Author Topic: Shite poem and rambling speech thread  (Read 11099 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Take a moment, read, understand, implement
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2010, 09:17:00 am »
Some of the stuff in here in unbelievable.

Thanks for posting Dr C.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2010, 09:17:58 am »
and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.[/i]

Which neatly sums up the case against Rafa.

My support remains, but not unquestioningly.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2010, 09:18:12 am »
Some of the stuff in here in unbelievable.

Thanks for posting Dr C.

DR C started it, in fairness...
STFU and agree with me.

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2010, 09:21:29 am »
Fuck me I'm well and truly inspired now after reading all this
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline eljay

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:16 am »
I sing Rafa's name, but I don't think that the quotes really apply to a football manager, sorry.
The quotes apply to every single person on the planet. Read them again, it's not rocket science.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2010, 09:43:42 am »
Fuck me this place is full of shit at times.

Take a moment, read, understand that you're being a condescending big ponce who likes parading round in a polka dot dress and write something a bit less pretentious on a fucking football forum.
I like this place, but the marriage guidance counselling on here about how we should conduct our relationship with the club and it's personnel makes me want to chew my own eyeballs.

Youre not from liverpool are you mate?

that will be the next thing you will here. Quality post that made me actually laugh out loud. I feel a bit sorry for the doc though he obviously worked very hard on this, and it gives him goose bumps if nothing else, maybe thats just because hes not wearing a vest under his polka dot dress though..............quality.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2010, 09:48:11 am »
I sing Rafa's name, but I don't think that the quotes really apply to a football manager, sorry.

Fuck me James. I am sure you are a good man but please remind me never to invite you to a party.

It's not any old manager, it's our manager.

Edit... great post
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:50:08 am by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:57 am »
Regardless of whether I think this is inspirational or self-important Socratease-wannabe cringeworthy eulogising of the worst kind (I'm veering towards the latter), what really annoys me in general is being TOLD to "read, understand, and implement" something.

Fuck off with that patronising shite, even moreso since it came from a Gillian McKeith self-styled poster who once wrote this...

"I've never known an ordinary player be as hyped as Alonso, it's appalling form from a support who supposedly know their football.  I will dance a fucking jig when he's off our books, I really will, not because he's gone but because we can finally get our midfield upto scratch and winning trophies every year.  Thanks for 2004/05 lad but we need more and the longer you stay, the longer it takes for us to upgrade.[/]i

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=222573.msg4670761#msg4670761
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2010, 10:06:00 am »
Regardless of whether I think this is inspirational or self-important Socratease-wannabe cringeworthy eulogising of the worst kind (I'm veering towards the latter), what really annoys me in general is being TOLD to "read, understand, and implement" something.

Fuck off with that patronising shite, even moreso since it came from a Gillian McKeith self-styled poster who once wrote this...

"I've never known an ordinary player be as hyped as Alonso, it's appalling form from a support who supposedly know their football.  I will dance a fucking jig when he's off our books, I really will, not because he's gone but because we can finally get our midfield upto scratch and winning trophies every year.  Thanks for 2004/05 lad but we need more and the longer you stay, the longer it takes for us to upgrade.[/]i

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=222573.msg4670761#msg4670761

Jeez, he didn't like Alonso much. Doc wanted us to play like a "rugger" team too - whatever that is.  Don't knock Socratease though. At least that shit's his own.

We've got some great songs to sing at Liverpool. Football songs. Cut the schmaltz and sing those.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:45 am »
It's all about opinions and how seriously you take things, in the great scheme of things it's no big deal we're having a poor season under Rafa.

Personally I'm in the ' keep Banners simple' corner......if you get my drift!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:36 am »
Don't knock Socratease though. At least that shit's his own.
True enough, hence 'wannabe' ;)

We've got some great songs to sing at Liverpool. Football songs. Cut the schmaltz and sing those.
Exaccchhhly.....
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:59 am »
That Roosevelt quote is class, and should be shoved in the faces of the pundits and the whinging so called Liverpool fans.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:56 am »

So I'm a 'wannabe' of some kind, trying to imitate a poster on here?
Sorry to break this to you, but I've got better things to do than to try and emulate a RAWK poster, no matter how interesting he or she may be.
As for the Alonso comment, he was wank for two seasons and we had a chance to get Barry in and Rafa really wanted that.  I was backing Benitez.  Again.  But it was set against a back-drop of blerts questioning Rafa, like you, thinking they knew better.

Why the fuck am I explaining this to you?  You're a fucking nobody lad.  Ta-ra.
Yorky, same goes for you.  A wannabe bully, well you've picked on someone you're own size now.  The winning arguement being that you're both in my thread and adding to the reply count.  You two are special.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2010, 10:29:15 am »
That Roosevelt quote is class, and should be shoved in the faces of the pundits and the whinging so called Liverpool fans.

