Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1027510 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9000 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
well
strangely so far Im doing OK
this week Im on my own
I went straight to the store on Monday and bought 12 beers and a bottle of wine
today is thursday and I have 1/2 bottle of wine left and 8 beers left after 3 nights of a 7 day week
so Im not drinking to excess, dont have a hangover and drink for enjoyment

but even if I did im not hurting anyone, so why should i worry about what I do, there is no immediate impact

drinking makes me happier. end of. and I feel like I have worked out my absolute addiction to dangerous drinking and insane drinking

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9001 on: June 20, 2013, 11:39:13 am »

but even if I did im not hurting anyone, so why should i worry about what I do, there is no immediate impact

.......and I feel like I have worked out my absolute addiction to dangerous drinking and insane drinking

I always found these two linked, when i lacked self worth or self respect "im not hurting anyone else", thats when i removed the protective barriers between control and excess, because i didnt care for myself.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9002 on: June 20, 2013, 11:52:04 am »
I always found these two linked, when i lacked self worth or self respect "im not hurting anyone else", thats when i removed the protective barriers between control and excess, because i didnt care for myself.
so far I havnt gone down that road
in the past i have drunk enormous amounts regardless of circumstance

I feel that by taking 2 1/2 years off booze completely really broke the cycle and allowed my body and mind to have more of a normal relationship with booze

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9003 on: June 20, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »
I hope so mate, treat it and yourself with respect and you'll not go far wrong.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9004 on: June 20, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »
I hope so mate, treat it and yourself with respect and you'll not go far wrong.
Im deliberating not buying spirits which I suppose is treating it with respect

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9005 on: June 20, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »
Well done Andy.   I know I cannot drink ever again.   One drop and the viscous circle begins.

It is 2 1/2 years next week and do not miss it one iota.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9006 on: June 24, 2013, 05:34:26 am »
I drank today.

I wont go into the reasons why right now, but I drank today

And I drank a lot. Fuck.

I'll share tomorrow 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9007 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:23 am »
I drank today.

I wont go into the reasons why right now, but I drank today

And I drank a lot. Fuck.

I'll share tomorrow 

Chin up Billy - take your time, get your head straight, and stay calm. Sounds like you've had a blip, when you're ready then do share what caused it and hopefully we can help you avoid any more in future.

:wave
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9008 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »
alright Billy

several days later, dust has settled

what happened ??

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9009 on: June 25, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »
alright Billy

several days later, dust has settled

what happened ??

I just logged onto RAWK to ask the same...

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9010 on: June 25, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »
Yeah, Billy do give us a shout and let us know how you're going and what happened...
Hope you're going ok after the event :wave
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9011 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:04 am »
Cheers for the concern everyone. I felt like shit yesterday, but I've got my head around it today. I know now how I let my guard down.

I should have seen it coming. I'm a bit knackered this evening as I had a long day at work, but I will share what happened.

It definitely helps getting things off ones chest in here

I'll post in detail tomorrow when I'm feeling a little fresher. Cheers again all 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9012 on: June 26, 2013, 08:23:04 am »
Just started to do some home brew to save some money.

And had the first batch of Nettle wine tonight and have to say it seems fucking lethal and works out at about 85p a gallon.

And I have loads still brewing up in the spare room.

You've probably already had someone point this out to you, but in case not: this thread is for people struggling with alcoholism - there are people who have quit and are posting describing how much of a struggle it is, even after years off the booze how they still find it hard. You probably hadn't read any of the thread, so giving you the benefit of the doubt, your comment was probably made in ignorance rather than malice.

Either way I hope you can see how it is totally inappropriate to have a comment about how you have just brewed up a swimming pool of dirt cheap rocket fuel strength home brew in a thread full of folks trying their best to keep booze out of their lives. If, even after hearing that, you still think this is being overly sensitive about it, go back to page 1, read the entire thread, then see if you still think so.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9013 on: June 26, 2013, 10:20:45 am »
So today is a bad day. Between contemplating hitting send on an email my folks would have putin the 'things you wish to never hear your chilsd say' - giving up, juggling the idea of getting a load of coke to burn away the pain. I've taken a bath and booked an appointment @ the docs for 11:20. Not that they will give me any answers, but its damn sight better thangetting twatted, which im so close to doing right now.

