Author Topic: Players signed by Rafael Benitez  (Read 166342 times)

Offline JanMolby05

• Anny Roader
  • is right
Re: Players signed by Rafael Benitez
« Reply #440 on: November 3, 2009, 04:55:17 pm »
Shame the Tuncay rumours in the summer never resulted in a bid.

To think he has spent most of the season on the bench for Stoke, he would of been perfect for our current predicament.
"If my assistant referee had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off keeper Petr Cech."

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #441 on: November 3, 2009, 04:56:43 pm »
Its too much to expect all of them together. However, even with 1 or 2 missing it will still be an awesome team.

with 3-4 players missing, thats when the trouble starts. Couple that with crappy luck - and its a disaster.

I'm not sure I agree that it's too much to ask for that every now and again we have a fit squad to choose from. We've been blighted by injuries this season, I've never seen anything like it. The closest we've come to having that full team out, was probably against Man U, although it was Insua in for Gerrard with Aurelio pushed up and Lucas for Aquilani, and we bossed that game. If we'd have managed to play something similar for the majority of our games we'd probably be in a rich vein of form now and then of course it's easier to compensate for injuries with youngsters/reserves coming in. As it is we've got the likes of Degen and Spearing playing in high pressure, must-win games and it's showing.

It's fucking terrible luck.
It is most odd.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: November 3, 2009, 05:01:40 pm »
"torres apart"

I'm having a sense of de ja vu.

Just surprised you forgot to mention him on your list.

Alonso wasn't an improvement on Murphy?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: November 3, 2009, 05:12:14 pm »
We spent 70 million in 06/07? really, on who?
And I'm sorry but you cannot discount the Ronaldo transfer, especially as rumour has it, it was agreed in principal quite a while ago.
The 80 million we got is there, all this crap about it skewing figures etc etc. the fact is, it happened.
By this logic I can take away the 30 million you got from Alonso this summer.

Anyway, your figures are utter UTTER LIES AND BS(typical of a Liverpool fan to mess with United figures to suit their argument), we have not recouped 45 million under the Glazers, EVEN discounting Ronaldos transfer.
We have made well over 80 million, if you think its lies head over to the 2nd page of this topic.

The point I was adressing wasn't arguing about net spend. It was in relation to HAVING to balance the books at Man Utd.
The assumption being that Ronaldo's £80 million won't be used.

Man Utd's transfers in 2006/2007

Players in

Michael Carrick                       £ 18600000    
Owen Hargreaves                  £ 17000000    
Anderson                                £ 18000000   
Tomasz Kuszczak                    £ 2500000
Nani                                        £ 14000000

That's £70.7 million.

Sice the Glaziers arrived you have sold players valued in total at £45 million (exluding Ronaldo) and spent £176 million
I could provide the list but to be honest it's that long I can't be arsed.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: November 3, 2009, 05:15:40 pm »
funnily enough, I did.  ;D

And thats not what I was saying, I didnt mean JUST because we'd finished ahead of you I'd not want any of your players.
It was that you listed basically your entire team, suggesting theyd walk into our 3 times in a row title winning team.
You obviously took everything completely literally when I was just making a bit of a point.

I never mentioned your team. Care to show where I did?
This is what you said.

Its funny you say all those players would walk into our team, yet we've finished above you for each of the last 3 seasons.
Besides, Id not have Reina over Van der Sar, I certainly wouldnt have a crocked Aquilani ahead of any of our central midfielders.
There's potential in Nani and Valencia so Benayoun would also be deemed surplus to requirements.
Mascherano is limited. I'd choose about 10 other DM's before him.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: November 3, 2009, 05:17:24 pm »
And this self pitying attitude with injuries......

Walcott, Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Almunia,Denilson, Djorou, Traore
Van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Brown, Hargreaves.
Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu, Neville, Pienaar.