Apparently it's not as good as something that Socratease can come up with on his own. 
Sorry Socratease, the two bitters mentioned you.  Just trying to stir up some emotion ahead of the Spurs game, but it looks like some RAWKites would rather that we lost and Rafa walked.  Well, that's the only conclusion I can come to, why else would you want to not get behind the club and the manager at a time like this?  Any takers?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2010, 10:30:29 am »
The winning arguement being that you're both in my thread and adding to the reply count.  You two are special.

I thought this thread was about backing Rafa, not adding to your reply count?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2010, 10:31:00 am »
I think we've hurt his feelings Yorky...

Offline benitezthered

• Kopite
  • Oh Campione...
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2010, 10:32:15 am »
Really pleased. Seems to be lots of positive momentum building into tomorrow nights crunch game, we have got to keep this positiviity and anger throught the 90mins, if were locked at 0-0 or 0-1 down, that is when we need this kind of stuff to be implemented more than ever.
Come the fuck in, or fuck the fuck off...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:14 am »
Before the internet Liverpool fans didn't need rallying calls of any nature to fight their way out of a tight corner, it just came naturally.

Think I liked it better back then, if the club were going through a bad time, the kop just turned it up a notch ot two,quite simple really.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:33 am »

Ship out SEVEN-to-NINE in Crouch (£12m), Kuyt (£6m), Carson (£9m), Riise (£4m), Pennant (£5m), Finnan (£2m) and yes painful as it may seem, Xabi (£18m) and that's roughly £55m - say £45m if we get fleeced on a couple of sales *cough Kuyt*

Awww, damn search button eh.
Early 2008, just the one face or two mate?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:14 am »
Just trying to stir up some emotion ahead of the Spurs game, but it looks like some RAWKites would rather that we lost and Rafa walked. Well, that's the only conclusion I can come to, why else would you want to not get behind the club and the manager at a time like this?  Any takers?
Not self-important much are you? So just because some of us feel your post (well-meant no doubt) was sanctimonious and more than a little nauseating, by default therefore we don't want to get behind the club but want another loss and Rafa strung up from the nearest lamppost instead? That's a Nobel-prize winning conclusion right there.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2010, 10:44:28 am »
I thought this thread was about backing Rafa, not adding to your reply count?

Fucks sake.  How on earth are you a Scribe?  Your attitude fucking stinks Yorky, well in lad.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:24 am »
Can't believe I'm having to deal with you two, especially in this holy place that I have created.  Like a couple of naughty school kids getting into the churchyard orchard.
Get out of it, you little fuckers, you'll get the back of my hand next time.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:54 am »
Whoppers!
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2010, 10:47:05 am »
Take criticism like a man, not a child Cornwallis. I liked the opening post but not everyone's going to feel the same way.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:12 am »
Before the internet Liverpool fans didn't need rallying calls of any nature to fight their way out of a tight corner, it just came naturally.

Think I liked it better back then, if the club were going through a bad time, the kop just turned it up a notch ot two,quite simple really.

I agree with you Alloy but the Kop of today is not the Kop of yester years, unfortunately
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2010, 10:50:32 am »
Awww, damn search button eh.
Early 2008, just the one face or two mate?
Just the one face, which you've seen given that in your desperate search of my posts that's the best you can come up with (your Alonso one was burnt into my consciousness).

I said 'painful' because was obvious Rafa wanted Xabi out, and looked like getting his way. Your choice quote came from a thread I actually started in defence of Xabi in relation to the Barry nonsense. I certainly wasn't "dancing a fucking jig" at the thought of his loss, nothing could be farther from the truth, so not sure what you're trying to prove here except get all uppity and discredit those who didn't like your post. It's not the end of the world you know.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2010, 10:51:00 am »
'Interpersonal dynamics are the world's greatest renewable resource.  It's like a self-generating art form.'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUc7hvbzUH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qUc7hvbzUH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2010, 10:55:52 am »
Great post. Nicely done Dr C.

There are some total fucking bellends that supposedly support this club, though. Fucking Gen Y. Only thing worse are the pricks following them.

Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:06 am »
Can't believe I'm having to deal with you two, especially in this holy place that I have created.  Like a couple of naughty school kids getting into the churchyard orchard.
Get out of it, you little fuckers, you'll get the back of my hand next time.

You're being silly Doc. You seem keener about protecting your won ego than supporting Rafa. And you don't have a monopoly on Liverpool virtue. No fan does. The foul language is brilliant by the way.

And I must say I did it find it odd you quoting Mandela when not so long ago you were telling all and sundry that this country would be no worse off under the BNP.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2010, 11:00:47 am »
In all fairness DR what you said about Alonso and what the other fella said are a little bit different. And the thread count comment mugs you off a bit. I am aware that when we make what we think are inspiring comments or posts, it irks somewhat when other people dont get it. But none of the comments have been that disparaging, you chose to be all Churchillian. You must have known some people would think you a bit OTT. We are talking about a football manager, we are talking about a football team, however rooted in the fabric of a community they may be, its all just part of a game. A very beautiful, absorbing game, but a game none the less. When we get carried away by it, it stings to be brought back to reality, i know only too well.

