Author Topic: Serie A 2009/10  (Read 98047 times)

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Serie A 2009/10
« Reply #1400 on: April 3, 2010, 11:07:11 pm »
OMG what happened to Juventus?!  :'( :'(
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: April 4, 2010, 08:56:19 am »
They're still a lot closer to fourth than we are..

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: April 5, 2010, 01:13:13 am »
it seems its mourinho vs Whole World (excluding his actual club).

he's just a bunch of cheap shots at anything he has in front, and yesterdays doping implication about CSKA was just last of a very long list.

Getting tired of Mourinho's antics, he's so damn paranoid about about everything. It seems everyone is against him and his team. It was the same as Chelsea. He's trying to subliminally pressure referees. He's putting out the perception that Inter and Mourinho are hard done by, and in the crucial run in, if there are some 50/50 calls, the ref has a split second to make a decision, it will go Inter's way. He deserves to lose.

"I don’t want to talk about the league. But it’s not a three-horse race. It’s a fight of one team against many other things…

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1403 on: April 5, 2010, 07:04:25 pm »
I think some people need to get into a bit of reality a italian coach built jose's chelsea team and a italian coach built his inter team, and Raneiri is the serie a coach of the season for what he has done at Roma, as for what have Italian managers done in the prem that is just poor mate!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: April 5, 2010, 07:58:56 pm »
Getting tired of Mourinho's antics, he's so damn paranoid about about everything. It seems everyone is against him and his team. It was the same as Chelsea. He's trying to subliminally pressure referees. He's putting out the perception that Inter and Mourinho are hard done by, and in the crucial run in, if there are some 50/50 calls, the ref has a split second to make a decision, it will go Inter's way. He deserves to lose.

"I don’t want to talk about the league. But it’s not a three-horse race. It’s a fight of one team against many other things…

I think it's a tactic of his, the same as Ferguson, to take pressure off his team by complaining.
Nobody is talking about Inter's loss of a massive lead they're talking about Mourinho moaning about refs and saying he might go back to England etc.
The players don't have a case to answer when nobody is posing them questions, all the flack comes his way and they're out of the firing line.

It makes him appear a horrible bastard but it works for his teams, that's why the players always love him.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #1405 on: April 11, 2010, 12:16:33 am »
I think it's a tactic of his, the same as Ferguson, to take pressure off his team by complaining.
Nobody is talking about Inter's loss of a massive lead they're talking about Mourinho moaning about refs and saying he might go back to England etc.
The players don't have a case to answer when nobody is posing them questions, all the flack comes his way and they're out of the firing line.

It makes him appear a horrible bastard but it works for his teams, that's why the players always love him.

good point. he's a master of the siege mentality if ever there was one- worked great guns at cska fulham, working somewhat,somehow at inter.

on that note, well in viola!
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: April 11, 2010, 02:46:04 pm »
milan down 2-0 at home.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: April 11, 2010, 02:47:55 pm »
Roma set to go top 2-0 up what a job ranieri has done, did roma even spend any money this summer after letting Aquilani go ? their squad must be worth a fraction of inters, didnt mourinho insult ranieri at the start of year come back to haunt him now  ;D  20th when he took over if they pip inter to the title surely one of the greatest achievements in modern day football thought it was a  forgone conclusion inter would win this title.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1408 on: April 11, 2010, 03:17:33 pm »
What's wrong with Milan?!

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1409 on: April 11, 2010, 03:28:00 pm »
Roma heading to the top! :)
hi

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: April 11, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »
Roma set to go top 2-0 up what a job ranieri has done, did roma even spend any money this summer after letting Aquilani go ? their squad must be worth a fraction of inters, didnt mourinho insult ranieri at the start of year come back to haunt him now  ;D  20th when he took over if they pip inter to the title surely one of the greatest achievements in modern day football thought it was a  forgone conclusion inter would win this title.

I can't believe it. This is Istanbul levels of come-backs. I'm so happy right now. League's not won yet, but it feels a lot more likely now!