When your vulnerable you turn to a place of comfort, my place of comfort is now the reason im vulnerable, a vicious cycle. Im trying so hard but the next place of comfort i look at is a glass for of ale, anything to numb the pain really.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9014 on: June 26, 2013, 10:43:48 am »
So today is a bad day. Between contemplating hitting send on an email my folks would have putin the 'things you wish to never hear your chilsd say' - giving up, juggling the idea of getting a load of coke to burn away the pain. I've taken a bath and booked an appointment @ the docs for 11:20. Not that they will give me any answers, but its damn sight better thangetting twatted, which im so close to doing right now.

When your vulnerable you turn to a place of comfort, my place of comfort is now the reason im vulnerable, a vicious cycle. Im trying so hard but the next place of comfort i look at is a glass for of ale, anything to numb the pain really.

Don't get on the beak mate.
It'll make you worse.
And deffo turn you to more ale.

Keep yourself busy till it's time for your appointment. Then after the appointment, avoid the offy on the way home. Keep busy as you can.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9015 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:13 am »

Sorry to hear that RG - anything you can do to take your mind off things? Can you get out of the house and go for a run or get some exercise? Sorry if it sounds cheesy but I find both running and swimming to be a great chance to clear my head, and at the worst it will give you an hour or so where you can't start hitting the bottle.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9016 on: June 26, 2013, 11:27:07 am »
Aye i know - first time ive been the docs and got seen early! Must have been a no show before me. Am just fucked off now, so thoroughly sick and tired of feeling an empty vessel, other than myself, who i dont really like that much at the moment, i've no other reasons to look forward, its not like i got kids or a partner to come home to now.

So i have this attitude of, yeah so what - its only me and im a twat, so fuck it.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9017 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42:05 am »
Aye i know - first time ive been the docs and got seen early! Must have been a no show before me. Am just fucked off now, so thoroughly sick and tired of feeling an empty vessel, other than myself, who i dont really like that much at the moment, i've no other reasons to look forward, its not like i got kids or a partner to come home to now.

So i have this attitude of, yeah so what - its only me and im a twat, so fuck it.

Please don't think like that!! Of course you're not just an empty vessel, and there are things to look forward to in future, even though it may not seem like it at the moment. Try to start small and focus on something - no matter how small - that you enjoy doing, whether it is watching a TV program, listening to a favourite album, taking a walk around your local area, calling an old friend that you haven't spoken to in a while. Start with something small and just remind yourself that there ARE good things in your life, and use that as a foundation to build on.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9018 on: June 26, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »
RG - keep talking. You're not a twat. Do you have a hobby? Is there something you've always thought, "I'd love to be able to do that!"

Learn a language, play a new sport, go for targeted walks, visit a musuem, anything that engages your brain and lets you do something more productive than sniffing or guzzling.....

Establish a routine, even if it's only to ensure you come in HERE each day BEFORE doing anything that might be deemed as reckless.

One life, fella, live it to the max.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9019 on: June 26, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »
RG you are far from a twat mate. I know how you are feeling but things will get better even if it seems like they are dogshit right now. Ive no other advice to offer that hasnt already been said but we are all only a post or pm away should you need to talk.

Take it easy mate,

Carl.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9020 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »

Mate just read this and am really impressed with your four great decisions in a row

1. posting on here and being engaged some way with other people, however loose that will be
2. not hitting send to your parents. I have no idea what your relationship with them is like but it sounds like you know yourself that hitting send would have led to drama
3. not getting wasted or coked up
4. going to the docs

frankly I think all that is stellar, I always feel that the sign of how far you have come is what you do when you are at the lowest ebb. there is no doubt you sound in shit state but you seem to be making decent decisions regardless of how bad you feel

well done

just get through the day mate. tomorrow is another day

Andy

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9021 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »
RG you're no twat, far far from it.

