Author Topic: Reina is a fucking legend  (Read 272777 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Reina is a fucking legend
« Reply #1480 on: November 12, 2010, 11:18:05 am »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman
Times: "Liverpool have moved swiftly to dismiss speculation that Jose Reina is preparing to leave the club in the January transfer window. "

JimBoardman Jim Boardman
Times: "Although Reina is known to be unsettled at Liverpool, there is no indication that he has agitated for a move..."
1 minute ago

JimBoardman Jim Boardman
Times (cont) "... or asked to be placed on the transfer list.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:19:42 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1481 on: November 12, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
bensmith_times Ben Smith
That is not to say Pepe Reina is the happiest of campers at the moment, but he has not asked to leave #lfc

Reina knows the score. He knows Roy's days are numbered, we all do. He just needs to see it out and he's understandably pissed off as we all our with the current management. He signed a 6 year contract and loves the club. All that's happened is some crap journo has made a meal of nothing, a few idiotic ex players have latched on and suddenly we have a crisis on our hands. There is no crisis. He won't leave.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Aquilani 4

• The Human News Aggregator.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1482 on: November 12, 2010, 11:19:23 am »
Liverpool dismiss Jose Reina reports

Ben Smith

Liverpool have moved swiftly to dismiss speculation that Jose Reina is preparing to leave the club in the January transfer window. Newspaper reports this morning claimed that the goalkeeper had told Roy Hodgson he wanted to leave Anfield.

Although Reina is known to be unsettled at Liverpool, there is no indication that he has agitated for a move or asked to be placed on the transfer list. Today’s speculation follows a string of similar stories, all of which have been dismissed by the club, and sources said there was no truth to the latest reports.

Reina, who signed a new long-term contract at the end of last season, has been described as “the life and soul” of the Liverpool dressing room. John W. Henry, who bought the club for £300 million last month, has held talks with Reina and Fernando Torres, the Spain forward, to inform them that he will do everything in his power to keep them at Anfield beyond this season.

Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, described the Spaniard this week as “one of the most committed players at the club” and said he was not worried about the goalkeeper’s future, at least in the short term.

“There is always spin put on these things but as far as I am concerned we are very happy to have Pepe Reina and I hope he will stay a lot longer than that,” he said.

“If at the end of the season he doesn’t want to play for Liverpool any more then we’d have to deal with that situation when we come to it. But I don’t understand why, seven or eight months from the date I’m being asked to give my opinion on it. He is an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years and years to come.

“If he doesn’t want to play for years and years to come we’ll deal with the situation when it occurs.”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article2805445.ece

Offline simonchamp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: November 12, 2010, 11:20:06 am »

Maybe I should offer Pepe my last Werthers?
Justice - 22 years overdue.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1484 on: November 12, 2010, 11:20:58 am »
does anyone actually know that Reina is 'unsettled' because of Roy being manager?

Offline dewisaint

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1485 on: November 12, 2010, 11:21:13 am »
Cheers
sos member 7127       http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.htm

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1486 on: November 12, 2010, 11:21:19 am »
...and breathe

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1487 on: November 12, 2010, 11:22:03 am »

Ben Smith

Liverpool have moved swiftly to dismiss speculation that Jose Reina is preparing to leave the club in the January transfer window. Newspaper reports this morning claimed that the goalkeeper had told Roy Hodgson he wanted to leave Anfield.

Although Reina is known to be unsettled at Liverpool, there is no indication that he has agitated for a move or asked to be placed on the transfer list. Today’s speculation follows a string of similar stories, all of which have been dismissed by the club, and sources said there was no truth to the latest reports.

Reina, who signed a new long-term contract at the end of last season, has been described as “the life and soul” of the Liverpool dressing room. John W. Henry, who bought the club for £300 million last month, has held talks with Reina and Fernando Torres, the Spain forward, to inform them that he will do everything in his power to keep them at Anfield beyond this season.

Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, described the Spaniard this week as “one of the most committed players at the club” and said he was not worried about the goalkeeper’s future, at least in the short term.

“There is always spin put on these things but as far as I am concerned we are very happy to have Pepe Reina and I hope he will stay a lot longer than that,” he said.

“If at the end of the season he doesn’t want to play for Liverpool any more then we’d have to deal with that situation when we come to it. But I don’t understand why, seven or eight months from the date I’m being asked to give my opinion on it. He is an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years and years to come.

“If he doesn’t want to play for years and years to come we’ll deal with the situation when it occurs.”

That last quote is from the other day init?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1488 on: November 12, 2010, 11:22:56 am »

Yes when the rumours started.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:01 am »
Fuck me, looks like there really is a clause in his contract.

What the fuck is there to stop Man United buying him this summer then?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:07 am »

short term nature of uncle roy's view. if reina is gone this season, all roy needs to is last one more season and he will be off to the beach.