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: April 11, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
Milan ought to be kicking themselves that Inter have given away such a lead and it's Roma who have taken advantage not them.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: April 11, 2010, 04:34:56 pm »
Well done Roma!  :wellin
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:48 am »
Wow Ranieri seems to have finally come of age at Roma, cause he used to bottle it when he had the chance to go top even for a few hours last season at Juventus, and has always been runner up in his career. I used to think he was a perennial loser. If he can pull this off, it'll be the Scudetto of the decade. Rosella Sensi is doing a pretty good job as president, she's running the club in financial balance, without pumping in funds, and they are playing off their debt, and selling the right players.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:44:25 am by matchyg »

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: April 12, 2010, 11:44:29 am »
good point. he's a master of the siege mentality if ever there was one- worked great guns at cska fulham, working somewhat,somehow at inter.

on that note, well in viola!

it only starts when he is losing his grip on what he wants

hes a twat of the highest order and has watched while a superior team has gone backwards
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: April 12, 2010, 04:27:00 pm »

It was a foregone conclusion for the serie A bashers. To those who had already handed Inter the title after the derby win, I've always replied that nothing was decided neither after that game which had us reach a 11 point lead over Roma. And to those who claimed we had walked the title from 2006 on, I've reminded that Roma had already challenged us in 2006-2007 and 2007-2008, last season was the only one in which we really dominated the serie A. If Roma will win the scudetto this year, I'll have no problem in congratulating them as they have always believed in their comeback and deserved more or less most of their points, unlike AC Milan. It wouldn't be the first time in which a team win the scudetto after climbing back a lot of points, Lazio did the same on Juve in 2000 and the previous year AC Milan made an amazing comeback on the same Lazio. At the moment, despite all the hype around Inter losing the top of the league, there are still 5 games left to play and 15 points at stake and the difference between Roma and Inter is just a point. After next Sunday's derby, Roma will play Sampdoria at home, Parma away, Cagliari at home and Chievo away while Inter have Juve at home, Atalanta at home, Lazio away, Chievo at home and Siena away. Equally difficult schedules I'd say, there are 15 points at stake and let's see what's gonna happen.

Offline mildale

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: April 12, 2010, 06:03:42 pm »
I still think Inter will win the league.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: April 12, 2010, 10:54:02 pm »
I still think Inter will win the league.

Me too. But as a Roma supporter I'll still walk away from this season regarding it as a massive success. Financial worries, selling good players, dreadful start to the season, possible change of ownership, new manager.. it was all setting up for mid-table mediocrity or worse. Now look - top with 5 games to play, ahead (just) of a very good Inter side. I think Roma will need to win all remaining games and I have a strong feeling that points will be lost in the derby.

Offline mildale

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:21 pm »
Me too. But as a Roma supporter I'll still walk away from this season regarding it as a massive success. Financial worries, selling good players, dreadful start to the season, possible change of ownership, new manager.. it was all setting up for mid-table mediocrity or worse. Now look - top with 5 games to play, ahead (just) of a very good Inter side. I think Roma will need to win all remaining games and I have a strong feeling that points will be lost in the derby.
Yeah they've had a great season and they have surprised me under Ranieri, he has done a lot better than i thought he would. Just think out of the two sides, Inter are stronger. Roma have the vital advantage though, it's in there hands.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: April 13, 2010, 06:04:32 pm »
Next weeks Rome derby will be something else. Forza Lazio.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: April 13, 2010, 10:32:39 pm »
I would have gladly swapped tonight's result with last Saturday's one but anyway...

Fiorentina 0-1 Inter (Agg. 0-2): Resilient Nerazzurri Reach Coppa Italia Final

Inter move into the final of the Coppa Italia after a 1-0 victory against Fiorentina courtesy of a second half goal from Samuel Eto'o, progressing 2-0 on aggregate.

Cesare Natali put the hosts under early pressure when he fouled Mario Balotelli 25 yards from goal, but the striker floated his free kick over the bar. Juan Manuel Vargas soon went into the book for a late challenge on Sulley Muntari as the Viola prevented the visitors from having any time or space early on.

10 minutes in, Ivan Cordoba also earned a yellow card as he fouled Stevan Jovetic. Neither side was creating much in the way of chances, despite a good tempo to the game, but Eto'o would have been disappointed with his loose shot after beating Natali and Cristiano Zanetti inside the penalty area.

On the quarter hour mark, Maicon found room to break down the right hand side with Felipe completely absent. The Brazilian bore down on the penalty area before squaring towards Eto'o, but Lorenzo De Silvestri made an excellent challenge on the striker to prevent him from opening the scoring. De Silvestri nearly turned from hero to villain moments later when he was caught on the ball by Balotelli but the striker scuffed his shot and it rolled wide of the post.

It was the Nerazzurri that were looking the more dangerous of the sides, with Maicon revelling in his more advanced role on the right hand side, but Fiorentina should have opened the scoring after 25 minutes. Gilardino brought the ball down in the box following clever play from De Silvestri, but Lucio was on hand to clear the ball off the line after Gilardino squeezed his shot between Julio Cesar's legs.

Moments later, Zanetti found Gilardino in space in the area as Cristian Chivu was caught out of position, but the striker took too long to shoot and allowed Chivu to get back and block the eventual shot.