You're in a low place right now, but soon things will look different, a bit of perspective is what you need.

Think what makes you happy, and do it (rather than what numbs you from feeling unhappy).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9022 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:48 am »
Thanks guys....went to see a mate, hit the sack - just woke up at his. Will go back sleep and get a lift back in the morning. I know im not useless, but i don't half feel like it right now. Little bit worried if am honest, got a sick note for work, but SSP wont cover my rent, so im a bit worried, any ideas? Any emergency housing solutions out there?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9023 on: June 27, 2013, 09:48:51 pm »
Hi RG, without knowing your exact situation it's hard to give concrete advice... But off the top of my head, maybe try the local Citizens Advice Bureau? Either in person or on their website I'm sure there would be something there that would either help, or point you in the right direction of someone else that can help... Sorry that's not much use but its what I could think of.

Either way, good effort for going to see your mate and avoiding drinking yourself blind :wellin

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9024 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:13 pm »
Thanks guys....went to see a mate, hit the sack - just woke up at his. Will go back sleep and get a lift back in the morning. I know im not useless, but i don't half feel like it right now. Little bit worried if am honest, got a sick note for work, but SSP wont cover my rent, so im a bit worried, any ideas? Any emergency housing solutions out there?

If SSP is your only income then Housing Benefit should cover a large proportion of your rent. Enquire with your local council.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9025 on: June 28, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »
Has Billy been back in? Anyone know how he's doing

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9026 on: July 1, 2013, 12:41:17 am »
Has Billy been back in? Anyone know how he's doing

I'm here. I'm feeling a lot better. Thank you for asking. I've just been doing a lot of reflecting for the past week. You know, trying to assess what really brought me to the point of letting my guard down so to speak. I've had to deal with a lot of stuff lately. Between work, to trying to get my visa extended, to having to pay my immigration attorney a fucking fortune, to not being able to fly home for my friends wedding, to constant fighting with my missus, amongst a hole host of other shit. But I'm sound now. I'm feeling a lot better. I'll post in more detail as promised shortly. Again, thank you all for you concern. And god bless this thread :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9027 on: July 2, 2013, 07:44:42 am »
Ok chaps, after much reflection, I now know what caused me to fuck up. I now know why I lapsed. Its quiet obvious to me now that I've got my head straight again. That can be one of the biggest drawbacks of addiction I guess. You know? Regaining clarity? Sometimes you just have to wait for the cobwebs to clear. No matter how hard you try to analyze things in the immediate wake of a lapse, you wont really find the answer until you get your head straight again. That's kind of where I've been for the past week and why I've waited until now to share in detail. I had to wait for the little light bulb in my head to go ding. And now I know.

In order to explain the reason for my lapse, I think it may be prudent to firstly explain my "higher power", what I perceive it to be, and how I use it to "hand over my addiction" on a daily basis. Because you see, I don't really subscribe to the whole God thing. I'm not really religious. I don't pray to an entity in the sky that I can't see, touch, feel, or experience. To me that's a futile exercise in pissing well and truly into the wind. No ones going to fucking answer, let alone help you.

But what I do believe in wholeheartedly is the universal law of attraction. Some of you may be familiar with that, some of you may not. If anyone would like me to explain it more then feel free to ask. And the reason I believe in it is because I can see it. I can touch it. I can experience it, and I can live it. Its not absent in appearance in the way that god is. My higher power is knowing that if I focus my energy on achieving the things that I know I'm capable of, then the universe will open the doors for me to succeed. And its the truth. It has worked for me. As I said, I've touched it, felt it, and experienced it. So I know its real. I know it works. When I focus on those things then the universe takes control of my addiction and steers me clear of it.

