Author Topic: Spurs vs Liverpool 2-1 Post Match Reaction  (Read 69732 times)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs vs Liverpool 2-1 Post Match Reaction
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2009, 12:35:13 am »
Jarque's funeral.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: August 17, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Henri Camara is better.

El Zhar is better, Adam Hammill is better, Paul Anderson is better.
Too depressing to think that we sold the latter two for a combined fee of £750,000.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: August 17, 2009, 12:35:51 am »
Where was Degen?

Thankfully far away from whatever pitch Liverpool are playing on. Martin Kelly has usurped him as the next right back in line. Not a moment too soon either.

Ryan was so poor today, but he wasn't alone. In the balance of the game though Spurs were actually very very good, passes constantly finding their men, good touch, new their system and Defoe was a real handful.

Were both bad and unlucky today, but I was pleased with Johnson's display and Yossi's continued slickness.

Even if we had got the penalty for the foul on Vorogol and scored it would have been an undeserved point. That said, it was a certain penalty, and the ref bottled it, because he lacks character.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: August 17, 2009, 12:36:12 am »
I was being sarcastic but Babel is shite.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #764 on: August 17, 2009, 12:37:25 am »
I see the Babel apologists are out in force.

A few good games in 07-08 when the entire team was playing brilliantly do not hide from the sad reality that he has been a massive disappointment overall and looks woefully short of ability. Confidence too, but he's had his chances.

Personally I think the sooner he leaves the better. Would rather see Yossi and Riera ahead of him on the left wing. It was a horrendous decision from Rafa to start him ahead of Yossi today.

Spot on mate.

Cant believe Rafa picked Babel ahead of Yossi today. I thought that we have to be able to room for both Kuyt and Yossi for the early part of the season at least and with Riera being injured Rafa had the chance do that but for some strange reason he gave Babel yet another chance and yet again Babel doesnt produce. 

Babel isnt good enough for us. I for one wouldnt be sad to see him go at 4m to 6ml and i think we would be lucky to get that now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:40:12 am by Fordy »

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:12 am »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #766 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:30 am »
Just come home and the dogs shit on the floor and my birds burnt my tea.usually good the pair of em like

But,Fuck em

Booted the dog over the fence and knocked every fucking tooth outta my birds daft mouth

::)

Some of the shit on here is embarrassing

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #767 on: August 17, 2009, 12:42:15 am »
Yer wha?

Some one called you a twat, deleted there post though.

Babel shouldn't be the scapegoat, whole team was wank,

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: August 17, 2009, 12:44:25 am »
I don't think Babel or Yossi are amazing to be honest. Anyone willing to pick up the ball and run at their defence would have had a field day today as Yossi showed - we should have done that from the off but the owners won't give RB any dough. Manu would have won today from a position of 1-1.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline AmericanPoolFan

• RAWK's Gay Dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • why am I that
« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2009, 12:44:30 am »
Just seeing how many of you suggest the hole position for Yossi is incredible, when thinking that less than a year ago most of the people here wanted him out, saying he's not good enough.  Should i raise the benni-garcia debate again ? as i see no place for comparison.

I don't know if it's because of his slight build or the fact that we got him for cheap but Yossi tends to be easily forgotten, and every time he plays well it's like we discovered him all over again.  Most people didn't pick him to start in their match threads, and a lot were excited to see Babel start in his place before the match started (even though they now slate Rafa in retrospect).

The guy was oh I don't know, just about our most important player for the second half of last season.  Is it really that much of a shock that he came in and got our offense moving again?

I'd put the guy #3 on the team sheet, behind the obvious 2.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2009, 12:45:03 am »
We've had poor games before.

Last year Utd went through a very poor spell but bounced back.

We need to work the midfield out. Xabi is gone so we need to play differently......Utd don't have a creative midfielder who can pass either. Masch needs to add an aspect to his game where he can run into space. Somebody mentioned Agger and maybe he could do that job?

Lucas is a good player but I want to see some games when he makes a big impact. SG, Torres, Benny, Kuyt, Masch have all had good games and we need one from Lucas. Babel just doesn't seem able to raise his game unfortunately. He's the one who should be helping Torres out or taking over if Torres not having an effective game.

Carra and Skrtel need to stop hoofing the ball. We need to get our fullbacks to add width when we attack - Johnson showed good signs of doing this.