The Gigliati were improving as the half went on, winning a number of corners and keeping the Nerazzurri penned back in their own half. Riccardo Montolivo tried his luck from distance with 10 minutes remaining but didn't test Julio Cesar, while a second attempt moments later was well blocked.

Just before half time, Maicon and Eto'o combined well before the latter easily passed Per Kroldrup in the area but Montolivo made a vital clearance to put the ball behind for a corner. With second to go until the break, Felipe conceded a free kick on the byline to allow Maicon to cross into the box, but Fiorentina safely cleared their lines to remain level at the whistle.

Inter took their time in reappearing for the second half, with Jose Mourinho keeping the Artemio Franchi crowd, which included Italy coach Marcello Lippi and former Viola star Stefano Borgonovo, waiting for a few extra minutes.

The Azzurri coach was almost treated to a stunning goal from Balotelli when he struck a long-range shot that was curling into the corner until Sebastian Frey tipped it round for a corner.

10 minutes after the restart, the Nerazzurri took the lead with a wonderfully crafted move. Nothing seemed to be on for Thiago Motta, but the midfielder chipped a delicate ball over the top of the defence that allowed Eto'o to bring the ball down and lash home from close range past the helpless Frey.

With Fiorentina up against it, Cesare Prandelli threw on Keirrison and Mario Santana in an effort to turn the tie around. The hosts looked to break down the resilient Beneamata, who had introduced Esteban Cambiasso into the midfield following the goal, but they were lacking incision.

Inter also posed a threat on the counter attack, and with 15 minutes remaining Chivu found himself in behind De Silvestri but his powerful shot rippled the side netting.

Santana blazed a free kick into the night sky with 10 minutes remaining as the game slipped ever further away from Fiorentina, before Javier Zanetti was allowed to advance with the ball until he was 20 yards out, whereupon he fired a shot wide of Frey's post.

The wind was out of Fiorentina's sails as the minutes ticked by, with the crowd muted and the hosts looking ever more desperate as they struggled to find a way through the Nerazzurri defence. In the 90th minute, Zanetti found Gilardino with another fine pass but the former Milan man couldn't find the target with his first-time effort.

Inter comfortably saw out the four minutes of injury time, and they move into the final of the Coppa Italia and await the result of the second semi-final between Roma and Udinese.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1421 on: April 16, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »
Anyone watching this then. Positive start by Juventus.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1422 on: April 16, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »
Momo sent off after 35 minutes.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #1423 on: April 16, 2010, 08:26:53 pm »
Momo sent off after 35 minutes.

he looks like he's put on a bunch of weight

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: April 16, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »
anyone has a link for this one?

Offline redandred

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1425 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:57 pm »

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1426 on: April 16, 2010, 09:02:06 pm »
What a waste.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:07 pm »
It appears Eto'o has lost his ability.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1428 on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:28 pm »
Another astonishing miss.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1429 on: April 16, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
Oh my fucking god. What a goal. Absolutely insane by Maicon.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: April 16, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »
WOW! :o

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: April 16, 2010, 09:25:02 pm »
Great goal from Maicon, immense.

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: April 16, 2010, 09:33:12 pm »

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: April 16, 2010, 09:41:50 pm »
eto with a tap in celebrates like scored a 40 yard screamer

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: April 16, 2010, 10:11:53 pm »
Good for Inter.  They get to play a day early and the added benefit of playing vs 10 men for 2/3 of the match.  They'll be nicely rested for Tuesday's match. 

Btw who went down injured for Inter at the end? Was it Maicon?

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:50 pm »
Good for Inter.  They get to play a day early and the added benefit of playing vs 10 men for 2/3 of the match.  They'll be nicely rested for Tuesday's match. 

yea i think it was maicon..

Offline mildale

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:03 pm »
Just seen the Maicon goal, that was a bit good.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »

Yes it was Maicon, he should be already fit though. His goal was absolutely outstanding and his overall performance excellent, I'd say he was the man of the match. I'm thoroughly satisfied for tonight's win, no doubt that we were the better team, regardless of Juve playing in 10. My only regret is Balotelli's fantastic free-kick that crashed on the crossbar, such a well-taken shoot deserved a goal. I think we spent some energies but not as many as I thought we would have done. Milito seems to me the most tired player of all, I've never see him squandering 3 clear-cut chances like the ones he had tonight. I believe that tonight's line-up will be the same that Mourinho will field vs Barcelona on Tuesday, it was planned for the Champions League games and then used in the serie A as well but any change is possible.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:13:13 pm by YouthGoneWild »

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1438 on: April 16, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »
eto with a tap in celebrates like scored a 40 yard screamer

Don't be such a c*nt

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan