Author Topic: Lucas in Brazil Squad  (Read 963802 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Lucas in Brazil Squad
« Reply #8200 on: March 28, 2011, 04:57:14 pm »
A clairvoyant.

How do you do it?
You obviously didn't see the infamous twitter pic, Jonjo clearly hasn't reached puberty yet.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #8201 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »

one, two years, and this boy will be our golden mine...
i honestly don't know where he will be playing in a year or two.
we'll get a DM in the summer,so that spot is gone
either one aqua/gerrard/adam will be taking the CM spot
at the CAM role either aqua/gerrard or meireles..

What does that mean for lucas??
i mean the lad won't forever be playing backup,would he?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:24:15 pm by hitnrock »
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8202 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »
^ fucking unbelievable. Why are people talking about replacing our best outfield player of the last two seasons?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8203 on: March 28, 2011, 05:22:02 pm »
'That spot's gone'
FFS

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
« Reply #8204 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »
^ fucking unbelievable. Why are people talking about replacing our best outfield player of the last two seasons?
chill a bit.. i'm not talking about replacing him at all
just saying i don't know which position he will be playing if a dm is bought in the summer and either one of aqua/adam is in the squad.
Next week:

Next week:

;)

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
« Reply #8205 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:33 pm »
Next week:

Next week:

;)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8206 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:21 pm »
Yeah but you're the donut who thinks Adam should replace Lucas, despite them playing wildy different roles, are you not? Actually I remember, you're the bloke who would replace Lucas with anybody.

To be fair, as Vidocq so astutely observed, Lucas isn't Kenny's type of player (sic), so it's only right that he should be replaceable by anybody. Recently Johnson has been running into a bit of form, so Lucas's place has to be under threat.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #8207 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »
So, if we get a singular dedicated, full-time, destroyer-type DM, the "covering midfielder" (or 1st volante) spot is now "gone" for anyone else, including Lucas?

How does that work?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #8208 on: March 28, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »
So, if we get a singular dedicated, full-time, destroyer-type DM, the "covering midfielder" (or 1st volante) spot is now "gone" for anyone else, including Lucas?

How does that work?

It works because he's shit and needs replacing. End of. End Thread. Stop arguing. Look how convincing my argument is with the non-existent sentences.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8209 on: March 28, 2011, 05:36:07 pm »
You obviously didn't see the infamous twitter pic, Jonjo clearly hasn't reached puberty yet.

Harsh, that's a medical condition!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8210 on: March 28, 2011, 05:53:31 pm »
just saying i don't know which position he will be playing if a dm is bought in the summer and either one of aqua/adam is in the squad.

Mate you said we will buy a DM and that that spot is gone.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #8211 on: March 28, 2011, 05:59:07 pm »
:lmao Listen, you make spots for someone who is regularly picked for the selecao, not the other way around.
ynwa

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #8212 on: March 28, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »
Yeah but you're the donut who thinks Adam should replace Lucas, despite them playing wildy different roles, are you not? Actually I remember, you're the bloke who would replace Lucas with anybody.

i dont think i said that...Adam is left midfielder,Lucas is right midfielder/deep lying playmaker

Lucasophilia is attacking again?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:08:10 pm by Vidocq »
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8213 on: March 28, 2011, 06:40:13 pm »
If we signed him adam would have to play alongside lucas or a new dm. So he'd be competing with gerrard, whilst lucas would compete with the dm.

I'm personally not too fussed either way regarding adam. He's a great passer, but his lack of effort/ability to defend/tackle/track runners is appalling. I find it disgusting for a modern midfield player. Look at the likes of alonso, pirlo, world class players that put huge amounts of effort into the ugly side of the game. We need more bite/physicality in the team, not less.

I love lucas, i think he'd also do really well alongside a dm like M'vila. Hope he gets a contract soon. Anyone think Henry and co. might have decided to sort all contracts (kenny, lucas) in the off season? i know i read somewhere thats how they do it with the red socks, as they see contract negotiations as a distraction during the season.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8214 on: March 28, 2011, 06:57:11 pm »

I'm personally not too fussed either way regarding adam. He's a great passer, but his lack of effort/ability to defend/tackle/track runners is appalling. I find it disgusting for a modern midfield player. Look at the likes of alonso, pirlo, world class players that put huge amounts of effort into the ugly side of the game. We need more bite/physicality in the team, not less.

exactly.

Offline JTorresIntheKOP!!

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8215 on: March 28, 2011, 07:08:55 pm »
If he keeps going the way he is I can see him captaining that Brazil side at the world cup.

Quoted for the truth, would love to see lucas with the armband

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #8216 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:17 pm »
If we signed him adam would have to play alongside lucas or a new dm. So he'd be competing with gerrard, whilst lucas would compete with the dm.