I dont need to go on, my points been made.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #446 on: November 3, 2009, 05:19:29 pm »
You can't blame Benitez for Sammi leaving.
Carragher was our right back and Henchoz was the comparible defender with Agger/Skertel
Torres or Heskey
Alonso or Murphy
Aurelio or Risse

To name but a few.

Jesus christ, step back from the keyboard and think a little will you.  Did i blame rafa for letting hyypia go? did i? do you want to point out or quote me of where i even suggested anything like that? no, well dont put words in my mouth. 

The point was made that the team is vastly improved from what it was when he first took over.

My point is the spine was the strongest aspect of the team he inherited and even now, 5 years on, its still the strongest aspect of his team.

Walshy gave a list of players and i drew comparison to their equivalent counterparts 5 years ago.

Carragher was our centre half 5 years ago along with hyypia.  I'd take carra and hyypia over 5 year older carra and injured agger.  But i think agger is better on the ball than either of those two but is injury prone. Is an injury prone and aging centre half an improvement?

The attempt to compare heskey with torres is ridiculous.  Owen was first choice pre rafa.  There was an over reliance on owen to score under houllier and there's an over reliance on torres now.   During the 5 years with rafa we've got through cisse, baros, mellor, morientes, crouch and bellamy. Now we have torres.   Is torres better than owen, yes i think his allround game is better.  So "torres apart" then (i think there's an echo in the room now)

Again similarly ridiculous to compare murphy and alonso.  Was spud ever our first choice centre mid? Spud played very few games as first choice centre midfield unless everyone else was injured.  He played predominately on either the left or right of midfield with gary mac, didi and steven gerrard taking centre spot.  Even if you want to pitch him in as a centre mid is he inferiour to lucas? who'd no doubt is 2nd fiddle to masc, gerrard and now aqualini as murphy was to didi, gary mac and gerrard.

Aurilio or riise.  Toss a coin.  Riise's was heavily reliant on his left peg but was fit as a fiddle, form dipped after 2005.  Aurelio is great when he's fit but he's injury prone, hence the reason insua's getting so many games. 

Our style of play has changed little in five years because the strength is still down the middle.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: November 3, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »

When there's a fox in the hen house eventually he will start to bite chickens........you just can't help it can you?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #448 on: November 3, 2009, 05:21:07 pm »

The point I was adressing wasn't arguing about net spend. It was in relation to HAVING to balance the books at Man Utd.
The assumption being that Ronaldo's £80 million won't be used.

Man Utd's transfers in 2006/2007

Players in

Michael Carrick                       £ 18600000    
Owen Hargreaves                  £ 17000000    
Anderson                                £ 18000000   
Tomasz Kuszczak                    £ 2500000
Nani                                        £ 14000000

That's £70.7 million.

Sice the Glaziers arrived you have sold players valued in total at £45 million (exluding Ronaldo) and spent £176 million
I could provide the list but to be honest it's that long I can't be arsed.

Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves werent signed in 2006/2007 but feel free to lie and say they were.
As I said, go to page 2 of this topic, it has a list of the players sold under Glazer, ITS THERE, the list has every player, eevry amount and it goes well, well, well over 45 million, nearing 80 million and that ISNT INCLUDING RONALDO.
Please get your facts right!

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #449 on: November 3, 2009, 05:23:53 pm »

Cavilieri, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Aurelio, Aquilani, Riera, Gerrard, N'Gog, El Zhar all missed the Fulham game, oh and Torres might need surgery on a hernia, so was playing at half his level. That's our first choice right backs, 2 out of 3 of our first choice centre backs, our back up goalie, our first choice left back, our first choice left winger, 2 out of 3 of our first choice CM's, our reserve right winger, our back up striker and a big problem with the greatest striker in the world.

So no your point hasn't been made in fact it sucks.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 05:26:58 pm by Dodgydon »
It is most odd.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #450 on: November 3, 2009, 05:26:30 pm »
Whats with all these manc pricks on a liverpool site?

