Author Topic: Six Nations 2010 thread  (Read 43671 times)

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Six Nations 2010 thread
« Reply #840 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »
Lets not get ahead of our selves. England are shite and one dimensional. We lost the game that matters, now with a bit of luck we just have to beat the other sides.

Offline ItchySpoons

• Kopite
  • I.R. Baboon
« Reply #841 on: February 27, 2010, 06:41:05 pm »
Serious question:

Is there any skill involved in this game apart from the kickers?

If you wanted a serious answer then your 'serious' question shouldn't have started so ignorantly.
Twitter - @DeanGHayes

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: February 27, 2010, 06:47:02 pm »
Fantastic.
Another victory over the pansy toffs.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #843 on: February 27, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »
Don't be like that sarge or i will have to go against 31 years of upbringing and hope wales win next week! i don't mind you lot being happy to be honest, it's my london born and bred wife's gloating i have the problem with!

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #844 on: February 27, 2010, 07:01:34 pm »
Don't be like that sarge or i will have to go against 31 years of upbringing and hope wales win next week! i don't mind you lot being happy to be honest, it's my london born and bred wife's gloating i have the problem with!

No you cannot support the Welsh mate ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: February 27, 2010, 07:04:18 pm »
Well all i can say is my France hat is very truly on now.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #846 on: February 27, 2010, 07:05:32 pm »
Well all i can say is my France hat is very truly on now.

What your supporting France now?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: February 27, 2010, 07:06:48 pm »
What your supporting France now?

France is my fave country after England. So I much rather they win the trophy than any of the others.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #848 on: February 27, 2010, 07:08:00 pm »
France is my fave country after England. So I much rather they win the trophy than any of the others.

England can still win the Championship you know.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: February 27, 2010, 07:08:50 pm »
England can still win the Championship you know.

It would involve England beating France, which would allow Ireland back into it. Thus, I rather not.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #850 on: February 27, 2010, 07:11:39 pm »
It would involve England beating France, which would allow Ireland back into it. Thus, I rather not.

Back in, we are still in it btw.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:08 pm »
Well England or France. Not fussed really. Plus they have a chance of the Grand Slam, so firmly Allez!

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
Come on you boys in green.
mines a pint

Offline ItchySpoons

• Kopite
  • I.R. Baboon
« Reply #853 on: February 27, 2010, 07:22:13 pm »

You'd rather your country lost..just to stop Ireland havng a chance?? Wow!
Twitter - @DeanGHayes

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: February 27, 2010, 07:23:01 pm »
Strange one, i'm hardly Ireland's biggest fan but i'd rather England won than them :/
psn = Lents123

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #855 on: February 27, 2010, 07:31:14 pm »
ireland won't win anyway, even he england do win is paris. france play italy next and their points difference is already pretty good.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #856 on: February 27, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »
Paul o'Connell has been cited for a deliberate attempt  to seek the captaincy by kneeing Brian O'driscoll in the head at a key moment in todays game with England. it is thought there are around 5 million witnesses to this misdemeanour. To his credit, O' Driscoll didnt roll around on the floor and isnt planning on making a big deal of of it in an exclusive in a downmarket  tabloid and it is thought he may even have a drink with O'Connell later after the post match banquet. It is unclear who will make the speeches at this point
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #857 on: February 27, 2010, 07:44:06 pm »
It would involve England beating France

No need to worry. There is more hope of Gordon Brown being PM for the next decade.

England are woeful and the French will massacre them.

Should be a good laugh.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: February 27, 2010, 07:45:58 pm »
Best team lost today..... but the irish did take their chances when called on... even with help of the ref...   :P
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #859 on: February 27, 2010, 07:48:17 pm »
ireland won't win anyway, even he england do win is paris. france play italy next and their points difference is already pretty good.

Triple Crown?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: February 27, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

I wanted England to win the Grand Slam. They won't.

Therefore with France with a opportunity to win it, I would like them to go on and win it.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #861 on: February 27, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »

Therefore with France with a opportunity to win it, I would like them to go on and win it.

Its the only confort you have after your Country loosing i guess ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #862 on: February 27, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »

the grand slam is a statistic. the competition is the 6 nations championship which england (and ireland and france) can still win.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: February 27, 2010, 07:52:51 pm »
Ill support who I want.

Offline ItchySpoons

• Kopite
  • I.R. Baboon
« Reply #864 on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:41 pm »

I can see your point, just don't understand not wanting your team to win. Obviously going to Paris will be a great challenge but to just give up on them and turn to supporting France instead seems a bit strange. Each to their own though, no big deal.
Twitter - @DeanGHayes

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #865 on: February 27, 2010, 07:58:15 pm »
won the last 4 V france, twice in paris so yeah, no chance at all! that said, form and law of averages suggests we are in for a beating!

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #866 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »
Paul o'Connell has been cited for a deliberate attempt  to seek the captaincy by kneeing Brian O'driscoll in the head at a key moment in todays game with England. it is thought there are around 5 million witnesses to this misdemeanour. To his credit, O' Driscoll didnt roll around on the floor and isnt planning on making a big deal of of it in an exclusive in a downmarket  tabloid and it is thought he may even have a drink with O'Connell later after the post match banquet. It is unclear who will make the speeches at this point

Further developments have seen Borthwick cited for impersonating a captain. Evidence suggests this has now been going on for 20 matches. As it is thought he has the full support of Martin Johnson, thsi is likely to continue until the end of the six Nations
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #867 on: February 27, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »
Further developments have seen Borthwick cited for impersonating a captain. Evidence suggests this has now been going on for 20 matches. As it is thought he has the full support of Martin Johnson, thsi is likely to continue until the end of the six Nations

I do hope you have a day job or if not, that you are not late for the school bus on Monday, because if you hope to make a living from being a comedian I might have to give you some disappointing news.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: February 27, 2010, 08:07:04 pm »

Agreed he hasn't been then best in the past, but I thought in this 6 nations Borthwick has done very well... today England should have won... the forwards played superbly, controlling large parts of the game... it's a shame the back row can't takle when it counts.... and the ref can't punish cheating....
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: February 27, 2010, 08:12:37 pm »
today England should have won... the forwards played superbly

I didn't see that myself.

I seen English forwards keep the ball tied up for too long without making lagre gains. Lots of possession, no penetration.  How many breaks from the back line? Straight lines time after time. Too slow when it came to recycling the ball. There was no control, Care was poor, Wilkinson with no options etc.

Thought the English were piss poor and if the Irish were able to display an ounce of discipline it would have been far worse.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #870 on: February 27, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »
Ill support who I want.

Neh neh ne ne ne.  :nirnir
Y.N.W.A.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: February 27, 2010, 08:18:05 pm »
I didn't see that myself.

I seen English forwards keep the ball tied up for too long without making lagre gains. Lots of possession, no penetration.  How many breaks from the back line? Straight lines time after time. Too slow when it came to recycling the ball. There was no control, Care was poor, Wilkinson with no options etc.

Thought the English were piss poor and if the Irish were able to display an ounce of discipline it would have been far worse.

disagree about the penetration, but I do agree that England should have used it to more effect and changed it up when they got into the 22...  just gutted that we didn't win, however, even if we had done, the French will still do us paris... so didn't hold out much hope of the grand slam... this year ;)
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:16 pm »
disagree about the penetration, but I do agree that England should have used it to more effect and changed it up when they got into the 22...  just gutted that we didn't win, however, even if we had done, the French will still do us paris... so didn't hold out much hope of the grand slam... this year ;)

Fair enough, imo for the time you had the ball I didn't see enough gains, just a load of forwards plodding along and thought the Irish were comfortable in defense. Personally, if I was an England fan I'd be quite pissed off. It's a poor brand of rugby and Johnson needs to sort it out.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #873 on: February 27, 2010, 09:32:43 pm »
;D Sod off, we don't want your support!!

Well in the Irish and well in the Italians. Mate of mine is a big rugby fan and Italian and it's his birthday so he'll be mingingly, off his face drunk.

France in the driving seat now, but it's still 1 from three as anything could happen yet. I can see them getting the grand slam though. I can't believe how slow the RBS 6 nations site is in getting it's highlights up, i was hoping the wales/france game would be up by now.

Serious question:

Is there any skill involved in this game apart from the kickers? I just watched this and just don't see what draws the crowds. As a RL fan, coach and former player, I can't understand why anyone would prefer to watch this? I know each to their own etc, but there is no apparent comparison in the speed, defence and skill of the game.
In answer to you mate, it's what floats your boat. I hate RL and find it as pointless and boring as baseball if i'm honest and like you with union, i can't see why anyone would want to go and watch RL. But there we go eh, different views and all that :wave
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #874 on: February 27, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »
Best team lost today..... but the irish did take their chances when called on... even with help of the ref...   :P
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »
Serious question:

Is there any skill involved in this game apart from the kickers? I just watched this and just don't see what draws the crowds. As a RL fan, coach and former player, I can't understand why anyone would prefer to watch this? I know each to their own etc, but there is no apparent comparison in the speed, defence and skill of the game.
Seriously mate RL? The crowds alone tell their own story. How many would England/GB have at an international-20,000? Today they could probably have sold 100,000 to 150,000 tickets. That alone tells you that RU is more interesting than RL

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #876 on: February 27, 2010, 10:37:20 pm »

Don't know how the best team lost when they scored three tries to England's one.  And even that one was a bit of a dodgy call.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »
Seriously mate RL? The crowds alone tell their own story. How many would England/GB have at an international-20,000? Today they could probably have sold 100,000 to 150,000 tickets. That alone tells you that RU is more interesting than RL

I asked the question with the crowds in mind. I admit RU crowds for international are vastly superior. What I don't understand is why? The skill and speed factor in RL is far greater than RU, where strength and size rules the day it seems. I am curious as to why people seem to prefer to watch RU with this being the case.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2010, 11:08:09 pm »
If you wanted a serious answer then your 'serious' question shouldn't have started so ignorantly.

So you think that the constant maul fest that I witnessed today was a display of skill? I am ignorant to RU compared to RL and will happily admit that. Played it at school 20 years ago and didn't like it then. It seems so structured and scripted to me. It is a genuine question as to why you people in here prefer that code?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #879 on: February 27, 2010, 11:11:25 pm »
Structured and Scripted?

RL players have the ball skills, but choose to go forward 3 metres towards 3 tacklers, choose not to off-load and go straight to ground (where they wriggle like eels for 30 secs for some unfathomable reason), and then wait for the 6th tackle where someone kicks the ball and they hope to catch a high ball or hope for a mistake.
You can't get more structured than that.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75