I love lucas, i think he'd also do really well alongside a dm like M'vila. Hope he gets a contract soon. Anyone think Henry and co. might have decided to sort all contracts (kenny, lucas) in the off season? i know i read somewhere thats how they do it with the red socks, as they see contract negotiations as a distraction during the season.

Personally I find him overrated.  Yes he can pass, but in a very 1 dimensional way, and of these 'amazing' passes, 1/3  go to the opposition.  Thats a hell of a lot of possession to give away.  His pass completion is awful.  The Scotland match showed all of Charlies Adam's weaknesses.  Poor at tackling, the wrong passes at the wrong times, reluctant to work hard.  Personally would be happy for Spurs to have him!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
« Reply #8217 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »
Mate you said we will buy a DM and that that spot is gone.
:lmao Listen, you make spots for someone who is regularly picked for the selecao, not the other way around.

i guess i just typed it all wrong..
what i meant was if we get a singular dedicated, full-time, destroyer-type DM (lets say Javi Martinez who is better than lucas),what happens to lucas as gerrard or adam will easily be ahead of lucas for CM position..?
Next week:

Next week:

;)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8218 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:29 pm »
Still typing it wrong ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #8219 on: March 28, 2011, 09:06:16 pm »
and so it goes....  this seems to be the thread for it so i will say that i would love us to buy adam to play in the middle - his long passing will work very well when we add pace on the flanks and have carroll operating at his best.  i would like lucas to stay too.  he's an excellent player who is only going to get better as he comes into his peak.  i think a lot of his critics on here will have to reluctantly admit his progress.  he will be fletcher for the mancs - slagged for ages then recognised as a lynchpin of the first team.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #8220 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:45 pm »
what i meant was if we get a singular dedicated, full-time, destroyer-type DM (lets say Javi Martinez who is better than lucas),what happens to lucas as gerrard or adam will easily be ahead of lucas for CM position..?

Care to explain why Adam would easily be ahead of Lucas for the CM position, or why this dedicated destroyer type would be? 

Kenny has a history of having a fluid system with flexibleand versatile  individuals within it.  Currently, we have 3 CM's Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles.  Although given nominal positions, all 3 can, if required, play any of the 3 positions.  Obviously Lucas is usually our holding mid, and Raul and Stevie are the CM/CAM, but they all could, if required, interchange positions.  Having your full time destroyer type goes against Kenny's fluid philosophy.  We need cover for Lucas, for sure, but I doubt we will get a pure destroyer.  Hopefully we will get another versatile CM, like the 3 we already have.  Not sure where Adam fits, as he can not play the holding role or the attacking CM role from what I have seen.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #8221 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:09 pm »
That interview is boss.

Need to sort his contract out as soon as possible as it's making me anxious about it.

Talking of Adam, still not convinced he's the man for us especially if there's a chance Aquilani could come back. If Adam did arrive, it would be as a squad player for me competing with Meireles and Gerrard.

Fucking wrecks my mind when I see Idiotic twats writing that we should play Meireles, Adam and Gerrard as our midfield 3 next season. We'd get torn apart.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8222 on: March 28, 2011, 09:29:31 pm »
Adam is alright in a similar way as Lucas is. Both are nothing without a couple of players to play with. They both make a good team better, us. And thatīs the point.

You cannot compare them really.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #8223 on: March 28, 2011, 09:32:46 pm »
You can't compare them as Lucas is now a DM and Adam isn't. Wouldn't be competing for the same spot.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8224 on: March 28, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »
Why would Charlie Adam 'easily be ahead' of Lucas Leiva? That just doesn't make any sense. And actually if we're talking about CM positions only, Gerrard is behind both. *
And anyway Lucas plays a different role, a different position to both. If we signed a DM they would compete for a position with Lucas. And unless they're bloody good, Lucas will play the majority of games.

*disclaimer, this is not to say that Gerrard isn't a better player than both of them. He just ain't a CM.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #8225 on: March 28, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »

Really do get some shite posted in this thread.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8226 on: March 28, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »
Really do get some shite posted in this thread.
The oddest thing is that these people somehow think we are all weird for rating Lucas highly. I just cannot get my head around it, the only possible explanation might be that they judge midfielders only on goals and assists and don't realise Lucas has been playing as a DM.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #8227 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:30 pm »
the only possible explanation might be that they judge midfielders only on goals and assists and don't realise Lucas has been playing as a DM.

To me it seems that's obviously how they rate their midfielders. That and long range, Hollywood passes.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8228 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »
Adam is alright in a similar way as Lucas is. Both are nothing without a couple of players to play with. They both make a good team better, us. And thatīs the point.

Sorry steve can't agree. Adam needs to be 'allowed' to play those passes. In order to play him you need at least two good defensively strong players around him.

