Author Topic: Lucas in Brazil Squad  (Read 967792 times)

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
Re: Lucas in Brazil Squad
« Reply #8160 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:12 am »
Played well yesterday. Bossed the midfield in front of the back four, and wasn't too short of ideas going forward either. Who cares if Brazil aren't the team they once were, they are still undoubtedly one of stronger teams around and Lucas looked very, very comfortable anchoring everything they did.

Neymar may have been the fruity jam on top of the cheesecake, but Lucas was every bit the gooey biscuity base.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline liverpool adorer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8161 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:41 am »

Who's the daddy? Lucas Leiva

New dad Lucas Leiva spoke to Liverpoolfc.tv about fatherhood and his dream of carrying little Pedro around Anfield one day…

How are you feeling about being a father?

I'm very excited to have a first son. We are happy with the way everything is done in Liverpool. I was a bit scared at the beginning because the culture is different but now we are really happy. I am a little anxious because when you have a baby there is a lot of responsibility. You have to do everything for the baby but we've planned it and we're ready. And of course our family is around to help us because we don't have too much experience. We will learn a lot.

What are you most looking forward to about being a father?

I look forward to him being with me on the training ground and playing football. I am looking forward to taking him to school. You have to enjoy each step, but I have already thought about the last game of a season when we walk around the pitch and I will have him in my arms. For sure that will be a very good feeling.

Do you think it will change you?

A few things maybe will change. I won't think just of myself - he will be the priority all the time. We'll make sure we give everything to him and educate him the way my parents did with me.

Do you have a plan to cope with all the sleepless nights?

I will get my rest. We have family around to help us. I have to be ready for the games and at the end of the season you get more tired - I have to make sure I sleep well and try to have a rest. When I cannot help him my wife will be there.

How do you feel about the prospect of little Pedro developing a Scouse accent?

As I said, we have to think step by step, but for sure he will be a Scouser. He's born in Liverpool and I hope I understand him! Hopefully he will help me with my English.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/who-s-the-daddy-lucas-leiva
At the end of the storm...There is a golden sky !

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #8162 on: March 28, 2011, 10:50:52 am »
Lucas.

Is.

Boss.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8163 on: March 28, 2011, 11:48:36 am »
Is that the real Rory Smith who's been drunkenly tweeting Lucas about the origin of the universe? Brilliant.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8164 on: March 28, 2011, 12:03:02 pm »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #8165 on: March 28, 2011, 12:39:25 pm »
Is that the real Rory Smith who's been drunkenly tweeting Lucas about the origin of the universe? Brilliant.
wait how have i missed this?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8166 on: March 28, 2011, 01:00:14 pm »
OptaJoe just mentioned that Lucas Leiva is the player who has contested most tackles in the Premier League this season. 125.

Lucas.

Is.

Boss.

Happy for him regarding his kid by the way.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8167 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »

As I said, we have to think step by step, but for sure he will be a Scouser. He's born in Liverpool and I hope I understand him! Hopefully he will help me with my English.
And I love this. How can he love us so much when we treated him so bad?  :'(

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8168 on: March 28, 2011, 01:03:35 pm »
And I love this. How can he love us so much when we treated him so bad?  :'(

"some" not "we", mate.

And I guess he knows the difference as well. I doubt any other player gets so much love and support on their twitter timeline.

Lucas is, indeed, Boss.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8169 on: March 28, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »
Lovely interview. Here's hoping him walking young Pedro around Anfield isnt the last time he's on that pitch.

Lucas is boss.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8170 on: March 28, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »
"some" not "we", mate.
Just for the record, I've always loved him  8) . I just like to think of us all as one big family.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8171 on: March 28, 2011, 01:23:22 pm »
is there a stat about that shows how many goals have been conceded directly from a Lucas foul given around the area?  I know its a stick to beat him with but if goals aren't coming from the fouls he commits, then he's doing a bloody good job.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8172 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:02 pm »

Who's the daddy? Lucas Leiva

New dad Lucas Leiva spoke to Liverpoolfc.tv about fatherhood and his dream of carrying little Pedro around Anfield one day…

How are you feeling about being a father?

I'm very excited to have a first son. We are happy with the way everything is done in Liverpool. I was a bit scared at the beginning because the culture is different but now we are really happy. I am a little anxious because when you have a baby there is a lot of responsibility. You have to do everything for the baby but we've planned it and we're ready. And of course our family is around to help us because we don't have too much experience. We will learn a lot.

What are you most looking forward to about being a father?

I look forward to him being with me on the training ground and playing football. I am looking forward to taking him to school. You have to enjoy each step, but I have already thought about the last game of a season when we walk around the pitch and I will have him in my arms. For sure that will be a very good feeling.

