italien or German. Arabic at a stretch, but only in very basic terms. It'll get the message across. Drop me a pm if there's any work on this to be done.

If you're interested the Union are looking for translations of one page for the webiste.

If you can help email Tommy at overseas@spiritofshankly.com
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2010, 06:16:21 pm »
If you're interested the Union are looking for translations of one page for the webiste.

If you can help email Tommy at overseas@spiritofshankly.com

Graham who directs your twitter site?
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2010, 06:42:51 pm »
Any use for the Public Enemy logo? Could be doctored in quite a provocative way. The copper silhouete could be replaced with an outline of someones face for instance.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »
I've voiced it on this thread before, can someone give a clear update on the campaign's progress on Hicks' home soil, Texas?

I've sent in a few emails to the Dallas star people, no feedback, have any of you had any success contacting any of their papers/bloggers/Texas ranger fan clubs etc. Not just sending in an email and then leaving it mind, we need proper feedback.

With the issues surrounding the Rangers, linking up with them, having them give publicity to some of our issues while airing theirs, using us to reinforce Hicks' culpability, this could be useful. I'll keep checking, but someone on the ground in Texas could actually arrange a face to face with a Ranger fan club and take it from there.

Having visiblity for liverpool in texas could be key. And I'm beginnin to hate Hicks more and more for forcing me to type so much with a hand in a cast. Add that to his list of sins.
That really needs doing. The Rangers/Hicks situation is getting lots of press in America, not just in Dallas but nationally. It could do us no harm to tie something up with the Rangers, maybe even some sort of shared decleration, with matching artwork (maybe involving both clubs crests) that could be used.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »
Since Paul Tomkins advertised the twitter page on his own twitter we have just broke the 200 mark for followers -

http://www.twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc - Followers: 215

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:01 pm »

royhendo

« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38:43 pm »

Hi Surfer

I emailed the bloggers Tampared listed but thus far no responses. Any help you can give us on this front the better mate. The key, though, is making them aware that there could be an interesting story developing.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »
In less than 3 hours mate, unbelievable. I think Mexico might be asking you to redesign their national flag  :D
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

royhendo

« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2010, 08:17:34 pm »
Costa Blanca fans - email sent. (Note - every one before that, I've not managed to decipher how to leave a message.)

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2010, 08:25:47 pm »
Costa Blanca fans - email sent. (Note - every one before that, I've not managed to decipher how to leave a message.)

give us the list of the remaining contacts and a copy of the email and I'll have a crack at finding them.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: May 27, 2010, 08:31:20 pm »
Kitster or any of you photoshop lads, because I hate putting so much on Kit...
I just seen a suggestion in the Rory Smith webcast thing thread. I think it would be funny... Rafa and Hicks having a fight.

Just thinking someone might knock it up for a laugh.

royhendo

« Reply #391 on: May 27, 2010, 08:32:14 pm »
They're here - just before your post mate - I'm working through them all tongiht. :)

Barca Reds, Argentine Reds and Shanklys in Salou emailed.

Edit - actually, I'll just update that post, OK?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:35:07 pm by royhendo »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2010, 08:32:31 pm »
PS...
I'd do it meself, but here's my go at a new avatar. Took me ages an all.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »
I've just watched The Birds.  Slightly sedated, I'd come to the conclusion that they were attacking because of the love birds being locked up by lying, cynical people.  Although, Wikipedia states that Hitchcock said it was simply a movie about "complacency".  When the cap fits eh?

A caged liverbird in the background, with with our beloved custodians running for cover swarmed by birds coming from far and wide, in the foreground.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2010, 08:44:04 pm »
They're here - just before your post mate - I'm working through them all tongiht. :)

Barca Reds, Argentine Reds and Shanklys in Salou emailed.

Edit - actually, I'll just update that post, OK?

Do you want me to work on this lot?

http://www.liverpoolhungary.com

http://www.lfccalgary.com

corby, northamptonshire: cto1@le.ac.uk

norwich: norwichliverpoolsupportersclub@live.co.uk

Israel: http://www.liverpool-il.com

Wiltshire Branch: kevinharri147@aol.com

http://www.chicagolfc.com/

Riyadh: aboodi_zwat@hotmail.com

This is Hong Kong too, not sure if it's the same one, advertised as HKSAR branch
http://www.lfc.org.hk/

http://www.lfcgrimsby.co.uk

West Belfast: http://www.wblsc.co.uk

Nigeria: jesseoflagos@gmail.com

http://lfcsouthdublinbranch.ie/index.htm

Indonesia, Solo regionional branch: http://twitter.com/soulofreds

http://www.lfcvancouver.com

http://www.dubaireds.com

http://www.MADridREDS.com/

Have you got the email you're sending so we're singing off the same hymn sheet and they know who to reply to?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2010, 08:44:04 pm »
I've just watched The Birds.  Slightly sedated, I'd come to the conclusion that they were attacking because of the love birds being locked up by lying, cynical people.  Although, Wikipedia states that Hitchcock said it was simply a movie about "complacency".  When the cap fits eh?

A caged liverbird in the background, with with our beloved custodians running for cover swarmed by birds coming from far and wide, in the foreground.
Preferably shitting all over them like that Mel Brookes piss take.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2010, 08:53:53 pm »
Graham who directs your twitter site?

That would be me. What can I help you with?

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2010, 09:01:30 pm »
Preferably shitting all over them like that Mel Brookes piss take.

;D  The other birds could all be the stuffed baby toys (someone posted a stabbed one on art vandelay's thread) to keep the fun element in.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »
Their going home
Their going home
Their going
The ***** are going home
(x4)

Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know
They're so sure

That Hicks is gonna
Throw us away
Gillet blow us away
But I know we can say
Cos' I remember

Red bird on the shirt
Anfield is still singing
3 sad years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many jeers
But all those oh so nears
Wear you down
Through the years

But I still see that
ST Etienne
and Jerzy saving again
Gerrard belting the ball
And Brucie dancing

Red Bird on a shirt
Anfield is still singing
3 sad years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

I know that was then
But it could be again

It's coming home
It's coming home
It's coming
The club is coming home
X4

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:01:22 am by Vulmea »

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.