Lucas makes the midfield his now.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8229 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:10 pm »
To me it seems that's obviously how they rate their midfielders. That and long range, Hollywood passes.
It's what they have been fed since Redknapp.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline JackB

• Main Stander
« Reply #8230 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »
The oddest thing is that these people somehow think we are all weird for rating Lucas highly. I just cannot get my head around it, the only possible explanation might be that they judge midfielders only on goals and assists and don't realise Lucas has been playing as a DM.

That's not it. I think Lucas is ordinary but Mascherano and Hamann were wonderful players and they were not known for assists or goals.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8231 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:12 pm »

I suppose you're one of the brigade who can't wait to see Lucas out of the 1st team, but your post contains quite a few false assumptions. For one, have a look at Dalglish's history, and his recent pronouncements on what kind of game he wants to play. When you've understoof that, then you'll have a better understanding of what the midfield will look like.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #8232 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
That's not it. I think Lucas is ordinary but Mascherano and Hamann were wonderful players and they were not known for assists or goals.

to be honest honest I'd take Lucas over Mascherano every time these days.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8233 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:28 pm »
It's what they have been fed since Redknapp.

It's the very basis of my theory about the English disease. The limitations of a football knowledge that's entirely shared with the English media. In JackB's very first post, you had his views of Lucas, which were lifted entire from the media's big book of Lucas myths, including some notably refuted ones that had been disproven with concrete facts. That extends to the good/bad dichotomy which is all they understand players to be, and the club's workings are understood only in terms of headlining actions. Hence arguments of not good enough, get rid, and other such shite, which was the approach that led to the senior squad having no LBs at all in the summer. Interestingly, JackB actually defends Purslow's actions in that area too, using exactly that argument.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8234 on: March 28, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »
Well then I just plain don't get why you think he is ordinary. Beyond me.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8235 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »
If he keeps going the way he is I can see him captaining that Brazil side at the world cup.
I too can see this occurring if he continues his upward curve. Can you even imagine how the lad will feel if he gets to lead them out at the Maracana or better yet, in his hometown of Port Alegre? Fairytale stuff for him.

And on a separate note, this too is spot on. There's good reasons why he doesn't do the ugly shift in CM - it's because he's so shamefully unfit and Holloway, grateful for his passing ability gives him free reign to do just exactly that nothing more. The thought of Adam at Liverpool is just madness. Paying anywhere even remotely near the oft-quoted prices for him is pure fucking insanity. I hope Spurs get second-time lucky there and we dodge the bullet. If he does arrive, you can quote me now he'll have an impact of somewhere between a Robbie Keane and a Salif Diao.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JackB

• Main Stander
« Reply #8236 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:54 pm »
It's the very basis of my theory about the English disease. The limitations of a football knowledge that's entirely shared with the English media. In JackB's very first post, you had his views of Lucas, which were lifted entire from the media's big book of Lucas myths, including some notably refuted ones that had been disproven with concrete facts. That extends to the good/bad dichotomy which is all they understand players to be, and the club's workings are understood only in terms of headlining actions. Hence arguments of not good enough, get rid, and other such shite, which was the approach that led to the senior squad having no LBs at all in the summer. Interestingly, JackB actually defends Purslow's actions in that area too, using exactly that argument.

Oh my dear old thing. I fear that one day I'll grow tired of explaining simple concepts to you.

My views of Lucas come from my impression of seeing him play often live and often on TV and nowhere else. For you to suggest I only think what I do because some halfwit pundit on tv that's what I had to think is totally wrong.

On the left back situation I said Purslow was right, Insua wasn't up to it. I agree we shouold have been looking to get rif of him. However the decision to buy Konchesky was wrong as he wasn't an improvement.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8237 on: March 28, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »
And on a separate note, this too is spot on. There's good reasons why he doesn't do the ugly shift in CM - it's because he's so shamefully unfit and Holloway, grateful for his passing ability gives him free reign to do just exactly that nothing more. The thought of Adam at Liverpool is just madness. Paying anywhere even remotely near the oft-quoted prices for him is pure fucking insanity. I hope Spurs get second-time lucky there and we dodge the bullet. If he does arrive, you can quote me now he'll have an impact of somewhere between a Robbie Keane and a Salif Diao.

Have you noted his passing technique? I know he goes for long balls quite often, and gets them roughly in the right areas too, but have you seen how he makes those long passes?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8238 on: March 28, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »
On the left back situation I said Purslow was right, Insua wasn't up to it. I agree we shouold have been looking to get rif of him. However the decision to buy Konchesky was wrong as he wasn't an improvement.

That's wrong on so many levels.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackB

• Main Stander
« Reply #8239 on: March 28, 2011, 10:13:06 pm »
Have you noted his passing technique? I know he goes for long balls quite often, and gets them roughly in the right areas too, but have you seen how he makes those long passes?

Same questions to you my dear boy but with Lucas as the subject.