All this can be sorted as it's a marathon and not a sprint.

#JFT97

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: August 17, 2009, 12:46:23 am »

Babel shouldn't be the scapegoat, whole team was wank,

Not scapegoating, he's genuinely shocking and has been for 90% of his career here.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #772 on: August 17, 2009, 12:47:10 am »
It's like playing with 10 men with Babel on, he comes inside for the ball all the time and doesn't keep his width, Insua has nothing to hit and either has to go backl or try a difficult pass and give up possesion.

And not to mention he's a lazy c*nt, definetely doesn't deserve anymore chances now imo, whenever he's playing i'll get behind him but he's shite.

He's not the reason we lost today though. We need some good squad cover for Torres and at centre back i reckon, Vorinon and Ayala? Not quite sure whether it's strong enough, we'll see.

If we get it together we'll win the league.
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: August 17, 2009, 12:47:55 am »
Johnsons run was fantastic, just watched it again and its even better than i thought it was.

Kuyt passed it to Johnson and then kuyt started to run to the wings bringing the 2 defenders with him, this gave johnson some time and space to make the run. looking good so far.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline OzAndy_Red

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #774 on: August 17, 2009, 12:50:02 am »
Very poor team performance today. No creativity in the middle and final third of the park. We didn't boss the midfield and didn't create any serious chances. Tottenham played really well and had good structure. Thought Riena, Johnson and in particular Yossi played well. Obviously a lot of our players are short of match fitness. I am very concerned about our midfield. You could see Gerrard towards the later stages having to drop deep so that we could start something decent in attack.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:00 am »

Babel shouldn't be the scapegoat, whqole team was wank,
Nobody called him a twat, I was questioning the fact that he said he was a bit pissed, because he was fucking hammered.

However, whole team was wank yes, but that twat doesn't even look like he wants to play for us. Whether he's not interested in us, or whether he just lacks ability - he should not be playing.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:13 am »
Not scapegoating, he's genuinely shocking and has been for 97% of his career here.

Correction.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:28 am »
Correction.

I miss you, I want your optimism. :(

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:37 am »
The new Henry
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:59 am »
Nobody called him a twat, I was questioning the fact that he said he was a bit pissed, because he was fucking hammered.

However, whole team was wank yes, but that twat doesn't even look like he wants to play for us. Whether he's not interested in us, or whether he just lacks ability - he should not be playing.

I wasn't hammered, I was fine. Just happy to see you, it's been too long.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: August 17, 2009, 12:53:41 am »
You were fucked. Fact.

It has, though.

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: August 17, 2009, 12:54:04 am »
Not scapegoating, he's genuinely shocking and has been for 90% of his career here.

Not saying you were mate, i know he has been bad but he has shown glimpses of what he can be, he was anonymous today though.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: August 17, 2009, 12:54:33 am »
Spot the difference

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:06 am »
It was a shite game. When it is that way, you can't lay blame on one player. Yes, Babel was shite but he wasn't alone. Frankly, I don't think he should be in the team. He's been given lots of chances. Last season, we attacked a lot from the wings. Where's our penetration this time?

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:07 am »

Not you aj, someone put summat up and deleted it sharpish.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:17 am »
As people have said, not his fault we lost BUT straw that broke the camel's back for me. Insua had no hope with him ahead of him. I'd flog him for £5m if we could.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: August 17, 2009, 01:01:36 am »
You could see Gerrard towards the later stages having to drop deep so that we could start something decent in attack.

Someone had to do it. After Yossi took over Stevies position, stevie dropped back to up the tempo from midfield since Xabis gone - worked pretty well.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #787 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:00 am »
Fuck it, i'm off to bed, i'm fucked. Hoping for a massive turn around in performance midweek, lay into them Rafa.  :butt
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #788 on: August 17, 2009, 01:03:20 am »
Please stop blaming the referee, it's just childish.  At first glance it appeared a penalty, but it could have gone either way and I wasn't too unhappy with it not being paid.   Having seen the replay I've changed my tune a little and think it was a penalty, but so what?  Happens all the time.  Pens were the only way we were gonna score today, and that's got nothing to do with the ref.