The critisim is more for your thread title really. Its very annoying to start with. Very little wrong with the first quote, but the poem is going a bit far. Shant be going on my inspirational wall fella, but keep up the good work and try not to be quite so touchy about the unfavourable responses. Now off you sonny.

Patronised?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2010, 11:01:57 am »
go

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:48 am »
is the missing word. Reddens in the face, and curses his game changing mistake.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2010, 11:05:51 am »
is the missing word. Reddens in the face, and curses his game changing mistake.

;D

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:54 am »
Just the one face, which you've seen given that in your desperate search of my posts that's the best you can come up with (your Alonso one was burnt into my consciousness).

I said 'painful' because was obvious Rafa wanted Xabi out, and looked like getting his way. Your choice quote came from a thread I actually started in defence of Xabi in relation to the Barry nonsense. I certainly wasn't "dancing a fucking jig" at the thought of his loss, nothing could be farther from the truth, so not sure what you're trying to prove here except get all uppity and discredit those who didn't like your post. It's not the end of the world you know.

Grow up mate.
It was a rallying call......if you don't like the analogy or think it's patronising that's your choice.
Move on to the literary or political threads.

His Alonso post was 'burnt into your consciousness'? No need to go and find it then to make your point then?
I think we could all do exactly the same to make some sort of inconnected point.

If I disagree with someone who doesn't like Kuyt and try and discredit him by showing a 3 year old post where he said he liked him...what does it prove?

Should we think less of you for admitting you liked Rafa when he arrived, but have no faith in him to win the league now?.

It's very confusing when a preacher grabs his bible, stands on the pulpit and and pronounces his hatred for preachers.

Oh and if you feel the need to put up any posts of mine that slagged a player off I'll save you the trouble...there isn't one.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2010, 11:10:35 am »
Like a bunch of fucking girls some of you
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
Re: Shite poem and rambling speech thread
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2010, 11:11:34 am »
Read a few wonderful things tonight and would like to share them as I think they are pertinent to our situation.
This speech was made by Teddy Roosevelt (ex USA president, yes you at the back  ::) ) in 1910.
It's called The Man in the Arena.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Far too many ex-reds, media wankers and nobody-in-particulars having a go at this great club and the great man in charge of it.  You'd do well to learn from the above passage and give those people no credit, none at all, because none of them have dared walk the walk that Benitez has.
Nelson Mandela gave a copy of this speech to Francois Pienaar prior to the rugby World Cup in 1995, it was something dear to Mandela's heart during his time in prison.

To end the sermon, I'd like to leave you with the poem 'Invictus'.  Yes, this thread is largely stolen from the film that has been recently made.  Unashamedly so.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

If that doesn't strike a chord in you, then I don't know what will.
God bless this club, God bless Rafa Benitez, and God bless every one of the fans who sing his name.

Thank you "Reverend" Cornwallis.

Sometimes an indomitable spirit is forged in the fires of adversity and struggle. As Scousers we should all know that and appreciate it when it happens.

I HOPE it's happening right now before our eyes.

If the owners wont give the manager the money he needs to buy the players he wants, then the fans and the owners must give the manager the time to build the team. I know it's hard ( we all want success now), but think how much more sweet success will be when we've ducked with the manager at every swing the  the media has taken and rolled with every punch landed. Togetherness will bring us through this, both of and on the field. Togetherness is what we're all about.

Absolutely spot on both

Go 'head Redmen - We will overcome this and be better for it maybe not this season but in the ones to come, I honestly believe this. If the owners are removed/leave/sell up to better owners then all the better but us, that being, us the fans, the players and manager are what counts.

Really hope this shows tomorrow against Spurs, show everyone watching what we're made of when the odds are stacked against - it's not like we haven't done it in our illustrious past is it?!

You'll Never Walk Alone
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:15:33 am by wednesday25052005 »

Offline SquirmyRooter

• RoomySquirter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2010, 11:13:49 am »
There is a complete lack of perspective Amongst our support, both in the pro and anti benitez camps, an inability to apply some basic common sense. 'cod mythology' is certainly a good description of this kind of guff. Benitez is not being persecuted, he's under fire in the press because the team he manages are playing like drains on a regular basis. Some people on here are so desperate to absolve him of any blame they've become almost unhinged.
Insight, Perspective, Objectivity.

No Delusions Here.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 11:15:04 am »
Jeez, he didn't like Alonso much. Doc wanted us to play like a "rugger" team too - whatever that is.  Don't knock Socratease though. At least that shit's his own.

Football songs Yorkie?

'You'll Never Walk Alone'

Come on lad.....you're better than this.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 11:17:50 am »
Football songs Yorkie?

'You'll Never Walk Alone'

Come on lad.....you're better than this.
Some deluded folk think that's from a musical or summat. Rubbish. That's the most footbally football song you'll ever here.

And watch out Shanks lad or someone will start thinking about putting that fortune-cookie piece at the top to music and getting the Spion Kop to sing it.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 11:19:04 am »
Well I appreciated reading it, thanks Doc.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg