Author Topic: The House and Techno Thread  (Read 254989 times)

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The House and Techno Thread
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2010, 12:39:55 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/udra4lKLNj0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/udra4lKLNj0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:49 am »
thats fairly tasty that, thanks for the share.

sounds superb on a big system as these kind of things are wont to do.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2010, 09:54:57 am »
Mad tune

it has a little bit of the villalobos about it with its parping brass section and syncopation.  all systems gone.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #283 on: July 1, 2010, 09:14:55 am »
test pressing is rapidly becoming a must check blog.  current treats include a link the super_colliders masterpiece 'it won't be long' for which i commissioned the video back in 1998.  directed by dawn shadforth its a tech-goth reversion of thriller.  on a budget.  still looks and sounds amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUgtLCdQyf4  for the video

http://testpressing.org/  for the blog

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #284 on: July 1, 2010, 10:05:15 am »
test pressing is rapidly becoming a must check blog.  current treats include a link the super_colliders masterpiece 'it won't be long' for which i commissioned the video back in 1998.  directed by dawn shadforth its a tech-goth reversion of thriller.  on a budget.  still looks and sounds amazing:

I played this last week at a dubstep/wierdness jam.... lots of people very happy and a queue of trainspotters. Been hammering this and 'darn cold way' for years now. It will never date.... like prince on a speedball.
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #285 on: July 1, 2010, 10:33:37 am »
http://www.myspace.com/teddrec

That's my house and electro stuff that I was doing a couple of years ago. Haven't done it in ages mind.

Thinking of starting up again under a different name... but not as blatantly house.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 10:40:48 am by James Mac »

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #286 on: July 1, 2010, 11:05:59 am »
http://www.myspace.com/teddrec

That's my house and electro stuff that I was doing a couple of years ago. Haven't done it in ages mind.

Thinking of starting up again under a different name... but not as blatantly house.

Hehe! where have I heard the tune from 33:30 onwards?? So cheesy but I love it.... :)
PSN - sparkness08

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #287 on: July 1, 2010, 11:18:18 am »
Hehe! where have I heard the tune from 33:30 onwards?? So cheesy but I love it.... :)

:D completely forgot about that Disco mix...

That song is David Rubato - Circuit (Siriusmo Remix). Quality tune!

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #288 on: July 1, 2010, 05:51:32 pm »
I played this last week at a dubstep/wierdness jam.... lots of people very happy and a queue of trainspotters. Been hammering this and 'darn cold way' for years now. It will never date.... like prince on a speedball.

great to hear them still get a rinsing.  we made the video for darn in the midfield general's house the week after he moved in and while he was dj-ing abroad without telling him.  he really wasn't pleased.  christian and jamie were so far ahead of their time its a shame more didn't come of it particularly as jamie's material is just so bland now days.  christian is making much more punk sounding music but can be cajoled into the odd spectacular set of house and techno.  i remember him playing 'moonraker' by the foremost poets but he was spinning it backwards, manually, perfectly in time with the other track.  very special.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #289 on: July 1, 2010, 05:53:39 pm »
new little white ear buds mix is from shaun reeves.  always worth checking out he was touted as the us answer to jamie jones but i think their sound is rather different now - jamie is going deeper, and deeper into disco with hot natured.  i was over at his house on monday as he recovered from glastonbury but no rest for the wicked he was leaving to fly to ibiza where he was playing 2-4am at space before flying straight back the next morning.

this mix is excellent by the way and i've included the interview blurb from shaun:

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/podcast/lwe-podcast-32-shaun-reeves/

LWE Podcast 32: Shaun Reeves

PODCAST 32-01

The first time I saw Shaun Reeves DJ, it was on iTunes. I was at the Marcy Hotel in Brooklyn, interviewing his roommate and DJ partner Seth Troxler, when Shaun introduced me to what immediately became one of my favorite house tracks: Nick Holder’s “Feelin’ Sad.” Seth asked if I had ever heard Shaun DJ, and I said I hadn’t. He gave me a knowing look and said “He’s the best.” Across the room, Lee Curtiss nodded in firm agreement. Knowing Shaun only by his terrific edit of Wolf + Lamb’s “If U Had,” I was intrigued. I didn’t get to see him behind the decks until a few months later, at his birthday party in some smoky New York basement. Right away I knew Seth and Lee weren’t kidding; Shaun’s mixing style was amazing, full of deft sleights of hand and perfectly executed blow-up moments. Though a bit subtler than his set that night, LWE’s 32nd podcast has the same impressive qualities, showcasing the sense of groove and flawless track selection that make Shaun a favorite in Berlin lofts and underground clubs around the world.

Download: LWE Podcast 32: Shaun Reeves (55:29)

Tracklist:

01. Ryan Crosson, “Metro Bunker” [Eklo*]
02. Masomenos, “Piano” [Welcome To Masomenos]
03. Jin Choi, “Are You Out There?” (Tolga Fidan Remix) [Roman,Photo]
04. Affkt & Danny Fiddo, “Points” (Villalobos Una Puta Mas Atras Remix) [Barraca Music]
05. Seuil, “Lost in the Soul Shower” [Freak n' Chic]
06. Lee Curtiss, “Smoking Mirrors” [Spectral Sound*]
07. Memory Foundation, “Summer Visions” [Yore Records]
08. Jimpster, “Sleeper” [Freerange Records]
09. Inxec & Matt Tolfrey, “Show Me How (To Feel It)”

10. DJ W!ld, “Untitled”

11. Addled, “Crescendo”

12. Michael Collins, “You Tenderly Fall Apart” (Gadi Edit)

*denotes unreleased tracks

When and how was the mix recorded?

Shaun Reeves: I recorded the mix last week in my living room.

What kind of feel were you going for with this mix?

I was trying to keep it deep and groovy but moving.

What’s your favorite kind of party to DJ? What are some of your favorite spots?

Any party where people are enjoying themselves and the music is fine by me. My favorite spots so far are Club der Visionaere in Berlin, Fabric in London, and the Marcy Hotel in Brooklyn.

What are some producers or tracks you’re really digging at the moment?

Lee Curtiss, Ryan Crosson, Seth Troxler, Cesar Merveille, and Wolf + Lamb.

What can we expect from you in the months ahead?

I have a new release that I made with Seth Troxler and Hector coming out on Crosstown Rebels this month under the name The Royal We. Also in the near future I have a remix I made with Lee Curtiss coming out on a new label from Belgium called Readymade. In November I will going to the U.S. for a tour with stops in Miami, NYC, LA, and some others. Really excited for that as always, its great to come home and see friends also its been extremely fun playing there recently.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #290 on: July 1, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »
still loving this from mattias aguayo.  so hot right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ7TO2-0ZvM
:thumbup

Clever track

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #291 on: July 1, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »
:thumbup

Clever track

captain check him out you will dig the rest of his work.  he was a don daddy mini-tech dj who's slowed it down, sings over his own tracks and - damn him - is a handsome bastard to boot.

'walter neff' was big for me last year along with the highly ironic 'minimal' which both rather wonderfully are released on the near perfect german techno label kompact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WJmwjc4UI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsjwT0X2-e8

two links at once can be a bit much but really let these boys spin.

super excellent.

EDIT: by the way i'm not really big on vocals as a rule but there's just SOMETHING special about him.

great for taking drugs, outside, in the sunshine ;D

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #292 on: July 2, 2010, 12:46:44 pm »
great to hear them still get a rinsing.  we made the video for darn in the midfield general's house the week after he moved in and while he was dj-ing abroad without telling him.  he really wasn't pleased.  christian and jamie were so far ahead of their time its a shame more didn't come of it particularly as jamie's material is just so bland now days.  christian is making much more punk sounding music but can be cajoled into the odd spectacular set of house and techno.  i remember him playing 'moonraker' by the foremost poets but he was spinning it backwards, manually, perfectly in time with the other track.  very special.

Christ, I'm feeling ill with coincidence.... I played moonraker at the jam too, should've seen peoples faces when I put it on - the scratched sound at the start!!! Some others that I played if I can remember... in no particular order...

Sunaj Assassins - Cold Callin (hunsberger mix)
Wighnomy Brothers - Pele Bloss
Purveyors of fine funk - Heights Vol I
Yuksek - Everywhere in town (cosmo vitelli mix)
Foremost Poets - Moonraker (original)
Drug Punks - Drug
Dj Funk - House the groove
Bandulu - Better Nation (CC mix)

Memory failing me now, I was smoking... :D

PSN - sparkness08

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #293 on: July 4, 2010, 12:52:49 am »
Fuck this thread right off, keep thinking House S8 is coming.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #294 on: July 5, 2010, 01:25:20 pm »
Fuck this thread right off, keep thinking House S8 is coming.

fuck yourself.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #295 on: July 5, 2010, 01:27:06 pm »
i've just been to the best party ever.  biggest tune of the weekend for me was the isolee remix of 'love pattern' by mickey moonlight.  here's a link to the superlative original but does anyone have a link to the remix?  off the scale in the sunshine; in a capability brown designed garden with 500 of the beautiful people and a load of acid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDo38vWEV6Q

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #296 on: July 5, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »
also very big at casa hass is the isloee remix of cardiology by recloose. 

truly the heavyweight champion of subtle psychedelic dance music and all round good egg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmz6CQf7Tf8

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #297 on: July 5, 2010, 01:45:32 pm »
Anyone a fan of Roger Sanchez and his sexy House music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgscArtUfoI

I love his Spanish flavor.. Legend.
C'est la vie.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: July 5, 2010, 05:17:03 pm »
Never been that big of a fan of Roger Sanchez.Always been the most commercial member along with Armand Van Helden of the DaMongoloid crew.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #299 on: July 7, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »
Never been that big of a fan of Roger Sanchez.Always been the most commercial member along with Armand Van Helden of the DaMongoloid crew.

i've stroked armand's beard.  he did an 'fatboy slim v armand van helden' gig in a boxing ring at brixton academy back in the day that was most entertaining.   his early remixes were off the scale but he's definitely chosen to suckle at mammon's teat since then.  i also did this video for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_vIZHMAAQ

this was shot at fatboy slims house.  look out for the blonde lithuanian girl.  she was arrested as part of a ring of prostitutes operating out eaton square the next day.  shame we didn't know on the shoot.

roger sanchez has always been a bit commercial for me.  i prefer the soundz of the underground ;D
« Last Edit: May 9, 2014, 08:25:40 pm by hassinator »

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: July 8, 2010, 09:05:12 am »
i've stroked armand's beard when on acid.  he did an 'fatboy slim v armand van helden' gig in a boxing ring at brixton academy back in the day that was most entertaining.   his early remixes were off the scale but he's definitely chosen to suckle at mammon's teat since then.  i also did this video for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_vIZHMAAQ

this was shot at fatboy slims house.  look out for the blonde lithuanian girl.  she was arrested as part of a ring of prostitutes operating out eaton square the next day.  shame we didn't know on the shoot.

roger sanchez has always been a bit commercial for me.  i prefer the soundz of the underground ;D
Psychedelic country house parties,Music Videos,Prostitution rings and the soundtrack of the underground...................Where's my ticket?

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »
What's everyone's view on Fidget? And specifically, the Dutch, jazzier type?

Artists include Rene van Munster, Oliver $, Brabe, Robert Boogert, Bootlickers etc etc...

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2010, 04:27:08 pm »
i love eletronical music ,, sasha been my fav dj

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2010, 04:44:32 pm »
What's everyone's view on Fidget? And specifically, the Dutch, jazzier type?

Artists include Rene van Munster, Oliver $, Brabe, Robert Boogert, Bootlickers etc etc...

haven't checked them out.  i tend to find the dutch stuff a bit too heavy on melody for my tastes.  i like it completely understated, muted, germanic.  lsd music basically but DEFINITELY not progressive or trance.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2010, 04:44:58 pm »
i love eletronical music ,, sasha been my fav dj

he's had his moments but i just think things have moved on a bit from him these days.  still he certainly packs them in.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »
haven't checked them out.  i tend to find the dutch stuff a bit too heavy on melody for my tastes.  i like it completely understated, muted, germanic.  lsd music basically but DEFINITELY not progressive or trance.