We were pretty average looking for almost the entire game and didn't look like scoring other than a half chance or two from gerrard from long range.  We didn't ever control the midfield and were always going to rely on some individual brilliance from Yossi or as it happened, Glen Johnson, to make something happen. 

Gerrard and Torres looked off the pace a little so we can hope for improvement there.  We look very bland in the middle with Masch and Lucas and then Kuyt and Babel out wide.  Fullbacks were pretty good but we never looked 100% sure with Carra and Skrtel.  Reina was easily our best player until Yossi came on.

Yossi might have looked that good b/c he came on as a sub, so might have actually been an ok decision from Rafa, but it's hard not to ask why Yossi didn't start given who else was in midfield.

Banging in some goals and getting some confidence against Stoke would be nice.  Would love Yossi to start and have a blinder to at least spark up our start to the season.

Apparently our title chances took a big "blow" yesterday - get fucked.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: August 17, 2009, 01:04:15 am »
As people have said, not his fault we lost BUT straw that broke the camel's back for me. Insua had no hope with him ahead of him. I'd flog him for £5m if we could.
This. Babel didn't even try to form a little partnership with Insua, Didn't give insua any space to make runs, didn't pass to him when insua did make runs and was generally shit in front of Insua.  to be honest i have lost all hope in Babel, people were blaming rafa because of Babel's confidence. But the reality is Babel is just a lazy twat who doesn't have the mentality to make it, he doesn't have the passion, commitment or disire to become a top player.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Sean Mac Eggman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #790 on: August 17, 2009, 01:05:07 am »

A request: can the negative bell ends please refrain from slagging off individual players. Thanks.

well said lad.one game gone and already we are shite, need a new alonso, another striker, better wingers, a new bench, carra is too old, torres is too tired. bollocks. YES we where shite, and as for yossi starting, i love the fella, but babel has looked good in pre-season and deserved a start (even though he done nothing in the game). blame the ref all you want but we didn't deserve it today.one game gone and its the end of the world.

we will have a good season, i am confident we will better last year (at least on points)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:07:27 am by Sean Mac Eggman »
Twitter - RandomBaghead

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: August 17, 2009, 01:05:31 am »
When he signed for us in 2007, we all expected him to be something special by this season, but he's looked average if not shite.

Not good enough for a club as big as Liverpool FC. Would be happy if we sold him as a part exchange for players we were after earlier (like Silva maybe?).

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: August 17, 2009, 01:09:09 am »

Sure. We were crap, as we have been on opening day for years. Trouble is, in past seasons we came out ok against shitty opposition, today Spurs were decent, and if they grow balls will create trouble for all the big hitters.

Doesn't excuse the facts mind.  We lacked the cohesion of a side that was the best in the league 3 months ago (with only a smiffering of changes to our team), and that Babel was dollop. Which he was. Fullstop. For a guy who has been bleating for 18 months how good he is all over the front line, in any team, worldwide.  Really?   HightownPhil has a better attitude, pace and goalthreat in my opinion.

If a fella gets the nod first game, really got to show more than that from Babel.  Hes had a long time to step up. sadly it looks very unlikely from here.

Not scapegoating by the way. Its an observation.  Few came away today with credit, but in an area of the team where we DO have options, Babel's approach makes it unlikely he wants to succeed....

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: August 17, 2009, 01:12:15 am »
A request: can the negative bell ends please refrain from slagging off individual players. Thanks.

Did you get up at half 6 and pay to watch that shite today, Liverpool's number one fan?

Our end made the effort, the least you can ask of Babel is to reciprocate that.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: August 17, 2009, 01:15:26 am »
German telling me I'm a bellend for having an opinion on my team, boss.

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: August 17, 2009, 01:19:51 am »
I'd put the guy #3 on the team sheet, behind the obvious 2.

Reina and Kuyt ??

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:56 am »
Did you get up at half 6 and pay to watch that shite today, Liverpool's number one fan?

Our end made the effort, the least you can ask of Babel is to reciprocate that.
i watched at 1am .......waste of time
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #797 on: August 17, 2009, 01:21:59 am »
German telling me I'm a bellend for having an opinion on my team, boss.
You'd be doing the same if it was after the liikes of Spurs last year.

Who gives a shit where he's from

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: August 17, 2009, 01:22:16 am »
i watched at 1am .......waste of time

I bow to your commitment.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: August 17, 2009, 01:23:55 am »