Sad bastards.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #451 on: November 3, 2009, 05:26:39 pm »
Cavilieri, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Aurelio, Aquilani, Riera, Gerrard, N'Gog, El Zhar all missed the Fulham game, oh and Torres might need surgery on a hernia, so was playing at half his level. So no your point hasn't been made in fact it sucks.

A back up keeper? Kelly? El Zhar?, seriously? this is like me listing Obertan, Welbeck etc, and Arsenal listing Wilshere and Vela.
First teamers only.

And also that was for the Fulham game only, what about the other games youve lost this year, its a long list.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 05:30:33 pm by Anoynymouslad87 »

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #452 on: November 3, 2009, 05:28:20 pm »
Oh and Shanklyboy, make that 90 million, the lad left out Frazier Campbell to Sunderland.
3.5 up front and it will eventually reach 7 million.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #453 on: November 3, 2009, 05:29:31 pm »
A back up keeper? Kelly? El Zhar?, seriously? this is like me listing Obertan, Welbeck etc, and Arsenal listing Wilshere and Vela.
First teamers only.

Djourou, Rafael and Brown, Walcott, Rosicky and Nasri, fucking Armand Traore? Fuck off you manc prick, at least be consistent.

Read my edited post maybe you'll understand what I'm saying a bit better.
It is most odd.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #454 on: November 3, 2009, 05:32:14 pm »
Djourou, Rafael and Brown, Walcott, Rosicky and Nasri, fucking Armand Traore? Fuck off you manc prick, at least be consistent.

Read my edited post maybe you'll understand what I'm saying a bit better.
Rafael and Brown? you mean the guys with Premier League medals?
youve listed youth players with barerly 5 first team games between them, you'll find Djorou and Traore have plenty about 5 times that amount for Arsenal.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #455 on: November 3, 2009, 05:41:46 pm »
youve listed youth players with barerly 5 first team games between them, you'll find Djorou and Traore have plenty about 5 times that amount for Arsenal.

No Rafael and Brown when fit play in the same position. Djourou is a bench player, Traore is probably third or fourth choice, El Zhar's probably made as many appearance as him, unless your counting his appearances for Pompey.

Yes Kelly's a reserve, but when Johnson's injured he'd probably be ahead of Degen. El Zhar whouldn't start but is an option from the bench which Rafa's deployed several times and when resources are stretched like they are, he would've come on, instead we had to bring on Ecclestone who made his debut. Likewise N'Gog would have come on, like he did against your lot (and scored a deeply satisfying goal I might add) and even though he's a reserve, we didn't have that option.

Cavalieri I'll give you, still it stretches those resources even further.

So you still think our injuries are your run-of-the-mill sort? Read it again, without the names and tell me how you'd expect any team to cope.

Our first choice right backs, 2 out of 3 of our first choice centre backs, our back up goalie, our first choice left back, our first choice left winger, 2 out of 3 of our first choice CM's, our reserve right winger, our back up striker and a big problem with the greatest striker in the world, all injured.
It is most odd.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: November 3, 2009, 05:48:18 pm »

They'd have played (at least some part) at Fulham if they were fit because of our regular starters being injured. So we wre playing, in some cases, third choices.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #457 on: November 3, 2009, 05:50:33 pm »
I can understand that the Fulham game was an extreme case, but you havent had those injuries spread across your team like that all season long.
You've lost 7 other games this season.
You all need to stop feeling sorry for yourselves in regards to injuries, you're doing yourselves no favours.

Brown is a centre half before a right back btw.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #458 on: November 3, 2009, 05:51:44 pm »
I can understand that the Fulham game was an extreme case, but you havent had those injuries spread across your team like that all season long.
You all need to stop feeling sorry for yourselves in regards to injuries, you're doing yourselves no favours.

Ah well least it's good to know we can still whip Manc butt when the time comes

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #459 on: November 3, 2009, 05:55:02 pm »
Actually I'm wrong Traore's made 3 appearances for l'Arse, whereas Nabil's made 18 for us.