Do you think it will change you?

A few things maybe will change. I won't think just of myself - he will be the priority all the time. We'll make sure we give everything to him and educate him the way my parents did with me.

Do you have a plan to cope with all the sleepless nights?

I will get my rest. We have family around to help us. I have to be ready for the games and at the end of the season you get more tired - I have to make sure I sleep well and try to have a rest. When I cannot help him my wife will be there.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/who-s-the-daddy-lucas-leiva

What a lovely interview. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8173 on: March 28, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
It's probably been mentioned a few times already, but did we all enjoy Lucas clattering Adam a couple of times yesterday? It was quite interesting to see how the pugilistic Scots were actually quite weak in the challenge. Probably due to their overall lack of technique. That Scott Brown was out-fought as well as out-skilled. But Lucas set the tone with those early crunching tackles on wee Adam.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8174 on: March 28, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »
wait how have i missed this?

I want to know if it's real. [I don't do twitter.] Also seems to be drunkenly rambling about asking Kenny about Libya at the next presser, because Kenny has been on at them not to ask him the same old, same old.

Honestly, you (futilely) ask one Brazilian international one simple question about astrophysics and people assume you've been drinking.
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Hey, @LucasLeiva87, are you bored on the train home? If so, can you answer this: what's the universe expanding into? I bet you know.
about 14 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8175 on: March 28, 2011, 02:21:54 pm »
It's probably been mentioned a few times already, but did we all enjoy Lucas clattering Adam a couple of times yesterday? It was quite interesting to see how the pugilistic Scots were actually quite weak in the challenge. Probably due to their overall lack of technique. That Scott Brown was out-fought as well as out-skilled. But Lucas set the tone with those early crunching tackles on wee Adam.

I hope we've cooled our interest in Adam to be honest.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #8176 on: March 28, 2011, 02:24:35 pm »
As do I.
I'd like to see Jonjo given more game time next season instead of bringing in someone else.
Hopefully he gets some development under his belt this off-season.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8177 on: March 28, 2011, 02:36:54 pm »
Adam is alright. He is not Messi so what were people expecting from him in a team like the scotish are??

He needs, same with Lucas and the majority of all quality players around, somebody to pass to, to play with.

In a good team he will make the team even better and that´s the point.  I think he would be a good signing. Remember, we need quite a number of quality players and are definitely in need of central midfielders.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8178 on: March 28, 2011, 02:38:17 pm »
As do I.
I'd like to see Jonjo given more game time next season instead of bringing in someone else.

Jonjo is about two years away from being a regular. Next season he won´t be able to replace any of our midfielders from start.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #8179 on: March 28, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »
Jonjo is about two years away from being a regular. Next season he won´t be able to replace any of our midfielders from start.
I'm not saying I hope he starts the majority of games.
I'm saying that I would rather he is used as backup for Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard etc. ahead of Adam (if he is even signed).
It's off-topic however and not relevant to Lucas.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8180 on: March 28, 2011, 02:40:36 pm »
I am little bit worried about the copa america being too much for Lucas. He played a lot of games since summer, I fear the copa might take too much out of him and he will have problems at the beginning of next season. Normally a injury waits just around the corner after a complete season followed by some tournament.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8181 on: March 28, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
Adam did have a poor game, lots of misplaced passes, on the other hand there was rarely a player in front of him besides an isolated miller. I wouldn't right him off cos of a bad international while he's been very good in our league. I'm not totally sold on him but we definitely could do with someone of his ilk.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8182 on: March 28, 2011, 02:41:53 pm »
I'm not saying I hope he starts the majority of games.
I'm saying that I would rather he is used as backup for Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard etc. ahead of Adam (if he is even signed).
It's off-topic however and not relevant to Lucas.

I get your point. I don´t think he is ready to be a back up.

He needs game pratice, a loan would do him good. Much better than coming from the bench here and there.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #8183 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:52 pm »

i hope not

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #8184 on: March 28, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »

I did notice that Yorky.  I even read somewhere that Adam picked up knock on his knee in one of those challenges.  That would have been one of Lucas' crunching tackles, no doubt.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8185 on: March 28, 2011, 02:48:17 pm »
Adam is alright. He is not Messi so what were people expecting from him in a team like the scotish are??

He needs, same with Lucas and the majority of all quality players around, somebody to pass to, to play with.

In a good team he will make the team even better and that´s the point.  I think he would be a good signing. Remember, we need quite a number of quality players and are definitely in need of central midfielders.

He does unnecessary flash passes though when the simple ball is the better option, and unlike Aquilani's attempts at pulling the trigger, they're rarely successful. The long diagonals remind me of Mascherano in particular. Long floated balls into the "danger" area that looks impressive to the casual viewer, but whose technique and disregard for any defenders nearby means the most his side gets is a throw in. If you're going to play a long diagonal with defenders near the receiver, you damn well do it with the technique of an Alonso or Gerrard, or don't attempt such a low percentage and low yield ball at all.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8186 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:50 pm »
I am little bit worried about the copa america being too much for Lucas. He played a lot of games since summer, I fear the copa might take too much out of him and he will have problems at the beginning of next season. Normally a injury waits just around the corner after a complete season followed by some tournament.

There needs to be at least 2, preferably 3.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8187 on: March 28, 2011, 02:51:13 pm »
He does unnecessary flash passes though when the simple ball is the better option, and unlike Aquilani's attempts at pulling the trigger, they're rarely successful. The long diagonals remind me of Mascherano in particular. Long floated balls into the "danger" area that looks impressive to the casual viewer, but whose technique and disregard for any defenders nearby means the most his side gets is a throw in. If you're going to play a long diagonal with defenders near the receiver, you damn well do it with the technique of an Alonso or Gerrard, or don't attempt such a low percentage and low yield ball at all.

Yeah but he can learn that, no? He has the technique to be calm enough with the ball and experienced enough to have a much better pass completion ratio.

Offline Lark

• Main Stander
« Reply #8188 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:50 pm »
I get your point. I don´t think he is ready to be a back up.

He needs game pratice, a loan would do him good. Much better than coming from the bench here and there.

I agree. He needs match practice. He has seen and experienced some PL football and knows what to strive for. A loan will probably improve him faster then if he gets some substitutions every now and then.

Meanwhile, Meireles is 28 now and Gerrard almost 31. In two years time they will be 30 and 33 and Adam will be what, 28?  If Shelvey is good enough in two years time there will be a place for him in the squad I believe.

About Adam: I’m not quite convinced but I think that at a price of 4-5 milj pounds he would be a good addition to the squad. We’re lacking depth at central midfield and there certainly would be room for him in a rotation system.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8189 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:12 pm »

A clairvoyant.

How do you do it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TheVoiceOfRiise

• Legacy Fan
  • www.solavirtus.co.uk
    • Sola Virtus
« Reply #8190 on: March 28, 2011, 03:17:23 pm »
As do I.

If the rumours are true.
Jonjo has got more than enough 'development' under his belt!
Please have a listen  to my band - www.solavirtus.co.uk

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #8191 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:58 pm »
Thought Lucas was brilliant yesterday against the Scots. Looked so much more confident on the ball than he is for us. Didn't shy away from a dangerous ball and got up the pitch when he spotted the space.

A word in the ear of Neymar please lad ;)

did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8192 on: March 28, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »
If the rumours are true.
Jonjo has got more than enough 'development' under his belt!

What rumours?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8193 on: March 28, 2011, 03:27:08 pm »
What rumours?

Think about what's under Jonjo's belt...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8194 on: March 28, 2011, 03:28:16 pm »
Think about what's under Jonjo's belt...

oh that  ;D

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8195 on: March 28, 2011, 03:28:40 pm »
A word in the ear of Neymar please lad ;)

Good shout.  The exact sort of player you feel Fenway would be happy to spend big on as well.  Lucas should definitely be having the conversation!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #8196 on: March 28, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
What rumours?
*whoooooooooooooooooooooooosh*

Sangria, that long pass, only a few players can actually do it, how else did Dirky boy manage to control spade loads of cross field passes by Alonso? It was the pass that allowed him and gave him space. The Mascherano-esque passes just make you await for the inevitable clattering by the full back who fully knows it's a ball he can win
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8197 on: March 28, 2011, 03:42:10 pm »
A clairvoyant.

How do you do it?

Common sense in football will be seen by a lot as clairvoyance. But just as in real life common sense comes from personal experience which leads to clarity in both observation and acting. So, if you allow to state, and although I do see your sense of humor, there is in fact no clairvoyance existing when watching a football game. Maybe as a player? How did he do that?

Shelvey´s no ready yet. Clear to see.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:45:00 pm by steveeastend »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8198 on: March 28, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »
Common sense in football will be seen by a lot as clairvoyance. But just as in real life common sense comes from personal experience which leads to clarity in both observation and acting. So in fact, as you allow to state, there is no clairvoyance existing when watching a football game. Maybe as a player? How did he do that?

Shelvey´s no ready yet. Clear to see.

Agree.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8199 on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:09 pm »
i hope not
Yeah but you're the donut who thinks Adam should replace Lucas, despite them playing wildy different roles, are you not? Actually I remember, you're the bloke who would replace Lucas with anybody.