Author Topic: Six Nations 2010 thread  (Read 43607 times)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
Re: Six Nations 2010 thread
« Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »
Wow- an England try after just a few phases and moving the ball through the hands. France are very slow to get going tonight....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
Hopefully France hold on to win the Grand Slam. England have been better than recently though.

Ben Foden is fit as! No wonder Una from the Saturday's pounced onto him.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2010, 09:08:05 pm »
Why would you want France to win the grand slam, unless you're French obviously.
psn = Lents123

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: March 20, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »
Why would you want France to win the grand slam, unless you're French obviously.

I am an England fan but I love France (the nation, not specifically the sports teams), so I have always found myself supporting them as well.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »
I am an England fan but I love France (the nation, not specifically the sports teams), so I have always found myself supporting them as well.
Fair do's, looks like Jonny might bail us out here
psn = Lents123

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1125 on: March 20, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »

Food

Male beauty

Making some sheep angry

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: March 20, 2010, 09:24:52 pm »
How much of a fucking twat is Brian Moore?!
He's getting himself bang at it over the fucking Ref ain't he! Bordering on Andy@Allerton levels here!
psn = Lents123

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1127 on: March 20, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »
Grand Slam for France. England were better than they have shown before but I have to think that they could be so much better if they tried to play more rugby.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: March 20, 2010, 09:38:43 pm »
England need to keep Foden for an extended run , thought they might of sneaked it but theres still hope for the future
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Gareth Keenan

• Kopite
« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »
Ref was a disgrace

royhendo

« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »
Glad we got a win. I think Robinson's taken our game into a different realm of possibility, so it's good he got the result to keep the wolves from the door and another year to build. Townsend also has to take credit for working with Dan Parks, cos he's a completely different player to the one he was last year and before. Always pretty good at club level, but like a frightened rabbit whenever he played for Scotland.

Me and the wife and kids were bouncing round the front room. ;D

royhendo

« Reply #1131 on: March 20, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »
P.S. Libertine - get it fuckin right up ye'! ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1132 on: March 20, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »
well pleased for the scots. I have a scottish father in law and irish mother in law so will be fun in their house tonight. been out tonight, were england much improved then? how did foden and ashton play?

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »
well pleased for the scots. I have a scottish father in law and irish mother in law so will be fun in their house tonight. been out tonight, were england much improved then? how did foden and ashton play?
Ashton looked nervous to me, Foden was a highlight. There is defo a base to be improved on for England though imo.
psn = Lents123

Pheeny

« Reply #1134 on: March 20, 2010, 11:41:53 pm »
How much of a fucking twat is Brian Moore?!
hate him and can't understand why the beeb employ him

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1135 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:31 pm »
hate him and can't understand why the beeb employ him

Hes the only thing that makes some games bearble!  At least hes honest in his comments and sticks to what he says, which is more than most pundits that tow the line and licks peoples arses.  He has his vioews and sticks to them, can see the problems in the scrums and calls refs when they are wrong, cant understand peoples problems with him.  Compare him to pundits of other sports and surely he is a cut above the rest!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1136 on: March 21, 2010, 01:55:42 am »
Hes the only thing that makes some games bearble!  At least hes honest in his comments and sticks to what he says, which is more than most pundits that tow the line and licks peoples arses.  He has his vioews and sticks to them, can see the problems in the scrums and calls refs when they are wrong, cant understand peoples problems with him.  Compare him to pundits of other sports and surely he is a cut above the rest!
He a short, blinkered, idiotic, biased fuckwit of Richard keys proportions. I fucking despise Brian Moore, I'd go as far as to say I would rather listen to Garth Crooks, talking about Garth Crooks for 4 hours in a room by myself than have to put up with that inane c*nt moore.

Well in France, pleased we finished on a bit of a high after what's been a very disappointing 6 nations and well played Scotland as well!
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: March 21, 2010, 02:14:44 am »
Glad we got a win. I think Robinson's taken our game into a different realm of possibility, so it's good he got the result to keep the wolves from the door and another year to build. Townsend also has to take credit for working with Dan Parks, cos he's a completely different player to the one he was last year and before. Always pretty good at club level, but like a frightened rabbit whenever he played for Scotland.

Me and the wife and kids were bouncing round the front room. ;D
Good day for Scotland all round, heard that young Scottish lad McCarthy was man of the match for Wigan today as well. ;D

On a serious note, they deserved it. We were complacent and made far to many handling errors today.

Pheeny

« Reply #1138 on: March 21, 2010, 09:44:12 am »
at a guess I'd say you was English... ;)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1139 on: March 21, 2010, 12:29:04 pm »
at a guess I'd say you was English... ;)

I'm a plastic and despised him as a player but like him as a commentator.

I think he calls a spade a spade and has laid into England when called for.

At times he was right yesterday about the ref being shit.

With regards to the rugby, fair play to the Scots. Thought they were the better team pretty much all round and fully deserved their win. Thought the French were below par and if the English showed better decision making they would have won.

Congrats to the French. Thought they were head and shoulders above everyone else for the vast majority of the championship.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: March 21, 2010, 01:06:22 pm »
Yep I too like Moore as a commentator. He gives his opinion and is not afraid of criticising somebody in a fraternity that he may be a part of, unlike in Football where they want to kiss ass as much as possible.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »
Yep I too like Moore as a commentator. He gives his opinion and is not afraid of criticising somebody in a fraternity that he may be a part of, unlike in Football where they want to kiss ass as much as possible.
Moore is that type of commentator where if you are English you will porbably love him but the rest of us will hate the sound of the c*nt and his biased remarks

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1142 on: March 21, 2010, 10:06:17 pm »
Moore is that type of commentator where if you are English you will porbably love him but the rest of us will hate the sound of the c*nt and his biased remarks

Moore has strong opinions, but is part of a double act with Butler. He is almost as partisan as Johnathan davies, who I loved even as a player for Widnes and Wire and GB(supporting Saints, thats something)but asa commentator, I reckon he is going downhill

But, the big question. Why did it take circumstances(Borthwick) to change the captian, and balls/self preservation, to make so many positive changes( Wilkinson, Ashton, Foden etc)
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1143 on: March 21, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »
desperate pennos given away by eire and awful lineouts

nice way to boot a triple crown into touch
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:35 pm »

I support Wales and anyone who's playing England. Moore at least has comedy value because he's so consistently wrong. I wish he'd stop moaning about the refs though. That's a job for fans in the pub or online not commentators on the television or radio.