Oh and I forgot Lucas, he played whilst recovering from a virus.
It is most odd.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: November 3, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »

There's a multitude of reasons as to why we are where we  are. And yes part of it is injuries. First game of the season, Skrtel and Carrager collided and Skrtel had to retire early, Ayala played in the next against Stoke. Agger's just come back, as has Aurelio, Gerrard's missed the last few games and missed at least one before that, Johnson's missed the last 2, Aquilani's just come back, El Zhar's been injured all season.

And that's just off the top of my head, most of them being key players. Please don't talk about our squad when you don't know what's been happening.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: November 3, 2009, 05:56:09 pm »
Ah well least it's good to know we can still whip Manc butt when the time comes

This too.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: November 3, 2009, 05:57:28 pm »
And that's just off the top of my head, most of them being key players. Please don't talk about our squad when you don't know what's been happening.
He's just a WUM. Look at his post history.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #463 on: November 3, 2009, 05:57:53 pm »

Even though he's played the majority of his games at RB for you, wasn't he considered one of your better players a couple of seasons ago playing there all season long when Neville was out? He may of started off as a CB although I'm not sure he did, but he is definitely now considered a full back who can do a job in the centre when required.
It is most odd.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #464 on: November 3, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »
There's a multitude of reasons as to why we are where we  are. And yes part of it is injuries. First game of the season, Skrtel and Carrager collided and Skrtel had to retire early, Ayala played in the next against Stoke. Agger's just come back, as has Aurelio, Gerrard's missed the last few games and missed at least one before that, Johnson's missed the last 2, Aquilani's just come back, El Zhar's been injured all season.

I thought I made the point that you arent the only team to suffer from plenty of injuries this season?
Let me do what you just did with our players

Ferdinand and Vidic missed our first two games of the season, as well as our last, Ferdinand has also missed 3 other games.
Rafael and Brown have just come back from long layoffs.
Fletcher has missed the last three, Park has only played a full 90 once.
Van der Sar has only just come back, Hargreaves still isnt fit.

See what I ddi there? its very very easy to spin an injury situation into a crisis of mass proportion.
Everybody has injuries, long term, short term, through-out the season.
Its too easy to feel sorry for yourself over it.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #465 on: November 3, 2009, 06:06:57 pm »
He's just a WUM. Look at his post history.
I'm not a WUM, I'm just balancing things out, I originally posted on here cos some idiot was making up blatant lies about United injury time.
I had to set him straight, eventually I decided to read some of your material (as a few of you do on RedCaffe)
Whilst the original poster of this topic had a great point, I felt the delusion soon started kicking in and then United were slandered again and well now here we are......

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: November 3, 2009, 06:08:38 pm »
This manc shite is right.

We must be bollocks. Sack Rafa and sell everyone - the mancs have got is sown up - until the weekend when Chelsea hand them their arse.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #467 on: November 3, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »
I thought I made the point that you arent the only team to suffer from plenty of injuries this season?
Let me do what you just did with our players

Ferdinand and Vidic missed our first two games of the season, as well as our last, Ferdinand has also missed 3 other games.
Rafael and Brown have just come back from long layoffs.
Fletcher has missed the last three, Park has only played a full 90 once.
Van der Sar has only just come back, Hargreaves still isnt fit.

See what I ddi there? its very very easy to spin an injury situation into a crisis of mass proportion.

We had injuries in every position of the pitch and in all but right wing and goalkeeper they were first choices. What you're describing is problem positions within your squad, it's not the same at all. Besides which you played what Blackburn at home? Try having a run of games of Arsenal, Chelsea, yourselves, Lyon, Fiorentina, a tricky fixture at Craven Cottage, a tricky fixture at the Stadium of Light complete with beach ball up front for them, then see how you cope with endemic injuries.
It is most odd.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: November 3, 2009, 06:14:53 pm »
I'm not a WUM, I'm just balancing things out, I originally posted on here cos some idiot was making up blatant lies about United injury time.
I had to set him straight, eventually I decided to read some of your material (as a few of you do on RedCaffe)
Whilst the original poster of this topic had a great point, I felt the delusion soon started kicking in and then United were slandered again and well now here we are......
Perhaps you do just mean that, but I doubt it. For starters, if I went on a United board, I very much doubt my first few posts would tell people how much they lie. Perhaps they werre mistaken? After all, they are unlikely to follow, and therefore know, as much about United as you do.