Where I fucked up was, I began allowing myself to slip into a mindset where I began focusing on negative things and blowing them way out of proportion. You see, universal law states that what you focus on becomes bigger. It becomes more abundant. But if the center of that focus is something negative, then you're fucked. You're outer world is merely a printout of your inner world. And if the inner world isn't in good working order, then its only a matter of time before your outer world bears the brunt of that destructive thinking.

I spent 4,000 dollars to pay an immigration attorney to help me sort my visa out. Fucking money hungry bastard I thought. My missus nagged at me over the number of hours I work. Needy fucking c*nt I thought. Then I found out that I cant go home for my mates wedding while my visa extension is pending. What stupid fucking knob head came up with that dumb fuck law I thought. Throw in the fact that I know my Dad is having his ups and downs back home, a couple of silly things like parking tickets, (innocuous I know, but its fuel on an already raging fire) and bang, before you know it, I'm in so much of a negative mindset that I'm cursing at everyone in work and turning the atmosphere sour there too. As I said, the outer world is a print out of the inner. The only place I was heading for was the bottom of the bottle

That's where I fucked up. I forgot what my higher power was and the steps that I need to take to ensure that it keeps me on the straight and narrow. The truth is, that despite the hefty bill, my attorney has been very good to me and has battled my case for me brilliantly. My missus wasn't being a needy c*nt either. She was just worried about me because I was diagnosed with mild exhaustion recently. She just wanted me to rest up a little. As for my mates wedding, he's totally understanding of why I can't be there. He even urged me to stay where I am and keep doing what I'm doing. No animosity from him at all. I fucked up by choosing to look at those things in a negative light when the weren't. I almost conjured the negativity in some ways. There was really only one result once I let that happen

So that's it. I forgot my higher power and the ways in which I adhere to it. I dropped my guard and let myself slip into negative modes of thinking. That's where I fucked up. I'm ok now though. The cobwebs are gone now and I can see with clarity again. Its back to the basics. One day at a time. Hand the dirty little c*nt of an addict over to universal law every morning. Let the law take care of it for me. Because as sure as night turns into day, if I let myself try to take care of it, you can be rest assured I'd balls it all up again no end. I mean, what other fucking outcome would you expect? I'm an alcoholic like, aren't I? :)

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9028 on: July 2, 2013, 09:21:09 am »
Great post, Billy. :thumbup

Good to see you're back on your feet and back on the right track again.

I've used the law of attraction for many years and I agree - it does work, no matter what others may say. If you or others are interested in reading about it in a rather scientific way have a look at "The divine matrix" by Gregg Braden. Fascinating read imo.

Anyways good you're back on track, Billy! Battling the negatives in my daily life is a struggle from time to time but luckily for me my missus knows I tend to go that way and she kicks me in the arse so i can get back on track... :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9029 on: July 2, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »
Cheers Tom

I haven't heard of that book. Tell me more. Is it good?

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9030 on: July 2, 2013, 03:58:35 pm »
Billy that's a great post and I think it struck a chord with me ( and I would guess many others in here) about focussing on negatives too much and blowing them out of proportion. I do that sometimes about a very specific issue (moving to oz to be with my fiancι), on good days I think of all the good things, great climate, fun people, etc etc, on bad days I just think about everything I'll be giving up, missing my friends and family, changing a good job in the UK for an uncertain one over there etc.

Often it takes my other half reminding me of the positives to get me back onto the right train of thought.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9031 on: July 2, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »
Cheers Tom

I haven't heard of that book. Tell me more. Is it good?

It is.

Copy/paste from his own website: "New York Times best-selling author Gregg Braden is internationally renowned as a pioneer in bridging science, ancient wisdom, and the real world! Following a successful career as a computer geologist for Phillips Petroleum during the 1970s energy crisis, he worked as a Senior Computer Systems Designer with Martin Marietta Defense Systems during the final years of the Cold War. In 1991, he became the first Technical Operations Manager for Cisco Systems."