France were worthy winners of the Grand Slam, but it's been a shame to see so many fixtures decided purely by refereeing interpretation of the laws of the game and by yellow cards given only to away sides and not to the home sides. The southern hemisphere refs were particularly crap. I for one never want to see Craig Joubert referee a match again.

What was disturbing yesterday was seeing Johnson going down the Mr Alex Ferguson route and haranguing the referee during and after the game at Stade de France. I don't want to see Rugby Union go down the road that allows that sort of behaviour as it's a slippery slope that will make the players think that they can get away with it too. It needs to be stamped on quickly (In a metaphorical sense ;) )

Choke Park was a joy to watch yesterday. The Scots definitely deserved a win this Six Nations and were probably 2nd/3rd best side and would have proved it if the refs had given them a break. Disappointed by the booing of Parks' kick though. They don't usually do dat tort a ting.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1145 on: March 22, 2010, 10:46:10 am »
Thought the tournament as a whole had it's moments even though England, Ireland and Wales were well below par for parts of it. France were clearly the best side even though they nearly blew it against England on the last day. Scotland were a breath of fresh air I thought and if you look at it they could easily have won 4 out of their 5 games.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1146 on: March 22, 2010, 11:29:34 pm »
Sarge, I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that I won the Fantasy 6 Nations RAWK competition.. :scarf :champ

1      Ray Kelly                                   Antarctic Monkeys        12   11   409
2      Criostoir Mac Giolla Mhartain   L'O-REAL BANDONIA      12   10   386
3      Robbie Sargent                        Hairy Arsed Brusers      9    12   381

http://www.lorealmenfantasyrugby.ie/FriendsLeague.aspx?p=418
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1147 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:10 pm »
Yes Ray well done but jesus unlucky overall what 19 points of the overall leader. I'm delighted with 3rd, week 1 was my downfall.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1148 on: March 22, 2010, 11:37:40 pm »
I'm surprised I was that close to be honest.
I had a ropey first week too and that cost me.

Still, the prize you offered of an all-expenses paid trip to New Zealand for the next rugby world cup more than made up for it  :P
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1149 on: April 14, 2010, 11:31:40 am »
Wales and England will kick off the 2011 Six Nations in the Championship's first Friday night curtain-raiser.

The arch rivals will clash at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on 4 February for the landmark fixture.

Six Nations games were traditionally played on Saturdays then latterly Sunday but controversial Friday night fixtures were introduced in 2009.

France hosted Wales in the Six Nations' first Friday fixture last year before the reverse game in Cardiff this year.

The full fixture list for the 2011 tournament is due to be announced at midday on Wednesday.

The Six Nations' organisers will confirm Wales are to play in their third Friday night game in successive seasons.

Wales lost 21-16 in Paris in February 2009 before a 26-20 defeat at the Millennium Stadium as Six Nations chiefs hoped to capitalise on the tradition of Friday night rugby in France.

But the Friday night project will be a new experience - although they have played in Paris late on Saturday nights.

The Six Nations' Friday night initiative has sparked complaints from both fans and players who would rather play on traditional weekend days.

Rugby fans have bemoaned the inconvenience of internationals on work days, citing travelling to games in time for kick-off as the major difficulty.

And Wales captain Ryan Jones has also publicly voiced his displeasure on playing on Fridays.

But Six Nations chiefs are keen to continue the ongoing Friday night experiment due to bumper television viewing figures and other commercial rewards.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1150 on: April 18, 2010, 11:13:21 am »
Wales and England will kick off the 2011 Six Nations in the Championship's first Friday night curtain-raiser.

The arch rivals will clash at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on 4 February for the landmark fixture.

Six Nations games were traditionally played on Saturdays then latterly Sunday but controversial Friday night fixtures were introduced in 2009.

France hosted Wales in the Six Nations' first Friday fixture last year before the reverse game in Cardiff this year.

The full fixture list for the 2011 tournament is due to be announced at midday on Wednesday.

The Six Nations' organisers will confirm Wales are to play in their third Friday night game in successive seasons.

Wales lost 21-16 in Paris in February 2009 before a 26-20 defeat at the Millennium Stadium as Six Nations chiefs hoped to capitalise on the tradition of Friday night rugby in France.

But the Friday night project will be a new experience - although they have played in Paris late on Saturday nights.

The Six Nations' Friday night initiative has sparked complaints from both fans and players who would rather play on traditional weekend days.

Rugby fans have bemoaned the inconvenience of internationals on work days, citing travelling to games in time for kick-off as the major difficulty.

And Wales captain Ryan Jones has also publicly voiced his displeasure on playing on Fridays.

But Six Nations chiefs are keen to continue the ongoing Friday night experiment due to bumper television viewing figures and other commercial rewards.

They could play it at 3am on a Monday morning and it would be a sell out
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: April 18, 2010, 03:26:04 pm »
They could play it at 3am on a Monday morning and it would be a sell out
Is right mate. They couldn't care less about the fans. All they are concerned with is maximising revenues.