Secondly, to combat this: "Whilst the original poster of this topic had a great point, I felt the delusion soon started kicking in and then United were slandered again and well now here we are......"

That's a lie from you right there. Your first post was not arguing against United's "slandering", as you seem to suggest. Instead it talked about how flawed our manager is, and about how much better the state of our club was in 2004 than we seem to think it was. Why did you post such nonsense? We are far, far better qualified to judge our club than you. You clearly completely lack the ability to comment on our club with any sense of objectivity. Your hatred seems to shine through in every post.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #469 on: November 3, 2009, 06:19:49 pm »
This manc shite is right.

We must be bollocks. Sack Rafa and sell everyone - the mancs have got is sown up - until the weekend when Chelsea hand them their arse.
We had injuries in every position of the pitch and in all but right wing and goalkeeper they were first choices. What you're describing is problem positions within your squad, it's not the same at all. Besides which you played what Blackburn at home? Try having a run of games of Arsenal, Chelsea, yourselves, Lyon, Fiorentina, a tricky fixture at Craven Cottage, a tricky fixture at the Stadium of Light complete with beach ball up front for them, then see how you cope with endemic injuries.

If you look at what Hazzell says, I've done the same thing with United players, hes not spoke about specific positions, he's just generalised your injuries.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: November 3, 2009, 06:23:51 pm »

You've got £17m players waiting in the wings, Hargreaves has been injured for over a year, we've had to virtually change the back 4 from game to game, bringing in players who've barely played for the club before (Ayala, Kelly, Spearing started his first prem game against Sunderland) and we've actually been playing with half fit players, 2 of our most influential attacking players struggling with injuries, bad decisions (penalties denied against Spurs and Chelsea, Bent's goal) - coupled with us not playing well in certain games - it's obvious there's been a lot of things going awry his season.

Don't try and compare our situation with yours.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: November 3, 2009, 06:24:43 pm »
If you look at what Hazzell says, I've done the same thing with United players, hes not spoke about specific positions, he's just generalised your injuries.

Just read this. See above.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #472 on: November 3, 2009, 06:24:46 pm »
This article should be reprinted in every major newspaper, on every website and read out on every radio station

The amount of utter shite articles you can read on newsnow:

- Who to replace Rafa Benitez
- Rafa Benitez the biggest tinkerman since Ranieri
- Rafa's biggest transfer blunders (one of them listed was Pellegrino, the other Voronin, two free transfers)

Everyone from Collymore to Hansen to Merson to to Lawrenson to Bright to Cacarino to Henry Winter are spreading lies and making false accusations against our number one

Yes the results haven't been great so far this year. Is this all Rafa's fault - no

Time for those reds who don't listen to the London media to pull ranks and get behind the great man
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: November 3, 2009, 06:27:32 pm »
You've got £17m players waiting in the wings, Hargreaves has been injured for over a year, we've had to virtually change the back 4 from game to game, bringing in players who've barely played for the club before (Ayala, Kelly, Spearing started his first prem game against Sunderland) and we've actually been playing with half fit players, 2 of our most influential attacking players struggling with injuries, bad decisions (penalties denied against Spurs and Chelsea, Bent's goal) - coupled with us not playing well in certain games - it's obvious there's been a lot of things going awry his season.

Fucking hell Hazzell, dont give the manc shite any more ammunition. I'm plucking the strings as I read.

But, we have had injuries. That aside, we have played some shit football and not invested the squad enough.