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:14 am »
According to SSN's website, Schmeichel thinks that Pepe should replace VDS at United.

:lmao
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:46 am »
Can someone please tell me if you're a world class player, how come can you play for such a manager who says bollocks like this time after time.

LFC boss Hodgson insists Christian Poulsen will come good
Nov 12 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

ROY Hodgson has backed Christian Poulsen to show his true colours and win over Liverpool's sceptical supporters.

The Denmark international was booed when he came on during Wednesday night's 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic but he did not let that affect him as he made an encouraging contribution.

Hodgson, who first signed Poulsen when he was manager of FC Copenhagen in 2000, was pleased to see that, as he revealed the 30-year-old has been left “devastated” by terrace criticism.

Poulsen is well aware he has not shown the form that made his stints with Schalke 04, Sevilla and Juventus successful - but Hodgson is convinced he will come good.

“His introduction secured the point at least because he was very good when he came on,” Hodgson said. “He didn’t miss a pass and won several challenges.

That’s what he was on there to do and he will get better. Without his introduction, with a very tired Maxi Rodriguez and Dirk Kuyt, who knows we could even have lost the game.

“He can only keep working hard and when he gets his chance he has to get on with his job. He’s had one or two games in front of our crowd where he’s not played well, he knows he’s not.

“He’s devastated by that and the crowd, who aren’t stupid, know he’s not played well, it’s a fact of life. But he’s got quality, he’s a good defensive midfield player.”

It has been a tough introduction to life in the Premier League for Poulsen and Hodgson believes he has to block out the brickbats he has been receiving to win over the Kop.

“When I took him off at half-time in one game he was devastated,” said Hodgson. “Not just because I’d made the decision but because he knows he was nowhere near the level he can play.

“He knows having played in Italy, for Juventus, when you play well the crowd sing your name and when you’re not playing well they boo you.

“He knows that. But I have every faith in him. We will get a lot of good use out of him over the year but he knows it will be tough to win the fans over.

“I can’t wave a magic wand to do that, I can’t speak for them, but I’d be surprised if the ones at Wigan said he didn’t do anything for the team because he did.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/11/12/lfc-boss-hodgson-insists-christian-poulsen-will-come-good-100252-27646769/

He has just admitted he was playing for the point against Wigan, Pepe's class should be facing Barca for a win at the Camp Nou, rather he has a manager who is happy with a point against Wigan at the DW like it was Barca or Real who we were facing, and some people ask why he isn't happy :butt
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1493 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:58 am »
If we lose Reina i will be absolutely devastated! He is a fucking legend and we need to raise our voices for him tomorrow.....anyone up for singing his name non stop for 10 mins or something. he cant go ffs!!  :no
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline main-stand-molby

• Kopite
« Reply #1494 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:25 am »

Quote from: RoyHodgson
If at the end of the season he doesn’t want to play for Liverpool any more then we’d have to deal with that situation when we come to it. But I don’t understand why, seven or eight months from the date I’m being asked to give my opinion on it

its just not needed Roy.  Dont answer it, dont say we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  Dismiss it and move on.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #1495 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:22 am »
Another fucking bridge to cross then, Hodgson?  :wanker

"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #1496 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:36 am »

Ben Smith

those quotes are all from yesterday, or the day before
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline SamiSamiHyypia

• Kopite
  • Justice For The 96
    • The Homes Of Football
« Reply #1497 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:48 am »
does anyone actually know that Reina is unsettled because of Roy being manager?

It's supposed to be because Roy brought in new GK coaches and is apparently trying to make Pepe a more 'english' keeper (presumably in the green/carson/robinson mould).

He definitely brought his GK coach with him from Fulham and I think there are quotes from Pepe somewhere, but it's not confirmed or even close, as far as I know.

I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving.
Cult Of Lucas - Proud Member

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: November 12, 2010, 11:27:10 am »
does anyone actually know that Reina is 'unsettled' because of Roy being manager?

Of course they do t'internet warriors have said so therefore it's true. Twitter and fans' fora have replaced the old garden fence for spreading conjecture and gossip as fact

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: November 12, 2010, 11:27:41 am »
I might risk being looked upon as one who turns every phrase from Roy to find a negative, this time I'll jump in, gladly.

Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, described the Spaniard this week as “one of the most committed players at the club” and said he was not worried about the goalkeeper’s future

Excellent, keep it like that.

But no, why, why in fecketi-feckings-feck, do you have to tag this onto it

at least in the short term. [...]we’ll deal with the situation when it occurs[...]

Why fucking say this. No, I don't care if he was asked and felt it in his hearty heart to reply to the nice jorno.

Why not just go with - as you said: one of the most committed players at the club and not worried about the goalkeeper’s future.

Leave it at that, no point in stirring up more shit.

And you know what Roy, I think the fans would like to hear that - and only that. Not with some tagged-on, semi-ambiguous shite hinting towards we actually might lose him.