His ability to explain his theories in a "rational male language" makes it much more digestable than if you read books from Louise Hay or other female authors on the same subjects. They all have the same points but the way they explain themselves is key for keeping my attention at least.

Braden combines science and spiritual wisdom in a very interesting way I think. I actually started out by reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, then watched the movie which was a bit too americanised for my taste but I got curious and stumpled upon Braden not long after and he really caught my attention. Wayne Dyer is another very inspirational author too.

But this is not about spiritual/scientific authors - it's the alchie thread. Back on track and sorry to go off topic...

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9032 on: July 2, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »
Sorry I've not added anything to this thread lately. I spend most of my time at the gf and i really don't want her reading this thread just yet.

Glad to see u have realised what happened Billy and why mate. Slip ups happen as u know. Good to see u open up in here and talk. Always here if u need us mate.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9033 on: July 3, 2013, 01:31:06 pm »
Sorry I've not added anything to this thread lately. I spend most of my time at the gf and i really don't want her reading this thread just yet.

Glad to see u have realised what happened Billy and why mate. Slip ups happen as u know. Good to see u open up in here and talk. Always here if u need us mate.

holy shit mate, this to me is very very private and I dont think i ever want anyone who knows me personally reading this

but you sound like you have your head proper screwed on now. job and a gf, wow, you'll be getting a shed next

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9034 on: July 3, 2013, 05:08:58 pm »
We are looking at a place together as we speak lol. Im never at mine really and we get on well as we both work so not under each others feet and getting pissed off with each other. Seems all i needed was a job to help me sort my routine out and a gf who cares ( if a little bit insecure at times ;)  ). I do washing up, walking, having a weeks holiday together next week and having a few day excursions. Joined a motorbike club which is great fun even if they are all psychos , i eat proper food now, im not pissed by 11am , im not trying to top myself anymore. I feel happy. Wary but happy as im at at a rather large turning point in my life so its all a bit new.

As for this thread being very private, i agree totally mate but i think that for others to understand what its like to be an alcoholic its a fucking big eye opener this thread ( no pun intended ) . I get sick and tired of people stereotyping an alcoholic. The snide ' oh he's a fucking useless alchie ' type ones. Maybe if they tried to understand a little more as to why people use it as a crutch then maybe help may be a little more forthcoming if you get me. To see the depths a lot of the posters in here have gone to, the highs they have reached and the inevitable car crash moments they have endured would put to bed a lot of the misconception of what its like to be an alcoholic.

Then again, thats just my view on it. Ive nothing left to hide on here as you all know more about me than i do ;)

As ive said before, this isnt me saying how great things are and im cured, this is just another part of the story ive been telling and its just me keeping you all in the loop.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9035 on: July 3, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »
How's your book project coming along, Carl?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9036 on: July 4, 2013, 03:26:23 am »
How's your book project coming along, Carl?

Good question that. I knew there was something I had been meaning to ask

Are you still writing Carl? I started a book myself recently. Mine isn't about my life, like yours is.

I'm writing about a different topic. But I'm curious to know how you're doing with it?

I try to give about 5 to 6 hours of time to mine per week. How do you approach yours? When do you sit down to write? etc etc etc?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9037 on: July 4, 2013, 06:20:32 am »
Im more of a splurge writer i guess. Ill not do any for ages then ill hammer a load in, re-read it, delete it and start again. Its hard trying to keep it flowing so it makes sense to others and not just myself. I think that basically it will be a general start punctuated with short stories etc then move into the alcoholism and how it ties it with the beginning of the book. I dont set any time to it as i feel forced and much like my guitar playing, its much better if im enjoying it and it flows naturally.

Carl.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #9038 on: July 4, 2013, 11:08:13 pm »
Oh my dear grandling.   I am so very proud of you.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9039 on: July 5, 2013, 01:21:41 am »
Oh my dear grandling.   I am so very proud of you.
+1 and remember Carl I am more than happy to help.