Anyway, for as great as the mancs are suppossed to be, come Monday there will be four points between us. A bit of luck with some key players and it is still all to play for.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #474 on: November 3, 2009, 06:34:12 pm »

Well I've spoken specifically, our injuries have been shocking this year and several times we've had to play debutants or players out of position. It reminds me of Arsenal's injuries last season and they struggled to cope. The really bad luck has been getting injuries to key players where there hasn't been available back up to replace them and during a tough run of fixtures.

Yes we haven't played well this year, but we really haven't had chance to. Our team has been so unsettled with new players having to come in and do a job. This year Ayala, Kyrgiakos, Spearing, Degen, Johnson, Ecclestone and Kelly have all made their debuts in important games, after what... 15 or so matches into the season? We've played the youngsters Insua and Lucas in every game because our established stars are out. N'Gog has made countless appearances either from the bench to give Torres a rest or from the start when he's been injured. Our two most important players, Gerrard and Torres both look like needing operations, Torres has apparently been fucked for a month or so now and hasn't been fully fit all season and you could say the same applies to Gerrard, what with him picking up several pulls and strains. Remember these are two of the best players in the world, any team would miss them.

All this after losing one of our most important players in Alonso to Madrid.

Whatever way you swing it, we've been swimming against the tide this season.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2009, 03:59:26 am by Dodgydon »
It is most odd.

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #475 on: November 3, 2009, 06:40:11 pm »
Perhaps you do just mean that, but I doubt it. For starters, if I went on a United board, I very much doubt my first few posts would tell people how much they lie. Perhaps they werre mistaken? After all, they are unlikely to follow, and therefore know, as much about United as you do.

Secondly, to combat this: "Whilst the original poster of this topic had a great point, I felt the delusion soon started kicking in and then United were slandered again and well now here we are......"

That's a lie from you right there. Your first post was not arguing against United's "slandering", as you seem to suggest. Instead it talked about how flawed our manager is, and about how much better the state of our club was in 2004 than we seem to think it was. Why did you post such nonsense? We are far, far better qualified to judge our club than you. You clearly completely lack the ability to comment on our club with any sense of objectivity. Your hatred seems to shine through in every post.

I didnt say my first post was, I said delusion started kicking in(i.e Rafa's faultless transfer record) which is where I made my points about Houllier and Rafas spending, I didnt say your club was better off in 2004, I just implied it wasnt as bad as you all made it out to be.
And if I wasnt being objective why would I give credit to your previous manager and your team back in 2004.
I have no hatred for Liverpool, they're actually my 2nd fav team.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #476 on: November 3, 2009, 06:44:40 pm »
Well a Utd supporter having Liverpool as their second favourite team, implies that you're either a total twat, fourteen years old or from Singapore, most probably all three.

So that's the end of it for me. Ta da.
It is most odd.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: November 3, 2009, 06:45:32 pm »
Well a Utd supporter having Liverpool as their second favourite team, implies that you're either a total twat, fourteen years old, from Singapore, or most probably all three.

So that's the end of it for me. Ta da.
Agreed.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: November 3, 2009, 06:45:59 pm »

Hey.

All users follow the same set of guidelines.

87:13

Offline Anoynymouslad87

• Main Stander
« Reply #479 on: November 3, 2009, 06:46:45 pm »

You wanna know the number of times our first choice back 4 have played together this season? ONE. We've had to chop and change at the back just as much as you, we did it last year as well because of Rios numerous injuries, Evras laughable ban and our injuries at right back.
Its not just isolated to Liverpool.
Birmngham were without 5 defenders at our place on the opening day and theyve had known defensive problems at the back this year.
And regarding players who've never played now being forced to play, thats another problem, a problem I spoke about, your youth dont get a chance.
Then they're thrown in at the deep end in situations like this with no experience.

The CURRENT coinciding injuries to Torres and Gerrard is something that I can sympathise with but the rest nah. I think that's just a bit of self pity/excuses going on.