Gah!

I'm of for a smoke.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:52 am »
I can't say I blame him for wanting to go, I don't see how anyone can.

In the space of 6 months he's gone from playing for one of the most respected coaches in European football, who was also highly ambitious, to playing for a mediocre journeyman who's lack of ambiton must transmit to the players.

He had been working with one of the best goal keeping coaches in the world, yet now he's forced to work with some decrepit 68 year old Dinosaur complete with his pre-historic methods of coaching.

Throw in the likes of a past it, yet still extremely powerful Carragher, whom Hodgson seemingly hangs on his every word and you've got an understandably very disgruntled individual.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: November 12, 2010, 11:29:23 am »
Pepe is pissed off by these reports this morning. Thats what someone mentioned and hopefully correct.

Also read the goalkeeping coach is 68 yrs old. Sounds a bit old.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: November 12, 2010, 11:30:17 am »
And I know see I have responded to day(s) old quotes.

Bleh.

Still stands tho..

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1503 on: November 12, 2010, 11:30:39 am »
I might risk being looked upon as one who turns every phrase from Roy to find a negative, this time I'll jump in, gladly.

Excellent, keep it like that.

But no, why, why in fecketi-feckings-feck, do you have to tag this onto it

Why fucking say this. No, I don't care if he was asked and felt it in his hearty heart to reply to the nice jorno.

Why not just go with - as you said: one of the most committed players at the club and not worried about the goalkeeper’s future.

Leave it at that, no point in stirring up more shit.

And you know what Roy, I think the fans would like to hear that - and only that. Not with some tagged-on, semi-ambiguous shite hinting towards we actually might lose him.

Gah!

I'm of for a smoke.

I did say that last week when he made that statement saying he was just fueling the rumours a bit more and got shot down in flames  for saying it.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: November 12, 2010, 11:31:47 am »
I did say that last week when he made that statement saying he was just fueling the rumours a bit more and got shot down in flames a bit for saying it.

Well, I'll buy you a pint mate.

Lets get sloshed.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: November 12, 2010, 11:33:58 am »
I don't want to alarm anyone, but on my Pro Evo Become a Legend mode, Reina goes to United...  ::)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1506 on: November 12, 2010, 11:34:20 am »
Another fucking bridge to cross then, Hodgson?  :wanker

Thats the worst picture ive ever seen!  ha ha :D
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline diaren

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1507 on: November 12, 2010, 11:34:33 am »
It's supposed to be because Roy brought in new GK coaches and is apparently trying to make Pepe a more 'english' keeper (presumably in the green/carson/robinson mould).

I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about this. For me at least, when you're talking about English keepers you're generally talking about being a good box keeper and good in the air.
Whereas continental keepers are often seen as great on the line, like Reina.
Reina is a great keeper, but if there is something that is his weakness it's his ability in the air. He has definitely got better at it since he first came here, but still he's not the most confident in the air. He rarely leaves his area to collect crosses.

I think this is what Roy wants. If he improves on that area, he would be a complete keeper. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1508 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:48 am »
I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about this. For me at least, when you're talking about English keepers you're generally talking about being a good box keeper and good in the air.
Whereas continental keepers are often seen as great on the line, like Reina.
Reina is a great keeper, but if there is something that is his weakness it's his ability in the air. He has definitely got better at it since he first came here, but still he's not the most confident in the air. He rarely leaves his area to collect crosses.

I think this is what Roy wants. If he improves on that area, he would be a complete keeper. Nothing wrong with that.
dont let good sense get in the way of a witchunt..

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:07 am »
This is all pretty meaningless. Reina is under contract. Roy will likely be gone by this summer, there will be a new CEO, a new manager, new signings...Reina won't be leaving. He loves LFC. He'll see improvements in the club and want to stay.

At most he'll do some posturing to push NESV to make some faster improvements. I'm sure Reina would like to see a good player or two added in January.

I'm not worried at all. If he's annoyed in June, then we can worry. Not now.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:07 am »
I don't want to alarm anyone, but on my Pro Evo Become a Legend mode, Reina goes to United...  ::)

Im alarmed you mentioned that

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: November 12, 2010, 11:37:11 am »
Im alarmed you mentioned that

Many apologies

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: November 12, 2010, 11:38:18 am »
Pepe is pissed off by these reports this morning. Thats what someone mentioned and hopefully correct.

Also read the goalkeeping coach is 68 yrs old. Sounds a bit old.

Age is not a problem if the coach is someone who really knows his stuff and is highly respected internationally. But imagine getting a journeyman coach who has been coaching in the Championship etc when you are competing with the likes of Casillas and Cech for the title of the world's best GK and they have all that money can buy in terms of resources and training.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: November 12, 2010, 11:40:05 am »
Good work Hodgson.

Offline myrlas