I suppose you're right. I'd much rather listen to something droney and harder at clubs, but for at home it's alllll about the melody.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »
I suppose you're right. I'd much rather listen to something droney and harder at clubs, but for at home it's alllll about the melody.

definitely not falling under the heading 'house and techno' this is a pretty sublime mix from man of the moment mickey moonlight.

blaze up, lie back and enjoy with large grin on your face:

http://www.brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4039%3Amickey-moonlight-mixe-exclusigf&catid=1%3Ageneral&Itemid=5

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2010, 06:23:20 pm »
Hass, without wishing to trawl back through a million threads, do you direct, produce, or just work on music vids?

Back to music, I find all these tracks a bit soft, I'm all about Justic and the Ed Bangers crew like Kavinsky and Sebastian, and Mr Alkan of course.
Everything else is gay isn't it?

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »
Back to music, I find all these tracks a bit soft, I'm all about Justic and the Ed Bangers crew like Kavinsky and Sebastian, and Mr Alkan of course.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPwCmhvmHeM&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PPwCmhvmHeM&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=</a>

You've made me listen to Justice now  :-X

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2010, 08:11:43 pm »
Hass, without wishing to trawl back through a million threads, do you direct, produce, or just work on music vids?

well mickey moonlight is on ed banger though i have to say he is atypical of their usual output.  not really for me its like dance music made for indie kids though i would like to bang the back doors of uffie.  i got her phone number once but never got a chance to follow up.

fair play on finding some of the stuff i like 'a bit soft' its just at my age i like it deep and intelligent more than wham bam thank you m'am.  no to knee tremblers, yes to 17 hour sets of psychedelic foreplay.  i think my drugs of choice tend to take you in that direction more too.

in terms of work i have produced and commissioned shit loads of videos.  my commissioning company is called new selecta but we don't have a site up at the moment (soon come).  i left www.colonelblimp.com - a company i founded - to set up something new which is just taking a wee bit longer to kick off than i anticipated.  moving house and having a baby arriving in 3 weeks have proved a bit of a distraction but then so have all the ace parties i've had to go to this summer ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2010, 08:41:39 pm »
i'm really enjoying all things isolee at the moment.  this his remix of ripperton from last summer.  definitely at the weirder end of the scale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ap46WPQtMY&feature=player_embedded

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2010, 08:55:22 pm »

this is a banger by the way.  i'd definitely play this but more prime time - two to four am maybe?

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2010, 10:26:40 pm »
this is a banger by the way.  i'd definitely play this but more prime time - two to four am maybe?

Oh definitely. Are you a DJ then?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:50 am »
Oh definitely. Are you a DJ then?

laptop action at parties when no one else can stand up/focus/be arsed hence my love of all things deep.

i have a lot of mates who are on the circuit so i'm usually happy to kick back and let it all wash over me ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #314 on: July 13, 2010, 09:56:43 am »
this is a bit more traditional tech house from sloth aka pete hurst.  hursty is a scouser and swag records producer legend having worked with everyone from prime (red zone) david morales to terry francis, eddie richards, nathan coles and the rest of the wiggle crew.  currently living in norway with his lovely lady this is kicking my morning off with a suitable pep.

btw if you're not on soundcloud you should be.  literally miles of pleasure to be had:

http://soundcloud.com/sloth-2/under-the-radar-mix-july-2010?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsloth-2%2Funder-the-radar-mix-july-2010

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #315 on: July 13, 2010, 05:34:39 pm »
continuing the theme of bump and click this is a killer mix from the mountain people last summer.  really getting me in the mood for some tuesday misbheaviour:

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/mountain-people-90-minutes-summer-mix-july-2009

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 13, 2010, 06:03:42 pm »
continuing the theme of bump and click this is a killer mix from the mountain people last summer.  really getting me in the mood for some tuesday misbheaviour:

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/mountain-people-90-minutes-summer-mix-july-2009
Remember what happens when you play out on a school night.  :wave

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #317 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:14 pm »
Remember what happens when you play out on a school night.  :wave

daddy is back in the nest.  too much homework for midweek mischief but i did manage a cheeky spliff and a shandy.

crazy nights ;D

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 13, 2010, 10:48:08 pm »
daddy is back in the nest.  too much homework for midweek mischief but i did manage a cheeky spliff and a shandy.

crazy nights ;D
My crazy nights are over for a while after today.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:25 am »
Hass, you've made me a massive fan of Matias Aguayo.

Listening to Roller-skate and this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARPnouBeir8

Epic.